Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='AugustAPC']http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/vgm/3370948399.html

Only $450 for a NES with some incredibly common games! Don't worry though, this seller has seen these systems go for over $500 with no games at all!

1ST GEN Nintendo Entertainment system. Collectors itm - $450 (yulee)

I have A first gen NES from 1985 in just about mint condtion. org it was the big pack, with 2 controllers and gun with maro and duckhunt . all cords power pak, 2 controllers the zap gun, and comes with 8 games, the orginal mario and duckhunt, Super mario 2 and super mario 3, DR mario, Ghosts & Goblins, snake rattle n roll, Solstice quest for demnos, & deadly towers are the games that come with it.

With duck hunt,, with this old tec, gun wont work with a LCD TV for duck hunt so I have a 21in normal TV to go with it

Grate for bringing back memorys or to get you kids in to the gameing age the right way =)..
I have seen these systems go for 500$ on e-bay with no games at all.
It's a clean system and works,, but of corse every now and then you got to give it the old school blow out =)
450$ OBO First come first serve.
if insterested call or text for more info, "Buddy" xxx-xxx-xxxx
[/QUOTE]

I don't see the problem... $450 is a "grate" price!

and btw I am so tired of people saying "it works" as if that justifies the price or that its a selling point. Its like they are implying that if it didn't work then people would still want it, just for $200 instead of $450. IF IT DIDN'T WORK WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SELL IT?! I think I'm gonna open a restaurant and sell cheeseburgers for $500 and advertise them as "still edible!"

Only $450 for a NES with some incredibly common games! Don't worry though, this seller has seen these systems go for over $500 with no games at all!

I have A first gen NES from 1985 in just about mint condtion. org it was the big pack, with 2 controllers and gun with maro and duckhunt . all cords power pak, 2 controllers the zap gun, and comes with 8 games, the orginal mario and duckhunt, Super mario 2 and super mario 3, DR mario, Ghosts & Goblins, snake rattle n roll, Solstice quest for demnos, & deadly towers are the games that come with it.

With duck hunt,, with this old tec, gun wont work with a LCD TV for duck hunt so I have a 21in normal TV to go with it

Grate for bringing back memorys or to get you kids in to the gameing age the right way =)..
It's a clean system and works,, but of corse every now and then you got to give it the old school blow out =)
[/QUOTE]

If he was really your "buddy," he'd take a cool $20 on the lot :cool:

[/QUOTE]

I feel like texting him and offering $40 on the lot

[quote name='crows in black']I think I'm gonna open a restaurant and sell cheeseburgers for $500 and advertise them as "still edible!"[/QUOTE]

As long as they are edible I'll take 10...lol

[quote name='AugustAPC']I almost just wanted to text him and tell him he's an idiot :|[/QUOTE]

IMO text him and tell him to meet you somewhere then dont show up.

I have to come and rant. I really hate people that post things like PS3 and gameS on title. But when you click on it, there's only one game. haha

[quote name='kouleefoh']I have to come and rant. I really hate people that post things like PS3 and gameS on title. But when you click on it, there's only one game. haha[/QUOTE]

Yea or I hate ones that list games like Ratchet Collection or Sports Champions as multiple games.

Is this guy selling his $5 pre-order slip for $325? I saw another poster calling him out.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/vgm/3375384651.html
Black Ops 2 (Xbox) care package edition - $325 (san jose north)

This is a pre order from best buy Milpitas. This is no longer available in stores or for reserve. eBay and Amazon selling for 350 and up. Price is firm.

-remote controlled quadrotor drone and stand.
-limited edition 2 sided steelbook.
-(2) collectible challenge coins
- official soundtrack by Jack Wall with theme by Trent Reznor
-Exclusive Xbox 360 Dynamic multiplayer Theme
-Exclusive Xbox 360 dynamic Zombies Theme
-In game content:
-Nuketown Zombies Bonus In game content
- Nuketown 2025 Bonus Multiplayer Map
-Exclusive weapon camo
-Exclusive Multiplayer Player Card Background
-Exclusive Zombies Player Card Background

[quote name='ferant316']Yea or I hate ones that list games like Ratchet Collection or Sports Champions as multiple games.[/QUOTE]
Well, in their defense, they technically are multiple games.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Is this guy selling his $5 pre-order slip for $325? I saw another poster calling him out.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/vgm/3375384651.html
Black Ops 2 (Xbox) care package edition - $325 (san jose north)

This is a pre order from best buy Milpitas. This is no longer available in stores or for reserve. eBay and Amazon selling for 350 and up. Price is firm.

