Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

So that asshole that wanted me to deliver some stuff to him has seen fit to email me from multiple accounts. On top of that he sends the same email 20 times per account. Some people just aren't cut out for being human.

I was selling a DS Lite with some accessories for $90. He then emails me 20 times "I can give you $20 today after work. Please, it would make my day."

[quote name='Porksta']I was selling a DS Lite with some accessories for $90. He then emails me 20 times "I can give you $20 today after work. Please, it would make my day."[/quote]
But you'd make his day! I think that's worth that extra $70 you were asking.

I can't believe you'd deny someone their day being made.

Will you pay pal me $500? It'd really make my day.
[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']But you'd make his day! I think that's worth that extra $70 you were asking.

I can't believe you'd deny someone their day being made.[/quote]

[quote name='Porksta']I was selling a DS Lite with some accessories for $90. He then emails me 20 times "I can give you $20 today after work. Please, it would make my day."[/quote]

Wow talk about lowballing. That happened to me once with a stereo I was trying to sell. I guess it was priced pretty good because my email was exploding and my phone was ringing alot. I talked to a few people, then someone offered me half the price I was asking and I said, why should I sell it to you for half when I have 9 people who are willing to pay me in full? He said if everyone flaked to get back to him. I said alright whatever. Nevertheless, I sold it for the price I was asking and then he called and said he'd pay my asking price. I told him it was sold. *CLICK* Next day I get 5 or so voicemails and sure enough it was him. Screaming and calling me every name in the book. This went on for a few days and eventually he stopped calling.

I like to think he finally got ahold of his meds...

Alot of folks I've talked to say that lowballing is sometimes so bad, that they list their items for higher then they're looking to get. Then let people lowball to the price you want.

Like say you wanna sell a wii and you want 300 for it, put $500 in the price thing and say 500 or best offer. When someone gets close to 300 sell it.

On Craigslist, I always post my items at a price higher than I want. If you've never sold anything on CL, you'd be amazed at how sick the lowballing gets on there.

[quote name='Samus']It pisses me off the whole $1 fad. Do you guys see that shit elsewhere on Craigslist? They always put "$1" in their listing price.

This moron did it and then said in the actual listing "will not accept $1 offers". lmao
http://albany.craigslist.org/tag/1061276337.html[/quote]

That's not the part that annoys me about that listing. The fact that the seller is trying to sell illegal ds games is what makes me mad. It is becoming a huge problem where people think it is fine to sell bootleg games. Craigslist needs a huge overhaul to help prevent this, even if it was setting up some kind of mod system.

There will never be any moderation on craigslist. There are only 25 people who run the site and you can never get ahold of them. The morons have taken over.

If you really wanna screw around with the bootleggers, call them up and say you're a detective from the sheriffs department cracking down on people selling pirated media.

Watch how fast the ad gets deleted. :)

I can't seem to find the other CL thread and I need some opinion fast. How much should I offer for a Black DS Lite? He said the screen protector is there, so no scratches with a 4 months old receipt.

^thanks. Apparently, he's also looking for a Wii fit. So I bought a used at GS with eternal 10%. Total $73 GS credit. I'm happy. :)

The ds comes with r4 and micro sd. :)

I think it is always the same jackass that does this. I happens all the time in jersey. He makes fake posts with other peoples emails or phone numbers and lists something like this.
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/1068588690.html

PS3 cheap - $100 (Jesey City)

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-10, 11:33AM EDT

New PS3. need money. call me at [edited out] for more info. come with 20 games. need to sell ASAP

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1068588690

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ye0ldmario']This guy is still trying to sell his modded xbox with all the pirated roms and emulators, haha. Get a clue dude!

