Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/1061802311.html
street fighter 4 - $10 (clifton nj)

Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-05, 2:56PM EST

got it as a gift and not in to it. Frist come frist serve.
862 823 0876 Hamza

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1061802311

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/1061855384.html

Selling NES Ultra Rare. Can't buy in stores + 10 games - $300 (Paterson)

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-05, 3:28PM EST

I have a NES that works with all wires + 2 controllers/
I have 10 games that come with it.

Games and system are EXTREMELY RARE. You cannot find these anymore.Local pickup only, no shipping

Price is FIRM

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1061855384

The Street Fighter 4 for $10 just sounds like a good deal. I don't see what's so stupid about it.

2 Brand New Nintendo DS Games - $100 (Portland)

Date: 2009-03-05, 12:24PM PST

Hi, my name is Crystal and I have 2 brand new DS games still in their packages for sale. I had a DS, but it was stolen and can't afford a new one at the moment. The games are called.....

1. Quest Trio
This is a game kind of like bejeweled where you match up jewels till you clear the level and it has two other games on it you can play as well. Very addictive. Lol

2. Crosswords
This crossword game allows you to use your stylus pen to write in the answers and its pretty straight forward.

I bought these games for $50.00 each brand new and just want to get my money's worth if I can. I also have an extra charger and a cute Littlest Pet Shop Stylus pen for free.

I feel bad for Crystal, buying these two games for $50 each. :-({|=

well this is a sony psp in great condition the only thing wrong with it is that it is missing the anolog thumb but the piece is only 10 cents lol and you just pop it on never had time to do it. It comes with a half gig memory card and three games. tiger woods 08, need for speed carbon city and madden 07 all have there original cases. I am looking for at least $130 and im interested in trades. please no nav systems or 1 2 or 3 generation ipods unless you are going to add cash

Wow, nice one masaai.

Here's a factory sealed Hogan's Alley for all you sealed game collectors out there. "Another one sold on eBay for $1,500". THEN SELL YOURS ON EBAY, MOTHER F:whistle2:#CKER!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/clt/1062145059.html

NES Hogan's Alley Factory H-Seam Nintendo Sealed - $1200

Reply to: Date: 2009-03-05, 3:44PM PST

The pictures ARE of the actual item being sold!

This is an Amazing, Factory Sealed, Vintage Nintendo (NES) Video Game in Original, Sealed Plastic, with the horizontal seam - Brand New!

This game will make a great addition to any collection.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me or contact me at
(626) 241-4733
- my name is Anthony Douchebag

A Few weeks ago this game sold on ebay for 1,500. (I will take 1,200 Firm)

-----------------------------------------------

Four Original NES Games, complete with boxes, $300!!! "Please do not flag me!" LOL!!!

TRADE:GREAT ITEMS for a small automatic car - $900 (Burbank/Glendale)

Reply to:
Date: 2009-03-04, 2:50PM PST

I have:
**PLEASE DONT FLAG ME THIS IS A REAL AD**

Emporio Armani watch used a few times, with box and all papers, real nice watch for men $150
Geneve watch for men, with black leather straps, almost new, in box but not the original box $75
ATT cellphone Blackjack, real nice and clean, with charger, smart phone, 3g.........................$100
Play Station 2 with some games, and a controller, memory card, works real well....................$100
ORIGINAL mario games for Nintendo, in the box but not seal,MARIO,MARIO 2, DISNEYS
DUCK TALES, DISNEYS CHIP N' DALE, all four in original boxes,COLLECTIBLES all for $300
1 Small Japanese erotic art, real nice small chip by one foot but I have the piece its about 2" Ivory $200

I am looking for a automatic car, V4, V6, V8, Toyota,honda,ford,chevy,nissan, any car I would consider, if it runs,
does not need any mechanical work or little, No major hits,scratches or faded paint Ok. just need it to run good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everybody! Check out ebay! Don't let this one get away, BIN!!!! Only $225 for 9 shitty (and 2 good) 360 games!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/tag/1062707138.html

XBOX 360 LOT OF GAMES - $225 (Reston)

