Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

Now we get to the good stuff! After yanking out my games, I placed my stereo and consoles in the order I wanted. Looking back, I kinda wish I had swapped the PS3 and 360 around. Looks kinda goofy with the PS3 controllers next to the 360. I might fix that in the future, but I'll leave it for now. What's really sweet about this setup is that all of my black consoles and my black stereo "blend in" to my black shelves. The black shelves came with the cabinet. Also, I've got blue LED cooling pads under the 360 and PS3. I also have a blacklight illuminating the very bottom (where the PS2 and Gamecube are) and it looks AWESOME. (By the way, I know the 2nd picture is blurry. I couldn't get it any more stable without flash on.)
I like the shelf/set up, but do the cooling pads actually help? In order for airflow to be effective, you need equal parts intake and exhausts... I'd imagine that those cooling pads blow more air than the PS3 or 360 can take in.

As they say, you get what you pay for. Nice to see someone going for quality shelving over what's currently on sale at Wal-Fart.

The slide-out storage is great. Such a space saver.
Hey man... some of us are poor and aren't good with wood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kurosaki-san said:
Blu-ray & Boxsets
This area is incomplete. Work in Process!
3.jpg

360/PS3/Wii/NDS Games & Statues
Mostly all my 360 games are here, PS3 & Wii didn't fit.
2-1.jpg

Control Station
1-1.jpg

Bowser!
5e2s.jpg

Club Nintendo Poster + Triforce
DSC_0391.jpg

Figurine Shelf
4.jpg

There's other games & collectables I have. Those will be posted later on........

Miscellaneous stuff:

Imported Mario & Luigi House-shoes
download955-95.jpg

Lego Alien Display Case w/ sensor lights
*Currently in my closet, I'm planning on remove all the logo stuff and [customize theme of the case] to display my Nintendo stuff.
6.jpg

Closet view pt.1
4-1.jpg

Closet view pt.2
Small brown box is Dead Rising 2: High stakes edition, other box is MK: CE
2-2.jpg

NSMB 2 Signing!
Placed above my closet.
1-2.jpg

6/29/13 Update

3DS/Blu Rays:

Controller/Charge Station:

WiiU/Wii/GCN Games: (not complete)

NDS/360/PS3 Games & Statues:

TV & Console Set Up:

Currently playing games held in Club Nintendo Mario DS Hat.

Statues & Figurines:

Miscellaneous stuff:

Year of Luigi Coin

Zelda collection *not complete, didnt feel like fetching everything*

All gold everything:

Closet

I like the shelf/set up, but do the cooling pads actually help? In order for airflow to be effective, you need equal parts intake and exhausts... I'd imagine that those cooling pads blow more air than the PS3 or 360 can take in.

Hey man... some of us are poor and aren't good with wood.
Meh, not really. I mean, they do help a little bit, but not nearly as much as one would think. They look cool, though, don't they? :D

Since those pics were taken, I hooked my PS2 up and it (barely) fit next to my 360. I need to get a composite a/v splitter, though. I hate having to unplug my Wii to plug up my PS2.

His site says that he doesn't plan to make this one limited and will produce it as long as it's in demand so it'll come back... question is, when?:whistle2:k

Received Toukiden Vita today and don't have any handheld on order so this is a good time for an update pic of my current gen handheld consoles.

IMAG0422.jpg

Stepped on my iPhone so no pictures for now sadly :(!  On the plus side, NES collection is 132 games left until totally complete, and around 40 of those are crappy sports titles I've put off in order to get the good stuff.  The only expensive games I have left (no I do not own NWC other than the reproduction) are Bubble Bobble Part 2 and Duck Tales 2.  I grabbed Flintstones Surprise at Dinosaur Peak from Salvation Army last year for $2.99!

Miscellaneous stuff:

Imported Mario & Luigi House-shoes

Lego Alien Display Case w/ sensor lights
*Currently in my closet, I'm planning on remove all the logo stuff and [customize theme of the case] to display my Nintendo stuff.
6.jpg
Noooooooooo! Don't hack that up! Shit, I'll make you a lit shelving unit ;)

null_zpscb9a34ef.jpg

null_zpsac63dec4.jpg

This doesn't even make sense. If we save our money, how are we going to add games to our backlog?
LOL! You know, because we all don't have enough of that :p

Dammit Wiggy, I didn't know you were doing this!! I missed it, bah!! You need some kind of stock alert thing on your site.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/30/buy-us-this-earthbound-zero-nes-reproduction-cart/

What's the price range on that? It looks like it's gonna be expensive as hell. :lol:
I'll look into adding that sort of thing to the site. Not a bad idea at all.

Price is up on the site now.