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ele/1068366399.html[/quote]

how about a guy selling this
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/1068277841.html

nintendo z64 Mr.backup copier + 73 GAMES ON ZIP FILE - $200 (HAWTHORNE)

Date: 2009-03-10, 3:18AM EDT

Z64 MR. BACKUP COPIER
PUT ALL YOUR GAMES ON FILE + 73 GAMES INCLUDED
$200.00 CASH FIRM!
(973) 981-9788
FRANK

[quote name='BarbblerElf']I think it is always the same jackass that does this. I happens all the time in jersey. He makes fake posts with other peoples emails or phone numbers and lists something like this.
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/1068588690.html[/quote]

Either that or he's gonna kill and/or rob whoever meets up with him.

Perfect example of "if it's too good to be true, it probably is".

EDIT: flagged and removed.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Either that or he's gonna kill and/or rob whoever meets up with him.

Perfect example of "if it's too good to be true, it probably is".

EDIT: flagged and removed.[/quote]

Nice flagging.
Oh and I know. Who expects to get a ps3 and 20 games for 100. he can get far more with cash trade in at gamestop

[quote name='BarbblerElf']I think it is always the same jackass that does this. I happens all the time in jersey. He makes fake posts with other peoples emails or phone numbers and lists something like this.
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/1068588690.html[/quote]

I can tell you that is someone who knows the person of the phone number, because that is my phone number and that is now one of 8 different fake posts that have been put up in the last two days, Some things i actually own, some i do not. Legal action has been started to find out who the person is.

Yeah i am working on that, my police department does not even know what craigslist is, let alone work with me to get the information from them

Not game related but thought I'd share:
FRIENDS SEASONS 1 and 2 - $45 (chico/paradise)

Date: 2009-03-10, 8:40AM PDT

I have seasons 1 and 2 of FRIENDS available in never been opened cases. They are brand new. 45 dollars each or best offer. thanks!

Seriously, $45 EACH? Amazon has them for $25 and they retail for $30.

On another matter, I see someone has listed an Atari with 5 games, $35. I think it has two controllers, it simply says "IT COMES WITH PADDLES.......JOYSTICKS........AND MUCH MORE" (yeah he wrote in ALL CAPS so that right there is making me wary).

I like retro gaming stuff but have no idea what the average for an Atari is. Ebay with shipping seems to be around the $30 mark, so perhaps this is a bit much?

I was accused of "ripping people off" when offering $30 for an atari 2600 to someone on craigslist. I was told they are going for "$150 on ebay". Yeah, like I'm gonna throw 150 down on an atari that can crap out on me any day.

Everyone has different opinions on what a vintage game console is worth.....me, I look for the cheapest I can get.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I was accused of "ripping people off" when offering $30 for an atari 2600 to someone on craigslist. I was told they are going for "$150 on ebay". Yeah, like I'm gonna throw 150 down on an atari that can crap out on me any day.

Everyone has different opinions on what a vintage game console is worth.....me, I look for the cheapest I can get.[/quote]
Hmm... I'll be considering this then. I thought $35 seemed resonable. Although I bet I'd never actually play it.

Honestly I'm not really a big atari fan anymore. I have those TV games joysticks and they have all the games I like anyway. (pacman, galaga, pole position).

Well, for just playing any of these games, I can emulate them on my computer, but I am a sucker for having tangible stuff, especially if it's old. An Atari would just be neat to have. Someday I'd like to own all of the major systems.

[quote name='gamblor21']I can tell you that is someone who knows the person of the phone number, because that is my phone number and that is now one of 8 different fake posts that have been put up in the last two days, Some things i actually own, some i do not. Legal action has been started to find out who the person is.[/quote]

Wow, crazy. That's your number. I see those kinds of posts all the time. Sometime the people get the number off of someone's myspace and other times they take it from someone they know. I usually just google or search craigslist for that number, then it pops up like 10 times. Instant fake post.
Does that person really have nothing better to do than that.

