Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

Nintendo NES & Games for sale-$150 - $150 (Peoria)Date: 2008-08-23, 11:56PM MST
Nintendo NES with 2 controllers and 4 Games for sale.
Games are:
Paperboy-
Duck Hunt/Super Mario Bros.-
Vegas Dream-
Black Bass
Also comes with the duck hunt gun. But we are not able to get it to work.

011508010410010306200808238faf8937d686863b5200ee50.jpg

PostingID: 810325872

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Oy. Any advice? I kinda wanna screw with this guy now.[/quote]

yea, make a serious offer as to what you'd like to see instead of being a jerk. Some of those games [quite a few actually] are trash and arent worth the 6 bucks anyway. Dont forget you're selling used stuff, as a result you arent going to get top dollar regardless of how well you took care of them. Unless you want to go through the trouble of posting single ebay auctions and taking high quality jpegs to show how your Beowulf [Perfect Dark, Gun, etc etc] disc is in emaculate condition and totally worth $2.00 instead of the normal 99 cents they sell for, dont expect a whole lot.

Some people in this thread simply sound like douches when they tell someone off in an extremely insulting way because they may not be up to snuff. You'll be the newest candidate if you think his offer is justifiable reasoning to start acting like a prick.

Personally i think $200 is more than fair. If i was interested in most of those titles and got declined i'd simply hold out and pick them up new off fleebay or during sales since most of those titles are either old or budget games today anyway. Likewise you should be happy you found a reasonable offer and a single channel to dump that crap pile. Whats that worth in trade? $80 bucks?

Reasonable offer? You're insane and also apparently quite an asshole.
No thanks, I'll stick to using Goozex. Of course there are games that aren't worth much (like NBA and NCAA) but I'd wager that most if not all of those games are worth at least $10 with a good amount fetching over $20.
The guy made a joke of an offer so he could buy in bulk to start up his own game store. He later admitted he was lowballing me becasue he didn't think I knew how much they were worth.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I'm fucking sick and tired of people making me low ball offers on my stuff.

I have a TV listed right now, there is nothing wrong with the TV and its fairly new. I have it at $60. If someone offered $40 for it I would consider it and probably take it. I've had 3 people make offers, $25, $20, and $20. After the second offer I added, "Please do not offer me $20, it won't happen". Sure enough I got another $20 offer. People are fucking stupid.

/rant

EDIT: Just looked on ebay and there is the same TV going for $42 plus $16 shipping with 14 bids and 2 1/2 days left. fucking idiots.[/quote]

Throw a link to that eBay auction onto your ad (especially if it sells for a lot more after the auction is completed), then indicate how much it sells for on eBay and how you're asking much lower than that...

fuck those idiots...the 3rd guy was most likely some punk who wanted to mess with you and yank your chain after you added that comment about not taking $20 offers. Just to spite you for adding that. If I were you, I would start by asking $100 for it and then come down to $50 or 60...

[quote name='spoo']Nope.

I'm not a religious man but I respect my fellow man and don't try to fuck thy neighbor every chance I get . I don't deal or associate with others that don't follow the same or simillar creed. I know this is cheap ass gamer but I don't get the dog eat dog mentality on saving a buck at any cost. It is one thing to barter and to get a deal but it is a whole different issue to offer 20%- 50% of an items resell value.[/quote]

What about when people SELL their stuff, willingly, for pennies on the dollar (or even less)?

Are we obligated/compelled, be it morally or spiritually, to tell a person "hey, you're asking $1 for this complete mint copy of Final Fantasy 7/Suikoden 2/Earthbound...you should know it's really worth 100+ times that amount."?

If I see an ad on craigslist listing something that's asking well under its actual value (like the Silent Hill complete black label copy I picked up the other day for $1), I'm not going to complain, I'll simply pay what the guy is asking. If it's obviously overpriced (or the person knows or thinks he knows what it's worth) I'm not going to waste my time, unless I have a burning desire for the item for my collection or whatever.

And I'll be happy to negotiate, as long as I get a good deal.

