Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='tiddled06']http://springfieldil.craigslist.org/vgm/1823548817.html

Really??[/QUOTE]

Not a deal BUT it does depend on what games he has. Now if he had a copy of ICO and some other rare PS2 titles in there, it could actually be worth it.

Now, odds he has those things? Probably very very low.

I've pondered selling off my entire PS2 collection (180+ games). I'd probably ask for a pretty penny on them since I bought practically all of them new, and have a lot of gems in there (Xenosaga trilogy, MGS3 LE, Tales of the Abyss, Ico, etc.).

ps2 smack down WWE shut your mouth - $45

http://greenbay.craigslist.org/vgm/1825480023.html

my friend gave it to me but her dad went to see the real thing and bought it at $120. sh couldnt figure it out. i cant figure it out either. you have to pick it up. mint condition.many wresslers to choose from. ps2. plz call julie at XXXXXXX
thx

People this stupid can actually figure out how to post on Craigslist? I have no idea what the first 2/3 of the posting means, and I'm a bit confused as to how "wrestlers" can be misspelled...

[quote name='romeogbs19']I've pondered selling off my entire PS2 collection (180+ games). I'd probably ask for a pretty penny on them since I bought practically all of them new, and have a lot of gems in there (Xenosaga trilogy, MGS3 LE, Tales of the Abyss, Ico, etc.).[/QUOTE]

Ummm... rare stuff is one thing, but asking for a high price simply because you paid a high price for them way back when is what lands you in this thread. ;)

[quote name='Vulgarism']ps2 smack down WWE shut your mouth - $45

http://greenbay.craigslist.org/vgm/1825480023.html

People this stupid can actually figure out how to post on Craigslist? I have no idea what the first 2/3 of the posting means, and I'm a bit confused as to how "wrestlers" can be misspelled...[/QUOTE]

If I'm understanding it correctly, she got it from her friend because the friend had it, but then the friend's dad bought a second copy at a WWE show for $120. And there's no way in history to make that sound logical.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Ummm... rare stuff is one thing, but asking for a high price simply because you paid a high price for them way back when is what lands you in this thread. ;)[/QUOTE]

Not quite so. All that romeogbs19 needs to do is find one person(be it a CAG or not) who is willing to buy an instant collection of games like I sold in 2008 to afford my first PS3.

Someone from CAG bought them(98 games between the Xbox and PS2)for $450 SHIPPED and while there were a bit more than a handful of 'omg rarez' in there(Ico, Silent Hill 1, Futurama for Xbox, a bunch of others)most were just duplicates of whatever I had for the PS2 and vice versa.

It didn't happen overnight, but someone did end up buying them.

So you can happen to sell older games that aren't particularly rare or sought after IF you strike at the right time.;)

It's not impossible.....but I really thought I'd have had a better chance of winning the lottery than selling the games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Not quite so. All that romeogbs19 needs to do is find one person(be it a CAG or not) who is willing to buy an instant collection of games like I sold in 2008 to afford my first PS3.

Someone from CAG bought them(98 games between the Xbox and PS2)for $450 SHIPPED and while there were a bit more than a handful of 'omg rarez' in there(Ico, Silent Hill 1, Futurama for Xbox, a bunch of others)most were just duplicates of whatever I had for the PS2 and vice versa.

It didn't happen overnight, but someone did end up buying them.

So you can happen to sell older games that aren't particularly rare or sought after IF you strike at the right time.;)

It's not impossible.....but I really thought I'd have had a better chance of winning the lottery than selling the games.[/QUOTE]

Well, you said back in 2008... Probably back when people who aren't collectors were still somewhat into PS2. At this point, PS2 is being phased out and I'm sure that's why we see so many crappy ads on CL. I am sure the person can still get quite a bit for those games, but like you said it wouldn't happen right off the bat.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Well, you said back in 2008... Probably back when people who aren't collectors were still somewhat into PS2. At this point, PS2 is being phased out and I'm sure that's why we see so many crappy ads on CL. I am sure the person can still get quite a bit for those games, but like you said it wouldn't happen right off the bat.[/QUOTE]
There's still people who would buy a big lot of games, if you ask me, even with the PS2 being ready to be retired by Sony. You just have to find the right person who wants them to play and then maybe resell.

