Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='lmz00']Yeah, I know. It just sucks that I'm going to have to go through the trouble of relisting and waiting for those auctions to finish.

On top of that, I also had an iPhone for sale, and the guy that won at the last second turned out to be from India, and wants me to ship to his cousin in the states. Like that's going to happen. Two canceled transactions in one day. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Your picture doesn't have controllers, and the description says console only. Is there any way you can do a second chance offer, so that the 2nd highest bidder would win the auction (the $150 bid by i***m)?

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Your picture doesn't have controllers, and the description says console only. Is there any way you can do a second chance offer, so that the 2nd highest bidder would win the auction (the $150 bid by i***m)?[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I'll look into that.

Just got an e-mail from eBay this morning about the buyer of the iPhone being a "suspicious bidder," and not to complete the transaction (guy is no longer a registered user). Looks like my instincts were correct. :cool:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/vgm/1790674719.html

Xbox 360 arcade- Working perfectly, and if it gets RROD within 6 months I'll take it back. ($110)
MW2- Great condition. ($40)
Cod4- Good condition. ($25)
Halo 3- A little scratched, but still works. ($20)
Madden 10- Perfect condition. ($30)
Madden 09- Perfect condition. ($15)
Guitar hero world tour with mic, 2 guitars, and drums, working perfectly. ($70)
Guitar hero 3 with guitar, working perfectly. ($15)
Guitar hero 2 with guitar, working perfectly. ($10)
Or, get a guitar hero bundle of all three for just $70. (same price as just the world tour, pretty good deal, huh?)
Army of two- perfectly working. ($15)
Skate 1- perfect condition. ($15)
Wireless Adapter- ($60)
60 GB hard drive- ($50)
Turtle Beach X31, like new. ($70)
One wireless white controller ($20) batteries NOT included.
And one last thing, Madden 09 and halo 3 do NOT have cases, so I already took $5 off the price i was going to give.
All of these sold individually comes out to $565, but, if you buy them all at once, I'll give you a bundle, lowering the price to $500. That's a $65 value!!
Or, if you buy 5 or more items at once, we'll figure out a bundle to help you save even more!!

How about...no?

I have one of these limited "addition" things collecting dust too - wonder if I can get a PS3???

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/vgm/1793086870.html

limited addition psp (levittown)

Date: 2010-06-15, 11:43AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I'm trading a limited addition star wats themed psp winter
white and qith darth vaders mask on the back of the psp I am trading it for a 30gb ipod touch or a ps3

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/vgm/1793244557.html

This one's been up for months. Remember, they're rare too.[/QUOTE]

Shit, you think that one's bad? Take a gander at this one. "Two decades" should describe how long this ad is going to be reposted for before it sells, IF it sells. Great bundle, but at that asking price you might as well just list it all individually on ebay/amazon...and STILL probably not clear half of the vgpc "market value". These are the kinds of bundles I used to pick up on craigslist, recycler etc. even ebay in the early days for $100 at most.

"Worth $950 according to videogamepricecharts, selling for half"

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/vgm/1792573630.html

TWO DECADE SNES BUNDLE - $475 (Covina, CA)

Date: 2010-06-14, 9:21PM PDT

This bundle is for the 2D gaming fanatics.

I am selling my SNES, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, along with the 52 games I have amassed over the near two decades that I have owned this machine. Some of the games are rare collectibles, selling for over $60.00 used. Here is the list of all items involved in the bundle:

SNES
1 system unit
1 SNES controller
1 set of A/V cables
1 AC adapter

List of games

Maximum Carnage
Knights of the Round
Cool Spot
Run Saber
Zelda: Link to the Past
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy III
Super Ghouls n’ Ghosts
Super Valis IV
Wanderers from Ys III
Magic Sword
Super R-Type
Super Metroid
Darius Twin
Brawl Brothers
Chrono Trigger
Illusion of Gaia
Space MegaForce
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Breath of Fire
Mega Man X
Super Mario World
Mega Man X2
Final Fight 3
Soul Blazer
Super Turrican
Battletoads/Double Dragon
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
Death and Return of Superman
Thunder Spirits
Final Fantasy II
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
Castlevania Dracula X
Demon’s Crest
Super Castlevania IV
Shadowrun
Skyblazer
Peace Keepers
Lufia
E.V.O.
Batman Returns
King of Dragons
ActRaiser 2
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Shien’s Revenge
Super Double Dragon
Sonic Blast Man II
Axelay
The 7th Saga

Everything in this bundle is GUARANTEED to work and a test can be conducted before departing with the bundle. The cost of this bundle would be around $950.00, as of 6/14/2010 (reference: www.videogamepricecharts.com/console/super-nintendo). I am selling it for HALF: $475.00 OBO. There is a possibility to have items individually sold. However, they will be sold at a higher price individually than they would be as a bundle and the people who offer to buy the bundle will get priority. If there are any questions, please contact me at the e-mail listed. Thank you for your interest.

