Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='CaptainKirk']I have never seen someone have eBay space lol[/QUOTE]

I had a little eBay side business going on for a while, but now I just sell for myself. It took too much time. Hence the eBay space.

[quote name='thecoryjihad']I had a little eBay side business going on for a while, but now I just sell for myself. It took too much time. Hence the eBay space.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually surprised that the 80s X-men comics are pulling in $1 each bids, maybe list those the next time an X-men movie comes out?

See. that's part of my problem. I'm between selling small runs of comics or selling every issue in the series together. With Uncanny X-Men, I've got almost every issue from 7 through 512 and I've been considering selling that as a set. But there's no way I could let that go for a buck an issue. But if I pull out the good issues, then I'd be selling about 300 comics for ten bucks and that would kill me.

Decisions decisions...

What's with putting Popful Mail in the title? It's almost like you want it to go for a lot of money or something...;)

Popful Mail - $25
Seaman - $12

[quote name='thecoryjihad']See. that's part of my problem. I'm between selling small runs of comics or selling every issue in the series together. With Uncanny X-Men, I've got almost every issue from 7 through 512 and I've been considering selling that as a set. But there's no way I could let that go for a buck an issue. But if I pull out the good issues, then I'd be selling about 300 comics for ten bucks and that would kill me.

Decisions decisions...[/QUOTE]

I'll buy issues 7-143 ;)

I would sell off the later issues as full runs at a buck an issue and keep basically everything up to 281. But I don't collect new books, so I am not sure is there are any keys over that number.

[quote name='slowdive21']I'll buy issues 7-143 ;)

I would sell off the later issues as full runs at a buck an issue and keep basically everything up to 281. But I don't collect new books, so I am not sure is there are any keys over that number.[/QUOTE]

If you'd seriously consider buying them, I can send you photos.

I need to know if I should hook up my original Xbox to my HDTV or leave it where the CRT TV is. I have a lot of room on my HDTV stand so I really want to move it there. I only have room on the TV inputs to use it with regular AV cables. Which TV will give a better picture with the original Xbox?

An update to my anime shelf.

This is what it looked like on 10/18

63820198.jpg

Here's what it looks like today,

photo1twh.jpg

photo2ouy.jpg

photo3zc.jpg

I think I did pretty good for 3-4 weeks of work. :3

[quote name='Squarehard']An update to my anime shelf.

I think I did pretty good for 3-4 weeks of work. :3[/QUOTE]

I've always been curious about those of you who have large movie/anime collections but do you guys have backlogs, i.e., have tons of movies/anime what you own but have never watched?

[quote name='Vinny']I've always been curious about those of you who have large movie/anime collections but do you guys have backlogs, i.e., have tons of movies/anime what you own but have never watched?[/QUOTE]

I actually find anime/movie backlogs easier to charge through since I can have them on while I work on a paper or what not, compared to a game where I have to kind of have to put more focus into, not to mention I can't have it on in the background, while watching something is much easier.

But the backlog still exists of course, but just dwindles faster than my video game backlog.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Yet another CAG who obviously hates money. Ha ha.[/QUOTE]

But on the contrary, I love it so much, I had to put it to good use. :3

[quote name='Squarehard']I actually find anime/movie backlogs easier to charge through since I can have them on while I work on a paper or what not, compared to a game where I have to kind of have to put more focus into, not to mention I can't have it on in the background, while watching something is much easier.[/QUOTE]

An English major watching anime, how does that one work. =P

Had to do some rearranging yet again to accommodate the oversize Modern Warfare 3 and MGS HD Collection boxes, which necessitated a new shelf for my swag. I'll take pictures over the weekend once I integrate Skyrim(God knows how big that fucker will be) into the new system.

[quote name='Squarehard']An update to my anime shelf.

63820198.jpg

Here's what it looks like today,

photo1twh.jpg

photo2ouy.jpg

photo3zc.jpg

I think I did pretty good for 3-4 weeks of work. :3[/QUOTE]
Wow. Any anime you recommend? I was looking to get another show now,after finishing Inuyasha.

nice collection, wish I still had mine, but back then all they sold were individual dvds and not complete series boxes.

probably still have a few SE case/boxes packed away somewhere

[quote name='TheBigAndy']

[/QUOTE]

Are those the ones from Ikea? I was going to put some of them up horizontally, but I like how you did yours.

