Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

What shelves do you use for these? Want to get better shelves for my collection.

I aspire to have a collection like this one.

Question: Do you collect all DS games or just the ones you like?
That's the Atlantic Oskar 1080 shelf, but the previous generation one. The newer ones are not as well made which is discussed in some previous posts above as to the reasons.

The DS collection are all things I have played, so it's not just all DS games, but I do have shovelware in there, but doesn't mean they haven't been played at least once. But yeah, if I were to collect all DS games there would just be way too much shovelware to even hold on the shelf alone, so basically just things I can see myself playing for the most part. That's kind of how I am in general with my games, and anime. Things I will either play or watch at some point, and not just because, unless I've already seen it and I want to own the set for sentimental reasons.

Slowly rebuilding my collection.

I love of game stores around me living where I live. 

I get lots of cart only but I shop around ebay, BRE software and stuff like that, or just buy some in lots from CAG.

I want to have a collection like that someday. Most are what I wanna play or games Id like to have.

Gotta get them all.

Will try and look for those shelves too.

Damn that's nice.

Now I just need to convince you to make me a custom big box for Mother 3 and hope you can do it for under $100.

In all seriousness though, please do it and sell it to me.
Thank you!

Not quite the same, but I made this today :p

null_zpsc190d156.jpg

null_zps37f18dc1.jpg

Started putting together my IKEA Expedit tonight.....

missing 26 stupid dowel #@!@#% pieces, come on now.
Thanks for posting this because it made me learn that the Expedit line is dead. One of the shelves has been on my wishlist for years and this prompted me to finally get it. It was the last one in the store too.

Can anyone recommend some good quality shelves that I can buy today that are not out of stock or discontinued.

Want to good a great shelves for my room that look great and not pieces of crap that I have purchased in the past.

My friend got the new Atlantic Oskar and he hates it and sent it back.

Thanks for posting this because it made me learn that the Expedit line is dead. One of the shelves has been on my wishlist for years and this prompted me to finally get it. It was the last one in the store too.
They're not dead. They redesigned them slightly, and renamed them.

Can anyone recommend some good quality shelves that I can buy today that are not out of stock or discontinued.

Want to good a great shelves for my room that look great and not pieces of crap that I have purchased in the past.

My friend got the new Atlantic Oskar and he hates it and sent it back.
Probably not. All the good quality (non-Sauder) stuff I buy are usually randomly clearanced, such as from Target. The new Atlantic Oscars are crap, and even the older ones were not really "good" quality. They're just above average in respect to other particle board shelves.

I really like the two I got from Target though, which were actually at least partially solid wood. Rated to easily hold game guides without warping, and looks nice to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're not dead. They redesigned them slightly, and renamed them.
Yea, apparently the outer pieces are thinner now. Makes sense for them to save money that way since im sure they sell a crapton. Still glad i got the old version though, since its more aesthetically pleasing to me. I actually just bought a second 5x5 today. Hopefully contains all the pieces this time

Yea, i was able to go get them easily from the store. I also got two more smaller versions of the Expedit, since apparently the line is discontinued now and whatever stock is there is it.
I'm jealous. I've been wanting to get at least one of those for a couple of years now, but their shipping prices are outrageous.

^^I am in a condo and even with tons of insurance I am worried about my collection. I have all my Playstation stuff, DVDs, and CDs here, but the majority of my vintage stuff (cartridge games, records, comics) are at my parents house.
hey, just a heads up and some info for anyone else with collections (sentimental or valuable, but more valuable)-- you NEED supplemental insurance on these specific items. Your homeowners or renters insurance will not cover loss of specific collections over a given $ amount. I have my comic collection separately insured against loss and damages (well at least key silver age stuff). All that needed to be appraised and a separate policy written up for. You can find info about these limitations on the web, but don't get surprised if you need to log a claim and you get fuck all nothing for your collections that are valued in the thousands of dollars.

and no, I'm no Sy Sperling trying to sell you, but I don't want anyone to get burned. Many of these collections I see posted here would definitely need separate policies.

love the gaming pron, and need to get some photos up, but it's still a mess in my cave. And I haven't gotten some Nintendo posters from the Club framed yet. Anyway, hope this helps someone.