-remote controlled quadrotor drone and stand.
-limited edition 2 sided steelbook.
-(2) collectible challenge coins
- official soundtrack by Jack Wall with theme by Trent Reznor
-Exclusive Xbox 360 Dynamic multiplayer Theme
-Exclusive Xbox 360 dynamic Zombies Theme
-In game content:
-Nuketown Zombies Bonus In game content
- Nuketown 2025 Bonus Multiplayer Map
-Exclusive weapon camo
-Exclusive Multiplayer Player Card Background
-Exclusive Zombies Player Card Background[/QUOTE]

so that guy is trying to sell a preorder to a game that isn't out yet for more than what he is paying for it. :whistle2:# that's... really fucking dumb

[quote name='Monoxide1986']I'm pretty sure this guy is taking these games from the Redbox kiosk's and reselling them....

Every game he has listed is in Redbox, and the Disc 1 only copies are a pretty good indicator as well...

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/vgm/3382771170.html

This kind of crap pisses me off...[/QUOTE]

my first thought was "yea, that looks like whats going on here" my second thought was "this guy is dumb cause his credit card is going end up paying for these" was interupted by "oh, the poor slob who had their credit card stolen is gonna have to deal with this mess"

people are such assholes. yea I want to buy a copy of AC3 for xbox with only 1 disc!:drool:

This one cracks me up XD

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/vgm/3383500074.html

I, am selling my Xbox 360 that comes with everything in the pics the xbox 360 mw2 edition, hdmi cord, turtle beaches px21, two controllers only one batterie pack, 3 games cod 4, mw2, black ops....
I was looking for someone who wants to trade a decent drum set or a reasonableone for my xbox i need pne and if you have pone you would like tyo trade for all thes iteams i wlould gladley appreciate it no first act bull s*** and to let you no im not rippign you off i amd givin you all this for 360 dollars when for the cbox 2 controllers and a normal peace of s*** head phone and just mw2 is 366 so contact me by not calling texting ***********

http://www.google.com/shopping/prod...ei=9X6UULfRD66GyQGxyIDYDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CJEBEMwD

I'm surprised he would put his number and address on the ad.

Seriously WTF???????

3G33Je3N35I65Ma5Jecb39d0bc93bce8d1d1d.jpg

3Ef3I53J55G85K65H7cb31c49b32f83451c56.jpg

http://lubbock.craigslist.org/vgm/3384578472.html

I nominated that for best of craigslist.

http://memphis.craigslist.org/vgm/3386148628.html

Ps3 - $180 (East memphis)

Date: 2012-11-04, 11:47AM CST
Reply to this post [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have the fat ps3 looking to sell or trade for laptop in wirking condition the ps3 dont play disc games but hsve full games downloaded like SR3 MW2 RACHET AND CLANK COMES WITH CONTROLLER AND ALL CORDS
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.

Doesn't even read games!!!!!

[quote name='therealdanhill']hey, another worcesterite. hope you aren't one of the people who keep getting my posts looking for gaming stuff deleted lol.[/QUOTE]

No I don't report any unless bootleg stuff. Which posts are yours? I wanna find the person asking for Harvest Moon 64 and all the other pricey N64 games. They've been posting them for months and I keep responding saying I have most of what they want then they don't respond.

[quote name='ferant316']No I don't report any unless bootleg stuff. Which posts are yours? I wanna find the person asking for Harvest Moon 64 and all the other pricey N64 games. They've been posting them for months and I keep responding saying I have most of what they want then they don't respond.[/QUOTE]Don't bother with that dude, he's a reseller. He's trying to rip people off. I sent him an email saying I had most of the games he was asking for (most of which are worth like 50 a piece), but I said I didn't know if they were worth anything and that they were my sons. He told me they weren't worth anything and offered me like 2 or 3 bucks a game. I knew what his game was when I pricecharted the games he keeps looking for lol.

I have a running ad looking for all types of old-school games, that points out the resellers on CL and saying I will give a better deal because I'm a collector, and saying that I can't travel to Boston or anything because I'm disabled. I've done a crap-ton of deals on CL. I even sold a game to a fellow CAG once, don't remember what he said his username was but he was a good dude.

There's actually a guy right now asking 110 for a "restored" SNES. Why anyone would buy that instead of getting one from like That's Entertainment for 40 bucks is beyond me. I've been trying to sell a Sega Genesis on there for months, I'm only asking 20 bucks with two controllers and all the hookups but I guess nobody wants it. There have been a TON of people flaking lately as well, like at least 3 a week for me.

