Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

http://wichita.craigslist.org/vgm/1644512705.html

RARE Jakks/Namco Classics TV PlugNPlay Game Ms Pac-Man/Galaga/Mappy... - $50 (wichita)

Rare & hard to find – Collectible!
Ms. Pac-Man is back!

5 of the greatest arcade games of all time!
Includes: Ms. Pac-man, Galaga, Mappy, Pole-Position, Xevious

Sells for up to $149.99 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Jakks-Ms-Pac-...1HGL3COD1QLI7&s=generic&qid=1268621257&sr=1-1

With “twist control” Steering
Simply plug it into your TV, and you're ready to play!
Rated E for everyone
Plugs into the A/V jacks on your TV
All original instructions included
Comes with bonus additional 10’ a/v extension

OMG this one makes me go like this: >_<

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1644626901.html
~~Final Fantasy VIII & IX Black Label & Final Fantasy Chronicles~~ - $1 (San Diego) Date: 2010-03-15, 12:25AM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

You offer the price you're willing to pay for these games,on e-bay they sell them for 30 dollars PER DISC!! no offers lower than 20 bills if you want all 3 then it will cost 200,final fantasy 8 & 9 black label VERY RARE~!!!!
so hit me up if interested~!!! = ^ ^ =

text me at 661-433-8138

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/vgm/1644670300.html

Take a look at the games. Coincidence? I think not.

NINTENDO 64 SYSTEM COMPLETE WITH 12 GAMES ~GREAT DEAL~ ONLY $45 - $45 (Lindenwold, 08021)

Date: 2010-03-15, 7:09AM EDT
0026qi.jpg

Nice attempt at printing the cover off and slapping it on a dvd case and shrink wrapping it.

What a moron.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/vgm/1646168086.html

I am selling the very rare video game Stadium Events for the NES. This one is still sealed!! I am selling this for someone, it's not mine so I don't know much about it. Don't try to shoot me low ball offers though, I know this game is worth hundreds. Email with your offer, I am looking to sell this this coming weekend! So whoever shoots me a good offer and can meet in Carmel will get the game! I am available anytime this coming weekend.

Thanks

3m33ob3l65T05Pf5Rba3f46400de440d11367.jpg
3kb3p03lb5T55Pf5R9a3f148bdb25327a1846.jpg

Craigslist stupidity in general: Why do people put $1 in the title and then when you look at the ad they are selling it for $XX? Do they think that people would say to themselves "Hey, that's only $1. *click* Oh wait its really a lot more than that. I'll buy it anyways."?

Either put the actual price or no price at all.

[quote name='icpmattj']Nice attempt at printing the cover off and slapping it on a dvd case and shrink wrapping it.

What a moron.[/QUOTE]
I like even more that its in a cd/dvd clamshell case. You wouldn't even be able to fit an NES cart in there. Anyways, flagged accordingly.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Craigslist stupidity in general: Why do people put $1 in the title and then when you look at the ad they are selling it for $XX? Do they think that people would say to themselves "Hey, that's only $1. *click* Oh wait its really a lot more than that. I'll buy it anyways."?

Either put the actual price or no price at all.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is cause you can't submit without putting a price, so people put in $1.

[quote name='elessar123']Well, this is cause you can't submit without putting a price, so people put in $1.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you can submit without putting in a price. I do it all the time. People just assume that it is required.

Really? I was posting something the other day, and I could have sworn it gave me an error for not putting in a price. I'll check when I get home.

these are my favorites:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/vgm/1646775540.html

WoW account - 80druid, 80warrior, 80lock, 70paladin, 70hunter - $600 (Sterling Heights)

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/vgm/1646618295.html
Used Xbox Original (Non working use for parts) with 2 games $75 - $75 (Bloomfield Township, Birmingham, Troy)

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/vgm/1645998564.html
WTB Xbox 360 Elite system - $200 (Dearborn, MI)

I know I know that they are $300, but this is craigslist, where people sell the things they don't need for cheaper then stores.
If I wanted to pay $300, I'd go to the store, I'm looking to get a cheaper one.

