Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Alright maybe the Dog bone NES is worth it. But still, craigslist is supposed to be the bargain bin garage sale rock bottom flea market. Not like some kind of ebay clone. You avoid hassles and fees but you're gonna have to settle for less or it won't sell.

That's speaking from experience.[/QUOTE]

Ever since i picked up Top Loader from eBay for $40 some dollars, I couldn't pay $150 for that. Although it looks in gereat condition, it would have to come with the box or something, and I'd still have a hard time buying, because the games are nothing special as far as hard to find, but who knows there may be some collector out there who just might buy it.

YeOldMario- Keep an eye on it if you can, see if it sits on there for awhile.

[quote name='gi60']Dude, Did your CL ads being featured here for overpricing or what? :) You keep comparing CL with Ebay and defending those overpriced items. $ 300 for a 36" tube TV is way too expensive.

I'm thinking of selling some stuffs to you since it seems that you pay high dollar. :lol: Do you want to buy my 36" Toshiba Tube TV for $ 200? It's $ 100 cheaper than the CL ads.[/QUOTE]

I just don't understand why people post ads that aren't even unreasonably priced. I don't see the benefit in doing so... they're just wasting everyones time. Take a look at the ad right above your post.

[quote name='http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tag/1182353776.html']AND MINE ALL WORK LIKE I SAID I A 40YR OLD KID THAT WORKS HARD FOR MONEY SO I KEEP CARE OF WHAT I BUY. CALL 9855429 [317] CASH OR TRADE. P.S. I HAVE A XBOX 360 COOLER NEW IN BOX I DONT HAVE A 360 SO I SELL THE COOLER FOR CHEAP $15.[/QUOTE]

Now THAT'S funny! Everyone else posting slightly overpriced ads is just wasting everyones time. Do I want to buy that TV? No.. but let's say I did. I would contact you and try to work out a price that we both could agree on.

Shiroh: To check already completed auctions, click on the link for ARLEADY COMPLETED AUCTIONS.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I just don't understand why people post ads that aren't even unreasonably priced. I don't see the benefit in doing so... they're just wasting everyones time. Take a look at the ad right above your post.

Now THAT'S funny! Everyone else posting slightly overpriced ads is just wasting everyones time. Do I want to buy that TV? No.. but let's say I did. I would contact you and try to work out a price that we both could agree on.

Shiroh: To check already completed auctions, click on the link for ARLEADY COMPLETED AUCTIONS.[/QUOTE]

thanks, and here I was, all the time putting the on my watch list:bomb: Well, I guess I really didn't have a need until now.

Here's a nice one

X-Box 360 with lots of extras

X-Box has extra hard drive memory. Many games including the following:
Cars Mater National
Table Tennis
NBA 2K9
Madden 09
Poject Gotham Racing 3
Smack Dow VS Raw 2007
NCAA Football 09
Major League Baseball 2K9
Gears of War 2
*Guitar Hero Aerosmith* WITH THE GUITAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NHL 09
Sega Superstars Tennis
Wall E

Also comes with 2 wireless remotes with key pad for online communication
Remote Charger
and Head set for online gaming

Great deal less then half what we paid for all of this! Would make a great gift or buy it for yourself if you are a spending wise gamer!!!!!!!!
NEED IT GONE ASAP

Asking price? $800.

http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/tag/1183888107.html

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Alright maybe the Dog bone NES is worth it. But still, craigslist is supposed to be the bargain bin garage sale rock bottom flea market. Not like some kind of ebay clone. You avoid hassles and fees but you're gonna have to settle for less or it won't sell.

That's speaking from experience.[/QUOTE]

According to who, YOU? :roll: I've sold stuff at my listed price before on CL and I have allowed people to 'haggle me down'(to what I wanted in the first place). It's all a matter of listing the item at a semi unreasonable price, then letting them THINK they're getting a bargain by letting them try and 'make a deal'.

I haven't sold much through CL really(some Xbox games, a slim PStwo and extra controller(s) ), but what I have sold I have managed to get what I wanted for the items and break even at the least.

So really, it's all in how you sell on there. I mean, sure, I could put up an Atari 2600 for $300 and I'm sure i'd be listed in this thread in no time at all. But I'd as soon put it up for slightly over what I want for it and let the 'bargaining' begin.