[quote name='Gears24']Wow. Any anime you recommend? I was looking to get another show now,after finishing Inuyasha.[/QUOTE]

Good starter anime series are always something like Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Love Hina, Azumanga Dai Oh, Excel Saga, Case Closed just to name some series.

And if you like Inuyasha and want more Takahashi series, maybe Ranma or Maison Ikkoku, but Ranma is much more affordable than Maison Ikkoku, so you may want to go that route. Urusei is another one of those expensive Takahashi series to own, but it's not as bad as Maison Ikkoku.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']
[/QUOTE]

That must have taken a lot of measuring and work. Wish I was such a lazy bastard, since those seem to be the perfect solution to my space problem. :eek:

[quote name='TheBigAndy']My small (in comparison to some) collection. I did 3 basic pics (from comments it looks like you guys like pics) and threw in a couple videos for more in depth viewing. I mainly did this so I can use this to motivate some collection expansion.

My Xbox 360 Collection
My Blu-ray Collection
My Gaming/PC Setup[/QUOTE]

I bought those ikea shelves like 5 years ago and I still haven't put them up yet. I think I only have 4 of them though.

[quote name='Vinny']That's fucking awesome...[/QUOTE]
:D Thanks
[quote name='elessar123']Are those the ones from Ikea? I was going to put some of them up horizontally, but I like how you did yours.[/QUOTE]
:) Thanks, when I start needing more room, I am going to do some more on the wall tha would be to the left of where I was tsanding while taking the picture. It is about twice as long.
[quote name='Squarehard']

That must have taken a lot of measuring and work. Wish I was such a lazy bastard, since those seem to be the perfect solution to my space problem. :eek:[/QUOTE]
It wasn't too bad. I would say it took maybe 2 hours or so.
[quote name='slowdive21']I bought those ikea shelves like 5 years ago and I still haven't put them up yet. I think I only have 4 of them though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah they are the Ikea ones. I am going to buy like 10 more before they get discontinued or whatever. Can't beat them for $7.99

The only downside to these is that I know HATE anything that does not come in a regular dvd or blu-ray box, it messes up my flow.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']Yeah they are the Ikea ones. I am going to buy like 10 more before they get discontinued or whatever. Can't beat them for $7.99

The only downside to these is that I know HATE anything that does not come in a regular dvd or blu-ray box, it messes up my flow.[/QUOTE]

Damn, can't be beat for $7.99 ea, but they do look a bit tight for stuff that aren't regular DVD sized boxes, which for my anime collection will mean disaster, which is what I intended to use them for.

How do they fare structurally when you place them side by side. I notice they don't have a full side board and what not, do they lean against the wall at an angel, or pretty flatly.

[quote name='Squarehard']Damn, can't be beat for $7.99 ea, but they do look a bit tight for stuff that aren't regular DVD sized boxes, which for my anime collection will mean disaster, which is what I intended to use them for.

How do they fare structurally when you place them side by side. I notice they don't have a full side board and what not, do they lean against the wall at an angel, or pretty flatly.[/QUOTE]

I think they were $10 each when I bought them...Might have to keep my eye on them.

[quote name='Squarehard']Welcome mini shelf to the family of my collection!

[/QUOTE]

Is that a closet behind those shelves? Why don't you make sure of that?

[quote name='Vinny']Is that a closet behind those shelves? Why don't you make sure of that?[/QUOTE]

I don't see a closet.

All I see are shelves and anime. :3

[quote name='AugustAPC']Where'd ya get those shelves?[/QUOTE]

I got them both from Walmart.

They're the Sauder ones, which are just awesome. Very sturdy and easy to assemble, and rather price effective, so win in every way.

Quite happy with them both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried to fix it, works for a little, and stops working again, not sure what's up.

You can just go to Walmart and type in Sauder in the search, and sort from lowest to highest, and you'll find the shelves.

