Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

I don't have one of those but I think it would be awesome, with smaller shelves... so you can have different columns of different heights. 

Honestly, most brands I've seen on here warp. Mine haven't, but it also costs more. Considering it's 3x 30" + 2x 24" across.

You can stagger the heights, but it'll cost a little more, and the width changes a little.

Honestly, most brands I've seen on here warp. Mine haven't, but it also costs more. Considering it's 3x 30" + 2x 24" across.

You can stagger the heights, but it'll cost a little more, and the width changes a little.
Would you mind divulging the cost and brand? I've got a bit of $$$ from hosting my own yardsale and selling on eBay to get rid of stuff before I move.

Would you mind divulging the cost and brand? I've got a bit of $$$ from hosting my own yardsale and selling on eBay to get rid of stuff before I move.
It's Elfa's from the container store. Total cost of 140" across, 9' ish height was in the neighborhood of $650.

I originally had about 40% of it at a previous residence, and expanded it when I moved to my current place.

I even got a couple of the shelves at scratch & dent prices, cause you couldn't see it anyways.

Edit: Some of the prices went up since I bought mine. It's $940 without discounts now, $750 with the 20% off sale they have annually. Probably about $50-100 more than I paid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just moved into a new house and we are building Wrap around shelf's from scratch for the whole room and this is how the first part of the back wall works. The supports we built are meant to hold 220 pounds each shelf with only about 50 pounds on each so that they wont bend

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140380499@N04/27100892535/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140380499@N04/27032583131/in/dateposted-public/
That's just cool... floating shelves are so nice. If I had the money, I'd hire someone to do some for me... no way I'd trust myself to do something like that, ha.

I am finishing up my basement this weekend and need a suggestion for an entertainment center. I am looking for something that can fit 18 video game consoles in it. Everybody that I have asked tells me to build one, but I dont really have the time, patience, or skill to build one. Also if I could keep it under $200 that would be great.

I am finishing up my basement this weekend and need a suggestion for an entertainment center. I am looking for something that can fit 18 video game consoles in it. Everybody that I have asked tells me to build one, but I dont really have the time, patience, or skill to build one. Also if I could keep it under $200 that would be great.
Depending on space you could go modular. I have 3 pieces in this pic. I think its about 15' across (75" tv for reference). Def not $200 though.

BFbUidS.jpg

Going to have to re-design a new basement in a few months, so i'll keep that in mind =]
Hahah... wasn't entirely serious, just jealous.

Given how much space you have, I'm surprised you haven't set up a projector. Seems like it'd be perfect, given you're in the basement.

Hahah... wasn't entirely serious, just jealous.

Given how much space you have, I'm surprised you haven't set up a projector. Seems like it'd be perfect, given you're in the basement.
I'll probably re-investigate it again, but i thought there was an issue with lag with projectors that caused me to veer towards the TV - also was an issue of a lot of natural light down here now that might've caused issues with stuff in daytime.

I'll probably re-investigate it again, but i thought there was an issue with lag with projectors that caused me to veer towards the TV - also was an issue of a lot of natural light down here now that might've caused issues with stuff in daytime.
Now that you mention it, I actually I think remember something like that as to why you went with a TV vs projector when you originally posted some progress pics... or maybe when you originally posted that set up.

Either way, can't wait to see what you end up doing.

Finally got my ikea shelves full. I either need to stop or get more shelves.

[attachment=22117:20160529_183551.jpg]

Figured it was time to post an update to my collection (apologies for some of the waviness of my panoramas):

Four-wall panorama of my game library room:

Game%20Room%20Panorama%20-%20300t.png

From top to bottom:

Shelves 1-2: complete US 3DO set

Shelves 3-4: complete factory-sealed Jaguar & Jaguar CD set (w/ all cover variants), several CIB Atari 2600, 5200, & 7800 games

Shelf 5: PS1 standard jewel case-size games

Shelf 6 (spilling on to 7): complete US Vita set, all Asian exclusives w/ English, & several Euro exclusives

Shelf 7: nearly complete PS1 longbox set (w/ all cover and case type variants)