If they still don't want to pay what I wanted for it, then fuck 'em, since I've only sold stuff on there just for a couple bucks when items were just sitting here collecting dust. I'd rather sit on a houseful of old crap than give it away to some douchebag who probably only wants it to resell for their own profit.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']According to who, YOU?[/QUOTE]

well, everyone but you, to be exact. oh, and the sellers who get their ads posted in this thread.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']According to who, YOU? :roll: I've sold stuff at my listed price before on CL and I have allowed people to 'haggle me down'(to what I wanted in the first place). It's all a matter of listing the item at a semi unreasonable price, then letting them THINK they're getting a bargain by letting them try and 'make a deal'.

I haven't sold much through CL really(some Xbox games, a slim PStwo and extra controller(s) ), but what I have sold I have managed to get what I wanted for the items and break even at the least.

So really, it's all in how you sell on there. I mean, sure, I could put up an Atari 2600 for $300 and I'm sure i'd be listed in this thread in no time at all. But I'd as soon put it up for slightly over what I want for it and let the 'bargaining' begin.

If they still don't want to pay what I wanted for it, then fuck 'em, since I've only sold stuff on there just for a couple bucks when items were just sitting here collecting dust. I'd rather sit on a houseful of old crap than give it away to some douchebag who probably only wants it to resell for their own profit.[/QUOTE]
Doooode, quit with the attitude. Or I'll send my good buddy Porksta on your ass! J/K. But it does seem you only join this thread to bitch about all of us. This is Cheap Ass Gamer, not Outrageously Overpriced Gamer. :bomb:

[quote name='jimmybob_theblob']doooode, quit with the attitude. Or i'll send my good buddy porksta on your ass! J/k. But it does seem you only join this thread to bitch about all of us. This is cheap ass gamer, not outrageously overpriced gamer. :bomb:[/quote]

haha, OOG

[quote name='allyourblood']well, everyone but you, to be exact. oh, and the sellers who get their ads posted in this thread.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jimmybob_theblob']Doooode, quit with the attitude. Or I'll send my good buddy Porksta on your ass! J/K. But it does seem you only join this thread to bitch about all of us. This is Cheap Ass Gamer, not Outrageously Overpriced Gamer. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Who said I overprice stuff? I had a new in box PS2 slim I got for retail(with credit from my old Xbox PRP), so I priced it a bit lower than retail and tossed in an additional controller.

The buyers who actually popped up, after the usual string of scammers, bitched about the price a bit but one person did eventually buy it from me right before Christmas.

Same thing with the Xbox games I was selling. I had them marked below retail and I would've just as easily pulled the ads and used them again myself, rather than give them away for flea market prices.

Matter of fact, right now I have an ad which I renew every so often with the GTA IV Special Edition up there for $45. Yes, I know the original version goes for UNDER $40 from Gamestop USED, but either someone will bite or I'll pull down the ad and sell them locally somewhere.

I just get a kick out of all of the people saying 'zomg they want retail for this stuff LULZ' when in fact many of them are probably doing like I've done and giving themselves 'haggle room' so the cheap bastards and reselling douchebags can feel good that they 'got their deal'.

Namecalling is really as much a scumbag tactic as 'overpricing' something, dontcha think? Just because they didn't say 'come steal this thing off me for $20 and resell all the games because I don't need the money', they're overpriced and scumbags?

I gotta delete this thread from my favorites, before I say what I'm REALLY thinking.

What I'm REALLY THINKING:
So, which of you lowballing reselling dirtbags are in my area and kept making ridiculous offers on my shit when I had it posted on CL? Moreover, what if it was YOUR stuff? Are you really gonna let it go for whatever some douchebag lowballs you to? I thought so. But it's ok to do it to others?

lowballers on craigslist don't really bother me to much....i just delete the email or make a counter offer, or I wait for someone who will pay in full for whatever the item is

and once they buy it, they can resell it, eat it, stick it up their ass, anything. All that matters is I unloaded some junk I didn't need and got money for it! :D

the trick is, to list it for higher then what you really want, and when someone hits the real price you want, sell it to them. Make them think they're lowballing you.

