You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please the OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']No kidding![/QUOTE]

JFD, when you pass through PA, I'd like to buy you a cheesesteak. We're going to Jim's though. Pat's and Geno's are for the tourists.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']here's your latest darthbudge update

168231_183475871670257_100000235373329_601041_5385803_n.jpg

thank you this has been a darthbudge update[/QUOTE]

Hey! Thanks for the latest Darthbudge update. Keep me informed if anything changes. Thanks. Bye.

seems (via facebook) like we are getting a whole lot of darthbudge working at [whatever he works at] and socializing with people he works with (as if to say 'i am moving on up. time to forget about those high school 'bitches''.)
it looks as if darthbudge has been eating well, as in, 'hey, i am a hard worker...why don't i treat myself to a great big meal to make me last throughout the day!'
wendys.jpg

as you can see, this is a huge spike from years earlier, when darthbudge was eating kidney beans and tic tacs:
chart2.png

(a chart)
either way, everyone should be pleased to know that darthbudge is making his way as a strong young man and probably will fall into an alcohol addiction at the age of 24.
stock-photo-strong-young-man-exercise-fitness-isolated-on-white-45226189.jpg

(a strong young man)

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']What do I do with one of those? Would it be disrespectful to throw it at Jim?[/QUOTE]

You'd make an exception and have one, wouldn't you? Especially if it was with Sean, Mak and myself?

[quote name='Number83']It's best to lie about such things...what is the probability that they will actually ask for transcripts?

I remember my first job after graduating, and I lied about my GPA (I told them it was a 3.95 when it was actually a 3.5) and when they asked me for my scripts on the interview, I told them that I gave my last copy to the interview I had right before this one (insinuating that they were very interested and I had an offer incoming). Well they said I could bring them my first day if they offered me the job...which they did. I never did bring them, and they never asked for them after.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='munch']What is your GPA? I imagine that employers are finding ways to cut out people any way they can.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This is why my company usually tosses resumes with GPA below 3.0.[/QUOTE]

My GPA is only 2.3 so there isn't much use of lying about it. I don't want to put it on my resume but I still don't get many calls or emails either way.

I understand the reasoning behind not accepting it but it still infuriates me to no end. Just because I am someone who couldn't completely remember equations and formulas to complete the problems on the exams doesn't mean I can apply the knowledge into real life scenarios (especially with textbooks and other engineers at hand to help solve the problem).

Also I knew of a few people that had 4.0 and the like that may have been very book smart but was completely useless when it came to group work and social skills. So how would you rather have someone working on billion dollar projects that knows how to study well but can't apply that knowledge well in order to get the project done.

I am just having a hard time realizing that I have graduated in to a time where just a few years ago I could have a had a pick of any job I wanted before I even graduated.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']here's your latest darthbudge update

168231_183475871670257_100000235373329_601041_5385803_n.jpg

thank you this has been a darthbudge update[/QUOTE]

Budge you should activate those lights and then strap it to your head and run around tickling people and scream that they're under arrest.

It took an extra 45 min. to get to work today. I wasn't expecting that. That means I'll have to stay an extra 45 min. this afternoon.

I will definitely be taking a prime time nap tonight.

[quote name='Maklershed']Budge you should activate those lights and then strap it to your head and run around tickling people and scream that they're under arrest.[/QUOTE]

I just visualized this, and my nose started bleeding again because I laughed.

It started bleeding the first time when I went up for a rebound at hoops today and got the ball spiked into my face.

We are expected to get 1-2 inches this afternoon with it turning (possibly) to freezing rain, and then back to regular rain before Wednesday's morning commute.

So please, everyone stay home and take public transportation if you have to go into the city. (Advice from the mayor of Portland)

I just bought tickets for UFC 128 Shogun vs Evans :whee:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']fuck. The snow is coming down a lot harder than I was expecting. I hope you enjoy this when it gets to you, Mak![/QUOTE]

It's flurrying lightly right now. The bulk of it isn't expected to hit for another few hours. My town is due for about 4 inches the last I heard.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I've heard anywhere between 1 and 8 inches. We'll probably get a dusting.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah.

[quote name='Maklershed']It's flurrying lightly right now. The bulk of it isn't expected to hit for another few hours. My town is due for about 4 inches the last I heard.[/QUOTE]

They're saying like 3-7 overnight and 3-7 tomorrow here. 6-14 I guess for the duration of the storm?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']That's what she said.[/QUOTE]
I should said, "we'll probably get a frosting."

I burned a bag of popcorn last night and it still smellls 24 hours later.

We;re having an ice sleet right now. Not snow. The roads are gonna be fun tomorrow.

[quote name='flowery']I just realized my Netflix subscription cost $1 more this month. That's gay.[/QUOTE]

Um you didn't know that? They sent you an e-mail, there was discussion on various gaming websites, and I believe that there was discussion in the OTT as well.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Um you didn't know that? They sent you an e-mail, there was discussion on various gaming websites, and I believe that there was discussion in the OTT as well.[/QUOTE]

Is that a fact. I guess I just blocked it out of my mind. Oh well, it's still a good deal.

They announced the increase in early November/December, which was more than enough time to be prepared for it or to adjust your sub accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah, I was in a game not too long ago where everyone on my team quit, so it was just me vs seven people. I started camping as it was the only tactic available to me considering the numbers. When the game ended, one guy in the room went ballistic on me for camping.

What was I supposed to do? Just run out and get slaughtered every single time?[/QUOTE]

According to the XBL unwritten code of conduct, yes?

It is fun. I find it pisses me off a lot less than MW2. The only thing that pisses me off about...BLOPS...as you call it, is shooting somebody again and again and again and have them turn around and kill you in two shots.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']It is fun. I find it pisses me off a lot less than MW2. The only thing that pisses me off about...BLOPS...as you call it, is shooting somebody again and again and again and have them turn around and kill you in two shots.[/QUOTE]
The constant spawning directly in front of enemies doesn't ruin it for you? Or have they patched that?

[quote name='manthing']Why do these Indians want to give me $2500 with a sky-high interest rate?[/QUOTE]

Lol...wait...you get that commercial too? What does he say again "yes, it's expensive..." or something like that.

[quote name='manthing']Why do these Indians want to give me $2500 with a sky-high interest rate?[/QUOTE]

dot or feather?

But...but they don't need any collateral.

And they have a non-uggo native female in the commercials I see

Feather chixa. Don't you watch TV?

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']what should i make for a 'romantic lunch' tomorrow?

(besides buying lots of wine)[/QUOTE]

chicken piccata or francese. it's not too heavy, it's not stinky, and it seems difficult but it's not.

nothing with too much garlic or onions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back