I'm surprised about the arguing about low balling I created. I just wanted to vent lol. Its one thing to haggle and another to offer a third of what the asking price is.

A little bit of an update. The ebay TV is now over $100 and I sold mine today on Amazon for $90. I'll end up get about $100 so I'll be making more than $60 after shipping. I'm happy.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I'm surprised about the arguing about low balling I created. I just wanted to vent lol. Its one thing to haggle and another to offer a third of what the asking price is.

A little bit of an update. The ebay TV is now over $100 and I sold mine today on Amazon for $90. I'll end up get about $100 so I'll be making more than $60 after shipping. I'm happy.[/quote]

Not to sound condescending, but why didn't you do that in the first place? I frequent Craigslist for completely different reasons than ebay. One's like an online garage sale, and the other is like a huge store. The prices are going to be higher, but you're definitely going to find what you want.

...and you were just asking for the third email when you put "NO MORE OFFERS OF $20 RARGH" ;) Still, I'm happy to hear of your success :) Great job!

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I'm surprised about the arguing about low balling I created. I just wanted to vent lol. Its one thing to haggle and another to offer a third of what the asking price is.

A little bit of an update. The ebay TV is now over $100 and I sold mine today on Amazon for $90. I'll end up get about $100 so I'll be making more than $60 after shipping. I'm happy.[/quote]

was it a good tv?

[quote name='punkmaggit']Not to sound condescending, but why didn't you do that in the first place? I frequent Craigslist for completely different reasons than ebay. One's like an online garage sale, and the other is like a huge store. The prices are going to be higher, but you're definitely going to find what you want.[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to deal with the shipping. I didn't realize it was worth so much so now I don't care about the shipping. I went with Craigslist first because I thought it would be easy and we have like 4-5 colleges around here and those are starting now so I figured someone would want it.

[quote name='xeno']was it a good tv?[/QUOTE]

It's a decent TV, It's a Toshiba 13" TV/VCR combo. It is still in great shape though.

LOL, that was brilliant. Too bad it's been flagged, it should have been a craigslist "best of".

-------------------------

While the price here isn't completely horrible (still a ripoff, for sure), the line about having to "blow twice" for Super Mario All Stars is too funny.

Super Nintendo with 8 games, cables wires everything - $100 (La Crescenta)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-08-27, 5:14PM PDT

I am selling my Super Nintendo Collection.

Includes 8 games, 1 SNES controller cables and wires

Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Super Mario World
Mario Paint with Mouse and pad
Contra III
NBA Jam T.E.
Super Mario All Stars

Super Mario All stars must be blown twice to work. but workes fine during gameplay and will not freeze

Ask for Mike

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/ele/818506429.html

I have a Modded Xbox with the Unleash X Mod It comes with 70 Games and 500+ Backup Games in its Hard drive such as Mario Kart, Mario 64, Donkey Kong, Street Fighter Etc. This Xbox can burn games straight on the hard drive and burn games on a cd. It comes with 2 controllers as well, a few of the games I can think of are Madden 09, Need 4 Speed Carbon, True Crime Streets of Ny(Collectors Edition), 50 Cent Bullet Proof, and several more. This Modded Xbox has an LED Light Feature as well it glows GREEN ORANGE AND RED. Im asking $350 OBO for it its well worth it just for the games itself. You must pick up or I can deliver to you through mail if you pay shipping or I can meet you at your house. This Xbox is In Excellent condition. You can email me or call Wes or Allison 276-732-8389

I can also furnish more pictures if you need them

Thanks

How did he get Madden 09 on the xbox?

He might of went to amazon.com and bought it or some local store...