[quote name='allyourblood']well, everyone but you, to be exact. oh, and the sellers who get their ads posted in this thread.[/QUOTE]

You're just making empty assumptions. Craigslist is whatever you want to make it... I too have sold items for higher prices than what I would have gotten on ebay.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']lowballers on craigslist don't really bother me to much....i just delete the email or make a counter offer, or I wait for someone who will pay in full for whatever the item is

and once they buy it, they can resell it, eat it, stick it up their ass, anything. All that matters is I unloaded some junk I didn't need and got money for it! :D

the trick is, to list it for higher then what you really want, and when someone hits the real price you want, sell it to them. Make them think they're lowballing you.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that EXACTLY what I said? That's how I've managed to get around the lowballers and the hagglers. It helps to give yourself some 'breathe' room when pricing stuff.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Namecalling is really as much a scumbag tactic as 'overpricing' something, dontcha think? Just because they didn't say 'come steal this thing off me for $20 and resell all the games because I don't need the money', they're overpriced and scumbags?

I gotta delete this thread from my favorites, before I say what I'm REALLY thinking.

What I'm REALLY THINKING:
So, which of you lowballing reselling dirtbags are in my area and kept making ridiculous offers on my shit when I had it posted on CL? Moreover, what if it was YOUR stuff? Are you really gonna let it go for whatever some douchebag lowballs you to? I thought so. But it's ok to do it to others?
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, maybe it is time for you to quit this thread.

[quote name='jimmybob_theblob']Yeah, maybe it is time for you to quit this thread.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I decided to stick around for laughs, since some of the incredulous responses/posts people make about the 'high prices' for some of these items are just too funny.

[quote name='jimmybob_theblob']Better be careful bud, IAmTheCheapestGamer might get upset about your posting!!!![/QUOTE]

Not just him... a lot of us CAG veterans get tired of noobyness. :p

[quote name='PhrostByte']Not just him... a lot of us CAG veterans get tired of noobyness. :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous the way people keep posting stuff from Craigslist they think is overpriced in this thread, I mean it's not like...Oh wait, that's exactly the point of this thread!

I saw this title:

Original Sega Genesis with 3 Rare Games - $50 (Camas)

So I thought, hey $50 is a good price for a Genesis bundle if the rare games are good ones. I wonder what the titles of the rare games are...

This is an Original Sega Genesis with all hook-ups and 2 controllers. 3 Rare Games all with Original Box and Instructions.
Games are: Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II and The Lion King.

$50.00 firm.
Call Chris @ (360) 442-1019 (cell - area code is needed unless in Longview)
I will not respond to emails, so call.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Plenty of sports games to pass around, help yourself

http://southcoast.craigslist.org/tag/1174200031.html[/QUOTE]

I don't see what's so stupid about this. Looks pretty straightforward and a normal post to me. The games may be sports and old, but asking $3 each, all 7 for $20 I don't think is unreasonable.

I have 7 Sports games for sale $3.00 each or take them all for $20.00

NHL 2002
NHL 2005
MADDEN 2004
MADDEN 2005
NFL QB CLUB 2002
NBA HOOPZ
TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 2002

I'm not gonna single any ad out in particular, but I'm really tired of seeing a post with a title like: Nintendo NES - $10 and finding out it's just someone looking to buy a system and games for cheap. There's a Wanted section for that purpose, don't crap up the For Sale section with this garbage.

Is this a problem everywhere else too?

[quote name='Macheezmo']I'm not gonna single any ad out in particular, but I'm really tired of seeing a post with a title like: Nintendo NES - $10 and finding out it's just someone looking to buy a system and games for cheap. There's a Wanted section for that purpose, don't crap up the For Sale section with this garbage.

Is this a problem everywhere else too?[/QUOTE]

A bigger problem I find is people advertising as $1 and then posting in the ad the real price.

[quote name='brianmoy']I saw this title:

So I thought, hey $50 is a good price for a Genesis bundle if the rare games are good ones. I wonder what the titles of the rare games are...[/QUOTE]

i have MK 1 and 2. They are both common.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tag/1189474570.html

playstation 3 - $1200 (games)

Hello I have a playstation three metal gear solid edition 80 gig backwards compatible with 58 bluray movies some still unopened , three controllers wireless headset, and dvd remote , and 9 games .Please call me today for i have to move my family due to eviction the playstation is a collectors item i had it priced at game stop yesterday and they said if i sold it i would never be able to get another so please call and be reasonable , my family depends on it , I would like to get close to a thousand . Thank you and god bless you!!! call me at 702 517 3109 I also have alot of other things , artwork , scrapbooking stuff thank you . My name is Edwin!!!