CallidusGameRoom-06-02-2016-01-800.png

Shelf 1: PS1 longboxes from above

Shelf 2 (and first half of 3): PS2 

Shelves 4-6 (and second half of 3): PS3

CallidusGameRoom-06-02-2016-02-800.png

Sega Genesis, a few Master System (top left), and complete 32X cart & CD set (bottom)

CallidusGameRoom-06-02-2016-03-800.png

Complete US Sega CD set (w/ all cover variants, still working on all Working Designs disk art variants):

CallidusGameRoom-06-02-2016-04-800.png

Left shelves: PSP games and various Jag & 3DO hardware/accessories

Right shelves: Turbo Grafx 16/CD & Sega Saturn

CallidusGameRoom-06-02-2016-05-800.png

Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One (and several cart-only NES games randomly on the bottom - just sort of hanging out because I only count CIB stuff as part of my collection, because I'm Collector-OCD):

CallidusGameRoom-06-02-2016-06-800.png

Shelf 1: over-sized Nintendo stuff (Earthbound, Aladdin stuff, etc)

Shelves 2-3: over-sized Wii U and 3DS bundles

Shelves 4-7: Wii U (working on a complete US set)

Shelf 8: Dreamcast

Shelf 9: the rest of the cart-only NES stuff and cart-only Atari 2600

CallidusGameRoom-06-02-2016-07-800.png

Shelves 1-4: about 1/3 of the US NES set

CallidusGameRoom-06-02-2016-08-800.png

Shelves 1-2: SNES

Shelf 3: N64

Shelf 4: Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GameBoy Advance, & complete Virtual Boy set

Shelves 5-6: Nintendo DS & 3DS

Shelf 7: GameCube & Wii

CallidusGameRoom-06-02-2016-09-800.png

The entrance to my Collector's / Limited Editions closet (the closet is too packed to take a picture of at the moment.  I'll update that later.

CallidusGameRoom-06-02-2016-10-800.png

PS4 (and Everdrive flash carts - NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, TurboGrafx, GameBoy, GameGear)

CallidusGameRoom-06-02-2016-11-800.png

The custom game console entertainment center that I'm building should be completed in the next week or so.  I'll post a pic of that once it's ready.  It will house up to 30 consoles, with a hidden rear chamber for cable management, be fully LED lit, and climate controlled to protect against overheating systems.   Should be pretty slick.

Figured it was time to post an update to my collection (apologies for some of the waviness of my panoramas):

From top to bottom:

Shelves 3-4: complete factory-sealed Jaguar & Jaguar CD set (w/ all cover variants), several CIB Atari 2600, 5200, & 7800 games

Shelf 6 (spilling on to 7): complete US Vita set, all Asian exclusives w/ English, & several Euro exclusives

Sega Genesis, a few Master System (top left), and complete 32X cart & CD set (bottom)

Complete US Sega CD set (w/ all cover variants, still working on all Working Designs disk art variants):

Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One (and several cart-only NES games randomly on the bottom - just sort of hanging out because I only count CIB stuff as part of my collection, because I'm Collector-OCD):

The entrance to my Collector's / Limited Editions closet (the closet is too packed to take a picture of at the moment. I'll update that later.

PS4 (and Everdrive flash carts - NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, TurboGrafx, GameBoy, GameGear)

The custom game console entertainment center that I'm building should be completed in the next week or so. I'll post a pic of that once it's ready. It will house up to 30 consoles, with a hidden rear chamber for cable management, be fully LED lit, and climate controlled to protect against overheating systems. Should be pretty slick.
WOW that is impressive. Cant wait to see the console center when its done.

The custom game console entertainment center that I'm building should be completed in the next week or so. I'll post a pic of that once it's ready. It will house up to 30 consoles, with a hidden rear chamber for cable management, be fully LED lit, and climate controlled to protect against overheating systems. Should be pretty slick.
Holy shit, what a collection.:applause:

Very impressive. People who track down complete collections amaze me. The stack of collector's editons does make wince for the games at the bottom, however.

Haha thanks guys.  It's been a lot of fun going back and trying to piece together complete CIB sets over the years.  Some stuff I've had since it was purchased new back in the day, but there were definitely a lot of gaps to go fill in.