Okay now WTF?!? $250 FIRM for a Super Nintendo and 3 of the most common games ever? Yeah...pay $250 for this, or $150 for a brand new Wii and at least a dozen retro games via WiiWare.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/vgm/1790805640.html
super nintendo entertainment system - $250 (northridge, granada hills)

Date: 2010-06-14, 4:04AM PDT

original super nintendo entertainment system with original box

was only played when i was younger then stored away for years.

great condition and everything works.

comes with: system, 2 controllers, power cable, RF switch. ALL ARE ORIGINAL PARTS

+ 3 games: Street Fighter 2, Super Mario World, and Madden 97

Price is $250 firm, first come first serve.

call or text me at (818) 521-4956

Beat you to it Budsmoka, here's what our convo looks like thus far.

Me-Im trying to buy that super nintendo, you still got it?

Idiot-Yea

Me- Twenty five, right?

Idiot-Did you want it?

Me- Yeah, twenty five right?

Idiot-250 lol

Me-You want two fifty for a super nintendo and 3 games, you cannot be serious

Idiot- U saw the add, if you dont want it for that price dont ask about it

Me- I thought it was a typo honestly, i dont know why you think its worth close to that amount. You must be on drugs

Idiot-R u really still talking to me, u can stop texting now

Me-Quit wasting peoples time with worthless ads

Idiot-yea

Idiot-your a retard

Me- Wouldn't it be "you're a retard" not "your a retard". You look like the retard to me. I have a playstation one on sale for $400, you interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell him that madden is only worth a dollar and that the other two are only worth about 10. Hell my local shop that sells black label FF7 for $150 sells snes for $60.

Play Station 2 with 27 games - $350
http://easttexas.craigslist.org/vgm/1795632162.html

For Sale: Play Station 2 console, 2 controllers, 2 memory cards, 1 wireless controller, Steering wheel with gas/break pedal, guitar hero guitar without game (guitar hero game has scratch) and 27 games.
Games include: Nascar 2008, Smugglers's Run 2, Speed Racer, Major League Baseball 2K9, Splash Down, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Call of Duty - Finest Hour, Ghost Rider, Over the Hedge, Call of Duty 2 - Big Red One, Iron Man, Motor Storm Arctic Edge, Bee Movie Game, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Spider-Man 2, Open Season, Ben 10 Alien Force, Ben 10 Protector of Earth, ATV 4 Off Road Fury, Space Chimps, Transformers-The Game, Transformers-Revenge of the Fallen, Harley-Davidson- Race to the Rally, Justice League Heroes, X-Men, Kung Fu Panda, and Cars
This is an awesome deal - some of these games we paid $40 to $50 alone.
If interested, send email

[quote name='karkyco']Okay now WTF?!? $250 FIRM for a Super Nintendo and 3 of the most common games ever? Yeah...pay $250 for this, or $150 for a brand new Wii and at least a dozen retro games via WiiWare.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/vgm/1790805640.html
super nintendo entertainment system - $250 (northridge, granada hills)

Date: 2010-06-14, 4:04AM PDT

original super nintendo entertainment system with original box

was only played when i was younger then stored away for years.

great condition and everything works.

comes with: system, 2 controllers, power cable, RF switch. ALL ARE ORIGINAL PARTS

+ 3 games: Street Fighter 2, Super Mario World, and Madden 97

Price is $250 firm, first come first serve.

call or text me at (818) 521-4956[/QUOTE]

I saw this asshole but I figured someone else would post it and CAG never fails

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/vgm/1796131038.html

PSP SLIM 2000 - $180

LIKE NEW WELL TAKEN CARE OF ADULT OWN.ONLY USE IT FOR A FEW TIMES AND JUST SITTING IN MY DESK COLOR IS SILVER COMES WITH CHARGER N 4 GAMES DAXTER, TONY HAWK 2, MADDEN NFL, NEED FOR SPEED & FAMILY GUY MOVIE . WILLING TO TRADE FOR CAR STEREO & AMP OR OTHER. CAN SEND PICTURES IF NEEDED, 602-481-1833
KEYWORD car audio alpine,kicker,rockford fosgate,jl audio. monte carlo, buick regal, rims

LOL a used slim with shit games for more than a new 3000. Daxter's cool, but I can buy that for like 1 dollar, infact I have a copy of it laying around here somewhere.

.__.

monte carlo, buick regal, rims

That explains the stupidity.

