Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

http://tucson.craigslist.org/tag/852944990.html

Xbox 360. Doesnt Read Disk. No Waranty On It.. Bad Outer Look. - $100 (Enchanted Hills)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-09-23, 9:14PM MST

Hello if your looking at this, Im 13 so, well theres no qulaty writin
Self - Spray Painted Cover ( Black ), Does'nt Play Disk ( NOTE... if you have LIVE You can play DEMOS )
look its also Very Ugly lookin
YES THERE IS A COVER
Look at the pic. XD

http://lacrosse.craigslist.org/tag/853037238.html

Highlights:
This system has a new 72 pin connector but still works like a regular Nintendo--- does that mean that if you put in a 64 pin connector it would work like a N64?

I'm guessing because of the games even after cleaning, none the less the system works good
---is this a riddle?

The price is 100.00 whisch is a pretty fare price---as long as you say so.

I feel this is a fairly obvious question, but I can't look at one of those listings without wondering if the person honestly doesn't know what it's worth, or if they're just trying to rip somebody off.

Yea, I know. Duh.

I thought this was really funny rather then stupid, but it's not a CL find so I posted it here:
http://iowacity.craigslist.org/ele/854321918.html

Hello there! After years of research, I completed what I believe is one of the most functional and bug-free time machines to be built. I completed it in early 1997, and it was functional up until sometime in 2003. I have not had the time or resources to repair it, so I am willing to sell it to a serious buyer. As this is a rare item, I am not quite sure what to charge for it, though it was years in the making and thousands of dollars in materials. I will consider all reasonable offers. Contact me at (319) 389- :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Then this listing showed up after the last one:

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/ele/855127660.html
I already bought it and got it working. What you don't realize is that I just came back sooner and returned it to you. If you simply flip the capacitor over, toggle the doo-hicky on the left and plug it in it will work.

If I leave before I get back, keep me here so I don't misplace myself.

[quote name='kewlrabbit']I thought this was really funny rather then stupid, but it's not a CL find so I posted it here:
http://iowacity.craigslist.org/ele/854321918.html

Hello there! After years of research, I completed what I believe is one of the most functional and bug-free time machines to be built. I completed it in early 1997, and it was functional up until sometime in 2003. I have not had the time or resources to repair it, so I am willing to sell it to a serious buyer. As this is a rare item, I am not quite sure what to charge for it, though it was years in the making and thousands of dollars in materials. I will consider all reasonable offers. Contact me at (319) 389- :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Then this listing showed up after the last one:

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/ele/855127660.html
I already bought it and got it working. What you don't realize is that I just came back sooner and returned it to you. If you simply flip the capacitor over, toggle the doo-hicky on the left and plug it in it will work.

If I leave before I get back, keep me here so I don't misplace myself.[/quote]

Second your opinion

that is great, and it needs to be saved in the internet archives forever!

Play Station 2 w/ 2 controllers and Grand Theft Auto - $65

Sony Play Station 2 in good condition. In addition, there's also 2 PS2 controllers with 1 being dual schock.... AND Grand Theft Auto 3!!! The game alone used would retail for $20. Still plays games really well and can be used as a DVD player. Great Deal!!

So I find an ad on Craigslist which offered a Nintendo Wii, Guitar Hero 3, Tiger Woods 08, Wii Sports & Wii Play. Also some of those shitty add on fake rackets/bats/clubs for Wii Sports. He wanted 200 bucks for it all, so I figured I'd call him. He said everything was in perfect condition, barely played, some of the discs had some scratches on them so he wasn't sure if they'd play or not that's why the price was so low. Oh well, whatever, if the Wii is in perfect shape then it doesn't matter because I can just turn around a make a decent profit off it it all anyway if I hold it until Christmas time. We agree to meet midways, but still turns out to be a 40 mile drive for both of us.

And yes, I know this isn't the bragging thread. Keep reading.

So I get there at the designated rendezvous point, Hooters, he chose it...not me. I notice first and foremost that he's a bit, trashy looking, but didn't think much of it. Until he pulls out this:

2890514043_2c6ed9156b.jpg

Full Version: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27444496@N05/2890514043/sizes/l/

(Please excuse the crappy cell phone picture, it's all I took, I didn't feel like taking another)

I was so taken aback by this, not to mention that the picture actually does this justice, it looks much worse in real life. Either way, I've seen dirty systems before, and he said that all it needed was some wiping down and usually that's exactly the case. He then bitched about how he told his wife to "do one damn thing and she can't even fucking do that, I told her to wipe this off today and all she did was watch fucking TV".

Not surprised.

Anyway, I told him I wasn't paying 200 for it if I had to clean it myself, and I offered 160.00 figuring that would make it worth my time to clean it. We agree, I take the garbage, and leave. As I'm leaving, I realized he had a small ulterior motive for meeting me where he did because, sure enough, he went into Hooters.

