Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Holy fuck that setup would be impending doom for me. It's like Video Game Jenga when you want to take out a game![/QUOTE]
I gather you didn't notice the huge CD binders?

[quote name='lmz00']I gather you didn't notice the huge CD binders?[/QUOTE]

Nope didn't notice them at all. Was too much in awe from the Boom Blox level of game cases. Also he didn't make any mention of keeping the games in those binders did he? In fact when asked how he accessed the ones on the top he replied saying he used a ladder. I don't think it's safe to assume those are all empty cases, although it would be more practical.

A lot of those games are still sealed too though, so I doubt he would gut them and then pop them into the CD binders. Nobody would purposely Gamestop themselves, would they?

That's gotta be bad for those cases on the bottom. That much weight is bound to wind up slowly crushing/warping/distorting them.

[quote name='SEH']That's gotta be bad for those cases on the bottom. That much weight is bound to wind up slowly crushing/warping/distorting them.[/QUOTE]

Specially the Wii boxes, or the eco friendly 360 boxes.

Those things are flimsy as hell.

Not cd cases but my DS phat, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, PSP-1000, PSP-3000 (not sure if that one is pictured)

[quote name='Squarehard']A lot of those games are still sealed too though, so I doubt he would gut them and then pop them into the CD binders. Nobody would purposely Gamestop themselves, would they?[/QUOTE]

It did cross my mind a few times but decided against it.

[quote name='SEH']That's gotta be bad for those cases on the bottom. That much weight is bound to wind up slowly crushing/warping/distorting them.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem with cases, its actually pretty sturdy the way it is.

Thanks to all who posted about the Atlantic Shelves. I have 3 (maple 1080) on hold and I am leaving to pick them up right now (1 1/2 hours away). Best of all they are $35.99 each! :whee:

I hope they will fit in my car!

^^^OK so I got my shelves and one of them is opened and from 2009. The other 2 are sealed and from 2006.

The 2006 ones are the better (more sturdy) ones right? I read that the shelves can not be swapped between the 2006 and 2009 due to a redesign. Does anyone else know more about this?

I'm not sure exactly which ones you have, but the older 1080 shelves were actually less sturdy because the base board on the bottom was too short, so when you prop it up against the wall it was too top heavy and didn't balance correctly, so you actually end up having to mount it. Hopefully that's not the case with the 2006 ones, since I don't remember exactly when they did the new designs.

My 1080 shelf is not a 2009 for sure, so it might have been a 2006. The baseboard is also a little short for the height. I didn't have it mounted at 2 different apartments and it never fell... Not saying you shouldn't mount it.

*edit* Actually, wait, maybe mine was a 2009, cause now that I think about it, I bought it around the time Circuit City went under, which was 2009.

[quote name='elessar123']My 1080 shelf is not a 2009 for sure, so it might have been a 2006. The baseboard is also a little short for the height. I didn't have it mounted at 2 different apartments and it never fell... Not saying you shouldn't mount it.

*edit* Actually, wait, maybe mine was a 2009, cause now that I think about it, I bought it around the time Circuit City went under, which was 2009.[/QUOTE]

If your shelves are full and it hasn't fallen over, then I doubt they are the old ones.

When you piece together the new ones it doesn't tip over until you actually start putting stuff onto the shelves, and then it starts to get wobbly.

Mine leans against the wall because the baseboard is long enough to distribute most of the weight to where it should be.

But I've had many friends that had the old ones, and they all had to mount their stands. They still liked them, but they just didn't like the fact the old design forced you to mount it.

I'm up to 351 games with special editions of 95% of what I have that has one plus a fair amount of blu-rays (some nice steelbooks in there) I gotta get my stuff arranged all nice like then I'm definitely putting up some pics in here.

Some of you guys have an insane amount of games...Thankfully, I use your pictures to show my wife that I'm not that crazy.

100_4794.jpg

100_4798.jpg

100_4800.jpg

100_4802.jpg

100_4803.jpg

100_4804.jpg

100_4805.jpg

100_4806.jpg

100_4808.jpg

100_4809.jpg

[quote name='elessar123']Ikea Bennos eh?[/QUOTE]

Yup, I like the fact that they have grooves on the bottom so they sit flush with the wall. They also mount to the wall so there is no chance of my games coming down on me or my daughter. I need about 2 more to put up all my games so I put the ones we play most up and the others are in the tv cabinet.

[quote name='Ash Burton']Some of you guys have an insane amount of games...Thankfully, I use your pictures to show my wife that I'm not that crazy.

100_4794.jpg

100_4798.jpg

100_4800.jpg

100_4802.jpg

100_4803.jpg

100_4804.jpg

100_4805.jpg

100_4806.jpg

100_4808.jpg

100_4809.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It's okay. We here all know you're not crazy. There, there. :bouncy:

[quote name='Squarehard']It's okay. We here all know you're not crazy. There, there. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I am very crazy, I have OCD and just got out of the Marines so I'm sure there is some PTSD in there as well...However, when my wife asks me why I need so many video games I like to show her that I don't have that many, that's where you guys come in.