I know I know... but I am going to post it anyway....
I think you should pay extra for the fossilized version he is offering. No need to clean any dust off of it. Also, I would be interested in buying the jumper pak also, if that isn't included as well.

Nintendo 64 - $50 (Northwest Vegas)

Date: 2010-06-16, 11:20AM PDT

Nintendo 64. Good condition. Works great. $50 for just game system. $60 for game system and 2 controllers. Call 702-:cool::lol::)-9854 or email.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3nf3k93pb5V35Z05X3a6gd58a8299b63910fc.jpg
3md3p03o65V65Z35S6a6g7a2f78aeecce176f.jpg

While the price might not be stupid, can people please learn how to spell check, not use all caps, and use some punctuation?
VERY RARE NES GAME - $900 (CLOSE TO BR)

Date: 2010-06-16, 8:03PM CDT

I HAVE A RARE 1990 NINTENDO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNIMENT CARTRAGE.DONT KNOW WHAT GAMES R ON IT CAUSE I HAVE NO NES HAS THE TIMER SWICH FOR EACH GAME PLAY SO U CAN BATTLE IT OUT WITH FRIENDS IF U HAVE A NES I SAY A JACK ASS ON HERE CRY ABOUT GETTING USED GAMES ON HERE BUT I WANT TO SEE HIM FIND THIS BAD BOY ON THE GAME STOP WEBSITE 900$ IS THE LOWEST I WILL SELL OUTHER YEAR ONES SOLD FOR A HELL OF A LOT MORE IF INSTRIED DROP ME A LINE ALSO WILL LOOK INTO TRADES TOOCHECK IT OUT ON EBAY AND WE WILL TALK IF INSTRID

3kf3m33la5Y55U35S2a6g37f564b9ae391f89.jpg

I almost want to get it an ebay it (try and double the money), but the way the person types really puts me off. :whistle2:#

"INSTRIED"

how the fuck do you have more than 2 brain cells and spell interested that way?

If there was a god, he'd let that guy walk off a cliff and liberate the SNES game from a dumbass.

[quote name='pjb16']While the price might not be stupid, can people please learn how to spell check, not use all caps, and use some punctuation?

I almost want to get it an ebay it (try and double the money), but the way the person types really puts me off. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Damn, I'd actually be all over that. It's worth quite a bit more than he's asking. $900 firm...hmmm I'm sure someone with such an obvious high level of intelligence an education as the seller would jump at $500 in cash waved in his face. Maybe even throw in a couple of jugs of pappy's whiskey/moonshine and get it for even less.

--------------------------

Here's one that just made me laugh my ass off. Price isn't that terrible, rather it's the pic of the Saran-wrapped NES Deluxe system. Note the Saran-wrapped stack of games in the background, too...wonder if those are included as well?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/vgm/1793288587.html

3n73k73p65Z05W45U0a6f5105fa8dd6331278.jpg

I thought the California Raisins game didn't actually exist, at least as far as a legitimate cart is concerned. It was definitely never released. I can't tell from the pic, but is that a fan/custom cart with the ROM?

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/vgm/1793300117.html

NINTENDO RARE NES GAMES - $450 (OC)

Date: 2010-06-15, 10:21AM PDT

RARE NINTENDO GAMES

CALIFORNIA RAISINS, THE GRAPE ESCAPE

BUBBLE BOBBLE 2

DUCK TALES 2

FIRE N ICE COMPLETE

ALSO INCLUDE

DRAGON WARRIOR
SUPER MARIO 2
SUPER MARIO 3

MARIO/DUCK

WILL ONLY SELL EVERYTHING AS A PACKAGE... will also include a nes system with 2 controls and wires.

$450

SERIOUS BUYER CALL 714-478-1210

This was posted the day before the 1990 World Championship game, and it's pretty much how I feel when I see some things on there.

ALL BATON ROUGE CRAIGSLISTERS READ (baton rouge)

Date: 2010-06-16, 7:09PM CDT

Listen up everybody who deals video games for sale, trade, etc...
If you cannot beat gamestop prices for used games please stop posting ads here. You are wasting peoples time and turning new comers away with your ridiculous prices.
Please use gamestop.com as your guideline when selling stuff here and either match it or beat it. If not you look dumb and starting today i will expose every over priced item until this stops.

Thanks for reading.

[quote name='karkyco']Damn, I'd actually be all over that. It's worth quite a bit more than he's asking. $900 firm...hmmm I'm sure someone with such an obvious high level of intelligence an education as the seller would jump at $500 in cash waved in his face. Maybe even throw in a couple of jugs of pappy's whiskey/moonshine and get it for even less.