^^Thanks for the info. I have to talk to my insurance agent anyway since my rate went up about $10 a month. BTW since no one seemed to care in the comics thread, I picked up ASM 15 (1st app Kraven) for $10 after coupon and negotiating at half price books last week.

hey, just a heads up and some info for anyone else with collections (sentimental or valuable, but more valuable)-- you NEED supplemental insurance on these specific items. Your homeowners or renters insurance will not cover loss of specific collections over a given $ amount. I have my comic collection separately insured against loss and damages (well at least key silver age stuff). All that needed to be appraised and a separate policy written up for. You can find info about these limitations on the web, but don't get surprised if you need to log a claim and you get fuck all nothing for your collections that are valued in the thousands of dollars.

and no, I'm no Sy Sperling trying to sell you, but I don't want anyone to get burned. Many of these collections I see posted here would definitely need separate policies.

love the gaming pron, and need to get some photos up, but it's still a mess in my cave. And I haven't gotten some Nintendo posters from the Club framed yet. Anyway, hope this helps someone.
I know you need separate riders for some individual items like jewerly....but didn't think you needed a policy for a lot of separate items and it would just be covered under the "contents" section. Couldn't the same thing be said for clothes?

(emailed agent anyway to get details)

i Love that set from Ikea.

I have 2x2 and the 2x4. One in my living room and the long one in my bedroom.

They are great.

IKEA has a cool thing on clearance. It is called: antonius I assume that is the name of the product line. I picked up the covers/curtains for this series. They are nylon closet covers.(kinda like a window shade that doesnt retract). They were $2 per package and they work great to cover standard shelving units for a cleaner look. They are basically a curtain rod that is adjustable and they have this fabric that hangs from them. If you want to double them up then they look better, but if you just want to cover up ugly shelves and keep the dust off, you can cover 1 shelf per package. I bought a lot of them because you can make them work a lot of different ways.

Hopefully this pic will link:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/73183562667722581/

Thank you!

Not quite the same, but I made this today :p
Damn that's cool. How did you make that? Did you just take a box and stick the printed artwork on it? Or is the box printed like that?

I'm thinking about trying to make my own box this summer... when I have some free time.

IKEA has a cool thing on clearance. It is called: antonius I assume that is the name of the product line. I picked up the covers/curtains for this series. They are nylon closet covers.(kinda like a window shade that doesnt retract). They were $2 per package and they work great to cover standard shelving units for a cleaner look. They are basically a curtain rod that is adjustable and they have this fabric that hangs from them. If you want to double them up then they look better, but if you just want to cover up ugly shelves and keep the dust off, you can cover 1 shelf per package. I bought a lot of them because you can make them work a lot of different ways.

Hopefully this pic will link:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/73183562667722581/
$2 down from $152? Not too shabby

Damn that's cool. How did you make that? Did you just take a box and stick the printed artwork on it? Or is the box printed like that?

I'm thinking about trying to make my own box this summer... when I have some free time.
Thanks!

It's super easy. It's just a printed sleeve that slides over an box ;) I've made plenty of boxes with the art directly applied, but this technique is quick, simple, effective both in presentation and time/money spent :)

Nice collections, I really need to take a pic of mine. 

Off topic, I have a phat 60gb Ps3 that I wanted to paint. Anyone have any recommendations, anyone on here mod or paint consoles? Don't really want to do it myself, I'll screw it up o_O

I really want to post photos of my collection on here (mostly current gen/last gen games) but my problem is I keep buying more and am waiting for them in the mail so I wanna wait till I have a accurate description then I get them and then buy more.

Starting off just wanting a high gamerscore on my Gamertag and my backlog has grown out of control. If I see a good deal on a game I just can not pass it up! After I get this next shipment on the 22nd I might post my collection. Saying that the pre-owned games I bought from Best buy all come with original artwork....

Although, Shamefully, I think I spend more time on CAG, Bestbuy.com, 99gamers and lots others looking for good deals on games than I do actually playing the games I buy. I swear I have 40+ retail copies of games that I have not even touched yet. I also have a problem when it comes to my achievements and OCD, for instance. I bought Farcry 3 when it was on sale for $19.99 shortly after it came out. I knew it was a deal so I grabbed it. BUT I have not beaten Farcry 2 and gotten all the achievements yet, thus I can't start Farcry 3 until I do so...

OCD is a bitch

Haven't been collecting long, around 2 months now, but I've amassed quite a bit I think.

