Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='aptanor']Sure they can charge you, but you can screw over other users, or you could just steal somebody's card.[/QUOTE]

I know that and the listing posted was probably just that.. somebody with a stolen credit card. I was just addressing the other poster who said it is an honor system at redbox.

Bottom line there are thieves everywhere and they hurt all of us.

Original Atari 30 years old, so if must be worth CRAZY money right?!? Even comes with an extra counsel! Make an offer - how about $5?

Original Atari 2600 30 years old with games collectible - $500 (Glendale)

Date: 2011-09-23, 11:15AM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Original 30 year old Atari 2600 game counsel still operating with a slew of games. comes with an extra early 1980 Atari 2600 game counsel Joysticks 2 sets of paddle controllers, TV connector for the S port or whatever , to play. collectible, cash only, make me an offer

[quote name='aptanor']http://staugustine.craigslist.org/vgm/2618626669.html

:I[/QUOTE]

WTF?!? Can anyone make sense of this shit? I can't understand the giant run on sentence about exactly what he is selling, and how much he is asking. He says he needs the money for a 3DS, but I think 3DS is code for crack, meth, krokodil or some other illicit narcotic.

Is this guy a meth head tweaker who is fiending for his next score? Here's the ad from above:

------------

Selling alot of stuff ps1 GBA SP Collectables - $300 (St.augustine)

Date: 2011-09-26, 3:38PM EDT

trading this and games like RE2 for ps1 and megaman legends for ps1 mario cart 64 all for 150 good deal all systems games work have a case for GBA SP if you want to throw in 100 more dollars I will give you two detailed kasume Status from DoA and mini ones I need money for a 3DS oh ya GBA SP has hook ups to outer GBA and gamecube if that's not it I will proble throw in a for only100 dollar I'm willing to make changes in price feel free to text me at 905-364-3406 if you can't get me on that email me at Tigerex @ live .com our trade me legend of Zelda ocarina of time 64 gold or normal or legend of Zelda majoras mask gold holo are normal Cash only deal!!!!!!!!!!!! Our trade fora Psp 3000 our a wii Our DS my cells down so email me

[quote name='karkyco']WTF?!? Can anyone make sense of this shit? I can't understand the giant run on sentence about exactly what he is selling, and how much he is asking. He says he needs the money for a 3DS, but I think 3DS is code for crack, meth, krokodil or some other illicit narcotic.

Is this guy a meth head tweaker who is fiending for his next score? Here's the ad from above:

------------

Selling alot of stuff ps1 GBA SP Collectables - $300 (St.augustine)

Date: 2011-09-26, 3:38PM EDT

trading this and games like RE2 for ps1 and megaman legends for ps1 mario cart 64 all for 150 good deal all systems games work have a case for GBA SP if you want to throw in 100 more dollars I will give you two detailed kasume Status from DoA and mini ones I need money for a 3DS oh ya GBA SP has hook ups to outer GBA and gamecube if that's not it I will proble throw in a for only100 dollar I'm willing to make changes in price feel free to text me at 905-364-3406 if you can't get me on that email me at Tigerex @ live .com our trade me legend of Zelda ocarina of time 64 gold or normal or legend of Zelda majoras mask gold holo are normal Cash only deal!!!!!!!!!!!! Our trade fora Psp 3000 our a wii Our DS my cells down so email me[/QUOTE]

LOL. I am really starting to think Craigslist is not real. EVERYTHING I see besides the garage sales are just crazy insane posts. People asking outrageous money that is 3-10x higher than retail. That or like you said it is full of druggies and or ten 10 year olds trying to sell what they stole from their friends bags.

I don't know but one thing is for certain... craigslist is INSANE!!!

I've talked to the guy before actually, when he was looking to trade for some PS2 games I had. He makes no more sense via text message, unfortunately.

Does anyone know of any craigslist spam flagging crew or brigade to enlist to help nuke a commercial spammer? I've heard there are such groups out there that enjoy flagging the spammers off the site.

There's a mattress store in LA that posts 100+ ads with the title "WE'RE A STORE" in the title, and all their ads show up when I search for "RE" in titles (looking for entertaining responses and replies to ads). Here's what I mean.

I know it's nothing but a minor annoyance to have to wade through their crap, but I actually ended up searching for their phone number and these spammers post well over a thousand ads at a time. They are major craigslist TOS violators. I would've just used craigsflagger.com but that site is gone.