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-09..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1220081334&sr=8-2

xD

[quote name='shoe478']http://greensboro.craigslist.org/ele/818506429.html

I have a Modded Xbox with the Unleash X Mod It comes with 70 Games and 500+ Backup Games in its Hard drive such as Mario Kart, Mario 64, Donkey Kong, Street Fighter Etc. This Xbox can burn games straight on the hard drive and burn games on a cd. It comes with 2 controllers as well, a few of the games I can think of are Madden 09, Need 4 Speed Carbon, True Crime Streets of Ny(Collectors Edition), 50 Cent Bullet Proof, and several more. This Modded Xbox has an LED Light Feature as well it glows GREEN ORANGE AND RED. Im asking $350 OBO for it its well worth it just for the games itself. You must pick up or I can deliver to you through mail if you pay shipping or I can meet you at your house. This Xbox is In Excellent condition. You can email me or call Wes or Allison 276-732-8389

Thanks

How did he get Madden 09 on the xbox?[/QUOTE]

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/780311954.html

"
ok. so i don't know really how to go about this.

basically, i was your one night stand last night and need my most important idem of clothing back--> my bra.

so yes, i was totally fine with the fact that when i left this morning we didn't exchange phone numbers (or names...); no big deal. but once i got home and sobered up, i realized, that we maybe should have because i left my bra at your house.

first off, i want to get something clear. this is no victoria secret-esq type bra. this is an imported good were talking about. princess tam tam-french lingerie.

ok. specifics about you. (what i remember.) they are not going to be too specific because my friends are on this all the time and think i took a cab home last night.

you are:
1) outrageously tall and good looking.
2) a commercial real estate broker from the san jose, but lives in the financial district in the city with an asian friend whom i believe, was celebrating his birthday.
3) going to slide saturday night.
4) really into golf, in fact went friday.
5) a fan of red gumm y bears.

i am:
1) someone who obviously loves her underwear.
2) obsessed with french everything.
3) not really into children. something we have in common.
4) occasionally from time to time caught wearing my clothes inside out.
5) "anna"- (my name.)

so, where to go from here. basically, i'm willing to do whatever it takes. i can come pick it up, you can mail it to me, i can just have you leave it outside your building at a certain agreed upon time. what ever.

i hope to god you don't feel weird about this, because i don't. i obviously didn't leave it there on purpose. like i said, i'm not looking for you to take me out or call me. for god's sake, i'm resorting to craigslist for a grey bra. it's just a super cute one and i want it back. plus, it doesn't seem like you'll use it. you just didn't come off as that type.

please people. if this is you, or sounds like someone you know who fits this "john doe" profile, please contact me."

lol

[quote name='shoe478']http://greensboro.craigslist.org/ele/818506429.html

Thanks

How did he get Madden 09 on the xbox?[/quote]

This just furthers the argument that while some publishers are content to only publish exclusively for some consoles, the monolith known as EA will whore out their games on ANY console that will take them. I can't say that I didn't expect this, but I thought that Madden 08 was the last game ever made for the original Xbox. I now stand corrected, as I saw Madden 09 the other day at a Kmart for Xbox.

[quote name='shoe478']I did not know they still made xbox games, sorry.[/QUOTE]

Actually I was surprised when I found out it was on xbox too.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']^

Now we can shut this thread down.

Someone please screencap so that future mankind can know what a whore is[/quote]

I agree. I would tell her that I'm keeping it because it fits me so well if I was that dude.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/tag/820524534.html
My son is selling his game boy advance with 10 games for for $120 dollars everything works and the games are in excellent conditions. for more information please feel free to call me at (707) 318-0824
here are the titles of the games
1)Croc 2
2) Monsters, Inc
3) Star Wars Yoda stories
4) Tom and Jerry Mouse Attacks
5) Harry Potter
6) Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets
7) Scooby-Doo!
8) Yu-gi-oh
9) Toni Hawk's 4
10) Pokemon Pinball

GBA + 6 gameboy color and 3 GBA games for $120

[quote name='62t']http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/tag/820524534.html
My son is selling his game boy advance with 10 games for for $120 dollars everything works and the games are in excellent conditions. for more information please feel free to call me at (707) 318-0824
here are the titles of the games
1)Croc 2
2) Monsters, Inc
3) Star Wars Yoda stories
4) Tom and Jerry Mouse Attacks
5) Harry Potter
6) Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets
7) Scooby-Doo!
8) Yu-gi-oh
9) Toni Hawk's 4
10) Pokemon Pinball

GBA + 6 gameboy color and 3 GBA games for $120[/quote]

Smart kid, I always pad the asking price in case I get lowballers.