I'm looking for something about the height of that Sauder (but wider) for my retro game collection. My whole retro setup is in the attic so the ceiling is pretty low - about 44" at the lowest point where I'd like to put in a ton of shelves.

Ideally I'd like a wide shelf, under 44" with as many rows as possible (tallest thing I'd be storing is PS1/Saturn longboxes.) This does not seem to be a combination of characteristics that exists in our world though. Any ideas?

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I'm looking for something about the height of that Sauder (but wider) for my retro game collection. My whole retro setup is in the attic so the ceiling is pretty low - about 44" at the lowest point where I'd like to put in a ton of shelves.

Ideally I'd like a wide shelf, under 44" with as many rows as possible (tallest thing I'd be storing is PS1/Saturn longboxes.) This does not seem to be a combination of characteristics that exists in our world though. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Your best bet would be to build them yourself. Make it a weekend project, and maximize the space you have.

[quote name='slowdive21']I bought those ikea shelves like 5 years ago and I still haven't put them up yet. I think I only have 4 of them though.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, and now that ive run out of space on my 2 shelves i really need to get them put up.

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't see a closet.

All I see are shelves and anime. :3[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you're joking or not, but it looks like there are doors (based on the design) visible behind the smaller shelf...? I figured that's a closet.

[quote name='Vinny']Not sure if you're joking or not, but it looks like there are doors (based on the design) visible behind the smaller shelf...? I figured that's a closet.[/QUOTE]

Okay, now I cant tell if you're trolling or serious, lol.

But yes it is a closet, but it's just a storage closet that's filled up with stuff, so not a big deal that it's being blocked off. ^__^

Squarehard, make a maze in your room with all the shelves you have!!!!!! I'm sure you can do it, it would be an adventure getting in and out!

[quote name='Squarehard']Okay, now I cant tell if you're trolling or serious, lol.

But yes it is a closet, but it's just a storage closet that's filled up with stuff, so not a big deal that it's being blocked off. ^__^[/QUOTE]

No, I was serious. I just didn't get if you were joking or if that was something else...

[quote name='Squarehard']Good starter anime series are always something like Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Love Hina, Azumanga Dai Oh, Excel Saga, Case Closed just to name some series.

And if you like Inuyasha and want more Takahashi series, maybe Ranma or Maison Ikkoku, but Ranma is much more affordable than Maison Ikkoku, so you may want to go that route. Urusei is another one of those expensive Takahashi series to own, but it's not as bad as Maison Ikkoku.

/QUOTE]
Thanks for the suggestions,will defiantly check some of those out!

[quote name='Squarehard']Good starter anime series are always something like Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Love Hina, Azumanga Dai Oh, Excel Saga, Case Closed just to name some series.

That must have taken a lot of measuring and work. Wish I was such a lazy bastard, since those seem to be the perfect solution to my space problem. :eek:[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the suggestions,will definitely check some of those out!

[quote name='Vinny']No, I was serious. I just didn't get if you were joking or if that was something else...[/QUOTE]

Ah, my bad on the initial interpretation. The last part of the original comment through me off a bit. :p

But yeah, the close is pretty much all blocked since I don't use it anyways.

I'm in a 10x10 room, so I have to find space where available.

@skiizim

I so thought about it. I was thinking more of a labyrinth though, and David Bowe will be appointed the protector.

[quote name='Survivalism']It's not much but I finally converted my media madness into a proper display.

RU5BN.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is the Piranha Plant from ThinkGeek?

Wow, you guys are nuts, but I'm still very jelly. I have a decent sized collection too, but I keep them hidden in drawers lol. I guess I keep my nerdiness to myself.

[quote name='backseatdog']Wow, you guys are nuts, but I'm still very jelly. I have a decent sized collection too, but I keep them hidden in drawers lol. I guess I keep my nerdiness to myself.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm more of a half-display, half-conceal kind of person myself. My current project includes converting FLYT magazine holders (from IKEA) into mini-boxes for my drawer'd CD collection. Pics available if anyone is interested in the exciting world of cardboard subdividing \\:D/

bread's done
Back