Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

Re-uploaded collection photos with larger view of the Mega Man figures (last photo) as requested. By the way, I'm curious to see what you guys think of my collection layout and the like... any comments, suggestions, thoughts, etc. would be great.

Click on the photos for large views.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Has anyone yet braved the unsafe world of ceiling storage? It's always been a fantasy of mine to make use of that untapped resource--and aerial storage options actually do exist! Just google "ceiling mounted storage racks" and you'll see what I mean.

Something like this Suncast job would be great aesthetically, but the vertical height makes the apparatus unsuitable for bedroom use.

http://www.amazon.com/Suncast-Ceili...ref=sr_1_8?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1286976568&sr=1-8[/QUOTE]

Seems like it wouldn't be very convenient since you'd need a chair or ladder every time you wanted to access something from that.

[quote name='Vinny']Seems like it wouldn't be very convenient since you'd need a chair or ladder every time you wanted to access something from that.[/QUOTE]

I'm tall, so nyah. It's more of a problem if the rack is too low (then I might hit my head on it). Still, it's something I'd like to try one day, if only to prove that there are other means of storage 'n' presentation than the wall of games set-up.

[quote name='skiizim']Why do you post a video of what you have if your just going to turn around and sell it on ebay?[/QUOTE]

I sell old games I don't play on Ebay to pay for new games I do play. Right now I'm selling a bit more to make up for the Neo Geo MVS I just bought. Is there a CAG rule against selling on Ebay or something? I don't like to piss money away on video games, so I hit up flea markets, yard sales and flip the stuff I don't want and keep what I do, I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

I could care less what you sell on ebay, my whole point is what's the point of making that video and showing off what you have (which is the point of this thread), if a day later your going to throw a lot of that stuff you showed there just to put on ebay.

[quote name='skiizim']I could care less what you sell on ebay, my whole point is what's the point of making that video and showing off what you have (which is the point of this thread), if a day later your going to throw a lot of that stuff you showed there just to put on ebay.[/QUOTE]

A lot of what is on Ebay is doubles of what I already own. The only game that is not a double in my collection is Klonoa, and the game did not impress me enough for me to keep. If the point of this thread is to show off what you have, then stop coming on here just to ask retarted questions and try not worrying about what I do.

Here's the latest view of everything.

I added a nice shelving unit to home all my accessories and my handhelds, so they can be out of the way of the consoles.

Here we go,

cimg0349.jpg

cimg0354.jpg

cimg0352g.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']This thread always makes me feel a bit better about how much time I dedicate to gaming.[/QUOTE]

this thread makes me feel one with friends Ill never meet lol

So I finally bought my own place! Here's how my collection/setup is looking so far. Planning on getting a new TV soon since my current 32" LCD is a bit small from the distance I have it now.

156oe.jpg

159la.jpg

160wr.jpg

162ce.jpg

163xr.jpg

164a.jpg

165wf.jpg

166x.jpg

167t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='StripesOrBars']just got wild guns for the snes!!!

when my fiance gets home with her slr ill take pics of my sub par collection![/QUOTE]

From the Swap?

Tooshorty, I actually have that same Yoshi stuffed toy around my room somewhere. I remember back when Wal-Mart had them available in all different colors. Good ol' days of the N64 era.

[quote name='Rozz']Tooshorty, I actually have that same Yoshi stuffed toy around my room somewhere. I remember back when Wal-Mart had them available in all different colors. Good ol' days of the N64 era.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I too have that Yoshi, as well as wing-capped Mario and Bowser (from the same series). Got them at Sears long ago, and like all my gaming stuff, is collecting dust in my (old room at my) parents house. :lol:

[quote name='Rig']Heh, I too have that Yoshi, as well as wing-capped Mario and Bowser (from the same series). Got them at Sears long ago, and like all my gaming stuff, is collecting dust in my (old room at my) parents house. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I actually have a complete set I got from Nintendo Power many years ago. Mario, Luigi, D.K., Yoshi, Toad, Wario and I think maybe Walugi and Peach.

[quote name='Matedawg11']Nice collection Tooshorty, and its in alphabetical order :D[/QUOTE]
Only way to do it! Looks much neater IMO and it's far easier to find things.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']mega man x 2 and 3 complete. . . .[/QUOTE]
I do love my Mega Man games :)

[quote name='StripesOrBars']tooshorty, why greatest hits/players choice games tho?[/QUOTE]
I'm working on replacing them now. They annoy me to no end. Most I got either when I was younger, through Goozex or on a really, really good deal.

I don't have too many that are too important to me so they're on the bottom of my list for replacing. Actively looking to trade out the bold ones, will eventually get them all.

(PS1)
Crash 2
Final Fantasy Tactics
Gran Turismo
Syphon Filter
Syphon Filter 2
Tetris Plus
Tomb Raider II
Xenogears

(PS2)
Black
Devil May Cry
Killzone
Max Payne
Red Faction
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Soul Calibur III

(GCN)
Four Swords
Windwaker
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Resident Evil

(360)
Army of Two
Bad Company
Call of Duty 3

[quote name='StripesOrBars']New house, perhaps?[/QUOTE]

And that is when you know you're a true gamer. You buy a bigger house for your collection.