I think that using the "contact us" form on the main page works pretty well. They permanently removed posts from some scammers selling $500 gift cards for $200 and then robbing people who showed up when I used that form.

They also have banned/removed someone who was constantly posting xbox "backups" for sale in my area. It's been a few weeks and his posts have not re-appeared, fortunately.

I think they do pay attention to the contact form emails they get.

Pokemon Emerald Sealed-199

Pokemon Emerald-Not opened-factory seal
Sells for $199 on amazon (Save $20)
Please E-mail if interested!!!

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2617094506
-----------------

Basing it off of Amazon pricing is kind of hilarious to me.

Gamecube w/games,controllers,and memory cards - $200 (winfield kansas)

Date: 2011-08-20, 4:01PM CDT

A nintendo gamecube with 5 games(madden 05,madden 08, nba 05,wwe game and another game), 2 memory cards, 2 game contollers, and a controller extender. I am hoping for 250 beacuse retail priceis 300. Thanks and text or call any questions to 620-262-5514.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/ele/2557305058.html

Game boy advance purple
Game boy power pack and charger
battery cover gamer grip.
A lot of games:
Legend of Zelda worth $240+ (original game boy, prior to gameboy color.) still works
Metal Walker for Game Boy color
Trouballs gameboy color
Tony Hawk pro skater gameboy color
Spyro 2 season of flame GBA
Pokemon leaf green GBA
Texas Hold 'em poker GBA
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 GBA
The URBZ sims in the city GBA
World Championship Poker GBA
Yu-Gi-Oh! GBA
Sims City 2000.
All of the games work and work on this gameboy. it would make a perfect gift for a kid for Christmas. Take it or leave it. as the title says it has a $240 game. so the full package is worth over $350 if sold to the right person. I'm currently in the process of moving and need to sell a lot of my stuff. This is the only game system i am selling. I am firm on the price. email me if you are interested. I have the pictures the whole lot, the games, the system, and the Zelda game itself

-------

The pictures the seller provided shows cart only games, and the label on zelda is partially torn...i'm tempted to email and ask where he got the $240 from, even brand new ebay ones ar eonly $180 as of this morning.

Nintendo Entertainment System - $60 (Lenexa)

Date: 2011-09-29, 12:30PM CDT
Up for grabs if my Nintendo Entertainment System. It includes Power Chord, av cables, 2 controllers, system, and 6 games. ---- ASKING $60

Games are: Hoops / Track n Field / Mag Max / California Games / Double Dribble / Mario/Duckhunt

emails go to my phone or call or text 913 - 54 xxx - 3 Seven 7 xxx

-------------------

a power chord! but does he know all about virtuoso and trembalos and arpeggios??

Ps3 games for subway - $5

Mortal combat 2011
La noire
Killzone 3
Saints row 2
Madden 10
Madden 11
Tiger woods 12 masters
Little big planet
UFC 2010
Mag
And more...

I'm very hungry and need a subway sandwich. Chicken teriyaki on italian herb and cheese with extra American cheese, lettuce tomato onion with extra southwest chipotle sauce and extra sweet onion sauce. Please don't poison it when you bring it as I would like to eat another one tomorrow.

If you get a 50$ gift card to subway I will give you 6 games.
---------------------
LOL

PS3 - $75 (Long Beach, WA)
Date: 2011-09-29, 11:42PM PDT
I am looking for a PS3 that is in good condition.

I am looking to buy one on Oct 3, or later. The LB Peninsula, Astoria and Warrenton are the main places that I'm looking for it in.

Am, also, looking for an HDMI TV/Screen to buy. (My Grandson's assure me that this will make using the PS3 a better experience)

I prefer to meet at a place with free Wifi, like Starbuck's or McDonald's, so that I can see that they work.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2624878753

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2625650464.html

1989 Game Boy with 8 Games - $200 (East Side)

Date: 2011-09-30, 1:32PM CDT

1989 Gameboy Model No. DMG-01 (works fine)
Rechargeable Battery Pack Model N. DMG-03
NAKI Magnifying Glass
Games:
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Yoshi's Cookie
Super RC Pro-Am
Mega Man III
The Legend of Zelda
NHL Hockey 95
Frogger
Monopoly

Custom Carrying Cases for both the GameBoy and the games.