So I am seriously looking to buy an xbox 360 unopened. I will make sure it was never open. I want it all to be sealed. don't give me bs that you opened it and used it for one day. I want it to be sealed.. factory sealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have report of an actual good deal I got from CL. Last week I scored a slightly used 28in IF281D I-inc monitor with HDMI to DVI cable for 140 bucks! I love gaming with this thing!

[quote name='elessar123']Really? I was posting something the other day, and I could have sworn it gave me an error for not putting in a price. I'll check when I get home.[/QUOTE]

I always assumed it was so that when someone does the price search on top it won't exclude their ridiculously priced item and people will still see it since they put a price range that isn't ridiculous

http://dayton.craigslist.org/vgm/1645971105.html

ps2 games - $35

Games are in great shape.(14 games)

Madden 07
NCAA Football 07
NCAA Fotball 06
NCAA March Madness 2007
NCAA March Madness 2005
NBA Live 2005
Madden 2005
ESPN NFL 2K5
NCAA Football 2003
NBA Shootout 2003
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
World Rally Championship
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Cabela's Outdoor Adventures

:rofl: I feel like emailing him asking if he'll take $5 for everything.

[quote name='Denbo32']What if he actually say yes? you still getting ripped off.[/QUOTE]

u can trade them in gamestop with 50% extra

Check this out. He must have factored in inflation to determine the final price=P

NINTENDO 64 FOR SALE - $350 (fremont / union city / newark)

Date: 2010-03-16, 4:26PM PDT

I AM SELLING A NINTENDO 64 ALL CORDS 3 GAMES SUPER MARIO 64 GAME WAS PURCHASED NEW FOR 100$ BARELY PLAYED. STARWARS BATTLE FOR NABOO EPISODE 1 AND MORTAL KOMBAT SUB ZERO I HAVE PICTURES ALL ITEMS WORK 2 CONTROLLERS 1 ORIGINAL 1 UPGRADED GREEN CONTROLLER WORKS GREAT! LOCAL BUYERS ONLY MUST SELL NOW NOW NOW!!!!! CASH ONLY CAN SET UP PICK UP TIME FROM MY HOME OR OTHERWISE CONTACT ME AT [COLOR="White"][email protected][/COLOR] FOR QUESTIONS/PURCHASING MUST SELL NOW!!!! SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY! NO LO-BALLERS!!! FIRST 350$ OR MORE TAKES IT!!

[quote name='kk012']Check this out. He must have factored in inflation to determine the final price=P

NINTENDO 64 FOR SALE - $350 (fremont / union city / newark)

Date: 2010-03-16, 4:26PM PDT

I AM SELLING A NINTENDO 64 ALL CORDS 3 GAMES SUPER MARIO 64 GAME WAS PURCHASED NEW FOR 100$ BARELY PLAYED. STARWARS BATTLE FOR NABOO EPISODE 1 AND MORTAL KOMBAT SUB ZERO I HAVE PICTURES ALL ITEMS WORK 2 CONTROLLERS 1 ORIGINAL 1 UPGRADED GREEN CONTROLLER WORKS GREAT! LOCAL BUYERS ONLY MUST SELL NOW NOW NOW!!!!! CASH ONLY CAN SET UP PICK UP TIME FROM MY HOME OR OTHERWISE CONTACT ME AT [email protected] FOR QUESTIONS/PURCHASING MUST SELL NOW!!!! SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY! NO LO-BALLERS!!! FIRST 350$ OR MORE TAKES IT!![/QUOTE]

Yeah...you're deal was just way to good for me! I want to pay even more than $350, if that'd be ok with you!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/act/1647788725.html

Not video games but..LMAO:

We are a group of guys who like to drink coffee, smoke cigarettes, shoot guns, start fires and play video games.