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-M..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1243373026&sr=8-3

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']
[quote name='brianmoy']
I saw this title:
Original Sega Genesis with 3 Rare Games - $50 (Camas)

So I thought, hey $50 is a good price for a Genesis bundle if the rare games are good ones. I wonder what the titles of the rare games are...
This is an Original Sega Genesis with all hook-ups and 2 controllers. 3 Rare Games all with Original Box and Instructions.
Games are: Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II and The Lion King.
$50.00 firm.
Call Chris @ (360) 442-1019 (cell - area code is needed unless in Longview)
I will not respond to emails, so call.

[/quote]
i have MK 1 and 2. They are both common.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the point. :applause:

[quote name='PhrostByte']Seems fair. Let's break it down:

Special Edition PS3 - $500 x 1 = $500
58 Blu-Ray Movies - $10 x 58 = $580
2 extra controllers - $30 x 2 = $60
wireless Bluetooth headset - $20 x 1 = $20
DVD remote - $20 x 1 = $20
9 PS3 games - $30 x 9 = $270
Total = $1450[/QUOTE]

I was just talking about the "Never gonna be able to get another one."

Here's a crazy one

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/wan/1187349422.html

i am loking for any thing Nintendo, game boy, ds, super Nintendo/snes, n64, game cube, wii, nes virtual boy, game boy advanced/gba,. i can also trade for sega master system, sega genesis, dream cast.atari stuff if its not listed ask and we can see if i want it. i am trying to rebuild a collection i had when i was younger when it was stolen from me, along with some stuff my brother lost or broke for my game snes and n64 and also getting stuff for my nes i sold as a kid.

i want nes games and accessories, a super Nintendo games and accessories and maybe the system mine is buggy i really really want ninja turtles in time, any thing virtual boy, game boy, sega genesis any thing of it.

for nes i want the following games metroid, zelda, link, mario 2, any of the mega mans, battle toads and double dragon(the game not the 2 seperate games) contra, anny of the games with a case that isn't grey, an old goldish game where you play as a bee and i think its one of the old unauthorized games it had a switch on the back i think and any of the classics
accessories for nes, nes max controller, power pad, r.o.b the robot (lol), the power glove, and any other controller / add on for the nes, i am also looking for the nes top loader

super Nintendo games, zombies ate my neighbors, turtles in time, double dragon, any of the battle toad games for snes, secret of mana, Mario rpg (i love that game),clay fighter , earth worm jim idk what one, zelda, super metroid, earth bound, mega man, mega man soccer and any of the classics of course.
super Nintendo accessories, one controller maybe, super scope, turbo controller, tv cable and maybe a system if i can't fix mine

n64 games, conkers bad furday, diddy kong racing, star fox 64,clay fighter, earth worm jim, bomber man 64, mario party, toney hawk, zelda ocarina of time (gold case) any other games realy
one controller, rumble packs n such

game cube games, Mario kart double dash, metroid maybe, zelda maybe, and maybe Luigi's mansion, and any other great ones
game cube accessories, the game boy player and 2 controllers.

game boy games (the ones stolen as a kid), Kirbie's dream land, gameboy camera, wario land, the wwf games, tetris, battle toads double dragon, and i don't remeber what other ones i owned
gameboy system, original, or pocket

gba, game boy advanced games, zelda a link to the past, Mario kart (both where stolen as well)

virtual boy ...ANY THING

sega, less interested but more into buying a cheap lot with a system 2 controllers all cables needed, working and at least 5 games

i am not buying for resale i am buying for my own collection. I LIVE ON VERY LOW INCOME so pretty much means i am more likely to buy something under $50 unless it is the right item/items. the only items will pay that much for is a medium/ large lot, virtual boy and such i will not pay much/any thing for a gba you can get them for like $20 at game stop.if i cannot pay the asking price for it i have allot of computer stuff to trade 2 nes systems for trade and a Lionel train game for the ds. a laptop hard drive 250gb JUST THE HARD DRIVE can work in a pc too just email me and i can give you a list

i also fix computers, old nes systems i can do not labor intensive odd jobs and i am a baker (yes i am a baker lol) i can just make a few REALLY good things ginger snaps, chocolate chip cookies, a pumkin jelly roll with a cream cheese filling a chocolate jelly roll with same filling and a chocolate bunt cake.