Date: 2009-03-06, 9:22AM EST

XBOX 360 LOT...............$225 OR BEST OFFER.. 11 TITLES ($20EA) CASH ONLY!! WILL MEET (RESTON TOWN CENTER,HERNDON,STERLING,LEESBURG,MANASSAS,CHANTILLY ETC.) Ebay Item number: 160319968606

CALL OF DUTY 4 MODERN WARFARE
FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3
MADDEN 06
NBA 2K6
THE OUTFIT
RAINBOW SIX VEGAS
STAR TREK LEGACY
STAR WARS THE FORCE UNLEASHED
TIGER WOODS 06
MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE
X-MEN 3 THE OFFICIAL GAME

Maybe if this person listed only Rainbow Six & Call of Duty, he could squeeze $40...the rest are pure dog shit.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/tag/1062880932.html

SNES Super Nintendo Entertainment System - $40 (Broadway)
Date: 2009-03-06, 9:05AM MST

Here i have for sale is a mini SNES gaming system. Comes complete with everything you need to start playing the retro console. Though almost 20 years of age this masterpiece will still bring you hours upon hours of great gaming. Comes with the SNES, 1 controller, the power/RF cables and one great game, Super Mario Bros. 3. You can reach me via email provided by Craigslist or send to [email protected]. Also i am available by cell phone at 5203023577. I also have an original Nintendo Gameboy that works great. Thanks for your time,
-Ryan

Notice what's wrong with this?

[quote name='panamared']Has anyone else on here noticing craigslist has gotten so ridiculous it's not even worth the time looking for purchases?[/quote]
FWIWW, I bought the Simpsons Trivia game for $5 from someone just a few days ago. First thing I've successfully bought from CL. But for every one good thing about CL there are a MILLION scams and other crap.

Wow, that will blind many people. If he was my son, I would be shame to bear him as my own son. And no, I'm not 21 yet! Well, soon. o_O;

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']can anyone actually understand this mumbo jumbo talk? this guy needs a good ass kicking!

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ele/1062374425.html

-

omg! RARE PS3!!!!

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/ele/1063318218.html

-

He used GAMESTOP for his pricing? Oh wait, you just looked for the highest pricing business you could find huh! Idiot.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ele/1062534266.html[/quote]

It's a crap shoot of all different characters. Flakes, idiots, crack heads looking for a quick buck, Nigerian scammers, african princes looking to share their dead relatives spending money with you (bank scam), as well as hookers, rapists, pedophiles and more! All CAG members excluded of course :) and 4% decent folk.

Wanna know who's really interested in that super nintendo of yours? check out the personals section. They get as far as my driveway. ;)

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']FWIWW, I bought the Simpsons Trivia game for $5 from someone just a few days ago. First thing I've successfully bought from CL. But for every one good thing about CL there are a MILLION scams and other crap.[/quote]

Agreed. I've found a couple of gems but it's absolutely laughable that some people think they can pull a fast one. I mean PS3s for almost retail? Backup games? Modding services? I think I could get better deals out of the hookers...

Not gaming related but odd time waster http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ele/1063960334.html

iPhone, may be haunted, definitely broken (Bethesda)
Date: 2009-03-06, 11:55PM EST

My mom got me an iPhone when they first came out, but she configured it so that she could watch what I was doing with the camera. It was kind of slow, because it was before they had 3G capabilities, but it was cool in the day. Anyway, mom died last month and I swear she's still watching me. I smashed it with a hammer, but I think she can still see me, so I'd like to get rid of it. I'm not sure if it works anymore because I'll only look at it in a mirror (that's another long story) but the sounds it makes are kind of raspy, like a kitten eating a chipmunk.

Any serious offer will be considered.

Okay! Okay!!! Simmer down, class!!! We know that Wii Fever is over!!! And we know that Wii Fit is 1 0NE 10-9 games, not 45 games. So, for your entertainment, is a wii clone (that's right, not even a real Wii, overpriced to the gills!!!)