Check out this nut:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/tag/1068914545.html

Real Gamers Collection - $30000 (Coon Rapids MN)

Date: 2009-03-10, 5:38PM CDT

I have a true gamers collection I'm looking to unload as I have lost the need for it. I have 1,800 games ranging from atari 2600 through PS3 and Xbox 360. I have several rarities in the collection and hard to find games. I have all the systems to play these on as well except an N-Gage which I have about 6 games for. There are also about 250 Guidebooks as well. Some of the more rare games I have in this collection includes. (all of these are complete)

Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny 2 (sealed)
Shining force 3
Albert Odyssey
Final Fantasy 3
Chrono Trigger (super nintendo not DS version) complete
Entire Suikoden Series all complete
Persona 2, 3, and 4.
Einhander
Ergeiz
All of the Grandia Series
Marvel VS. Capcom 2 (PS2)
E.V.O Search for Eden

This list could go on and on all day and has a crazy amount of RPG's in it. More than any sane human could actually finish in a lifetime. Would be looking at 30k for the collection or for a C-5 Z06 corvette or a C-6 Corvette. Feel free to email me with questions

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1068914545

[quote name='panamared']Check out this nut:

I have a true gamers collection I'm looking to unload as I have lost the need for it. I have 1,800 games ranging from atari 2600 through PS3 and Xbox 360. I have several rarities in the collection and hard to find games. I have all the systems to play these on as well except an N-Gage which I have about 6 games for. There are also about 250 Guidebooks as well. Some of the more rare games I have in this collection includes. (all of these are complete)

Tales of Destiny
Shining force 3
Albert Odyssey
Final Fantasy 3
Persona 2, 3, and 4.
Einhander
Ergeiz
E.V.O Search for Eden

This list could go on and on all day and has a crazy amount of RPG's in it. More than any sane human could actually finish in a lifetime. Would be looking at 30k for the collection or for a C-5 Z06 corvette or a C-6 Corvette. Feel free to email me with questions

PostingID: 1068914545[/quote]

lmao yeah just let me go to the bank and get out my 30k to buy his games lmao

Who needs a house when you can have 30k worth of games?!

Funny thing is, he might scrape a pretty good surface of cash in the thousands if he sold off those rarities separately.

That is the most outrageous post I have ever read. Hopefully he finds a mult-millionaire with a hard-on for video games like he had :lol:

And this dude is from Minnesota!!! There aren't crazies around me, are there???:roll:

Maybe I'll email him and see if he'll trade for my '89 Mustang GT :roll:;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent him this:

Interested in buying your game collection. Willing to pay 1/3rd of what you wanted... will need a full list.

Response:

no thanks. I think my RPG's are worth about 15k alone based on 75% of what the value of them is on Ebay. I may be getting a bigger list together though with more games on it though. I realize I need to get some pics up online to give everyone a scope of how big this collection is.

My response:

Maybe we can work this out... the highest I'm willing to go is 20k.

[quote name='panamared']Check out this nut:

Tales of Destiny
Shining force 3
Albert Odyssey
Final Fantasy 3
Persona 2, 3, and 4.
Einhander
Ergeiz
E.V.O Search for Eden

PostingID: 1068914545[/quote]

This one gets my vote for the most overpriced item I've ever seen on craigslist. Seriously, who the hell is gonna shell out $30,000? wtf? Is it possible to even have that much money on you? Maybe a millionaire.......

If you had to pay money to post ads on craigslist, alot of these ads, and all the spam would be gone.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I just sent him this:

Interested in buying your game collection. Willing to pay 1/3rd of what you wanted... will need a full list.

Response:

no thanks. I think my RPG's are worth about 15k alone based on 75% of what the value of them is on Ebay. I may be getting a bigger list together though with more games on it though. I realize I need to get some pics up online to give everyone a scope of how big this collection is.

My response:

Maybe we can work this out... the highest I'm willing to go is 20k.[/quote]

Are you really willing to pay that, or are you just leading him on.?

My question is how does someone accumulate that many games in the first place? I mean, you could easily do it I guess by purchasing huge lots off craigslist, but wouldn't that put quite the dent in the ol' savings account??? That just seems like soooooo much money wasted in the first place.

bread's done
Back