Hi, I'm looking for some RPG games that I have never played before so if you can help me out that would be great. These are the price that I'm willing to pay.

Final Fantasy VII - $10

LUNAR: Silver Star Story - $10

Final Fantasy VIII - $5

Final Fantasy IX - $5

Final Fantasy Tactics - $5

Final Fantasy Anthology - $5

All of these are PS1 games so they don't cost too much anymore but the problem is that game stores have stop selling PS1 games :(

If you have any of these games then please email me at [email protected].

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/wan/824541532.html

All of these are PS1 games so they don't cost too much anymore but the problem is that game stores have stop selling PS1 games :(
This logic makes no sense. Unless you're an idiot? I just thought that quote was funny like stupid.

Oh my:

http://greenville.craigslist.org/ele/824947415.html

Hey , I was given a brand new pair of Jabra Bt620s bluetooth stereo head phones. I used them for like 45 mins. My blackberry is a lil older and doesnt support them. I have the suede puch they go in around here somewhere , but still have charger and I think the books. If your paying cash Im askinf 40$. If you can pay paypal then im just asking 30$. Please call 8648380584 or reply. I might even take a little lower like 25 (-?) if you can pay thru paypal to purchase them

In other words:

Hi, physical cash is worth less to me than digital money where they take a percentage of the money you give me, so I will take 10.00 less than real cold-hard cash. Oh, btw, I'll take less as well. But not if it's cash.

Sure, i'll pay $100 for $30 worth of games. They're for the 360 so they've gotta be worth money!

http://dayton.craigslist.org/tag/823533160.html

Xbox 360 Games - $100 (Tipp City/Huber)

Date: 2008-09-02, 10:45AM EDT

Need for speed pro street.....

Madden 06......

Test drive Unlimited......

Call of Duty 2....

All Gently Used....Cash Only....$100.00 OBO

How about this one:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/tag/827359515.html

Xbox with 8 games - $275 (Hermitage, PA)

Barely used Xbox with the following extras:

- DVD adapter
- Extra controller
- 8 Games: NFL Fever 2002, All-Star Baseball 2003, Outlaw Golf, Munch's Oddysee, Dead or Alive 3, Project Gotham Racing, amped snowboarding, Dead or Alive extreme beach volleyball
$275 for this pile of crap or get a used xbox at GS and all these games for around $50 total. Joke.

Also I have noticed that there are more and more people spamming referrals and scams on CL lately. There must be nobody that bothers flagging them because they never get removed around here. Guess Pittsburgh isn't the video game hotspot.

Two winner PS1 ads for me, the first:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/tag/823124504.html

play station games - $25 (all over)

driver
classic games
spider man
arcade classics
silent hill
resident evil 3 2 survivor
resident survior

--------------------

I email the guy, asking if he'd sell them individually, and if so, how much since he's asking $25 for the bundle. Also, since he writes "all over", I ask if he'll deliver, because how the fuck am I supposed to interpret "all over"?

He replies back (this is his literal response):

"dude all discs are in great shape and thats 25 each and i live in long beach"

:hot::bomb: Yeah okay, $25 each...