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/1064088888.html

539-8319 CALL OR TEXT ANYTIME

THIS IS A Wii CLONE BUT WORKS BETTER THEN THE ORG. PLUS COMES WITH 152 GAMES AND ALL THE WIRELESS ACCS. THE NINTENDO Wii HAS.

DO THE MATH-
GAME SYSTEM-$250
152 GAMES- $30-$60 PER GAME
WIRELESS ACCS.- $600

fuck

This is a response post to this guy who constantly lists his Nintendo 64 Bundles (among other things) on CL for ridiculous prices. It's not like it's junk stuff but it's not nearly worth what he says. This post made my morning.

http://madison.craigslist.org/ele/1064331906.html

An Open Letter to Friendship, WI Video Game Seller - Some Free Advice (WE GET IT - You Suffer From Postalotitis)
Reply to: xxxx
Date: 2009-03-07, 10:07AM CST

Dear Friendship, WI Video Game Seller!

Craigslist is not a business website. It is a community website that allows people to post various items they have around their house or business in which they want to sell. I understand you want to sell your video game items! How do I know this? Because every time I look for stuff I see your 200 postings! They are in the "Games and Toys" section, the "Electronics" section and the "Barter" section. The reason you are not selling your items are two fold. Number one, you are asking too much money for old video game items and number two, you are asking too much money for your old video game items. Yes I did repeat myself, just like your postings...Ironic huh?

Recommendations:
1 - Keep the postings to a minimum. Maybe one posting per week. If you post too much people, such as myself, write stupid letters to people like you.
2 - Price your items reasonably. If you think they are worth so much, list them on Ebay. People on craigslist are looking for reasonable prices for used goods.
3 - Open an Amazon.com account. You can list items there too. It's much more of commerce site like Ebay.com!

As a business owner and Ebay Power seller, I too used to post things on craigslist as a means sell items. I also had postalotitis and believed people wanted me to post things for a profit. POSTALOTITIS is a rare disorder which causes people to list the same items over and over and over again. It's related OCD. After a while my listing were flagged and people e-mailed me hate mail. I offer this as advice because I know it can be overcome with a little common sense, which I have learned is not very common, and the urge to resist the relist. So go forth and dream bigger and better dreams. There is a huge world out there on the internet, I know you can step out of the craigslist comfort zone!

Best of Luck and please, stop posting the same stuff all the freaking time!

Rochester has a postalotitis infection today, along with "IMUSTUSECAPSITIS!"

Anyone wanna come to my tag section (rochester.craigslist.org/tag) and throw a flagging party? Just leave the one about overposting if you see it, that's mine (and hopefully they'll see it when it's all that's left....)

Here's what it looked like right now (top one is me)

craigs3-7-1.jpg

[quote name='XeroKaizoku']Agreed. I've found a couple of gems but it's absolutely laughable that some people think they can pull a fast one. I mean PS3s for almost retail? Backup games? Modding services? I think I could get better deals out of the hookers...[/quote]
Don't forget the fake ads people put up with other people's numbers.
It happens a lot by me. People would post "Elite for $130, I need money now, or I hate it so I am selling it for $75(even though I paid 400), Call me any time --- --- ---- "
It gets annoying.

Oh and I do see a lot of people trying to sell psp/ds backup game sets for $100+. That's annoying also.

[quote name='pfp']Rochester has a postalotitis infection today, along with "IMUSTUSECAPSITIS!"

Anyone wanna come to my tag section (rochester.craigslist.org/tag) and throw a flagging party? Just leave the one about overposting if you see it, that's mine (and hopefully they'll see it when it's all that's left....)

Here's what it looked like right now (top one is me)

craigs3-7-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I know that CL won't tell you how many flags it takes, but I just flagged a bunch of them for you.

:)

So this person gave this sob story warning people, as if the rest of us didn't know already.

"I've been using paypal for 10 years and working on computers and this was really convincing......" -

IF IT INCLUDES THE WORD "NIGERIA", IT SHOULDN'T BE CONVINCING!

reminds me of people who call me at work (tech support) and say "I'm a software technician" yet don't know what their system tray is......just..you sounded less dumb before you opened your mouth.