[quote name='Ash Burton']I am very crazy, I have OCD and just got out of the Marines so I'm sure there is some PTSD in there as well...However, when my wife asks me why I need so many video games I like to show her that I don't have that many, that's where you guys come in.[/QUOTE]

At least you're not crazy to a point that you cut your own arm off and then replace it with a chainsaw.

[quote name='Ash Burton']Some of you guys have an insane amount of games...Thankfully, I use your pictures to show my wife that I'm not that crazy.[/QUOTE]

Bro, my girl gave up on me long ago. I just tell her like this "strippers or video games, you pick which one you want me to waste money on." I know she'll snap one day though. Its ok though, I'll stick with the video games.

[quote name='Ash Burton']Some of you guys have an insane amount of games...Thankfully, I use your pictures to show my wife that I'm not that crazy.

100_4794.jpg

100_4798.jpg

100_4800.jpg

100_4802.jpg

100_4803.jpg

100_4804.jpg

100_4805.jpg

100_4806.jpg

100_4808.jpg

100_4809.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Bro, that's still an insane amount of games you got there.

Did some re-arranging of my games and this is the end result.

I think it just looks cleaner with most of the Nintendo based games on one shelf.

cimg0271kr.jpg

cimg0273.jpg

cimg0275.jpg

[quote name='Squarehard']Did some re-arranging of my games and this is the end result.

I think it just looks cleaner with most of the Nintendo based games on one shelf.

cimg0271kr.jpg

cimg0273.jpg

cimg0275.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Whered you get that first shelf (where the PSP games are). Been looking for something that size and style for a while

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Whered you get that first shelf (where the PSP games are). Been looking for something that size and style for a while[/QUOTE]

It's this guy right here,

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Atlanti...lack/9735301.p?id=1218164358370&skuId=9735301

I actually used to own the older versions of this one, but they were so flimsy I ended up giving them away.

But the new ones are so much better now because it actually has a shelf in the centered that is screwed in order to help keep the stability of the entire stand from wobbling like it's predecessor which was not worth the $$$.

I actually have another one that I picked up and I am going to put that one up as soon as I find some space in my room for it.

[quote name='Squarehard']Did some re-arranging of my games and this is the end result.

cimg0271kr.jpg

cimg0273.jpg

cimg0275.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What's the dimensions of the tall skinny one and where did you get it? I need one more shelf, and it has to be tall and under 29.5" wide, and that one might fit the bill perfectly.

[quote name='SlaughterX']Well, I will be moving all of my stuff to another location soon, but this is what the last pic I took looks like...

[/QUOTE]

How do you get to the games behind the couch? Like the ones on the very lowest self (which only shows partially)?

I'm jealous of those of you with large rooms... being stuck in a 12x10 room sucks when you're trying to keep a collection of TFs and games.

I just got dizzy looking at the first two pictures, haha. The angle of the shot makes them look like they're all about to fall down on me.

Awesome collection Flea. I would love to have thoses Sailor Moon DVDs. They are so expensive. That DKC cart is pretty cool as well.

[quote name='Vinny']How do you get to the games behind the couch? Like the ones on the very lowest self (which only shows partially)?

I'm jealous of those of you with large rooms... being stuck in a 12x10 room sucks when you're trying to keep a collection of TFs and games.[/QUOTE]

I don't need to since I keep most of my games in CD books, so most of the cases are empty except for the manuals and what not.

[quote name='Vinny']How do you get to the games behind the couch? Like the ones on the very lowest self (which only shows partially)?

I'm jealous of those of you with large rooms... being stuck in a 12x10 room sucks when you're trying to keep a collection of TFs and games.[/QUOTE]

Those look like the elfa shelves I just got from the container store. Customizable height and wall mounted. I put up a 60"x84" one a week ago. Haven't had time to clear the area in front of it to take pictures, so hopefully next weekend.

[quote name='Squarehard']I have no job. :booty:[/QUOTE]

Yup, same here, I'm currently just a domestic engineer...AKA Mr. Mom lol.

No games or blu's listed although I have a ton that I'm selling.. like 100... this is the home theater, i love it personally.. Not much to some of you though

IMAG0087.jpg

[quote name='legendarydogs']dmdragon, what is that video game you are playing?[/QUOTE]

IT's the Prince of Persia Sands of Time Blu-ray menu

Iddott, I think we seriously need to have a game meetup since were both in the bay area, and were both gaming chicks. Rockin collection! :D

[quote name='idd0tt']wish i had such nice collections you guys have
[/QUOTE]
*looks at your collection*
*reads statement again*
What? Your collection is awesome, boxed snes games, collector's item, etc. If you don't think your collection is nice, I'd be happy to take them off your hands. :drool:

[quote name='Cheska19']Iddott, I think we seriously need to have a game meetup since were both in the bay area, and were both gaming chicks. Rockin collection! :D[/QUOTE]

X( too bad i'm back in socal right now, totally would have you over once I move back home after college and get the game room all set up

[quote name='pcktlnt']*looks at your collection*
*reads statement again*
What? Your collection is awesome, boxed snes games, collector's item, etc. If you don't think your collection is nice, I'd be happy to take them off your hands. :drool:[/QUOTE]

lol i'll admit I have a nice collection once I manage to get my hands on a complete copy of earthbound and uncharted fortune hunter's edition :bouncy:

bread's done
Back