Ad #2 - 10 year old PS1 sports games, $10 each :whee:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tag/828137612.html

ORIGINAL PLAYSTATION GAMES $10 EACH - $10 (Reseda)

Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-09-05, 1:56AM PDT

These are the game for the original PLAYSTATION system. All are in their original case with the instruction booklet. $10 each.
1995 - NBA In The Zone
1996 - Fox Hunt - Interactive comedy-spy-thriller
NBA Shoot Out
NBA In The Zone 2
NBA Live 96
1997 - NBA Shoot Out '97
NBA Live 97
1998 - NBA Shoot Out 98
NBA In The Zone '98
NBA Live 98
NBA Fast Break '98
MLB Triple Play 98
1999 - MLB Triple Play
MLB 99
NBA Live 99
2000 - NBA Basketball 2000 Leave a message and I will return your call.
818-648-962:drool: 818-705-459:whistle2:#

[quote name='karkyco']Two winner PS1 ads for me, the first:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/tag/823124504.html

play station games - $25 (all over)

driver
classic games
spider man
arcade classics
silent hill
resident evil 3 2 survivor
resident survior

--------------------

I email the guy, asking if he'd sell them individually, and if so, how much since he's asking $25 for the bundle. Also, since he writes "all over", I ask if he'll deliver, because how the fuck am I supposed to interpret "all over"?

He replies back (this is his literal response):

"dude all discs are in great shape and thats 25 each and i live in long beach"

:hot::bomb: Yeah okay, $25 each...

Ad #2 - 10 year old PS1 sports games, $10 each :whee:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tag/828137612.html

ORIGINAL PLAYSTATION GAMES $10 EACH - $10 (Reseda)

Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-09-05, 1:56AM PDT

These are the game for the original PLAYSTATION system. All are in their original case with the instruction booklet. $10 each.
1995 - NBA In The Zone
1996 - Fox Hunt - Interactive comedy-spy-thriller
NBA Shoot Out
NBA In The Zone 2
NBA Live 96
1997 - NBA Shoot Out '97
NBA Live 97
1998 - NBA Shoot Out 98
NBA In The Zone '98
NBA Live 98
NBA Fast Break '98
MLB Triple Play 98
1999 - MLB Triple Play
MLB 99
NBA Live 99
2000 - NBA Basketball 2000 Leave a message and I will return your call.
818-648-962:drool: 818-705-459:whistle2:#[/quote]

The highest completed auction where the item sold for the original Silent Hill on Ebay is $62, so $25 is worth it imo.

Plus, Fox Hunt from the second ad is an 8 on Digit Press' rarity guide, so I'd snap that up for $10 if I were you. I only found 2 completed auctions for it, but I believe the one auction ended at three times the IAP of that CL ad.

Hmmm, thanks Cheapest. Yeah I know Silent Hill is worth more than the $25, that's why I emailed him in the first place, to get another copy of it along with the RE games.

But at $25 a piece, only that one game out of all of them are worth it, and even then, with the cost to drive down to Long Beach along with the time wasted, meh.

Here's one - this guy is trying to sell PSP ISO's for $20 each! Man I hope Sony finds and assrapes this bastard.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tag/823150834.html

LOTS of PSP Games for SALE - $20 (Van Nuys)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-09-01, 9:57PM PDT

READ CAREFULLY!

I have PSP games I usually sell for $40.00 but now I’m selling them for $20.00 each!

Sure you could download them yourself if you wanted to, but why wait 3 days or more and go through all the anticipation anxiety. You can get them from me all ready backed-up on a DVD and PLAY NOW!

These are not the actual UMD disk. They are the ISO/CSO files that you put on your memory stick.

THINGS YOU MUST HAVE ALREADY!!!
1. Custom Firmware of 3.51 and up
2. At least a 2 gig memory stick
3. 1 UMD game

Here is a list of what I have:

God of War Chains of Olympus
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Lost Colors [Japanese]
Sonic Rivals 2
Silent Hill Origins
Spiderman 3
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Traxxpad
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
300: March to Glory
Fight Night Round 3
Transformers-The Game
Lord of The Rings Tactics
Rengoku-The Tower of Pergatory
Marvel Nemesis Rise of the Imperfects
Armored Core
007 From Russia With Love
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2 The Phantom Fortress
Coded Arms Contagion
Madden NFL 09
Need For Speed Underground Rivals
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus
Star Wars Lethal Alliance
Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony
Pimp My Ride
Gangs of London
Astonisha Story
Bounty Hounds

Also I can convert ANY Playstation 1 game and make it playable for your PSP. For only $10.00 per game!!!