HTPcmEg.jpg

Thw0pzU.jpg

w4pJ8FU.jpg

oAU2UrN.jpg

Both flip binders are packed full of 100+ Disc Only PS2 Games

Pfffht. That's nothing =]
That isn't counting my many arcade games on my Xbox or all the PS+ games I got on my 1TB PS3 from the past couple years. And all the games on my vita I got from PS+ and played a couple minutes of. I think after I get this next shipment of games at the end of the week I'll upload a pic. Granted that the pre-owned games I bought come with original case and cover art. Crossing my fingers Bestbuy.com

I haven't counted in a while, but i'm well into the hundreds. Not saying that's a good thing. I probably have at least 40 just from PsX era. Now that I have my gaming mecca I plan on cutting the numbers down. Psx prob looks great on a 75in TV, lol.,

How do you guys store controllers? I easily have 100 that i need to clean and put away. I've been wiping them down, letting them dry, then using a zip tie to hold the cord. Have you guys found a better system? I've been trying to use an object I made to wrap the wires, but it isn't working very well.

How do you guys store controllers? I easily have 100 that i need to clean and put away. I've been wiping them down, letting them dry, then using a zip tie to hold the cord. Have you guys found a better system? I've been trying to use an object I made to wrap the wires, but it isn't working very well.
I rubberband the chords and store them in a drawer, although I imagine that doesn't work as well when you have that many (I've got about two dozen or so; 100+ would be crazy).

I rubberband the chords and store them in a drawer, although I imagine that doesn't work as well when you have that many (I've got about two dozen or so; 100+ would be crazy).
This is what I do. I don't wrap them around the controller (can result in the cords being warped) and I don't bundle them like ribbons (giving them the zig-zag pattern). I just roll it up and use a velcro zip tie thing.

This is what I do. I don't wrap them around the controller (can result in the cords being warped) and I don't bundle them like ribbons (giving them the zig-zag pattern). I just roll it up and use a velcro zip tie thing.
Worse than the warped cords, they're usually weakest at the point where the wires and controller meet. When you wrap them around, it usually puts a lot of stress on it, and I've seen a lot of old controllers with the rubber jacket separate from the controller.

I usually do bundle them like ribbons, and tape them with masking tape. I'd pull like, say, 13 inches of tape, fold it over and stick 12 inches of the sticky side to itself, with 1" left of actual sticky tape. Cheap way to wrap wires without leaving residue.

If I could get a crap load of the velcro wraps cheap I would be all over that. Tape degrades and discolors, so I shy away from that. I don't wrap around the controller. I wrap them like you would a guitar cord or an extension cord and leave room on either end so it doesnt put too much stress on the cord.

If I could get a crap load of the velcro wraps cheap I would be all over that. Tape degrades and discolors, so I shy away from that. I don't wrap around the controller. I wrap them like you would a guitar cord or an extension cord and leave room on either end so it doesnt put too much stress on the cord.
100 ties for $7.

http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Reusable-Self-Gripping-Inches-91140/dp/B001E1Y5O6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1395600090&sr=8-2&keywords=velcro+ties

I use them to tie pretty much all the cords on my entertainment area too. They're really thin but they're strong and work just as well as real velcro ties.

After cleaned and ready to store, a rubber band on just the cord then seal in a ziploc bag. Sounds silly, but really helps with things not getting tangled, even if they are all tied. A 60-pack isn't all that much (~$5) and it makes it really easy to store and take out whenever you need it from a drawer, cabinet, or wherever you put them all.

I don't use rubber bands cause they deteriorate but I do use ziplock bags. I get the kind with the zipper closure. It also helps keep things from rubbing against each other.

These are all so beautiful. I feel like I've finally found my people haha. Now to get my books and games organized:]

I like to post an update on my collection every year.  It has been over a year since my last update so I need to take some pictures soon.

We're moving to a place with less walls than our current place, so there's less space for shelves. Except for this 12' wall in a recessed area. So I expanded my 60" Elfa to 140". We put the tracks up this past weekend, and I just put up the two rows of shelves today, while the missus put away dishes.

PS3/360 games and a bluray case for scale (came from gohastings, so it's just about the only media I have that's not packed).

YPKbVXw.png

And I filled 5.5 large boxes with Lego sets. I think I have a hoarding problem.

Edit: My previous post from 3+ years ago with the 60" Elfa.

We're moving to a place with less walls than our current place, so there's less space for shelves. Except for this 12' wall in a recessed area. So I expanded my 60" Elfa to 140". We put the tracks up this past weekend, and I just put up the two rows of shelves today, while the missus put away dishes.

PS3/360 games and a bluray case for scale (came from gohastings, so it's just about the only media I have that's not packed).

YPKbVXw.png

And I filled 5.5 large boxes with Lego sets. I think I have a hoarding problem.

Edit: My previous post from 3+ years ago with the 60" Elfa.
That's gonna look so damn awesome.

Is one of the lights out or is the left side just without a light? Doesn't look right with only one side lit up.

bread's done
Back