You Don't Know Jack (2011) - $19.99-New, $17.99-Used @ GameStop

token2k6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
146 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I missed the 10 second price drop on Amazon, so I submitted a lower price report. I can wait for this to hit $20 before buying it, and I'll do that somewhere besides Gamestop.

Dang, I bought this barely 2 weeks ago with a coupon. I just sent a note to GS to see if they can offer me some credit on a price match with their own site. If this sale is good offline then perhaps I can ask at a local store.

Excellent trivia game and an excellent price, too. I reviewed it for the site I write for and gave it 4.5 stars out of 5.

VERY IMPORTANT:

You Don't Know Jack unlocks episodes in a set order. If you don't carry around your save file with you to play on another console, you'll be forced to replay old episodes.

[quote name='regis100']Very creative!

I recommend getting this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CMNJQ2/

The game is good and it gives you 4 controllers that work with both games.[/QUOTE]
Wow. I had no idea the core $30 game gave you four controllers. Do the Scene It controllers have something that works like a trigger button? In other words, can you screw?

[quote name='Nohbdy']VERY IMPORTANT:

You Don't Know Jack unlocks episodes in a set order. If you don't carry around your save file with you to play on another console, you'll be forced to replay old episodes.[/QUOTE]
Or you could just note the episode number you played last, then manually select the next episode at your friend's house. You can select an episode by pressing Y on the Play Local screen, and it's pretty easy to remember which episode is which, since each one has a distinctive fake sponsor.

Went and picked it up at gamestop at lunch, well worth 20 bucks and whatta ya know, I got the Scene it Controllers gathering dust beside the wii. :)

[quote name='jer7583']I'd pay $10 extra somewhere else to not have to shop at this fucking joke of a store.[/QUOTE]

No one is stopping you from paying 10 bucks more to shop elsewhere, by all means, knock yourself stupid doing so. Meanwhile I bought a game at Gamestop cheaper than I could get it elsewhere and I don't think anything bad happened to me while I was there. :booty:

Thanks OP, Just ordered one for my 360, gonna pick it up tonight after work & hopefully get my game on. :0)

[quote name='jer7583']I'd pay $10 extra somewhere else to not have to shop at this fucking joke of a store.[/QUOTE]
Do you get a hard on by threadcrapping in every single GS thread? You go out of your way to shit on every single GS deal, but then you suck Kmart's dick no matter what the deal is. Most people here just want the best deal. I'll buy this one from GS, because I like saving money and I'm not mentally retarded.

Thanks OP. Called my local GS after seeing this post and they had 1 PS3 copy left. $20 was a perfect price for it.

I enjoyed the PS1 versions years ago and hope this one is just as fun.

[quote name='Vacabck']No one is stopping you from paying 10 bucks more to shop elsewhere, by all means, knock yourself stupid doing so. Meanwhile I bought a game at Gamestop cheaper than I could get it elsewhere and I don't think anything bad happened to me while I was there. :booty:[/QUOTE]

eh stupid or not sometimes if you feel strongly about somethin or against something or someone (ie his feelings about gamestop) then $10 isn't worth the self-respect of him going against his boycott.

I know me personally it would take one HE!! of a sale to ever get me to shop at Best Buy again.

[quote name='oman19']eh stupid or not sometimes if you feel strongly about somethin or against something or someone (ie his feelings about gamestop) then $10 isn't worth the self-respect of him going against his boycott.

I know me personally it would take one HE!! of a sale to ever get me to shop at Best Buy again.[/QUOTE]

But do you go into every BB thread you can find and let people know about your disapproval? Because that's what this troll does.

[quote name='mokmoof']
Or you could just note the episode number you played last, then manually select the next episode at your friend's house. You can select an episode by pressing Y on the Play Local screen, and it's pretty easy to remember which episode is which, since each one has a distinctive fake sponsor.[/QUOTE]

...which would be fine if all the episodes were unlocked from the start. But they're not.

