Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

I can't believe it! People are setting an asking price higher than what they want in order to attempt to deal with lowballers and cheapasses. How incredibly stupid!

http://providence.craigslist.org/vgm/1533215124.html

MADDEN 2001 PS2 (WARWICK AREA,RI)

Date: 2010-01-01, 6:18PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

USED BUT IN GOOD SHAPE.

ASKING $ 7.00

If you are interested you can reach me at [email protected] ( Please put what you are interested in on the subject line Thanks)

***CASH AND LOCAL ONLY******
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, because how dare a Paypal scammer rob you of your absolute gem.

Hallo thar contradictions:

http://providence.craigslist.org/vgm/1533321910.html

XBOX 360 w/ 20GB HDD - $200 (Warwick, RI)

Date: 2010-01-01, 8:02PM EST

have a XBOX 360, complete component and composite wiring w/ 1 wireless controler and 20 gig HDD.

I also have COD 4, COD Modern Warefare 2, Bioshock, Fable 1 + 2, Guitar Hero 3 w/ guitar, Oblivion IV, GTA 4, The Last Remnant, Assasins Creed and Madded 08. The games are separate and can make a deal for any of them.

I AM NOT SELLING THE GAMES INDIVIDUALLY, SO PLEASE DONT EMAIL ME ABOUT JUST THE GAMES

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Ah... Craigslist Marketing 101

"It's brand new in the box, we have only used it 23-56 times."

"The Wii comes with 5 sports games, but the Atari
(of course, comes with 99 games)
"

"I bought this NEW for $1242 in 19__. I would like to get $1241 for it."

"The price is firm....but I will sell it for less if you buy tonight."

"The price is $25 firm but I will sell it for $20"

("I will sell to the best offer" "I see you offered $$ but I was offered $$$$ by Mr. ++. Can you pay $$$?"
two days later
"If you still want to buy it for $$ I will sell it to you because I like you better than Mr. ++")

"I am selling the console for $40... one controller for $10 / $8 each if you buy both ... and of course if you want the wires or games that will be extra also..."

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

I paid $299 for this atari back in 1979. I'm looking to get $280. The cords were chewed up by my dog. Sometimes the screen flickers when you play a game but if you smack the system with your hand a few times it works again. Someone told me it's a rare collectors item so lowballers will be ignored. Thanks!

I just had someone triple e-mail me after saying I was interested in buying their Wii. I thought it was the same e-mail and it was a glitch or they just were adding contact info. Nope. Imagine my amazement that they were actually trying to get me into a bidding war. I told him to f off.

[quote name='davo1224']I just had someone triple e-mail me after saying I was interested in buying their Wii. I thought it was the same e-mail and it was a glitch or they just were adding contact info. Nope. Imagine my amazement that they were actually trying to get me into a bidding war. I told him to f off.[/QUOTE]

You should have told him to list on eBay if he wanted it to be bid on, then told him to fuck off :D

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/vgm/1534349121.html
Playstation machine for sale - $100. 954-389-9153

ROFLMAO

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/vgm/1533993201.html
4 ps3 games - $215

(UFC Undisputed 2009, All pro 2k8, Midnight Club Los Angeles, and Blitz the league II)

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/vgm/1533978803.html
4 ps3 games - $205 (Golden Glades Interchange)

these 4 games are in very very very excellent condition i rarely played them there basically brand new. (Madden 2008, NCAA 2008, Madden 2009, Fight Night Round 3)

Gotta love these

[quote name='Brian9824']

ROFLMAO

4 ps3 games - $215

(UFC Undisputed 2009, All pro 2k8, Midnight Club Los Angeles, and Blitz the league II)

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/vgm/1533978803.html
4 ps3 games - $205 (Golden Glades Interchange)

these 4 games are in very very very excellent condition i rarely played them there basically brand new. (Madden 2008, NCAA 2008, Madden 2009, Fight Night Round 3)

Gotta love these[/QUOTE]

Guy left his number - "Ask for Mr. C" hahaha, everyone needs to call that donkey and let him know you can get all 8 of his games for ONE TENTH of his asking prices!!!