So I get home with full intentions of cleaning this thing, so I take it inside, and then I smell it. It's rancid. I pull the system out of the box and as I do I hear it rattling, so first off the bat I think it's broken...but I was wrong.

It's chock full of dead roaches, roach feces, roach shells, roach legs, even some live roaches.

That's why it stunk so bad. Well, I spend 160.00 on this so I can't let it go to waste, I suck it up, take it to the sink, clean it, scrub it, shake it...shake it...shake it...and after about an hour of shaking, I'm still getting shit out of it and still can hear the rattling inside. So I give that up and eventually just decide to clean the components. There were roach, everything, inside the moldy Wii Console Stand, Sensor Bar, and the contacts to everything that plugged into the system all had roach particles on it as well.

I get through cleaning all of that up, which didn't come out TOO bad, but still pretty bad shape nonetheless. I decide to plug it up and make sure it powers up, which it did, and then I head back to the system to try and clean some more. I eventually give up, wrap it in Saran wrap, throw it in the freezer to kill any bugs inside of it, and call my friend who's not nearly as squeemish as I am and ask him if he want's my roach infested Wii for 100 bucks and he jumps at the offer. Thank God, because I couldn't take any more of it.

I realize now I probably should have made a new thread for this.

[quote name='david12795']wow...

im surprised you didn't spot any roaches the minute you got it.[/QUOTE]

I personally am myself, it was a busy parking lot so I didn't hear the rattling. It didn't necessarily have roaches crawling out of it or anything, even though I shook a couple out, so I just thought it was dirty.

And I would have used a Ziplock bag if I had one, but I didn't, so instead I just triple layer wrapped it in Saran Wrap.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I personally am myself, it was a busy parking lot so I didn't hear the rattling. It didn't necessarily have roaches crawling out of it or anything, even though I shook a couple out, so I just thought it was dirty.

And I would have used a Ziplock bag if I had one, but I didn't, so instead I just triple layer wrapped it in Saran Wrap.[/quote]

still a good deal for a wii though, even if it was extremely dirty xD.

the infested cockroaches you mentioned did sound like this one show on dirty jobs where this exterminator guy had to kill all the infested roaches in people's houses. there were roach feces, dead roaches, etc. wonder if that happened to the seller. :rofl:

http://tucson.craigslist.org/emd/857471605.html

free CDs, software,DVDs - $35 (east tucson)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-09-27, 11:18AM MST

i can teach you how to get free music, movies, games, software, and more. no surveys or stupid trials....in fact you don't even have to sign up for anything. i will even come to your home and get you started. all you need is a computer and internet. i just charge for the information and time. a small price to pay that will save you hundreds in the long run.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 857471605

http://worcester.craigslist.org/adg/855958925.html not game related but hilarious nonetheless

I haven't had sex, need the help of a real woman (worcester)

Reply to: gigs-8559:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:5@craigslist.:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: [?]
Date: 2008-09-26, 10:58AM EDT

I'm too old to not have had sex yet. This isn't a problem I can fix on my own. I'm looking for a woman to help me, someone understanding. If you think you can help send me an e-mail.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: no pay
PostingID: 855958925

http://nh.craigslist.org/ele/856757374.html

!!! 2 games boys with games cheap!!!!!! - $85 (milford nh)

hi i have 2 gamesboys both work really well.
comes with a gameboy advanced sp carring case that is big and can fit every thing in

i have a gameboyadvanced sp that blue and it charges on the wall

and i have a gameboy color that teal/green (batteries)

games for the *gameboy color*
1. mat hoffmans pro bmx
2, supermario bros.
3. construction zone
4. tech deck

games for the * game boy sp *
1. all the ones for the gameboy color and
2. cartoon netwrok vidio
3. block party vidio
4 need for speed

every thing works great the gameboy sp come with the origanal box and directions

Grr, not neccessarily stupidity but some guy just sold Dragon Warrior VII, FFVII and VIII for a grand total of...3 bucks. He didn't post the list online but when I emailed him about his gamelist he sent it to me and I was pouncing on those three and then got another email back saying he was sorry btu just sold them....

Hopefully one of you CAG's scored this...I'm jealous and pouting now. :(

[quote name='SlammedNiss']This is the kind of crap that shows up on my Craigslist. It's the RARE HD Gamecube.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/ele/843226570.html[/quote]

I saw that and was going to post it but figured I'd check first. I really want to email the guy about it but chose not too. HD Gamecube for $300, I'd probably just write hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha repeating forever. In fact, I might do that now....

[quote name='NoobHammer']Grr, not neccessarily stupidity but some guy just sold Dragon Warrior VII, FFVII and VIII for a grand total of...3 bucks. He didn't post the list online but when I emailed him about his gamelist he sent it to me and I was pouncing on those three and then got another email back saying he was sorry btu just sold them....