All parts and pieces: $200
5O35W35U33nd3oe3l8b9uadd46ee1d28d1245.jpg

This guy seriously believes that this game boy shit is worth $200.
He should be happy if someone pays him $50 for it all.

Nintendo Gamecube. Huge bundle - $80 (Mission Valley)

Date: 2011-09-30, 8:55PM PDT

I have a gamecube with everything included to get you started playing right away. There is all the cables, 3 controllers, 4 memory cards, gameboy adapter and 14 games. Selling for 80$.

Time splitters 2
NBA street 2
007 nightfire
Top gun combat zones
Dave Mirra 2
Nascar 2005
Mvp baseball 2005
Madden 2007
Star Wars Rebel Strike
Nba Live 2005
Madden football 2004
Madden football 2006
Nhl Hockey
Mvp Baseball 2004
madden football 2005

All games in great condition and comes with original case and booklet. Please email or call/text 530-351-5596 if you have any questions or would like pictures. Have a great day.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/2619116013.html

[quote name='pollmonster']Nintendo Gamecube. Huge bundle - $80 (Mission Valley)

Date: 2011-09-30, 8:55PM PDT

I have a gamecube with everything included to get you started playing right away. There is all the cables, 3 controllers, 4 memory cards, gameboy adapter and 14 games. Selling for 80$.

Time splitters 2
NBA street 2
007 nightfire
Top gun combat zones
Dave Mirra 2
Nascar 2005
Mvp baseball 2005
Madden 2007
Star Wars Rebel Strike
Nba Live 2005
Madden football 2004
Madden football 2006
Nhl Hockey
Mvp Baseball 2004
madden football 2005

All games in great condition and comes with original case and booklet. Please email or call/text 530-351-5596 if you have any questions or would like pictures. Have a great day.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/2619116013.html[/QUOTE]

That one isn't too freakin' nuts, there could be $50 of value in there with the extra controllers, memory cards, and gba player. Get it for $20 and you have room for flipping.

Last edited:
XBox 360 Games Fable 2, FFXIII, Dead Space 2, Dirt, Dragon Age, CHEAP! - $5 (Irvine, Woodbury area)

Date: 2011-10-03, 6:04PM PDT
SUPER CHEAP XBOX 360 GAME BLOWOUT

Final Fantasy XIII (3 discs): $15
Dead Space 2: $18
Dirt: $8

Dragon Age: Origins: $8
Sega Superstars Tennis: $5
Fable 2: $8
Buy multiple games, get a discount. Email me, and make an offer.

Or take ALL of the above games for $100.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2627571351
Uh.. I don't get the math here..

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2632197017.html

Sega Genesis 16 Bit the Original - $200

Date: 2011-10-04, 12:44PM CDT

I have the orignial Sega with 13 Sports games and four controlers! I want $300 for it all but is willing to negotiate or make a trade for something I might like to have! So please feel free too contact me at 414-378-4344 and as for Cartwheel Raincoat!

$300 for a sega genesis and 13 sports games.

Ask for Cartwheel Raincoat!

[quote name='ifacebook']Uh.. I don't get the math here..[/QUOTE]

It not that funny. The seller edited it when he sold stuff and was fat and to lazy to read all of it. Simple.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2632948134.html

6 Gameinformers - $30 (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)

Date: 2011-10-04, 7:11PM CDT

I have 6 Gameinformers all in great condition. I am selling these so i can buy me Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

You can Contact me at the number (414) 344-1203

*Willing to trade for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2*

6 magazines for $30 is one heck of a deal!

I a gunna buy me modern warfare 2 I is with those there game informers, my ma tol me if I milk the cows every day I could afford an xbox for modarn warfare where the turrists get shotted!

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2632825159.html
SNES Legends of Zelda and Zelda II (Milwaukee )

Date: 2011-10-04, 5:56PM CDT

I am selling my Legends of Zelda and Legends of Zelda II games for SNES.
Best offer by Friday gets them!

I have other games too so if you want something, ask and I'll let you know if I have it!