Gah that's the third gaming site I've seen that on. The internet is going to make this impossible to get. Throw us a bone Wiggy and take some orders through CAG.
A lot of sites ending up re-blogging it from the original article (which was joystiq).

His site says that he doesn't plan to make this one limited and will produce it as long as it's in demand so it'll come back... question is, when? :whistle2:k
Making em as fast as possible. They take a TON of work :/

I won't post here about them, so keep an eye on the blog and/or FB page for updates.

Now we wait for the internets police officer number 1 that is otherwise known as needler...

I want wiggy to add a third floor to my house so I can store more anime up there.
Let's do it!!!

Damn bro, $150?!?! I'm happy for your success but the pokemon collector in me says I don't have to catch em' all.
That cart is cool as hell... but the "I need a box (a cardboard box, like other NES games) and manual" collector in me says I can't do it. I've been eyeing another repo EB Zero that has the box/manual but the cart is nowhere near as cool...

$150 is a bit rich for my blood but most of the impressions I've read about Wiggy's stuff seems to say that the premiums are well worth the quality, versus other ROM dumps. I'm sure if he mass produced these, they'd be cheaper but they probably wouldn't be as nicer either.

Don't get me wrong, it looks great, the 3D printer is really coming in handy but I can't justify the price on any repro. This game artistically really stands out, I wish the cart would look more like a traditional NES cart but I'm guessing he had his reasons for doing it that way.

Damn bro, $150?!?! I'm happy for your success but the pokemon collector in me says I don't have to catch em' all.
LOL! It's not gonna be for everyone, and I get that.

That cart is cool as hell... but the "I need a box (a cardboard box, like other NES games) and manual" collector in me says I can't do it. I've been eyeing another repo EB Zero that has the box/manual but the cart is nowhere near as cool...

$150 is a bit rich for my blood but most of the impressions I've read about Wiggy's stuff seems to say that the premiums are well worth the quality, versus other ROM dumps. I'm sure if he mass produced these, they'd be cheaper but they probably wouldn't be as nicer either.

Trust me, if I could make any cheaper, I would. There's just a TON of work that goes into every one. I was really close to doing the box/manual thing, but it would have ended up bumping the price higher, not to mention how much more work I would have to put in (and that's something that I'm already having a hard time managing).

Don't get me wrong, it looks great, the 3D printer is really coming in handy but I can't justify the price on any repro. This game artistically really stands out, I wish the cart would look more like a traditional NES cart but I'm guessing he had his reasons for doing it that way.
The reason I do pretty much everything the way I do is to NOT be like everyone else. It's not terribly difficult to put the game on a board and then paint a shell red. Lots of folks offer that sort of thing. My goal is to offer something that nobody else does, but that often means a lot of extra work on my part, which means I can't sell this sort of thing for what everyone else does.

I don't think any of my customers actually play the games that they've purchased from me. Any that I've talked to since have said that they'd rather keep sealed up and on display. I honestly can't feel too bad about that. It feels good to know that people want to keep something that I made up on display :D

I got my first big boy shelf today....I must say I am in love with it so far.  Seeing pretty much my whole collection on one unit is awesome :D

Finally got my game room 95% set up.  All of my current gen stuff is in my living room as well as PS2/GC/Wii games.  One of the walls of the room is for my wife's crafting.

Here's the back wall with the shelf that has my games on it.  The big tote on top is all handheld stuff.  My cat has also claimed the chair as her own.

This is most of my controllers.  Everything on top is just stuff I haven't done anything with yet.

My bookshelf with all of my Nintendo Powers and game boxes.  On top is a model 1 Gen/Sega CD.  Model 2 SMS, and mini SNES.  There's a couple random gaming-related board games on there too.  Some of my specialized controllers are on one shelf and there's a RedOctane DDR pad hiding behind it.

My audio tower with some of my systems.  Virtual Boy and Power Glove on top.  Atari 2600, XBox, Sega Saturn, Gamecube w/gameboy player, 3DO, and Sega Master System.

The TV stand with the rest of the systems.  Wii, N64, PS2, NES, SNES, Intellivision w/voice module, Sega Genesis/CD, Dreamcast.  All of the systems are hooked up with a series of 3 switch boxes, 3 power strips, and about 50 velcro cable ties.  I've got half of the systems plugged into 1 strip and the other half into a 2nd.  Both of those are plugged into a 3rd with the TV and one of the switch boxes (the only one that needs a power source) so I never have more than the TV and a few systems getting power at one time so I won't overload the circuit.  The famicom controller thing is a clock.