Or a collector who will hold onto the lot till PS2 games stop being sold just about everywhere and some of the now 'common' ones become sought after if they're in great shape.

That was another thing about my collection, save for the copy of Futurama(which was clearly Disc Doctored), was that they were all in really great shape and came complete.

Here's an example(completed listing from Ebay of a 140+ game lot, which sold for $500): http://cgi.ebay.com/140-PS2-PS3-Xbo...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a082386da

So yeah, a big game lot can still sell for a good amount of money.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There's still people who would buy a big lot of games, if you ask me, even with the PS2 being ready to be retired by Sony. You just have to find the right person who wants them to play and then maybe resell.

Or a collector who will hold onto the lot till PS2 games stop being sold just about everywhere and some of the now 'common' ones become sought after if they're in great shape.

That was another thing about my collection, save for the copy of Futurama(which was clearly Disc Doctored), was that they were all in really great shape and came complete.

Here's an example(completed listing from Ebay of a 140+ game lot, which sold for $500): http://cgi.ebay.com/140-PS2-PS3-Xbo...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a082386da

So yeah, a big game lot can still sell for a good amount of money.[/QUOTE]

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm focusing my attention on only my PS2 collection, mainly because it's a little easier to find rare games for cheaper and a lot of places and people are getting rid of their stock. I've been able to beef up my collection after selling off most of my PS2 games awhile back, and I haven't spent more than $15 for any of them.

It's just better to bide your time until that person who is looking to buy up lots of PS2 games rolls around and offers you a decent price on em.

That's what I had to do when I sold all of my last gen games for so much was just keep telling all of the cherry pickers NO and refuse to sell them seperately. I had people offering me $5-10 for the better stuff constantly, while leaving behind the rest of the lot. Mind you I expected that but after a while it got quite annoying. I got to the point where I wasn't even being nice about saying no anymore. I would just tell them "either buy the whole lot or get fucked".

Delusional meth-head still won't get the hint. No prices listed, I wonder why? Could it be because he's asking $25 for a cart only copy of Mike Tyson's Punchout?

I'm surprised his latest overposting hasn't been flagged off yet...but again if you want to have some fun, give Jose here a call and ask him what he wants for his little collection here, or even better, try to cherry pick some gems like Suikoden 2...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/vgm/1829092300.html

[quote name='karkyco']Delusional meth-head still won't get the hint. No prices listed, I wonder why? Could it be because he's asking $25 for a cart only copy of Mike Tyson's Punchout?

I'm surprised his latest overposting hasn't been flagged off yet...but again if you want to have some fun, give Jose here a call and ask him what he wants for his little collection here, or even better, try to cherry pick some gems like Suikoden 2...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/vgm/1829092300.html[/QUOTE]

Just admit it, you'd miss the crazy fella if he stopped posting his games on Cragislist ;)

Yet another person begging for your free stuff... Make sure it's in great condition and sell it to me dirt cheap....

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/wan/1831380982.html

Nintendo 64 (N64) Wanted! - $1 (Henderson)

Date: 2010-07-07, 9:08PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I'm looking for a great working condition Nintendo 64 w/ games and at least 2 controllers. Games I'm looking for are: 007: GoldenEye, Mario Kart, any Disney kid games, Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire and others. I'm on a budget so don't bother with inflated prices. But please let me know if you can help. Thanks!

^ For some reason, that post reminds me of the "Give me a Chick-fil-A sandwich and some waffle fries. For free." video.

Is there an ebay stupidity thread?

I just found this:

Transformers: War for Cybertron (Xbox 360, 2010)
BRAND NEW USED ONCE TO INSURE QUALITY

ummm it's used dumbass.