Had to post this before it got flagged
http://kpr.craigslist.org/zip/1534770259.html

FREE ADVICE on "Audult Services" (Kennewick)

Date: 2010-01-02, 6:37PM PST

The AUDULT SERVICES add that appears here regularly under the heading:
" beautifull - w4m (tri-cities)" is NOT a service at all.

This is nothing more than a SCAM to get money for NOTHING. No Service was provided. I paid $200 for 45 minutes of listening to her tell me about how she thought I was a cop and then she wanted to book another session! WTF? If you want to pay TWO HUNDERS DOLLARS for an hour of CONVERSATION this is for you. WHAT A RIP-OFF! Didn't even get to see a boob....... but I did see her BIG PIMPLY ASS!

She goes by Alexa and lives at the Hawaiian Village Apartments. If she really thought I was a cop, she should have gave my money back and asked me to leave. Unless you are wanting to THROW YOUR CASH AWAY, stay away from this Money Grubber! Two Hundered dollars for (less than) an hour of CONVERSATION, Un-Freaking-Believable!!!

LOL!

If craigslist was my site all this ChinaSPAM would be blocked. I wonder how many people these guys are scamming. Someone said they have a fake website with ridiculously CHEAP electronics (too good to be true like a macbook air for 200), and once you send the money you never hear from them again.

http://boston.craigslist.org/vgm/

I'm suprised craigslist just lets them scam people out the ass like that.

Gotta love the people that try to sell off sports games for exactly what they paid for them years ago.

"Madden 06, NBA2K5, and NBA Live 04 all for sale for $120 total or $50 a piece."

It's just like, you do realize I could literally walk into my Gamestop right now and buy all of those for around $3 total.

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/emd/1535535434.html
" I never destroyed my tapes and own over five hundred mostly old gangsta like Biggie Smalls 2Pac Wu Tang NWA Onyx Masta Ace LL Cool J Nas Big Pun Too Short Gravediggaz Two Live Crew Redman Busta Rhymes plus many more with other top forty performers. I can sell them or trade them for a small tattoo if you can ink and have sterile equipment. "

Trading for a tattoo over craigslist sounds like a darwin moment.....

[quote name='Brian9824']http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/emd/1535535434.html
" I never destroyed my tapes and own over five hundred mostly old gangsta like Biggie Smalls 2Pac Wu Tang NWA Onyx Masta Ace LL Cool J Nas Big Pun Too Short Gravediggaz Two Live Crew Redman Busta Rhymes plus many more with other top forty performers. I can sell them or trade them for a small tattoo if you can ink and have sterile equipment. "

Trading for a tattoo over craigslist sounds like a darwin moment.....[/QUOTE]

I bet you this guy just got of prison from serving a 15 year sentence.. he still thinks people have cassette players lol

You know, I post a lot of underpriced game stuff on CL and some never even get one response. I can't imagine these idiots are getting any e-mail inquiries... well except from CAGs who are just trying to screw with them.

[quote name='Brian9824']
4 ps3 games - $215

(UFC Undisputed 2009, All pro 2k8, Midnight Club Los Angeles, and Blitz the league II)[/QUOTE]

Maybe he just forgot the decimal and is actually asking for $2.15.

Just a quick question, this guy is selling a 4360 000 point card and a 12 month subscription for $50 for both, I know its probably too good to be true but is there a way I can meet him and immediately know if the cards he's giving me are legit and activated? He said he got them for his birthday and doesn't use his XBox anymore, but it is Craigslist...

[quote name='drktrpr1']Just a quick question, this guy is selling a 4360 000 point card and a 12 month subscription for $50 for both, I know its probably too good to be true but is there a way I can meet him and immediately know if the cards he's giving me are legit and activated? He said he got them for his birthday and doesn't use his XBox anymore, but it is Craigslist...[/QUOTE]Tell him to come to your house and activate them before he leaves.

I sold a Kitchenaid mixer that I got through some Microsoft promotion about a year ago. I met the guy at the supermarket down the road. This was are conversation.