I was scammed **please read & pass on knowledge** (rochester)

I was recently selling a blackberry on craigslist and i received an email from someone who wanted the item shipped, which i would rather not do, but i decided to anyways. the seller needed the item shipped to nigeria for her 'cousin' and had faked a payment through official-looking paypal emails

[email protected] [email protected]

these were the emails being used by the scammer. please dont fall for this like i stupidly did. i have been using paypal for over 10 years and i work on computers for a living, to get an idea of how convincing this person was. when i fell suspicious, the buyer asked me to wire money to nigeria for an 'overage' in the payment. if this has happenned to you, or currently see anything, please email me and let me know, we can talk, or try to build a case to get this person prosecuted, or at least get the message out. I have contacted the secret service and DA as well as paypal and made sure my credit is ok.
here is an article about some of the scams in use http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8171053/

This guy has been posting this like every day for over a month and a half. He brought the price down gradually from his starting price of $300. At least the Fan is brand new!!

Acer Aspire 5000 (Cheapist you'll find!) - $180 (Bergen county)

Date: 2009-03-08, 3:08PM EDT

This is a laptop that i have bought two years ago. I bought it for $400

It all started when The fan stopped working so it would turn off randomly, so i replaced the fan and it cost me 150$. So the Fan is Brand New! then the J button broke off but it works still So you wont really have a problem with that. Just press on it and it'll work. You can always replace it for cheap. but then the the ac adapter in the laptop stopped working, I bought many chargers and i had to hold it in a certain way for it to work, but then it just stopped working all together and i was told i would have to fix it. I don't have the time or money to fix it. My loss your gain. I believe it had vista on the laptop, you may have to wipe the hard drive and the button where you click the paint is wearing off from use. All it is, is that the Charging port is broken.But, Fix the charging port and it will work as good as new. And the J button still works. Just press on it a little harder and it'll work fine.

(dosn't come with charger)
This is a Acer Aspire 5000
100gb Hardrive

1gb ram

Has a Microphone

Good Condition

wow gotta love this guy
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/1066449008.html
Wanted: Free Laptop. I will pick Up (NJ)

Date: 2009-03-08, 10:42PM EDT

IF YOU HAVE A LOPTOP U DONT WANT ANYMORE I WILL TAKE IT OFF YOUR HANDS FREE
I CAN PICK UP, OR I WILL GIVE YOU $3-$5 TO DELIVER IT
NO PIECES OF CRAP!!!!!!!
MUST WORK NO BROKEN 1!!!!!!!
NO MARKS OR DISCOLORATION ON SCRENN!!!!!
MUST HAVE HARD DRIVE!!!!
THE MORE RAM THE BETTER
VISTA OR XP ONLY!!!!! NONE OF THAT LINUX CRAP
THANKS EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ONE

PostingID: 1066449008

Edit: Oh and this. Not sure if good or not since it is a hell of a lot of stuff, but I don't think he will sell it on craigslist as a bundle

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/tag/1066220638.html

Date: 2009-03-08, 7:37PM EDT

HUGE SONY PS3 60GB RARE + PSP + PS2 + BLURAYS + RE5!! - HOT PACKAGE!!! - $2500 (North Bergen, NJ (North) - Hudson County)