(and it's ensure)

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']From the Best of Craigslist...lol. I loled at this part:

"You will not look directly at me, only look at the TV."[/QUOTE]

LOL that's great.:lol:

yay i knew wireless instruments weren't cool time to cash in.:D
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/vgm/1833203994.html
ROCKBAND FULL SET AND MORE - $300

"Hey i have a rock band fullset for sale it includes 3 rock band guitars,a microphone,
and a drum set retail vale is well over 500$
..This is a great deal but dont be shy make me an offer..
or ill trade let me know what u have!!"

and here's a great deal on a used 360 to go with it.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/vgm/1832328470.html

Great XBOX 360 package deal - $325 (Mission Viejo)

Date: 2010-07-08, 11:49AM PDT
Reply to: see below

XBox 360, Hard Drive 60 Gb, Wired Controller, Madden 10', Left 4 Dead 2 and Nascar 09'.

Last edited by a moderator:
This posting was just kind of strange and a bit confusing... did the games float away and now they're looking to track them down, or do they really think that they'll be able to find a lot of these various PAL/import games for sale in rural Pennsylvania/West Virginia/Maryland? Why does it matter that he's a journalist?

A friend of mine lost a large collection of his video games in a flood. He is an avid collectot along as a journalist.
The game he his looking for are as follows;
Fighter's Destiny - N64 US
South Park - N64 US
GoldenEye - N64 US
Mario 64 - N64 Japan
Yoshi's Story - N64 Japan
Mario Kart 66 - N64 Japan
War Gods - N64 US
Mischief Makers - N64 Japan
Starfox 64 - N64 Japan
Hexen - N64 US
Turok - N64 PAL
Turok 2 - - N64 PAL
Turok: Rage Wars - N64 PAL
Castlevania - N64 PAL
Mystical Ninja - N64 PAL
Mystical Ninja 2 - N64 PAL
Quake 64 - N64 PAL
DOOM 64 - N64 US
WCW/NWO Revenge - N64 US
Crusin' USA - N64 US
Mortal Kombat 64 - N64 US
MArio Kart 64 - N64 US
MK Mythologies: Sub Zero - N64 US
Banjo Kazooie - N64 US
Banjo Tooie - N64 US
Top Gear Rally - N64 US
Blast Corps - N64 US
Extreme G - N64 PAL
Wrestlemania 2000 - N64 PAL
Zelda: Orcaina of Time - N64 PAL
Carmageddon 64 - N64 PAL
Forsaken - N64 PAL
1080 Snowboarding - N64 Japan

Rainbow Islands - Master System

Torico - Saturn PAL
Resident Evil - Saturn PAL
Mighty Hits - Saturn PAL
Sega Rally - Saturn PAL
Johna Lomu Rugby - Saturn PAL

Baseball Stars - Neo Geo AES
Art of Fighting - Neo Geo AES

Lemmings 2 - Mega Drive/Genesis PAL
Revenge of Shinobi - Mega Drive/Genesis Japan

Kirby's Adventure - NES PAL
Wrath of the Black Manta - NES PAL

Here's a good one, he's only asking $700.

http://elmira.craigslist.org/sys/1834001464.html

Wii system 2 controlers, 2 nunchucks, twin charging station, 10+games, new not in box but have all the paper work.

Thanks

Corey

3kc3m33p45O05Z35S0a798629dadc2a5a1020.jpg

[quote name='confoosious']even new, is that package worth $700 retail?[/QUOTE]

I am figuring about $400 - $450 brand new... WITHOUT SHOPPING AROUND...

just going down to the local game store and buying the games and accessories...

[quote name='Indiana Jones']So is it donated or donate? :)

If they were really needy, a PS1 or PS2 would suffice as games would be super cheap to come by.[/QUOTE]

I bet you if you offered a PS2 for free, "they" would turn it down.

Runescape worker, at your service.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/vgm/1834773773.html

hey i am a runescape worker and i have been in trouble with my boss so i got mad at him and i know all of the secrets to help u get to level 100 or so so send me ur username and password and ill bot it and level in LIKE A DAY.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/vgm/1833811642.html

I have a ps3 Slim bought in january with 20 downloaded games , they are .......