[quote name='therealdanhill']There's actually a guy right now asking 110 for a "restored" SNES. Why anyone would buy that instead of getting one from like That's Entertainment for 40 bucks is beyond me. I've been trying to sell a Sega Genesis on there for months, I'm only asking 20 bucks with two controllers and all the hookups but I guess nobody wants it. There have been a TON of people flaking lately as well, like at least 3 a week for me.[/QUOTE]

A genesis needs to be clean with a couple of cheap games to go with it; there's a lot of dusty doorstops being pulled out of attics, so any potential buyers are going to hold out for a more appealing starter bundle.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']A genesis needs to be clean with a couple of cheap games to go with it; there's a lot of dusty doorstops being pulled out of attics, so any potential buyers are going to hold out for a more appealing starter bundle.[/QUOTE]
It works perfectly and comes with all the cables, and two controllers, and a Sonic game. I think 20 or 25 is fair, I don't think it's necessarily the price. The local vintage gaming/comic shop charges like 45 for one with no games and one controller, and they don't even do returns on hardware lol.

I did have an offer for ten bucks, but I mean I ain't gonna do that. For that amount I'd rather just hold on to it, you know? It'll sell eventually, just surprised it's taking so long.

[quote name='therealdanhill']It works perfectly and comes with all the cables, and two controllers, and a Sonic game. I think 20 or 25 is fair, I don't think it's necessarily the price. The local vintage gaming/comic shop charges like 45 for one with no games and one controller, and they don't even do returns on hardware lol.

I did have an offer for ten bucks, but I mean I ain't gonna do that. For that amount I'd rather just hold on to it, you know? It'll sell eventually, just surprised it's taking so long.[/QUOTE]

Another thing is that people might not be willing to drive out for just Sega stuff; I once fetched $25 on a Sega Game Gear bundle, but only because I piggybacked it onto a Turbographx-16 deal in progress. And Gennies are even tougher since they often bomb out at auction for $10 shipped on ebay; I was actually surprised to see one sell at a local yardsale with a couple of games for $15.

[quote name='therealdanhill']It works perfectly and comes with all the cables, and two controllers, and a Sonic game. I think 20 or 25 is fair, I don't think it's necessarily the price. The local vintage gaming/comic shop charges like 45 for one with no games and one controller, and they don't even do returns on hardware lol.

I did have an offer for ten bucks, but I mean I ain't gonna do that. For that amount I'd rather just hold on to it, you know? It'll sell eventually, just surprised it's taking so long.[/QUOTE]

Is it a "high resolution graphics" model? With that print around the cart slot mound? (For lack of a better word, lol)

[quote name='ferant316']Vintage 1989 Nintendo Super Mario Brothers Metal TV Tray - $1000:
http://worcester.craigslist.org/vgm/3345415728.html[/QUOTE]

The American Nintendo merchandise art from the late 80s early 90s is horrifyingly bad. We are super lucky Nintendo of America never used shitty art like this for the actual games or box art.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Judging from the one below it, it's probably a typo and they meant it is a Wii game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I did a double take when i read it. I normally proof read something before posting it, I figured that was expected.

It can be hard to proofread your own stuff sometimes because you already know what it's supposed to say, so you might gloss right over something like that. At least I know it happens to me a lot. Of course, I doubt the guy actually bothered...was just sayin'.

[quote name='jer7583']The American Nintendo merchandise art from the late 80s early 90s is horrifyingly bad. We are super lucky Nintendo of America never used shitty art like this for the actual games or box art.[/QUOTE]

But they're asking $1000. The highest one of these has sold in the last year was like $40 shipped on nintendoage. One even sold on eBay for like $2 back in February.

Dan, If you ever want to trade older games let me know. I sometimes go to the Worcester area for work. It's nice to see a fellow CAG relatively close by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some guy trying to get a 3DS XL.

215 compliant...

"Im looking to trade meds for a 3ds xl you must have
Your rec. So I can verify . I will trade a oz of blue dream
I live in menifee so please be local or willing to come
My way ."

Seriously what the hell. Meds really. LOL

[quote name='Kranekinjar']Some guy trying to get a 3DS XL.

215 compliant...

"Im looking to trade meds for a 3ds xl you must have
Your rec. So I can verify . I will trade a oz of blue dream
I live in menifee so please be local or willing to come
My way ."

Seriously what the hell. Meds really. LOL[/QUOTE]
Trust me, in this area, that guy would have a 3DS in less than a day. I don't condone the use of it, but that stuff has to be worth at least $500. "Meds" is basically code, by the way.

bread's done
Back