YMMV Uncharted 3 CE converted used @ Gamestop(extras being given/thrown away)

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
NO STEELBOX INCLUDED

Gamestop being Gamestop instead of dropping the price of the CE they so wisely decided to convert the "new" copies to used & they'll either just give away the extras or throw them away. I was able to score 1 yesterday(8/27) looks like this just started towards days end & with all the Midnight Madden stuff alot of GS employees weren't able to start doing this so act fast.
Good Hunting

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-collectors-edition/91256

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVEliR65I9E

Well, I gotta give credit to the GS rep I dealt with the other day. Took him a few days longer than he thought, but he was true to his word. He called me yesterday and said he finally got communications from some one that told him he could sell it to me used. He wasn't in by the time I got there, but he had left it in back with a note that I should be coming in for it, and that it was ok to sell it to me as used. Thanks GS rep, and thanks Enuf

Called a GameStop about 13 miles away from me about the U3 CE and told me all he had was the steel case and that he would let me have it if I gave him my original uncharted 3 case. Would you guys drive 26 miles to get a steel case for U3? Would these be worth anything in the future?

Just a heads up: my local GameStop converted the prototype 2 collectors edition to used. Was able to get a set of all the extras. Didn't see it posted anywhere, so probably ymmv, as always.

just throwing this out there, all my local stores don't have any stuff left. So, if anyone got some from their gamestop and don't want it, pm me i'll gladly take it off your hands. it would be cool to get the whole thing, but i mainly want the necklace with the ring on it. It would be great if someone could help a brother out lol

Some store in my area still has them in stock are they really $18.99 or should I call and ask first if it is I might just pick it up. Also they do giveaway free stuff I got one of the MW2 countdown clock thing before.

It SHOULD automatically ring up as used for 18.99. Just preface it by saying you thought you heard it was on sale, that way the clerk isn't totally baffled if it rings up correctly (so they don't keep trying to make it ring up $100 lol), or to give yourself an easy out if it for some reason does ring up $100.

[quote name='JediKiller24']Just a heads up: my local GameStop converted the prototype 2 collectors edition to used. Was able to get a set of all the extras. Didn't see it posted anywhere, so probably ymmv, as always.[/QUOTE]

360 or ps3?

[quote name='nixmahn']What you do is say "I checked online and it says you have blh blah available." That way they either check for you if they are not in the know. If they flat out deny you then they know and don't want to be hassled/keeping it themselves or already checked it already.

It is not their policy to give free stuff away (cool employees do and pretty much up to their discretion w/o oversite on the matter). Do not make it sound like it is or else management will correct it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MissRiot0721']Some store in my area still has them in stock are they really $18.99 or should I call and ask first if it is I might just pick it up. Also they do giveaway free stuff I got one of the MW2 countdown clock thing before.[/QUOTE]

char

[quote name='Joshe']I dont want to be mean, but the fat prick employee wouldnt sell me one.

I asked if they had any copies left. I told him they were on sale and he laughed "if they were on sale the employees would be the first to get their hands on the goodies haha"

The look on his face when he rang it up... "Ummm we cant actually sell you this"

I asked why, and he couldnt give a straight answer "...bro, i could if i would, but if anything id have to take it apart and just give you the game"

Assuming his fat ass just took it home that night. I wouldnt be so angry if it wasnt for the fact that they had about 5 damn COMPLETELY NEW collectors editions!!

Oh well, might try another store today :/ i dunno[/QUOTE]

buy a 99 cent ps2 game, then give him a TERRIBLE survey and say he wouldn't sell you a game. As a current gamestop employee, I know he would be so screwed if you did that. DO IT:lol:
But seriously what he did was not allowed. Next time, ask to speak to the manager

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']buy a 99 cent ps2 game, then give him a TERRIBLE survey and say he wouldn't sell you a game. As a current gamestop employee, I know he would be so screwed if you did that. DO IT:lol:
But seriously what he did was not allowed. Next time, ask to speak to the manager[/QUOTE]

The manager would have told him the same thing the collector's edition items were supposed to be thrown away. I went to a gamestop that had 4 of them and the manager said if I wanted the stuff I would have to buy the game. I ended up buying three, took the stuff out and returned them to my usual gamestop. What's funny is that they knew exactly what I did as soon as I walked in the store he said "I can't believe you found three."

[quote name='Ender Thy Wrath']The manager would have told him the same thing the collector's edition items were supposed to be thrown away.[/QUOTE]

This sort of thing absolutely disgusts me.

[quote name='morrodox']This sort of thing absolutely disgusts me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, something tells me they aren't going to throw it away and if they do, then That just means its time to go GS dumpster diving lol

:lol: The stock locator is STILL showing in stock or low stock for the 2 GS stores by me that supposedly had them in stock. I checked both soon after the conversion to used order came down and both stores said they were completely out.

Oh well.

When I went to trade in some games to GS today I asked about the UC CE and he told me that they had to throw them away and I said "so in other words you guys took it home" and he just said "basically". I don't blame him though cause if I worked at GS, I would take advantage of that too.

bread's done
Back