I'll bake you some donuts for a gameboy.

[quote name='kipz']I was just talking about the "Never gonna be able to get another one."[/QUOTE]

Oh.. I feel dumb now. :lol:

While the prices in this ad aren't particularly horrible(IMO anyway), the grammar is and the fact that it's a giant wall o'text. Oh yeah and it's ALL in CAPS!!!

http://scranton.craigslist.org/ele/1189262216.html

BIG BIG SALE (CHECK THIS OUT) (SIMPSON PA)

HELLO I HAVE A LOT OF GAME SYSTEMS AND GAMES FOR SALE AS WELL AS DVD MOVIES, UP FOR SALE IS 2 GAMECUBE SYSTEMS, WITH THE GAMECUBES I HAVE ALL THE CORDS AND 1 GAME COMES WITH THE SYSTEMS DO NOT HAVE A CONTROLE THESE SYSEM ARE GOING FOR $25.00,UP NEXT FOR SALE IS SNES THIS GAME SYSTEM COME WITH ALL THE CORDS AND 3 GAMES AND THE CONTROL,THIS SYSTEM IS GOING FOR $25.00 OBO,I DO HAVE MANY SNES GAMES TO CHOISE FROM,UP NEXT IS A SAGA DREAMCAST THIS GAME SYSTEM COME WITH ALL THE CORDS A CONTROLE AND 5 GAMES AND ALSO I HAVE MANY GAMES TO CHOISE FROM,THIS SYSTEM IS ALSO $25.00.UP NEXT IS A SAGA GENESIS THIS SYSTEM COME WITH 5 GAME AND ALL THE WIRES AND CONTROLE AND ALSO I HAVE MANY GAMES TO CHOISE FROM THIS SYSTEM IS $20.00,NOW AS FOR GAMES I HAVE MANY XBOX,XBOX360 ,PS2, PS1, GAMECUBE, SNES, SAGA GENESIS ,SAGA DREAMCAST GAMES FOR SALE THESE GAME ALL DIFFRENT PRICES ALL THE OLD GAMES ARE $3.00 APIECE 2 FOR $5.00 PS2 GAMES MOST ARE $10.00 XBOX AND GAMECUBE THE SAME, XBOX360 ARE MORE,ALSO I HAVE DVD MOVES MOST ARE $4.00 THREE FOR $10.00, I ALSO HAVE MANY VHS TAPE THE ARE 3 FOR $5.00 $2.00 APIECE AND THE ONES WITH OUT A CASE IS 50 CENTS 3 FOR A BUCK,ALSO I HAVE DVD PLAYES FOR SALE AND TVS AND MUCH MUCH MORE,ALSO I WILL TRADE SO FOR MORE INFOR JUST GIVE ME A CALL AT 570-267-0654 OR EMAIL ME AT [email protected] SO I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON AND THINKS FOR DROPING IN,O YEAH IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS I WILL BE GIVING A BIG YARD SALE I WILL KEEP CRAIGSLIST INFORM....SO AGAIN THINK YOU....................O SORRY I DO HAVE 2 PC FOR SALE ALSO

EDIT: LMFAO As it turns out, it's the one guy who has a flea market stand up the road from me selling this stuff. I sold him a bunch of stuff I was sitting on forever about a month ago. Funny stuff and small world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another one.....some idiot up the line from me is trying to SELL one of the $40 off government issued convertor box coupons:

TV Digital Converter Box Coupon - $5 (Waverly, PA )

Reply to:[email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-25, 12:52PM EDT

TV Converter Box $40 coupon

Will provide address of available list of participating retailers
We are not trying to make money on a free service; we just could not wait until we got ours so we bought one from someone else while waiting. Just trying to recoup some of our cost. Thank you. Make an offer.

^ Well, $5 is actually not a bad deal for some people who has more than 2 TVs in the house that still use rabbit antenna.

He's probably the same guy who's selling weekly one-time use coupon from stores on Ebay. :)

bread's done
Back