The SNES versions are so much better.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2632765161.html
Gears Of War 3 & FIFA 12 - $50 (Milwaukee,Wi)

Date: 2011-10-04, 5:21PM CDT

These games were bought on the day they came out and well i've played gears of war 3 story mode not much of champagne and as for fifa 12 it's not my thing! so if your interested in buying any of the games please give me a call at 414-559-9780 ask for ERIK.....Thanx or reply in a EMAIL :)

The free champagne that came with Gears 3 really wasn't anything special. I could buy a $10 bottle of bubbly at the liquor store that tasted better. THANX EMAIL ERIK

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2633042342.html

Wtb dark souls for ps3 - $35 (southside milwaukee)

Date: 2011-10-04, 8:13PM CDT

i know someone has bought this game and cant handle the challenge so if not then ill take it off your hands

CAN'T HANDLE THE CHALLENGE? WELL I CAN'T HANDLE THE PRICE, SELL IT TO ME CHEAP, BRO!

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2584132806.html
Battlefield Badcompany 2 !!!! - $25 (Milwaukee)

Date: 2011-10-04, 6:49PM CDT

Battlefield badcompany 2

I just bought game last month, and do not play Xbox much.

The game is in great condition. Its 50$ new in stores, 35$ used.

Im only asking $25.00. Great deal.

If you have any questions you can call or text me at (414)551-9265. Ask for Ryan, thank you...

I don't think BC2 has been $50 retail for 6 months or more. This was posted today!

Last edited:
PLAYSTATION 2 WITH GAMES - $250 (Tierrasanta)

Date: 2011-10-04, 11:43PM PDT

playstation 2 slim silver with games. still works as if new, includes 2 working controllers and 2 working memory cards wiped clean. if you are interested e-mail me or call me at 1-619-756-3372
the games are as follows:
Namecomuseam Collection
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Test Drive Eve Of Destruction
MVP NCAA Baseball 2006
NCAA Football 2007
Sprint Cars Road To Knoxville
Nascar 2005 Chase For The Cup
Nascar 2007
Def Jam Vendetta

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/2633346037.html

Selling Sega Genesis - $100 (Spring Valley)

Date: 2011-10-05, 10:14AM PDT

I have an Sega Genesis that I Need To Sell To Pay My Books
Sega Genisis Is In Great Working Condition
- I Have All Cords For The System
- Comes With 2 Controllers
- Comes With A Game ( Sonic The HedgeHog)

PRICE IS ** Negoitable **

*************************************** SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY ******************************************************

Contact Me At (619) 475-8392 Best Time To Call After 6pm

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/2633967421.html

:rofl:

[quote name='CAG90210']Ps3 games for subway - $5

Mortal combat 2011
La noire
Killzone 3
Saints row 2
Madden 10
Madden 11
Tiger woods 12 masters
Little big planet
UFC 2010
Mag
And more...

I'm very hungry and need a subway sandwich. Chicken teriyaki on italian herb and cheese with extra American cheese, lettuce tomato onion with extra southwest chipotle sauce and extra sweet onion sauce. Please don't poison it when you bring it as I would like to eat another one tomorrow.

If you get a 50$ gift card to subway I will give you 6 games.
---------------------
LOL[/QUOTE]

This made my day LOL. Heck,I'll buy as many subs as youd like for all of them xD

Some winners out there today, guys. These all appear to be from the same genius looking to get hundreds of dollars for the junk sitting in his garage for the last 10 years.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2618748616.html

Sega Dreamcast System and Extras - $275 (Waterford, WI)

Date: 2011-10-05, 9:16PM CDT

Sega Dreamcast Game System

Previously Used and Tested -- Works Well!

Cash or Square Credit Card Transactions Only Please.

System Carrying Case (Enough Space for System and two Controllers)

Controllers (4):
- Dreamcast, HKT-7700 (2)
- MadCatz, 4599CPB (2)

Controller Attachments:
- Memory Unit with LCD, HKT-7000
- Performance Memory Card, P-20-316
- Cord Extender (2)
- Skillz DC 2 in 1 (2)

Discs (77, Originals Listed):
- Quake III Arena
- Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
- Test Drive 6
- Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire
- South Park: Chef's Luv Shack
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Rippin' Riders: Snowboarding
- WWF Attitude
- Iron Aces
- Soul Calibur
- Crazy Taxi
- 4x4 EVO
- MSR: Metropolis Street Racer
- NFL 2K2
- NFL 2K
- Web Browser 2.0
- MDK2
- Tokyo Xtreme Racer