This is an amazing offer. Let me just first say that I will accept cash or paypal and I can have it either shipped out UPS Ground or have you pick it up. First the consoles. You're getting a PS3 60GB complete in box like brand new, PSP 2000 complete in box like new. I treat my entertainment center with TLC so understand that everything I am offering is in EXCELLENT LIKE NEW condition. You're getting 25 PS3 games, 16 PS2 games, 40 Bluray movies, 10 PSP games and a special PS1 set!! (read below). YOU ARE ALSO GETTING THE RESIDENT EVIL 5 COLLECTOR'S EDITION! SEE PIC BELOW I HAVE RESERVED IT AND IT IS READY TO BE PICKED UP MIDNIGHT MARCH 12TH! HOT GAME INCLUDED! Accessories: Three PS3 controllers (2 Black, 1 White), PS3 Remote Controller, PS3 EYE, HDMI cable, Digital Optical Cable. LOOK BELOW FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF GAMES INCLUDED. You can contact me either at this number: 201-334-7859 or just simply reply to this ad through email. I am located in North Bergen, NJ. Please, serious buyers only. I will take extra precaution to the buyer coming to my house, so please, no playing around Again, SERIOUS buyers only. (If you want more images, please ask but I assure you everything I wrote IS included) - Selling because I need the money to buy a car!!
======================================
PS3 60GB SYSTEM (COMPLETE)
PSP GAMES: Ultimate Ghost n' Ghouls, Final Fantasy Crisis Core (Regular), Final Fantasy Crisis Core Limited Edition (Sealed), Darkstalkers, Valkyrie Profile (Sealed), Jeanne D'arc, Disgaea, Final Fantasy Tactics, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
PSP MOVIES: Beavis & Butthead, Aeon Flux
PS1 SPECIAL SET: TALES OF DESTINY 1 AND 2 SEALED!!! (VERY RARE!!), FINAL FANTASY VII INTERNATIONAL VERSION (JAP - SEALED!), FINAL FANTASY IX (JAP - SEALED!), CYBERORG ( JAP BY SQUARESOFT - SEALED!), ROCKMAN DASH 2 (JAP - SEALED!), STREET FIGHTER EX2 PLUS (JAP - LIKE NEW),
PS2 GAMES: METAL GEAR SOLID THE ESSENTIAL COLLECTION (SEALED), VALKYRIE PROFILE 2, RESIDENT EVIL 4, RESIDENT EVIL CODE: VERONICA X, ATELIER IRIS 3 GRAND PHANTASM, METAL GEAR SOLID 3, GUILTY GEAR XX, FALLOUT BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL, RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN, KILLZONE, FINAL FANTASY XII, SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI DEVIL SUMMONER, GHOST IN THE SHELL STAND ALONE COMPLEX, NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM, PERSONA 3, HAUNTING GROUND,
PS3 GAMES: RESIDENT EVIL 5 COLLECTOR'S EDITION!, CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR, UNCHARTED DRAKE'S FORTUNE, RESISTANCE 2 COLLECTOR'S EDITION, BIOSHOCK, METAL GEAR SOLID 4, DEVIL MAY CRY 4 (SEALED), CALL OF DUTY 4 MODERN WARFARE, CALL OF DUTY 3, THE ORANGE BOX, RIDGE RACER 7, HOT SHOTS GOLF: OUT OF BOUNDS, GRAND THEFT AUTO IV, KANE & LYNCH: DEAD MEN, F.E.A.R., TURNING POINT, ARMY OF TWO, OBLIVION, LOST PLANET, BLAZING ANGELS, DISGAEA 3: ABSENCE OF JUSTICE, SOUL CALIBUR IV, FALLOUT 3, FALLOUT 3 COLLETOR'S EDITION, DEAD SPACE, GENJI DAYS OF THE BLADE
BLURAY MOVIES: SPEED RACER, HELLBOY, HELLBOY II, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, SPIDER-MAN 3, THE SIMPSONS MOVIE, FANTASTIC 4, LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA, BRAM STROKER'S DRACULA, FINAL FANTASY THE SPIRITS WITHIN, DONNIE BRASCO EXTENDED CUT, AMERICAN PSYCHO, SECRET WINDOW, FROM HELL, RESCUE DAWN, APOCALYPTO, BLACK BOOK, I AM LEGEND, DRAGON BALL Z DEAD ZONE, DRAGON BALL Z TRUNKS, DRAGON BALL Z BROLY BROLY, THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, ULTIMATE AVENGERS COLLETION, BATMAN GOTHAM KNIGHT, THE FIFTH ELEMENT, GHOST RIDER, SHINOBI- HEART UNDER BLADE, HARRY POTTER SORCERER'S STONE, HARRY POTTER GOBLET OF FIRE, HARRY POTTER CHAMBER OF SECRETS, HARRY POTTER ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN CURSE OF BLACK PEARL, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 2 DEAD MAN'S CHEST, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 3 AT WORLD'S END, THE GOLDEN COMPASS, WARRIORS OF HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM, HOUSE OF FLYING DAGGERS, RESIDENT EVIL HIGH DEFINITION TRILOGY, BAND OF BROTHERS (SEALED)
ACCESSORIES: - THREE PS3 CONTROLLERS (2 BLACK, 1 WHITE), - PS3 REMOTE CONTROLLER, - PS3 EYE, - HDMI CABLE, - DIGITAL OPTICAL CABLE