Salty - yeah the CE stack isn't a permanent solution (and the ones on the bottom are all sturdy boxes that won't end up with any crush damage).  All of the CEs/LEs in the closet are shelved, just need to make some more room for these and have a decent display solution.

I'm tentatively planning on spending all day next Saturday finishing up my console cabinet, so hopefully I'll have some pics Sunday or so.

Well... it's official. Loan cleared (conditionally, but apparently it means 99% officially) and it looks like I've got a massive move to plan for next month...:whistle2:

From top to bottom:

The entrance to my Collector's / Limited Editions closet (the closet is too packed to take a picture of at the moment. I'll update that later.

Looks like the same shelving i used in my game closet =]

Congrats Vinny. Looking forward to seeing pics of the setup once you're all settled in.
Thanks. Not gonna be as nice anymore b/c everything will need to be spread out (likely between two rooms)... but it beats having to cram everything in a 12x10 room that I've had my stuff in for the last 10 years, not to mention I've run of space.

Hey, how do you search for a specific users post here (to find their collection)?  i.e. I'm trying to find my specific post here hahaha~

TIA!

Thanks. Not gonna be as nice anymore b/c everything will need to be spread out (likely between two rooms)... but it beats having to cram everything in a 12x10 room that I've had my stuff in for the last 10 years, not to mention I've run of space.
Hey, that's how I'm set up, so don't fret. ;D

Well moving day is upon me and my collection is packed up. Huge thanks to those that recommended the elfa shelving. Lucked out and the previous homeowners had that exact shelving in the closets! I only need to buy a couple bars now and some shelf clips. I figure shelving wood from lowes would suffice for custom length shelves.

However, I'm looking for suggestions on how to make bookends that would go on the end of said custom shelves since they will end in the middle of a wall.

Seems like a bunch of you are moving around this summer.

Better post those pics once you've settled in to the new home!
All the piecemeal storage is getting out-of-hand and I said fuck it and decided to re-use a few old ones and get a few new cabinets. I already got one and will likely get another one. The one I bought is this gorgeous monstrosity but I already regret buying it b/c it arrived in 3 separate boxes and in total, weighs 200+ lbs. It'll be weeks before I have it built.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002C1O04M/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=HC2EPTCN0WN2&coliid=I1CX7LZTFP9V7K&psc=1

I likely won't have my collection posted for months, once all is said and done.

EDIT* Bonus, I packed up nearly all of my opened GC games and most of the opened Wii games... and am now starting to realize how fucking daunting this is going to be.

[attachment=22879:ninty.jpg]

All gone!
Man, I wish I had shelves like that.

Still have to wire everything up and put the TV up but this is the current setup.
Are you really going to wire up all those systems, at once? Never really got the point of having more than maybe 2-3 systems hooked up at once. I get that, sometimes you wanna just randomly fire something up, but it doesn't take that long to hook up a system assuming you've got a decent enough receiver.

Not a fan of white but that shelve set up is on point. :applause:

Man, I wish I had shelves like that.

Are you really going to wire up all those systems, at once? Never really got the point of having more than maybe 2-3 systems hooked up at once. I get that, sometimes you wanna just randomly fire something up, but it doesn't take that long to hook up a system assuming you've got a decent enough receiver.

Not a fan of white but that shelve set up is on point. :applause:
You're crazy :) I wish I had Ship's setup where you switch from NES to PS4 at the push of a button.

You're crazy :) I wish I had Ship's setup where you switch from NES to PS4 at the push of a button.
I mean, I get the idea behind it... it's just that I've never said, "Boy, Uncharted 4 sure is fun. I think I'll play some SMB3 now" is what I meant. Then again, I usually only play 1-2 games at a time until I finish them.

So I had to get AT&T internet installed and shit got real with how much stuff I have. I bought 10 of these and that only stored about 1/20 of my game collection (they were on sale for $5.xx each at costco).  I will not be able to display my collection until I by a bigger home.

So I had to get AT&T internet installed and shit got real with how much stuff I have. I bought 10 of these and that only stored about 1/20 of my game collection (they were on sale for $5.xx each at costco). I will not be able to display my collection until I by a bigger home.
Because the dude couldn't get to places to install it?

For $5, i would buy a bunch of those - instore only? Didn't see online costco.com.

bread's done
Back