Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

My collection of Ni No Kuni items. I really can't wait until I get a house so I can display my stuff properly.

Also, I don't have any friends to show this stuff to, so thanks! Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
My collection of Ni No Kuni items. I really can't wait until I get a house so I can display my stuff properly.

Also, I don't have any friends to show this stuff to, so thanks! Lol
Not missing much showing people your collection in person, unless you have some other die-hard gaming friends. Even with my very modest stash my friends / family think I'm going overboard (well, except for one friend who has collected since the NES era) and is more of a gawk than an actual appreciation.

I'll just post this as I was posting these in here originally, Neogaf got me back into recreating some of my own Genesis covers, so these are two that I just printed out.

9T1x7fv.jpg

Just awesome Bing147. Do you have plans or do you already have them all hooked up or displayed? I currently have different systems in 4 rooms in the house. I want to get all the retro systems together in one room but haven't done it yet because of lack of room and time.

Not missing much showing people your collection in person, unless you have some other die-hard gaming friends. Even with my very modest stash my friends / family think I'm going overboard (well, except for one friend who has collected since the NES era) and is more of a gawk than an actual appreciation.
I think you slowly learn to block that stuff out. People, especially older folks that lived in an era where entertainment wasn't typically kept in a physical form, tend to see games at "face value". You can't really blame them, as It's hard to look past a simple box and imagine a entire world inside with stories and experiences and challenges that they've never dreamed of. Gaming is a new medium of entertainment, so it's going to take a while for the world to catch up. Aside from the benefits of reading, It always amuses me that this:

3zaInRj.jpg

is less offensive than this:

n07k7DQ.jpg

Before we completely move on from the topic of game covers...has anyone had any success printing covers at Rite Aid? I've tried looking through the Cover Project forums but I didn't see any mention of it anywhere, so I thought I might as well ask here. I've been wanting to print some covers for quite some time, but Rite Aid is the only store we have with printing services.

Before we completely move on from the topic of game covers...has anyone had any success printing covers at Rite Aid? I've tried looking through the Cover Project forums but I didn't see any mention of it anywhere, so I thought I might as well ask here. I've been wanting to print some covers for quite some time, but Rite Aid is the only store we have with printing services.
No experience with Rite Aid but, you can order prints online I believe from Kinkos. There's an array of options for you to pick. I've looked into it myself for the same purpose but didn't actually use the service.

No experience with Rite Aid but, you can order prints online I believe from Kinkos. There's an array of options for you to pick. I've looked into it myself for the same purpose but didn't actually use the service.
I had thought about doing something like that, but they charge about $10 for shipping (even if it's just a single item), which is way too much. And on top of that, I imagine it's probably a bit more difficult to get copyrighted images printed this way. You can sometimes find employees who will let you print whatever you want, but this might not be the case with an online order.

Sega Saturn collection.  Purchased all these this year.  Getting into the Saturn game late but these 2 lots sure have kickstarted my collection.  I have a few more Saturn games on my radar from retailers I might have to add soon. 

gallery_354731_8396_1050180.jpg

gallery_354731_8396_645190.jpg

gallery_354731_8396_884360.jpg

gallery_354731_8396_982350.jpg

Nice set of Saturn games man, I took the opposite approach and went for a Japanese Saturn, I never see Saturn stuff around me and I am more of a SHMUP fan so buying a Japanese saturn made sense. Might pick up an action replay if I ever come across any of the Working Designs games though.

Sega Saturn collection. Purchased all these this year. Getting into the Saturn game late but these 2 lots sure have kickstarted my collection. I have a few more Saturn games on my radar from retailers I might have to add soon.
I got Sega Ages and Shining Wisdom for like $40 each a year or two ago, and now those games go for substantially more. I'm seeing these significant jumps in Saturn games and I'm just glad I got most of the ones I wanted before the prices started to hike even more. Too bad I put of N64 games for so long... those are climbing just as fast and I basically haven't gotten anything I wanted yet... of course, trying to find copies with boxes that aren't completely fucked up is another issue.

Finally got some actual shelves today so I can properly display my collection.
Looks good, but for the record, it's never a good idea to stack games horizontally. They cases are gonna end up scuffing one another pretty badly, no matter how careful you are.

If actual shelves are an issue, fill one row of games vertically, use a piece of cardboard (or cut out some of that foam poster board) and then stack another row on top of that.

I have mine like that too. Not too concerned about dvd cases, they're easily replaced if needed though I've seen no damage from it.