http://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/1066477651.html

ps2 and ps1 games - $20 (east tucson)

Date: 2009-03-08, 8:08PM MST

i sold my ps2 and i have some left over games that i forgot that i had. they are games that i love to play but iam not home enough to play them. i will sell the ps2 games for 20.00 bucks a piece and the ps1 games for 15.00 bucks a piece. for people who are serious about playing games i will cut you a deal and sell them all to you for 175.00 here are a list of the games. if you are serious about buying 1 or all give me a call at 520-481-6761 my name is nicole give me a call from 8am to 11pm thank you and ill be waiting to hear from someone and when they are all gone ill remove the add. PS. THE PS1 GAMES WORK IN THE PS2 JUST SO YOU KNOW THAT.

PLAYSTATION 1 GAMES
EA SPORTS TRIPLE PLAY 2001 BASEBALL RATED E FOR EVERYONE (15.00)
EA SPORTS NFL MADDEN 2001 FOOTBALL RATED E FOR EVERYONE (15.00)
ULTIMATE DEER HUNT OPEN SEASON RATED T FOR TEEN (15.00)
SKELETON WARRIORS RATED K-A FOR KIDS TO ADULTS (15.00)
IRON AND BLOOD THE DARK SIDE OF 3-D FIGHTING RATED T FOR TEEN (15.00)
GREATESTE HITS G-2 GRAN TURISMO RACING 2 DISC SPECIAL RATED E FOR EVERYONE (20.00)

PLAYSTATION 2 GAMES
EA SPORTS NCAA FOOTBALL 2003 RATED E FOR EVERYONE (20.00)
TONY HAWK'S UNDERGROUND RATED T FOR TEEN (20.00)
GREATEST HITS OO7 NIGHTFIRE RATED T FOR TEEN (20.00)
EA SPORTS NFL STREET FOOTBALL RATED E FOR EVERYONE (20.00)
EA SPORTS MADDEN 2004 RATED E FOR EVERYONE (20.00)

PostingID: 1066477651

Another xbox one

xbox!!!!!!!!! - $200 (kennewick)

Date: 2009-03-08, 4:36PM PDT

i am posting an original xbox in great condition with 4 games unreal championship 2 the liandri conflict, halo, prince of persia sands of time, starwars battlefront, and on the harddrive is 4 halo 2 map packs u can't get amy where else it gives u 10 extra levels, please only e-mail through i am willing to trade for an xbox 360 non red-ringed 60 gb, 1 controller, power brick, hdmi cables and regular av cables, and a game, please only reply if serious about buying or trading. i originally paid 250 when this first came out. and the e-mail again is

ad is here http://kpr.craigslist.org/ele/1066218608.html

LOL!

[quote name='BarbblerElf']wow gotta love this guy
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/1066449008.html

Edit: Oh and this. Not sure if good or not since it is a hell of a lot of stuff, but I don't think he will sell it on craigslist as a bundle

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/tag/1066220638.html[/quote]

Can't believe the first guy has the nerve to ask for a free laptop and then be picky about what he gets. No one will actually be stupid enough to give him a laptop that runs XP or Vista for free... maybe something that is running 3.1 (or even 3.11) but no way in hell is he getting XP or Vista.

In defense of the second guy, he does have Tales of Destiny 1 and 2 sealed. If they aren't the Japanese versions like his other games, they should be worth quite a bit. The whole package is not worth $2,500, but it is definitely worth more than $1,000. CL is the wrong place to try to sell it, though.