Not much room for more big people, but if you are a little person who likes the above things, we want you in our crew.

Send an email with a description and photo and we will invite you to hang out with us to see how you fit in.

Also, you must currently own or be willing to purchase a Zippo lighter.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1647788725

[quote name='starmask2k3']u can trade them in gamestop with 50% extra[/QUOTE]

LOL -- No way GS would take those games. Trade-ins no longer apply to PS2, GCN and XBX titles; only current gen need apply :)

[quote name='davo1224']People's idiocy never ceases to amaze me. You bought it for $100 but want to sell for an additional $250 OR MORE?[/QUOTE]
I bought FFXI 2008 (PS2) for $20 at BB and sold it for $125 used over a year and a half later. Is that a problem?

[quote name='romeogbs19']LOL -- No way GS would take those games. Trade-ins no longer apply to PS2, GCN and XBX titles; only current gen need apply :)[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's not true at all.

[quote name='NaturalHatTrick']http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...endo-games-rare-snes-carts-W0QQAdIdZ191636079

Brothers can be such dicks.[/QUOTE]

Man, his prices SUCK especially considering the games have no labels; he's asking around market value for mint cart copies, in some cases more! PLUS, no way would I buy without testing every single game first. Who's to say the guy didn't remove the labels from 10 copies of SNES Madden he "accidentally" confused with the "rare" games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='romeogbs19']LOL -- No way GS would take those games. Trade-ins no longer apply to PS2, GCN and XBX titles; only current gen need apply :)[/QUOTE]

GS still takes PS2 and GCN games. And the 50% still applies. The TIVs aren't going to blow your mind, though.

[quote name='lmz00']I bought FFXI 2008 (PS2) for $20 at BB and sold it for $125 used over a year and a half later. Is that a problem?[/QUOTE]

Replace "FFXI 2008 (PS2)" with "used Nintendo 64" and it would be more relevant to what that guy was talking about.

[quote name='elessar123']Really? I was posting something the other day, and I could have sworn it gave me an error for not putting in a price. I'll check when I get home.[/QUOTE]

Some of the categories do indeed require a price to be entered in that field, but most categories do not.

I can't even sell my gamecube with several games and acessories for $40 tops but this guy...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/vgm/1649091635.html
Game Cube HD w/games - $495 (milpitas)

I have a game cube HD w/game boy player,games,controllers,HD cable.The player plays game boy advance sp games and game boy games and the game cube discs.The cube has less than three hours maybe even less time on it.21 game discs and 103 + in gba form.Plus i"m throwing in a gba movie player it plays movie,e-books,music,pictures.I'll leave the games i've put on the cf card loaded in the player on it.The HD cable to play the games in HI DEF is included.I also included the wave bird wireless controller. A wired controller.The game boy player is attatched to the cube,it can be removed with screw driver and the cover can be replaced on the unit.Thegames on the cf card are seperate from the games mentioned above.Serious inquiries only.call Brian=XXX-XXX-XXXX!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='crashinsane']I can't even sell my gamecube with several games and acessories for $40 tops but this guy...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/vgm/1649091635.html[/QUOTE]

Well, actually, depending on what games the guy is including here, this isn't a terribly bad deal. The GB players tend to fetch a pretty good sum, and the 100+ GBA titles may include some major ones, too. Gamecube HD cable can be pricey, too, not to mention that Nintendo stopped making the HD Gamecubes a little after the launch consoles to reduce costs.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Well, actually, depending on what games the guy is including here, this isn't a terribly bad deal. The GB players tend to fetch a pretty good sum, and the 100+ GBA titles may include some major ones, too. Gamecube HD cable can be pricey, too, not to mention that Nintendo stopped making the HD Gamecubes a little after the launch consoles to reduce costs.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I dont know what HD cables go for now, but I sold some for $65 a year or so ago. Add in the $35 wavebird, and you already have $100 return. BTW, it looks like he lowered the price by $100 to $395. I would bet he'd go even lower with CIF.