This is a $600 Value im selling it for $350, And this is what i will trade For a Xbox 360 slim with games., A big lcd hdtv,, gocart, very good gaming laptop with game if any

Boy, a PS3 for a gaming laptop? Scratch that, he wants a go cart!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']I bet you if you offered a PS2 for free, "they" would turn it down.[/QUOTE]
Why is it that needy families almost always need the latest and greatest game system. Hell, if somebody in my town posted that they were a needy family and wanted a gaming system, I'd offer up my old PS1 with some free games to go along with it. But a PS3? Seriously?

[quote name='bigjunior']I had a girl that wanted ME to play smb while in the above scenario. Should I have let her go?? maybe i should give her a call....[/QUOTE]

Uhhhhhh.... so you're the catcher?

So if someone would be so kind as to answer whether there's an analog for this thread for ebay? I always find stupid shit on ebay. Like a new bioshock 2 platinum edition.

[quote name='confoosious']Uhhhhhh.... so you're the catcher?

So if someone would be so kind as to answer whether there's an analog for this thread for ebay? I always find stupid shit on ebay. Like a new bioshock 2 platinum edition.[/QUOTE]

lol no. guess I should have clarified. she's catching. I'm playing smb. but not smb2. Guess she had issues with that game.

[quote name='bigjunior']lol no. guess I should have clarified. she's catching. I'm playing smb. but not smb2. Guess she had issues with that game.[/QUOTE]
Everyone did. Good game, cheap rip oif DDP.

Ahh! WHy don't people look at where I live before they call? Everytime I say what city they go "where's that?". Gees, I don't know, if you don't know where it is, you likely won't come out and pick it up. I just start hanging up on people when they don't know where it is.

[quote name='bigjunior']lol no. guess I should have clarified. she's catching. I'm playing smb. but not smb2. Guess she had issues with that game.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, I can imagine...she didn't want you reaching down, grabbing a handful of her muff and trying to yank a turnip out of her cooch :hot:

80g playstation 3 - $650 for everything
Adult owned
Excellent condition
Backwards compatible with ps1

Accessories
DVD Remote (picture not included)
Original box
User’s manuals
a/c power cord
Ps3 compatible rca cord
1 hdmi cord
2 controllers
2 chargers for the controllers

Games:
Afrosamurai
Assasin’s creed
Call of duty 3
Call of duty 4 modern warfare
Call of duty world at war
The incredible hulk
Heavenly sword
God of war collection (1&2)
God of war 3
Dark sector
Lego batman
Lego starwars
Lord of the rings conquest
Lost planet
Mortal kombat vs dc universe
Prince of Persia
Enemy territory quake wars
Resistance 2
Soul caliber 4
Spiderman web of shadows
Turok
Tekken 3 (playstation 1)
Tekken 6

Seems steep to me

[quote name='drooli']80g playstation 3 - $650 for everything
Adult owned
Excellent condition
Backwards compatible with ps1

Accessories
DVD Remote (picture not included)
Original box
User’s manuals
a/c power cord
Ps3 compatible rca cord
1 hdmi cord
2 controllers
2 chargers for the controllers

Games:
Afrosamurai
Assasin’s creed
Call of duty 3
Call of duty 4 modern warfare
Call of duty world at war
The incredible hulk
Heavenly sword
God of war collection (1&2)
God of war 3
Dark sector
Lego batman
Lego starwars
Lord of the rings conquest
Lost planet
Mortal kombat vs dc universe
Prince of Persia
Enemy territory quake wars
Resistance 2
Soul caliber 4
Spiderman web of shadows
Turok
Tekken 3 (playstation 1)
Tekken 6

Seems steep to me[/QUOTE]

Actually, that seems pretty fair.

That said, I'm not interested at all -- but just saying ;-)

If it was legit one of them could just be taken back to the store.

Though that phone number is found elsewhere on Google too. He's apparently a GM Legacy fan.

bread's done
Back