[quote name='Doomstink']Can't believe the first guy has the nerve to ask for a free laptop and then be picky about what he gets. No one will actually be stupid enough to give him a laptop that runs XP or Vista for free... maybe something that is running 3.1 (or even 3.11) but no way in hell is he getting XP or Vista.

In defense of the second guy, he does have Tales of Destiny 1 and 2 sealed. If they aren't the Japanese versions like his other games, they should be worth quite a bit. The whole package is not worth $2,500, but it is definitely worth more than $1,000. CL is the wrong place to try to sell it, though.[/quote]

Looking at it - it doesn't seem like a real bad deal. A very expensive one but when you toss in the going rate of 60 gb ps3 (about 350-400) all the ps3 games, sealed ps1 games, the psp, etc.

Of course this is craigslist and people do not pay top dollar, he would be much better off selling it piece by piece on ebay or in smaller bundles.

If I was in NJ I might even toss him an offer to see what he say. Not the 2000 of course, but I would have to figure out what all the stuff would be worth to me.

[quote name='BarbblerElf']Don't forget the fake ads people put up with other people's numbers.
It happens a lot by me. People would post "Elite for $130, I need money now, or I hate it so I am selling it for $75(even though I paid 400), Call me any time --- --- ---- "
It gets annoying.

Oh and I do see a lot of people trying to sell psp/ds backup game sets for $100+. That's annoying also.[/QUOTE]

Haha I was able to sell my Crimson DS (used but well cared for), black CycloDS, box, stylus, Hori screen protector, 2gb microSD. For $170 cash, loaded with all the games they want. I guess you call that a bad deal for them?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/tag/1066524700.html

Playstation 2 with all rock bands n more - $135 (Downtown Columbus)
Reply to:
[email protected][/spoiler] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-08, 11:59PM EDT

I am selling my Ps2 with a ton of stuff attached:

Two Rock Band Controllers
God of War 2
Two Ps2 remote controllers
Rock Band 1
Rock Band 2
Rock Band 3
Rock Band 80's Encore

For $135
W00t he has Rock band 3 and Rock band 80's

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ItsMeMark']Haha I was able to sell my Crimson DS (used but well cared for), black CycloDS, box, stylus, Hori screen protector, 2gb microSD. For $170 cash, loaded with all the games they want. I guess you call that a bad deal for them?[/QUOTE]

No its not that bad since the cycloDS is like $50 and the memory stick is like 15. So it was pretty good. What I am talking about is people selling 10 dvd R with psp games for $100 or a R4DS card for $80-$120

One thing alot of people on craigslist fail to understand is that the laptop or whatever they bought for $2000 etc. 4 years ago is no longer worth what you think. Electronic stuff ages and gets outdated over time, and on craigslist, nobody wants to pay the full price. It's like a big garage sale. People want bargains.

This guy must be in dreamland for sure. The laptop I just bought 1 month ago at best buy for $450 would blow this outdated POS down the drain.

$995? get real man. Anyone can walk into best buy and get 2! better and newer laptops for that price.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/sys/1065448684.html

Actually, in this instance, the guy is almost right on. Panasonic Toughbooks are spendy. He didn't pay 2k for this. It was probably 5K+. The magnesium case and water proofed everything make them pretty spendy. They also generally have touch screens.

Yes, the components may be dated, but most of the price has to do with the fact that you can drive a truck over it.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']One thing alot of people on craigslist fail to understand is that the laptop or whatever they bought for $2000 etc. 4 years ago is no longer worth what you think. Electronic stuff ages and gets outdated over time, and on craigslist, nobody wants to pay the full price. It's like a big garage sale. People want bargains.

This guy must be in dreamland for sure. The laptop I just bought 1 month ago at best buy for $450 would blow this outdated POS down the drain.

$995? get real man. Anyone can walk into best buy and get 2! better and newer laptops for that price.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/sys/1065448684.html[/quote]

bread's done
Back