[quote name='DarkRider23']And that is when you know you're a true gamer. You buy a bigger house for your collection.[/QUOTE]

That or constructing new rooms/floors to add to your house to put your collection in. I had a friend that did that, lol...

Crazy bastard @_@

[quote name='Squarehard']That or constructing new rooms/floors to add to your house to put your collection in. I had a friend that did that, lol...

Crazy bastard @_@[/QUOTE]
More like a paragon of video game collecting excellence :drool:

Vid of my collection i just shot(audio compliments of: Youtube's "I'm Feeling Lucky" track randomizer):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8l2WUUY2Yo

this was the song i wanted(yes i know its a minute short):

Im currently waiting on:

from ckonze
Castlevania Bloodlines(my first Genesis game since like 94!!!)
Mega Man X 2(With box)
Mega Man 7(SNES)
Final Fantasy II(SNES)
Breath of Fire(SNES)
Breath of Fire II(SNES)
Snowboard Kids 2(N64)
Mario Kart 64

from Sirplue
Puzzle Fighter GBA Sealed
Castlevania Harmony of Dissonace CIB
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Street Fighter II GB

from shytface
ssf4 sealed(ps3)
magna carta 2 sealed(360)
tales of vesperia
tatsunoko vs capcom sealed
borderlands goty sealed(ps3)

Lowball/ebay stuff waiting on
9(Blu)
bucket list(blu)
glory of heracles
metal gear solid 3 sealed
mass effect 2 sealed(360)
clay fighter sculptors cut
bomberman 64 second attack

its been a fairly decent month of trading for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an interesting way of storing SNES carts you have there; it's like you can walk in and take a shot off the bar. :)

For whatever reason, it never occurred to me to store carts upright on a shelf :bouncy:

i invested like $28 5 years ago and got 30 dust covers off ebay(i say invested because 1/3 of the carts have save data i dont wanna lose).

now i cant stack my carts because of the plastic protectors.

>.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']i invested like $28 5 years ago and got 30 dust covers off ebay(i say invested because 1/3 of the carts have save data i dont wanna lose).

now i cant stack my carts because of the plastic protectors.

>.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']

You think one day a whole bunch of SNES RPGs are going to need their back-up batteries replaced?[/QUOTE]

Those batteries don't last forever. I've personally experienced N64 games that ran out of battery so it's inevitable that you will have to replace the SNES batteries eventually.

IS(L): yeah but not showing 1/2 of your snes games(personally my favorite part of my collect) isnt an option in my mind.

that 8 cart holder is pretty sweet.

i have a 12 cart holder and a 24 cart holder(coming in the mail from ckonze) that holds both snes and n64 carts as well(says Nintendo 64 across the front, think you had to order it from nintendo?).

Rozz/IS: lol, ive replaced more 3.8 mm bits(damn flea market lol) than batteries in nintendo cartridges.

pokemon GB batteries seem to be the ones that need replacing the most(1 in like 5 carts id say).

snes batteries seem to always be fine in my findings.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']IS(L): yeah but not showing 1/2 of your snes games(personally my favorite part of my collect) isnt an option in my mind.

i have a 12 cart holder and a 24 cart holder(coming in the mail from ckonze) that holds both snes and n64 carts as well(says Nintendo 64 across the front, think you had to order it from nintendo?).

Rozz/IS: lol, ive replaced more 3.8 mm bits(damn flea market lol) than batteries in nintendo cartridges.

pokemon GB batteries seem to be the ones that need replacing the most(1 in like 5 carts id say).

snes batteries seem to always be fine in my findings.[/QUOTE]

I've only had one SNES game's battery run out of me (Super Mario All-Stars.) A couple of old GB games have run out, too. The only GBC games that have run out were the Pokemon ones as mentioned. Typically they are the Silver/Gold versions because of the real-time features that those games had (they had different batteries than most GBC games and unfortunately last less than 10 years.) The good things about batteries is that they are cheap to replace.

[quote name='Rozz']Those batteries don't last forever. I've personally experienced N64 games that ran out of battery so it's inevitable that you will have to replace the SNES batteries eventually.[/QUOTE]

And when you replace the batteries, doesn't that wipe out the saved games? I've got an Actraiser cart on the blink that I know I'm going to have to work on sometime, the game part itself works no problem but the saves hold like a watering can with holes poked into the bottom.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']IS(L): yeah but not showing 1/2 of your snes games(personally my favorite part of my collect) isnt an option in my mind.

snes batteries seem to always be fine in my findings.[/QUOTE]

I know what you're saying on the display front; one of these days I'm going to go the bvharris route and get me some universal display cases. Even with all the storage options I have right now, there doesn't seem to be too many ways for keeping individual carts and manuals together. Yeah, somebody else might go the CIB route for everything, but it'd rather flip most of that stuff.

Could be. Nintendo lost me for a little while during the n64 era, so I couldn't say for sure whether your 24 count was an official holder. One way to know for sure would be to hunt up an old catalog!

bread's done
Back