The game starts you off with only 5 episodes on the first boot.

[quote name='ZForce915']Turns out the Scene It controllers not only work, but the game recongizes that you're using them and changes the layout of the questions to a vertical pattern vs. the diagonal pattern that matches the normal xbox controller.

A small thing, but big props for them designing it that way. Also the game is worth the $30 so grab it at $20 and enjoy.[/QUOTE]
So why couldn't they do that with the Buzz controllers?

Is this online only or B&M as well?

I was disappointed when gs website said my local store didn't have it in stock new or used. Wife and I went out to dinner, and I figured I would check anyway since it was nearby. Lo and behold, they had it in stock new. I still have loads of credit from the 50% trade promotion, so I couldn't resist.

I picked it up for full price on release. Can't recommend it enough. Four or five people and some booze. Tons of fun.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']So why couldn't they do that with the Buzz controllers?

Is this online only or B&M as well?[/QUOTE]

I picked it up in store with no problems on PS3. So online and in-store.

You can check the in-store prices on the website. Just choose in-store pickup and it will show you if it's a different price.

[quote name='Triz']Buy this game![/QUOTE]

yep, it's great.

while the online is kind of lame since everyone already knows all the answers, it's basically the best trivia game on consoles this generation. It's even better if you have friends to play with.

Thanks OP, I was waiting for a price drop on this. I grabbed this for Xbox today and can't wait to play it with my friends tomorrow!

Son of a bitch! I was one of the ones who reported the price difference to Amazon and I wasn't even able to get in on it?!

EDIT: Did anyone else report the price difference? Maybe if we all report it again, the $19.99 price point will hang around a little longer next time.

[quote name='Nohbdy']VERY IMPORTANT:

You Don't Know Jack unlocks episodes in a set order. If you don't carry around your save file with you to play on another console, you'll be forced to replay old episodes.[/QUOTE]

Secondary note:

The save file on PS3 is GOD DAMN fuckING COPY PROTECTED.

WHY THE FLAMING HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

Utter pillocks.

I ended up playing with my friends episodes I've already done. They played, I looked for the Wrong Question. Pretty lame.

Crap I bought mine 2 weeks ago. I got it for 30 and love the game. Its really great if you have 3 other people to play it with and the big button controller for 360.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Crap I bought mine 2 weeks ago. I got it for 30 and love the game. Its really great if you have 3 other people to play it with and the big button controller for 360.[/QUOTE]

Can you use the screw feature? Thanks

Stopped by one Gamestop and they only had gutted copies. Why would you need multiple display copies of a game like this?

Went to another Gamestop and they had sealed copies, but the Xbox version rung up at $29.99, clerk said only the Wii version was on sale.

I forgot why I never shop at Gamestop, but now I remember how crappy they are. I'll just wait for it to drop on Amazon.

Swung by GS for something else and picked this up for 20. Only 1 copy in stock though. Pretty shady for day 1 of a weekend sale.

[quote name='tekssx']Can you use the screw feature? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. The big button also doubles as a d-pad.

Picked this up for the Wii and played three episodes tonight with friends. Great game -- keeps the feel of the old PC games with some good episodes. Definitely worth the $20.

[quote name='linkbear']Yes you can. The big button also doubles as a d-pad.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch, you are a lifesaver

[quote name='eugaet']Submitted to Amazon as a lower price, both online and offline. Everyone please report this price so Amazon pricematches![/QUOTE]

Can anyone help tell me how to submit this to amazon so they are aware?

I went ahead and canceled my online order and set one for in store pick-up. I figure I'll print out the web page with the $19.99 price just in case there's any problem, so hopefully this will save me shipping charges.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Can anyone help tell me how to submit this to amazon so they are aware?[/QUOTE]Go to the product page (hopefully for the 360 version as that's the one I want ;)), scroll down to the 'Product Details' section, and click the link that says: "tell us about a lower price". Put in an online price w/ link. Rinse/repeat for local offline price.

bread's done
Back