Guy: "Is it hot?"
Me: "What?"
G: "Is it hot? Is it stolen?"
M: "Ohhh, no. I told you before I got it as a gift and we don't have room for it."
G: "Alright then"

Is it hot? Even if I was selling you something stolen I wouldn't tell you it was stolen. Okay, maybe I lied about how I got it but it wasn't stolen.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/vgm/1534736082.html

What's wrong with this ad?[/QUOTE]

WHAT?!? That's just the new Retro-DS with old school size screen with 4:3 aspect ratio, like TVs from the old days (pre-2000). Of course, it's so retro it only plays GBA/GBC/GB games and doesn't play any DS games...but hey!

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I sold a Kitchenaid mixer that I got through some Microsoft promotion about a year ago. I met the guy at the supermarket down the road. This was are conversation.

Guy: "Is it hot?"
Me: "What?"
G: "Is it hot? Is it stolen?"
M: "Ohhh, no. I told you before I got it as a gift and we don't have room for it."
G: "Alright then"

Is it hot? Even if I was selling you something stolen I wouldn't tell you it was stolen. Okay, maybe I lied about how I got it but it wasn't stolen.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

"No, it's not hot, but if you want hot appliances I've got a toaster oven that's SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSMOKIN'! It'll burn your mother fucking house down, fool!"

[quote name='drktrpr1']Just a quick question, this guy is selling a 4360 000 point card and a 12 month subscription for $50 for both, I know its probably too good to be true but is there a way I can meet him and immediately know if the cards he's giving me are legit and activated? He said he got them for his birthday and doesn't use his XBox anymore, but it is Craigslist...[/QUOTE]
Xbox.com to redeem codes.

[quote name='karkyco']Bearded dragon = lizard/reptile.[/QUOTE]

I know that, silly.

But what the hell are the odds that someone would want to make that trade? And I should've mentioned, this isn't the first time he's tried this, he's been doing it for months.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I know that, silly.

But what the hell are the odds that someone would want to make that trade? And I should've mentioned, this isn't the first time he's tried this, he's been doing it for months.[/QUOTE]

LOL, sorry...it seemed your initial statement was cut off so I wasn't sure what you were asking.

Yeah, a preggers female lizard for a PS3/X360...what a tool Mr. Breeder is. I hope he instead gets a visit from his local animal control and some cuffs and a beating for undoubtedly not having the proper licenses to have them and for (again undoubtedly) being an unlicensed breeder.

I love it when you reply to an ad from a regular local person and get no response. 3 days later the same ad gets reposted again and it continues on and on. Like do you wanna sell this shit, or are you just playing around or what? lol.

im selling ps3 games on CL for like $20 each and this guy emailed me being very interested..

Hello ,I would love to buy your item, i am really
> > interested in the item and i will like to know,all i wanna
> > know if it's still in good conditions for use and if
> > you're willing to accept a certified cashier check , I am
> > okay with the price of the item and will make the payment as
> > soon as possible.And also,don't worry about the pick up, i
> > know a forwarding courier services here that will pick it
> > up. And it would be done after you've got your check cashed.
> > I await your response asap and I will response promptly as
> > well.I wouldn't mind a $70 extra for you so you can be able
> > to hold the item for me and also tell other interested
> > parties that it has been sold,because i want to get it for
> > my in law who would be celebrating his birthday soonest,so i
> > wouldn't want to loose the item.If this is okay with get
> > back with the information today to enable me mail out the
> > payment asap.please do not give me P O BOX address only home
> > address because am using Ups service to send this payment
> > out so home address only thanks .
> >
> > Full name... Full address.... City...
> > State... Zip code... phone number...Final asking price
> > .......
> >
> > I await your reply.
> >
> > Kelly Bowman

I replied with this.
> it has become a collectors item and i am asking $1,000 for each game but since the value has tripled since i wrote this sentance, it is $3,000 each. reply if you are seriously interested.

he replied today with this..
Okay am okay witht the amount $3000 send me the information needed and the payment will be issue out fast .Full name... Full address.... City...
State... Zip code... phone number...Final asking price.......

this might've worked on someone but the same person sent me 4 emails saying he is interested in my bicycle/electronic/toy/etc..
must be a scammer in training.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']im selling ps3 games on CL for like $20 each and this guy emailed me being very interested..

