Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='wolfman27']Luckily my wife gave me a few rooms in the basement. :eek:)
[/QUOTE]

The best room I've seen on CAG.:applause:

That stack of PS1 games would make me nervous though.

[quote name='Vinny']The best room I've seen on CAG.:applause:

That stack of PS1 games would make me nervous though.[/QUOTE]

I really like it too!

My concern is for the cords on the hanging items. Think about the cords man!

[quote name='Vinny']The best room I've seen on CAG.:applause:

That stack of PS1 games would make me nervous though.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing at first too, but then I realized it's actually that curvy CD rack that makes it look like it's about to fall all over, lol.

[quote name='Squarehard']I thought the same thing at first too, but then I realized it's actually that curvy CD rack that makes it look like it's about to fall all over, lol.[/QUOTE]

Oh... yeah, then it's all good.:lol:

What I like about wolfman's collection is the use of the NES track and field mats to store/pull stuff out easily from under the bowling machine(at least I assume that is the use?) I've been trying to think of uses for my broken DDR mats. May try something like this.

Here's my current gen stuff:

A couple of close ups:

PSX, GCN, PS2, N64, DC, SNES, GBA are all in a couple of other rooms. Here's a shot from a couple of years ago that shows most of the GCN and PS2 games, there's an equal amount of DC and PSX games, though.

[quote name='wolfman27']Luckily my wife gave me a few rooms in the basement. :eek:)

[IMG-L=8106]26679[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=8106]26671[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=8106]26670[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=8106]26669[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=8106]26686[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=8106]26685[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=8106]26674[/IMG-L]

[IMG-C=8106]26677[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=8106]26676[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=8106]26675[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=8106]26687[/IMG-L]
[/QUOTE]

Good lord.

Part of me wants to call you a dork.

The other part of me wants to masturbate.

Getting moved in and slowly putting the room together.. Mostly excited to be able to use the projector.
3.jpg

1.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. It took a few years and more garage sales than I would care to admit to put that room together. I never would have even thought of collecting old game items if it weren't for the Garage Sale thread and the crazy finds on there. Theenternal, is that one of those japanese style arcade cabinets? The PS1 games are on a curvy rack. TheMightySlinky, I bought that banner on ebay for $20 shipped. The only problem now is that I have no more room. I had to put all my PS2 and XBox games in my record case, and the current gen stuff is upstairs or in the movie room. Oh, and AugustAPC, my wife agrees with you on the whole dork thing.

[quote name='wolfman27']Thanks for the comments guys. It took a few years and more garage sales than I would care to admit to put that room together. I never would have even thought of collecting old game items if it weren't for the Garage Sale thread and the crazy finds on there. Theenternal, is that one of those japanese style arcade cabinets? The PS1 games are on a curvy rack. TheMightySlinky, I bought that banner on ebay for $20 shipped. The only problem now is that I have no more room. I had to put all my PS2 and XBox games in my record case, and the current gen stuff is upstairs or in the movie room. Oh, and AugustAPC, my wife agrees with you on the whole dork thing. [/QUOTE]

I read the bold part as "Slowdive you inspired me to go to garage sales with your glorious vintage game finds and witty banter."

[quote name='TheMightySlinky']any of you guys that collect older systems know of a goot place to get Genesis stuff other than ebay? i need to find a set of cords and a 6 button controller.[/QUOTE]

Might try local places that carry vintage stuff. I know in the Midwest we have vintage stock and ofcourse mom and pop places. Could try thrift stores and pawn shops too...

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Might try local places that carry vintage stuff. I know in the Midwest we have vintage stock and ofcourse mom and pop places. Could try thrift stores and pawn shops too...[/QUOTE]

I have watched videos of vintage stock online... that place looks bad ass.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']I have watched videos of vintage stock online... that place looks bad ass.[/QUOTE]

They have a cool setup. Though I think prices on some items are high.

[quote name='TheMightySlinky']any of you guys that collect older systems know of a goot place to get Genesis stuff other than ebay? i need to find a set of cords and a 6 button controller.[/QUOTE]

I've got a 6-button that I don't need, considering I no longer own a Genesis and have no desire to ever pick another up. PM me if you want it.

I can't pick at it, the images are too small and blurry LOL!

Looks like a lot of DVDs. Correct? I'd love to see some better and bigger pics of it all :)

edit: D'oh! Didn't realize they are thumbnails. That's what I get for browsing on my phone.