Not much over here.  Mostly my wife's crafting stuff, but I have one of my posters over here so I took a pic

I got my first big boy shelf today....I must say I am in love with it so far. Seeing pretty much my whole collection on one unit is awesome :D
Man, this is what I'm waiting to do when I move to my new place... I wanna get some of those shelves that let you see a large collection at once. They just look so much better that way.

Looks great man. What kind of a shelf is that (the black one in the back)?

They get delivered UPS, Fed Ex or other alternate carriers. I've delivered Bowflex machines to 2nd story apartments, those aren't fun! The only problem I've come across with shelving like that is making sure it arrives in one piece. Some guys are assholes and just leave the stuff at the door.

Well... I guess if you carry something that heavy up multiple floors and there's no answer at the door, you don't wanna take it back down. Turns out the apartments I'm looking at have a central receiving but they close before I'll get home.:whistle2:/

Finally got my game room 95% set up. All of my current gen stuff is in my living room as well as PS2/GC/Wii games. One of the walls of the room is for my wife's crafting.

Here's the back wall with the shelf that has my games on it. The big tote on top is all handheld stuff. My cat has also claimed the chair as her own.
Where did you get all of these wall decals? It's great to see some love for Bionic Commando and Blaster Master, which were basically my favorite games as a kid.

Where did you get all of these wall decals? It's great to see some love for Bionic Commando and Blaster Master, which were basically my favorite games as a kid.
They're just perlers and I made them all myself. I'll probably add some more eventually. I just need to pick some other games to make them from.

I could never find what I wanted (like SOPHIA in mid hover) so I just made them myself.  I've thought about selling them on etsy.  I just never wanted to make a ton of them and have them never sell.   I'd be willing to custom make them for people if they really wanted.  I find it kind of relaxing to do.

I think I'll try my hand at making a couple of things first. These beads are quite cheap (unlike the premade designs!) and I have way too much free time that gets wasted on boring crap.

Well I decided to rearrange some stuff and I'm getting rid of some furniture. Biggest change here is that I'm getting rid of a TV stand and a 27" tv that have been for my old school stuff. I rarely use that setup anymore. I know, kind of sad. But I don't have the time to play my old school stuff much. I enjoy my newer stuff my more plus I have an internship going on and college for one more year. I do still have a setup, though much smaller for my old school stuff. I will buy another TV for that shelf, but it will be pretty small and will be used to test stuff I buy at yard sales. I buy and sell a lot on CL and eBay. I have so much stuff in my house from this that I had to put some things in my moms office and basement. Because I'm taking out some furniture, I will be able to fit everything, except for a foosball table I bought last week. Unfortunately  business on CL has been slow because everyone in my area is too cheap. I do damn well at the area I attend college at, but not at home.

So here are some pics.

118dgye.jpg

Whole room

33dv90y.jpg

Newer gaming setup.

9zvj0m.jpg

Computer area. Have my Macbook plugged into a PS 3D Display. The shelf to the right is my small old school setup. Will have a small TV for that placed on top of the gray shelf. Games are on the bookshelf to the right of that, which actually spins 360 degrees which is cool.

2dqrozs.jpg

Ebay/CL stuff :/

Hmm my favorite thread on CAG seems to have died recently, so I figured it'd be a good time to post a look at my recently revitalized handheld collection. Growing rather quickly considering a month or two I had like none of these.

PVnw7GH.jpg

It hasn't died, but the way they restricted the way I can post pics on CAG now makes it harder for me to post as often. T___T

I will have an update soon though once some final things from this month's pickups arrive.

Anyone looking for Faselei for Neo Geo Pocket Color? Here's a copy for $27.97 shipped. It is the UK version, I know because I ordered one and it showed up today. I know some prefer US versions but the system is region free and this is entirely in English. You are very unlikely to ever see the US version cheaper than this... thought I'd pass the word along.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004SSMP/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

It hasn't died, but the way they restricted the way I can post pics on CAG now makes it harder for me to post as often. T___T

I will have an update soon though once some final things from this month's pickups arrive.
I think they removed all the picture related restrictions, didn't they?

I think they removed all the picture related restrictions, didn't they?
Oh, if they have, that would be great.

I haven't posted an update since that first week after 3.0 went up, so I wouldn't have noticed.

Well that'll certainly make it much easier then for when I update next time. ^__^

Are we going to see shelves hanging from your ceiling yet?  Or maybe some hidden storage under the floor boards?  Seems like about the only space you have left.

Hmm my favorite thread on CAG seems to have died recently, so I figured it'd be a good time to post a look at my recently revitalized handheld collection. Growing rather quickly considering a month or two I had like none of these.

PVnw7GH.jpg
That GBA seems to be missing a backlit screen ;)

bread's done
Back