[/quote]

Eh, I know it's rare but I could really only find any prices on the Gold version (which there are 26 of).

Yea, I'd be tempted to offer $500, but I'm out of the state right now anyway, so I'd have to wait until the weekend to see if he'd be interested in that price.

What's with the people advertising shit for sale and not saying anything about it? Bragging rights? too lazy to reply to emails? Sell your stuff or gtfo craigslist idiots!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/sys/1799797556.html

This guy is definetly looking for a sucker. No way in hell will you get $850 for a pentium 4. Who would throw THAT much money down on an old computer anyways lol. He adds the LCD and a 320gb hd to make it look high and mighty (yawn....1 terabyte ext. cost $80 now) and says he's "experienced". With $850 you can build a monster with parts off Newegg. Or you can buy 2 brand new laptops at best buy. Experienced in ripping someone off maybe?

[quote name='autopiloton']Pretty sure that is supposed to be $30 - $50 but it wouldn't fit in the field.[/QUOTE]
Yup.. Common sense says tells you it should be $30-50.

120 GIG XBOX 360 ELITE W/ EXTRAS - $400 (HAMMOND LA)

Date: 2010-06-21, 12:23AM CDT

I have a 120 gig xbox 360 elite that is two months old and is in perfect working condition and comes with extras wich will be listed below I am asking 400 dollars for this bundle feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions you may have also must be willing to meat in the Hammond wal-mart parking lot.

ITEMS THAT COME WITH THE BUNDLE

*xbox 360 elite console
*xbox 360 wireless n networking adapter (replaces long ethernet cords with wireless wifi connection for xbox live)
*wireless-b broadband router
*120 gig hard drive
*black xbox 360 head set
*all xbox hook ups

GAMES THAT COME WITH THE BUNDLE

*halo 3
*pure
*lego batman
*viva pinata

You can get a brand new 360 for $300 (that includes everything he's selling plus a bigger HD), and those games are dirt cheap. Oh, I guess the wireless-b router makes it all worth it.

[quote name='autopiloton']Pretty sure that is supposed to be $30 - $50 but it wouldn't fit in the field.[/QUOTE]

I don't care about the title error, his prices are f()cktard shitty.

@YeOldmario:
Hmm...
Direct quote from the link:
"Comes with 2 nunchucks and 2 wii remotes. Will sell with 3 games (Paper Mario, EA Active, and Boom Blocks) for $215 or just Wii for $175. **Also, will accept best offer.** "

So... am I missing something here?

[quote name='kburns10']$45 for GTA IV?! :rofl: I bought that WITH my Xbox 360! And it was $20 at the time! I hope he gets NOTHING out of this post![/QUOTE]

What about $45 for halo 3 :lol:

[quote name='budsmoka']WTF???????????????? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I just e-mailed him asking if he had any pictures of the DS he is selling and he asked me if I could see the pictures posted. I called him out on it saying that's not a DS and he has yet to respond.

Due to rare gems, I'm still checking CL... But woe is me, what great deals.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1803993883.html
Nintendo entertainment system NES (not working) - $35 (La jolla)
Not working but hear they are easy to fix. Worked til a couple years ago. Includes all cables and 2 controllers. Thanks!
Yay, pay $35 for a broken NES with no games. Yea, I'll buy your broken NES for $35 instead of the working ones with games for $20.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1804076271.html
Xbox 360 System 20 GB with 4 controllers - $300
Xbox 360 System with component HD cable, one wired controller and 3 wireless controllers with a 20 GB hard drive. Its in great condition and I have the original box and packaging.

Oh, and not quite CL, but I did find the garage sale on CL. Someone advertised that he was selling a PS2. We show up, and it was a phat. How much did they want for it? Only $150 for the PS2 and Guitar Hero set. Without Guitar Hero, I asked? Oh, they wanted $80.

fuck, I hate San Diego.

BTW, didn't someone else post this in another city? Probably someone in this thread lol
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1803630521.html

[quote name='xpag406']@YeOldmario:
Hmm...
Direct quote from the link:
"Comes with 2 nunchucks and 2 wii remotes. Will sell with 3 games (Paper Mario, EA Active, and Boom Blocks) for $215 or just Wii for $175. **Also, will accept best offer.** "

So... am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

He edited the ad. Probably cause I emailed him.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Yup.. Common sense says tells you it should be $30-50.[/QUOTE]

Grand theft auto 4-$45
Spiderman web of shadows-$40
Madden '09-$40
Burnout Paradise-$40
Destroy all humans (for plain xbox but work on 360)$30
The incredible hulk-$30
Smackdown vs raw '08-$30
The Simpsons game-$35
NBA 2K9-$40

But common sense tells you he's still stupid.

bread's done
Back