Playstation Games I have already converted are:

Resident Evil Director’s Cut
Crash Bandicoot
Final Fantasy Chronicles I & II
Final Fantasy VI
Twisted Metal 4

Any interests? Got questions? Email me

I don't have that much of a problem with high asking prices, but I really get pissed off if they say "cheap, great deal, this will go fast act now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111".

Or when selling a copy of like, Prey, they'll say "these go for $60 in stores, only asking $45!!!".

Last edited by a moderator:
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/829288084.html

Assassin's Creed.................................$35
Mass Effect.........................................$35
Gears of war........................................$30
Forza2 / Marvel Alliance................... $25
Rainbow Six Vegas.............................$20
Raindow Six Vegas 2..........................$35
Need for Speed: Pro Street................$35
Big Bumpin' (rare party game)...........$50 :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:
Vurtua Fighter 5..................................$35
GRID...................................................$40
Project Gothem Racing ......................$10
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare........$40
Halo 3...................................................$40

I got a response:

hehe, yeah. Big Bumpin' cost $10 + tax at participating Burger Kings. However, only a limited copies were made. Those participating BBkings were only given 200 games. 50 of each title. meaning, less then 10,000 copies were made of each title. I owned all 4. Big bumpin was the only one that acted like an actual video game. good for party play. I sold the other 3 titles for .50 cents. Big Bumpin I kept. I did notice that my locale GameStop and EBgames did not carry these titles (used). You can only get BBking games over the net it seems these days. Anyway, to the point; it is a rare game. I'm not exactly sure if I want to part with it yet, hence the high price tag. my opinion is, is that it is worth more then the given price tag originally displayed at BBkings. and it's worth $50 to me :)

I'm not forcing anyone to buy it. But if someone wants to pay what I ask for, I'll not ask any questions.
Think of it though, Xbox and PlayStation are limited in "party" games. seems the Wii only offers such titles for familys.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, thanks Cheapest. Yeah I know Silent Hill is worth more than the $25, that's why I emailed him in the first place, to get another copy of it along with the RE games.

But at $25 a piece, only that one game out of all of them are worth it, and even then, with the cost to drive down to Long Beach along with the time wasted, meh.

Here's one - this guy is trying to sell PSP ISO's for $20 each! Man I hope Sony finds and assrapes this bastard.
[/quote]

I got a post in OC that I want the local police department to look at. Some fuckwit is trying to sell copied 360 games, and his ad is fairly blatant. This guy clearly deserves to go to jail (and receive some very special correspondence from Microsoft and other publishers). Any suggestions? I already have:

a phone number
e-mail address
copies of the post (which is still up as of 9/5/2008)
and I also have a mugshot of the asstard courtesy of his myspace.

[quote name='edavis0780']I got a post in OC that I want the local police department to look at. Some fuckwit is trying to sell copied 360 games, and his ad is fairly blatant. This guy clearly deserves to go to jail (and receive some very special correspondence from Microsoft and other publishers). Any suggestions? I already have:

a phone number
e-mail address
and I also have a mugshot of the asstard courtesy of his myspace.[/QUOTE]

Don't waste your time, they won't send him to jail.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/ele/829915038.html
Xbox 360 with ethernet cord and Component HD AV Cable cord
7-Games: Call of Duty 4,NBA 2K7,Lost Planet,Guitar Hero 3,Virtual Tennis 3,Halo 3,and Madden 08.
Wireless Internet adaptor
Xbox Live
Microsoft Headset
Wireless Guitar for Guitar Hero 3
Wireless Controller and a standard controller
* One Year Warrenty still in effect till December 2008

What a deal for $849. :roll:

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/ele/830697751.html

I have the HD-DVD X-Box 360 Add-On as well as lots of HD-DVD's. Originally paid $200 just for the player, and $40 for each HD-DVD.

Movies include:

Anchorman
Chuck & Larry
Disturbia
Corpse Bride
Transformers
Knocked Up
Four Brothers
Constantine
Blood Diamond
Blades of Glory
Batman Begins
plus others....