5Z45T25U63nd3p03ldb9q2de32b3b99181a8d.jpg
5W15U45X43n23o23p2b9qc1172bf42cc0103e.jpg

It continues to amaze me that people think that copied games have any value at all for reselling. And even without the hordes of CDRs in this lot, $275 is still laughable for the mediocre dreamcast games included.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2618424402.html

Super Nintendo System, Super Scope Gun, & More - $320 (Waterford, WI)

Date: 2011-10-05, 9:18PM CDT

Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Previously Used. Works - Recently Tested. Cash or Square Credit Card Transactions Only Please.

Controllers - 4:
Super Pad by Performance
Super Nes, Model # SNS-005
High Frequency (Basic)
High Frequency (Advanced -- Slow Motion, Auto, Turbo and Normal Settings)

Game Titles - 19 (* Instruction Booklet Included):
Super Scope 6
F-Zero
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
WWF Raw: Wrestling's Rudest and Roughest!
Nickelodeon: AAAHH!!! Real Monsters
Spider-man/X-Men: Arcade's Revenge
Mega Man X
Battleclash
Super Mario: All Stars
Super Punch Out!!
StarFox
Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge
Total Carnage
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!*
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy, Starship Bridge Simulator*
Super Mario Kart*
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, Featuring IvanOoze, Manual Cover Missing*
College Slam*
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (Pocket Guide Included)*

Independent Instruction Booklets - 2 (No Game Included):
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Bomberman 2

Additional Items - 6:
Game Genie: Video Game Enhancer (w/Instruction Booklet & Code UpdateVolume 2, #2)
Super Game Boy Unit (w/Instruction Booklet)
Super 5-Play Controller Attachment
Super Scope (Includes Receiver and Adjustable Eyepiece)
Four Plastic Game Protectors
Super Nes Cleaning Cartridge

5U65P05X13nb3mb3leb9qb75f948a0ff71ea8.jpg
5O65T55W43k13pa3odb9q8566d89b3c1316bd.jpg

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2618564768.html

Nintendo Entertainment System & More - $120 (Waterford, WI)

Date: 2011-10-05, 9:18PM CDT

Nintendo Entertainment System

Previously Used, Faded Red Marks on Right Side of System Top. Should Work, Not Recently Tested. Cash or Square Credit Card Transactions Only Please.

Controllers - 2:
Nintendo NES-004 (2, slight wear marks on back)

Game Titles - 7:
Lemmings
Skate or Die
Super Mario Bros. 3
Contra
Mario is Missing!
George Foreman's KO Boxing
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt

Additional Item:
One Plastic Game Protector
5V55W25R23mf3o63lfb9q0aa0e1d671ef1597.jpg
5O05Q25R63ma3o53l0b9qdf342b2cdb0d12e9.jpg
5Y05X45R33n83k33meb9qfc1f5721ebc61648.jpg

5Y35W15X33k03pf3lcb9q8d4e220399801fb2.jpg

Thanks for the pictures of the back of the controllers, asshole.

Where do these people see people paying these prices for this stuff? Do they just hope they can pull one over on somebody?

[quote name='jer7583']It continues to amaze me that people think that copied games have any value at all for reselling.[/quote]
I know, right?! Whenever I go to a yard sale, I always see people with binders full of copied movies that they're trying to sell for a dollar each. I might pay a dollar for the whole set, but not for movies that I can just download and burn myself. My sister-in-law and her husband will actually go to the swap meet and spend $5 (each) on bootleg movies just because they almost look like the real thing.

[quote name='jer7583']Where do these people see people paying these prices for this stuff? Do they just hope they can pull one over on somebody?[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming they go to Amazon and/or eBay, look at the highest price, and think "Hot damn, this thing is worth a fortune!" They're all too lazy (or stupid) to watch for a few days and see how much people are actually paying.

[quote name='ZombieToast']
I'm assuming they go to Amazon and/or eBay, look at the highest price, and think "Hot damn, this thing is worth a fortune!" They're all too lazy (or stupid) to watch for a few days and see how much people are actually paying.[/QUOTE]

Especially when you include lines like this - "Should Work, Not Recently Tested."

You know you should be paying top dollar amazon marketplace prices!

bread's done
Back