http://providence.craigslist.org/vgm/1649247887.html

Jtag xbox 360 ready to Go can still go online - $1 (south coast)

Date: 2010-03-17, 11:13PM EDT

Ok what we got hear is a xbox 360 that is ready to dump the nand, Only reason i haven't is because my computer is too new and found out it don't have a lpt port. I can show it turns on and prove that kernal is alset for jtagging. Everything is ready to dump the files on your computer, I have wired everything to spec double and tripple checked. using 5 100ohm res and two diodes switching everything is correct, Now i still want a jtag console that has been done already i really don't care if its banned or not im not doing the 10th presitge lobby or anything. And in trade i will give this one thats not banned and ready to go for your jtagged one console for console. Or $100.00 and its yours for the console only!!! i have all the parts for it just don't have in picture just showing its wired to go. 774-627-0539 text only plz

What exactly would the incentive be for someone to trade something that is working for something that needs work?

[quote name='davo1224']Yes but re-read it. He says he can't do it so he wants to trade for one that's already done. What's the incentive for someone to do that?[/QUOTE]

Someone could trade their banned jtagged 360 for an unbanned one? Other than that, no idea.

I have an XBOX 360, 2 controllers, 2 rechargeable batteries for controllers, and 12 games

List of games:
Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Army of Two
Halo 3
Conflict Denied OPs
Madden 08
MX vs. ATV Untamed
Sonic the Hedgehog
Assassins Creed
Pirates of the Carribean
Sonic's Genesis Classics- this game has 40 original Sega Genesis games on 1 disc
XBOX Arcade disc with 5 games on it

Asking $800/OBO Price is negoiable. Looking for a four wheeler. Sport or utility, it doesn't matter. At least 350 cc's. Will trade XBOX and games plus cash for a decent 4 wheeler

Lol i think it's so annoying when people entice you with the number of games, but then it's always a bunch of crap old maddens, old movie games, they count games on compliations seperatley, etc

[quote name='Drclaw411']Lol i think it's so annoying when people entice you with the number of games, but then it's always a bunch of crap old maddens, old movie games, they count games on compliations seperatley, etc[/QUOTE]

On top of that, they claim that Madden 02-Madden 05 are collectibles. Yea, sure, collectibles if you have a budget of $5. (Saw this on a PS2 listing yesterday, PS2 Phat + those 4 Madden games for ~$80)

JTag'd 360s get banned the second they go online so he's just a tard. Then there's the guy selling a scratched COD4 for $30 and lastly someone wanting to trade an Original XBox with 22 games for an XBox 360.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Well, actually, depending on what games the guy is including here, this isn't a terribly bad deal. The GB players tend to fetch a pretty good sum, and the 100+ GBA titles may include some major ones, too. Gamecube HD cable can be pricey, too, not to mention that Nintendo stopped making the HD Gamecubes a little after the launch consoles to reduce costs.[/QUOTE]

At least some of the games (most of the GBA games) are bootlegs, at least that's how I interpret it (not to mention typical lies like "the Gamecube has less than 3 hours on it", give me a break! Plus he doesn't understand the concept of paragraphs or putting spaces after a sentence, so extra FAIL:

"I have a game cube HD w/game boy player,games,controllers,HD cable.The player plays game boy advance sp games and game boy games and the game cube discs.The cube has less than three hours maybe even less time on it. 21 game discs and 103 + in gba form.Plus i"m throwing in a gba movie player it plays movie,e-books,music,pictures.I'll leave the games i've put on the cf card loaded in the player on it.The HD cable to play the games in HI DEF is included.I also included the wave bird wireless controller. A wired controller.The game boy player is attatched to the cube,it can be removed with screw driver and the cover can be replaced on the unit.Thegames on the cf card are seperate from the games mentioned above(227 games).Serious inquiries only.call Brian=408-836-9548!!!!!!!!!!

bread's done
Back