Looks good, but for the record, it's never a good idea to stack games horizontally. They cases are gonna end up scuffing one another pretty badly, no matter how careful you are.

If actual shelves are an issue, fill one row of games vertically, use a piece of cardboard (or cut out some of that foam poster board) and then stack another row on top of that.
Yep, I need to look around for some more shelves because I'd like to have them all lined up vertically to make it easier to grab one at a time, all my rarer PS2 games are on the top shelf not in the stacks, so I'm not too worried about it. Good to know though.

Yep, I need to look around for some more shelves because I'd like to have them all lined up vertically to make it easier to grab one at a time, all my rarer PS2 games are on the top shelf not in the stacks, so I'm not too worried about it. Good to know though.
When it came to shelving for me, I went to a Menards/Home Depot/Lowe's and they usually have random pieces of shelves. I bought some black ones to match my shelf and I actually work at a place where countertops are produced so I go them cut to the right size and I also picked up some replacement pegs for shelving units and everything worked out quite well, if I do say. A few of my shelves don't have the height clearence for full DVD cases though, I just placed Xbox One/PS3 cases or trinkets on those shelves.

I'm currently building an entertainment center out of solid hickory. I have some drawings of the project. I have the cabinet the TV sits on built as well as the two outer towers. The towers have a back on them (not shown in the drawing photos) to prevent games/dvds from falling out.

entertainmentcenter.jpg

entertainmentcenter2.jpg
Update - Added some photos of the current progress on the inner towers. (Family member had an arm injury so its taking a little longer than planned).

351ekw4.jpg

2hxq8eq.jpg

2nuhg6b.jpg

2vdo51y.jpg

29yi6no.jpg

This is for you Wiggy!

frankenshelves!
I am really scared to see these. Please, show me. All I can imagine is a bunch of lopsided shelves duct-taped together with bad christmas lighting and "add-on" shelves that were saudered onto the side.

I never understood how people find that time to do that kind of stuff...
Its kind of the same with other hobbies. I personally do cosplay armor-smithing nowadays. You kinda just make time.

You could always do the poor man's solution like my frankenshelves!
I got some frakenshelving going... not as serious as yours, but I've got some. I'd just love to have a very uniform system though, you know?

But that's not gonna happen until I settle down somewhere.

I've been trying to finally cleanup the random piles I call a collection, but can't seem to find what I am looking for.  I have one of the big media shelf units but starting to not like everything displayed. 

The only option I can think of, I'm not sure where to find.  Any ideas where to get a drawer system that somewhere like Gamestop uses behind the counter?  Seems like they are longer than what I'm able to find.  

Updated photos of Entertainment Center/Collection Storage

s66hpw.jpg

c6d8y.jpg

2dh7kon.jpg

169esnc.jpg

Attached the trim pieces to the bottom cabinets today. Next up is to attach the trim pieces to the top, Cut the doors to size, router the edges and put the hinges on.

Are you making that in a workshop or something? I'm seeing lots of other furniture there...
Family member has a bunch of woodworking tools in his pole barn. Other furniture isn't custom made. Just stuff he has collected over the years to fill his barn with seating.

the first guy would be us if we didnt buy massive amounts of things. which we all do since we get them cheaply

also, if i wiggy 3 times, think he will show?

wiggyx, wiggyx wiggyx
What?! How did I end up here? I was just sitting here eating dinner and all of a sudden *POOF* here I am!

Madness...

Update - Added some photos of the current progress on the inner towers. (Family member had an arm injury so its taking a little longer than planned).

351ekw4.jpg

2hxq8eq.jpg

2nuhg6b.jpg

2vdo51y.jpg

29yi6no.jpg

This is for you Wiggy!
That shit is gonna be NUTS when done!

Just mention you clean your carts using spit and an oily rag.
I'm not gonna lie, I'm actually in tears from laughter!

wiggy, how much have you spent roughly on new cases?

also, how are the blank cases from customgamecases.com?
Just the cases themselves? Well I think I bought all of mine when they were $50 per case of 100, then figure 15 or so for shipping. I've got about 650 cases on the walls here, sooooooo...

$425-ish. Wow. That seems sorta crazy when I actually do the math. Not to mention ink and paper, plus DS cases.

The GB cases? They're really nice. Very close to OEM quality. Totally the best solution for GB/GBC/GBA games :)

I just oraganized a years worth of purchases that were thrown on the closet floor and put them on my man-shelves. Had to sacrifice taking down DVD movies since I ran out of room.

bread's done
Back