Hopefully one of you CAG's scored this...I'm jealous and pouting now. :([/quote]
This wasn't in Indiana, was it? I just e-mailed a guy who said he had 14 PS1 games at a dollar a piece, or $10 for the lot. He said to e-mail for a list, so I certainly hope it's not the same guy. :???:

No, it was in Madison, WI. I think I'm addicted to Craigslist, I'm looking where I go to school, where my parents live, and where my girlfriend goes to school; all for deals on video games...I think I need help...

[quote name='Filler2001']http://worcester.craigslist.org/adg/855958925.html not game related but hilarious nonetheless

I haven't had sex, need the help of a real woman (worcester)

Reply to: gigs-8559:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:5@craigslist.:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: [?]
Date: 2008-09-26, 10:58AM EDT

I'm too old to not have had sex yet. This isn't a problem I can fix on my own. I'm looking for a woman to help me, someone understanding. If you think you can help send me an e-mail.

• Compensation: no pay
PostingID: 855958925[/QUOTE]

Flagged it as best of Craigslist.

[quote name='Zarathos']http://longisland.craigslist.org/tag/842800899.html

Final Fantasy VII for the Sony PlayStation. Brand new & Factory sealed, collector's item. Greatest Hits version with the green tag. Do not miss out on this opportunity to own an extremely hard to find game in this condition. Asking $280 or best offer. Please email any questions to [email protected], serious buyers only.[/QUOTE]

I saw this months ago.His first posting was priced at $500 I believe and over the months hes lowered it slightly each time.

[quote name='NoobHammer']Grr, not neccessarily stupidity but some guy just sold Dragon Warrior VII, FFVII and VIII for a grand total of...3 bucks. He didn't post the list online but when I emailed him about his gamelist he sent it to me and I was pouncing on those three and then got another email back saying he was sorry btu just sold them....

Hopefully one of you CAG's scored this...I'm jealous and pouting now. :([/quote]

Don't feel bad - could be some jerkoff fucking with you.

[quote name='wolfpackgamer']http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tag/805472482.html

Asshole thinks he has the ps2 version.[/quote]

Well, if he thought he had the ps2 version, he wouldnt have listed for 60. 60 for the xbox version isnt that bad, I mean, thats what GS sells for but the ad mentions a complete copy with case and manual. Ebay prices are around 50 shipped, so again, if you can fight him a little for the price, but I bet you someone out there might actually bite for it at that price.

This item is for use with Nintendo 64 gaming system.

Can be used with driving games instead of handheld controller.

Is in great shape and works!

No extra cables or plugs needed, it's ready to go.

Call 503.515.8164 with questions

Keywords: playstation, video games, x box, xbox, mario kart, driving games

11712a1geZZZZZZZZZ8a216240f68b8cf1df2.jpg

Must be a mom or dad that thinks the steering wheel controller is "the thing" and it takes up so much space too! Also, I hate people who add keywords to their listing that are totally unrelated. Unless this N64 steering wheel controller also works with playstation I guess?

http://greenville.craigslist.org/emd/864204387.html

Like what's playing in theaters and want to see it now? Call me. I have it the day it releases and sometimes before its even in theaters. I can take requests and I also have a "special" adults only stash. Prices are $5 for one and $20 for five. All movies are excellent quality. So email back or call James at (864)205-2618.

How fucking smart do you have to be to post online "I pirate movies, here's my name and number". Jesus Christ!

Also, if I liked what's playing in theaters, I'd go pay 7.00 to see it instead of paying 5.00 to see a camcorder recording of it on dvd.

[quote name='Cmosfm']http://greenville.craigslist.org/emd/864204387.html

Like what's playing in theaters and want to see it now? Call me. I have it the day it releases and sometimes before its even in theaters. I can take requests and I also have a "special" adults only stash. Prices are $5 for one and $20 for five. All movies are excellent quality. So email back or call James at (864)205-2618.

How fucking smart do you have to be to post online "I pirate movies, here's my name and number". Jesus Christ!

Also, if I liked what's playing in theaters, I'd go pay 7.00 to see it instead of paying 5.00 to see a camcorder recording of it on dvd.[/quote]

I like to send this kind of information to the local police station (nearest to the poster). They're technically suppose to assign a detective to the case, because NO piracy is not legal. I'm not reporting modders, but as soon as the "50 games for $xx.xx" or I have "So and so titles" show up; welcome to my shit list.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']dont flag, so then the feds can catch and get him busted[/quote]

Its doesn't matter if the post gets flagged. The Post ID needs to be recorded (copy and paste the entire page to Word along with the url). Not only that, but using a dummy gmail account to prove intent also helps to incriminate these nimrods.

Note: I might be onto something big at the moment involving the sale of DS carts loaded with a large number of games between two states. It sounds like this guy is pretty serious about business. I think this might have the potential to really attract law enforcement, because I think this guy might be a little higher than your average garage based modder/burner.

bread's done
Back