Hello ,I would love to buy your item, i am really
> > interested in the item and i will like to know,all i wanna
> > know if it's still in good conditions for use and if
> > you're willing to accept a certified cashier check , I am
> > okay with the price of the item and will make the payment as
> > soon as possible.And also,don't worry about the pick up, i
> > know a forwarding courier services here that will pick it
> > up. And it would be done after you've got your check cashed.
> > I await your response asap and I will response promptly as
> > well.I wouldn't mind a $70 extra for you so you can be able
> > to hold the item for me and also tell other interested
> > parties that it has been sold,because i want to get it for
> > my in law who would be celebrating his birthday soonest,so i
> > wouldn't want to loose the item.If this is okay with get
> > back with the information today to enable me mail out the
> > payment asap.please do not give me P O BOX address only home
> > address because am using Ups service to send this payment
> > out so home address only thanks .
> >
> > Full name... Full address.... City...
> > State... Zip code... phone number...Final asking price
> > .......
> >
> > I await your reply.
> >
> > Kelly Bowman

I replied with this.
> it has become a collectors item and i am asking $1,000 for each game but since the value has tripled since i wrote this sentance, it is $3,000 each. reply if you are seriously interested.

he replied today with this..
Okay am okay witht the amount $3000 send me the information needed and the payment will be issue out fast .Full name... Full address.... City...
State... Zip code... phone number...Final asking price.......

this might've worked on someone but the same person sent me 4 emails saying he is interested in my bicycle/electronic/toy/etc..
must be a scammer in training.[/QUOTE]

I think you should do one of these: http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

Anyone here ever have a successful mail transaction on PayPal? Unless it's relatively local, usually that means it's a scam, right?

Someone wants me to mail him what I had listed, and AFTER he gets it he'll send payment. Of course I declined.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I know that, silly.

But what the hell are the odds that someone would want to make that trade? And I should've mentioned, this isn't the first time he's tried this, he's been doing it for months.[/QUOTE]
I have a random CL story that's kinda along those lines. I had a roommate that stole a bunch of crap from me but also left a pet turtle in an aquarium in the apartment. I listed that thing on CL and a guy called me up that night and traded me BACON WRAPPED STEAKS, LOBSTER, and $40 for it. Apparently he ran his own meat delivery service. I ate well for the next few weeks.

I'm glad their are still sane people out there in craigslist land.

PLEASE STOP POSTING GAMES SAYING "ONLY PLAYED ONCE" (East Bumshag, Egypt)

Date: 2010-01-08, 10:03PM EST
Reply to: see below

I am tired of reading used games for sale saying "Brand New, Only Played Once". Only playing it once makes it a used game and it should be advertised as such. I also read ad's for used games saying "Only Played Once". It doesn't matter if you play a used game once or if you play it three hundred times, as long as it is in good shape who cares how many times it was played. You aren't going to get more money because it was only played once versus three hundred times. I have another complaint too....I see used Playstation 3's and Xbox 360's w/games for sale by individuals that try to make it sound like you're getting a great deal.....for instance they put the price of the console and the games as if they are new.((((( MY EXAMPLE: PS3 plus 5 games for sale for $500.....PS3 + 1 controller=$300, Game 1: $60, Game 2: $50, Game 3 $60, Game 4: $70 (collector's edition), Game 5: $60. If you were to go buy this all new it would be $600. Save $100 and buy it from me.))))) If I was going to fork out $500 for a console/game bundle I would just add an extra $100 to the mix and get a WARRANTY. There are also those that have a system and own it for a month and then want al

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/vgm/1544244679.html

trade me your xbox elite or ps3 for my PIRANHAS (nlv-st rose)

Date: 2010-01-08, 11:15PM PST
Reply to: [email protected]

i have a school of 10 bad ass red belly piranhas for trade. i paid 25 for each fish. 250 for all. they are fun to watch. tear mice up fast. they will shread a live cat fish in seconds. if you have a fish tank and would like to trade let me know. thanks. ill consider all offers and all xboxes. id like a slim ps3 and would throw some cash in.

bread's done
Back