$200 for a used hd-dvd addon, five titles he got for free and a half dozen or so more. You know that the "plus others" includes King Kong. I actually wrote this guy and laid out the prices new for HD-DVDs as well as the drive and told him if he didn't get what he was asking, perhaps we could work something out. He hasn't replied. :lol:

So the "dude" who was asking $25 per PS1 game replied back to me saying "don't be a dick".

WTF? How was I a dick for pointing out that his prices are ridiculous?

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]----- My Original Message ----

DIV {MARGIN:0px;}
$25 each for 10-12 year old Playstation One games that sell for a couple to a few bucks a piece at used video game stores? I can get tons of used, complete and in great shape PS2 games for under $5 and $10 each, hell I can get lots of PS3 games used for under $25. Are your games sealed or something?

-------Dumbshit's Response-------
Dig NIt Landscaping [[email protected]] said:​
[/FONT]

dude dont be a dick it is what it is so see you later

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[quote name='edavis0780']I got a post in OC that I want the local police department to look at. Some fuckwit is trying to sell copied 360 games, and his ad is fairly blatant. This guy clearly deserves to go to jail (and receive some very special correspondence from Microsoft and other publishers). Any suggestions? I already have:

a phone number
e-mail address
and I also have a mugshot of the asstard courtesy of his myspace.[/quote]

Forget the police, forward all the information to Microsoft's legal department. I'm sure you can quickly google or search Microsoft's site to find the correct email/phone number/contact info to send it to.

That's what I did for the Sony asshole (though I have some friends who are pretty high up the food chain there - I just forwarded the info to them directly).

[quote name='karkyco']Forget the police, forward all the information to Microsoft's legal department. I'm sure you can quickly google or search Microsoft's site to find the correct email/phone number/contact info to send it to.

That's what I did for the Sony asshole (though I have some friends who are pretty high up the food chain there - I just forwarded the info to them directly).[/QUOTE]

does that actually do any good? Tons of people are selling psp iso and back up xbox 360 games

It does no good. If it did, you wouldn't see dozens up posts for people offering PSP Isos, copies 360 games etc. littered on CL right now. MS/Nintendo/Sony tend to go after the big people, selling hundreds of thousands of discs, not some guy sell a handful.

Cops will just laugh at you. Walking through L.A. there is someone on every corner selling burned DVDs yet no one cares.

[quote name='GizmoGC']It does no good. If it did, you wouldn't see dozens up posts for people offering PSP Isos, copies 360 games etc. littered on CL right now. MS/Nintendo/Sony tend to go after the big people, selling hundreds of thousands of discs, not some guy sell a handful.

Cops will just laugh at you. Walking through L.A. there is someone on every corner selling burned DVDs yet no one cares.[/quote]

Actually the MPAA among other trade groups including game and software groups, is working agressively with local and state/federal law enforcement on a couple of task forces to go after these guys.

The bootlegger/counterfeiter sellers in LA, say down Santee Alley or on craigslist, are now getting targeted by these task forces. Also, various 'undercover' civilians are going around working for various companies, buying bootleg merchandise, then reporting the individuals to the corporations.

They sweat the small and medium fish to give up the big fish, often in southeast Asia/Russia. There was an interesting article on it (mainly from the persective of the clothing industry - jean counterfeiters) in the LA Times this past weekend.

The point I'm trying to make is that when all of the information is present (posting ID, e-mail address, phone number, etc.) along with the intent to sell, these people would have no chance in court. It's not like the RIAA's lawsuits which are based on IP addresses (including people who wardrive). Speaking personally, I really don't care if someone wants to play copied games or not. However, trying to run a business off the sweat of someone else's work is plain crass. I'd probably take it to someone if they took my copyrighted work and peddled it without my permission.

Most of the people posting on my local craigslist probably run the entire operation (there are no "big fish"). It's not that hard to buy a dual-layer DVD burner and some dual-layer DVD-RWs.

bread's done
Back