[quote name='wiggyx']I've got a lot of the same movies (save for the wrastling stuff).[/QUOTE]

I love pro wrestling.

It's just too fun not to watch.

Also I just realized I am missing the left upper corner of my collection.. fuck

Well, get to it! :p

I cleaned up and organized my office/studio last night. It was freakin' mess, but now it's a lot tidier and WAY easier to find what I need.

While it's not so much "my collection" in the traditional sense, there are plenty of games and systems in here. I'll snap a few pics later and post 'em up! Consider it my secondary collection filled with non-working items, semi-working items, and some completely up-and-running projects :D

[quote name='doodmandood']

My current collection.

Pick at it as you will. :bouncy:
[/QUOTE]

Can we be friends, just because I loved seeing the Pokemon!? :D

I actually have a Bulbasaur plush that couldn't make it into the photos sadly.

He is in the top left of the overall photo.

You can see his legs haha.

[quote name='doodmandood']I actually have a Bulbasaur plush that couldn't make it into the photos sadly.

He is in the top left of the overall photo.

You can see his legs haha.[/QUOTE]

KK Slider FTW

[quote name='ryuk1214']Does anyone here with a 300+ video game collection actually fucking beat ALL their games? just wondering.[/QUOTE]

No. But I have beaten 300+ games.

I've definitely beaten 300+ games, but there's way more that I own that I haven't beaten, that's for sure. Hell, I probably haven't ever played about 1/5 of them.

So, here's my "other" collection (mostly of projects to be completed and other junk).

Where I sit for a good chunk of the day.

DSC02276.jpg

The spot where I make a mess most often.

DSC02275.jpg

Little make-shift cutting station for all the silly covers I'm making.

DSC02270.jpg

And the collection of hardware that are in various states of repair or disrepair (however you wanna look at it).

DSC02274.jpg

DSC02273.jpg

[quote name='lmz00']I don't even think I've beaten 30 games in my entire life.[/QUOTE]

I don't even play games more then maybe 5-6 hours a week and I beat at least 30 games just last year.

I've beaten probably 100+ games... If I put all the time I spent on MUDs/MMOs into games with endings, I'd probably have next to no backlog. Let's just say it was over 365 days logged over 12 years.

[quote name='wiggyx']So, here's my "other" collection (mostly of projects to be completed and other junk).

[/QUOTE]

I would love to have a room like that... I don't do customization or repairs, but I spend a lot of time cleaning discs, manuals, cases, etc. for any used items I buy (amazing how even clean looking new games end up being so dirty). I've also begun cleaning the internal components of older carts and replacing their batteries.

Just got done cleaning my room so figured I'd post a couple photos of my collection for you guys. Please note this is just a bedroom so I don't have much to work with, but I make due with what I've got. :)

Here's my bookcase

photo-4.jpg

Close-up of current-gen games

photo-5.jpg

Close-up of my movies/blurays/retro games etc

photo-10.jpg

Here's a few posters, I have a lot more than what's up in my room right now, but I took most down because it made the room look really cluttered.

photo-6.jpg

Here's a Darksiders standee that I love to death. It has Metro 2033 on the back as well. Haven't figured out a place for it in my room after cleaning yet so I'll put it back up soon.

photo-3.jpg

Here's another set of last-gen games

photo-7.jpg

Here's a pretty cool Alan Wake standee and some random stuff. I never really got into the series that much, but I really enjoy the standee.

photo-8.jpg

Here's my gaming setup

photo-9.jpg

Here's some more last-gen games, random stuff, etc. All of these games are lined up against my wall, works out pretty well

photo-11.jpg

And here's the last pic, just some more GBA boxed games, DragonBall VHS's (lol), Nintendo Dominoes, etc.

photo-12.jpg

Hope you guys like my setup. :)

[quote name='Vinny']I would love to have a room like that... I don't do customization or repairs, but I spend a lot of time cleaning discs, manuals, cases, etc. for any used items I buy (amazing how even clean looking new games end up being so dirty). I've also begun cleaning the internal components of older carts and replacing their batteries.[/QUOTE]

Nice, glad to hear other people are into taking care of older (and newer) games!

[quote name='pcktlnt']@wiggy, is your work room in an attic? I definitely like your neat and organized work area.[/QUOTE]

We (my wife and I) have a little bungalow. We used the 2nd floor as our bedroom for a few years, but it's really just too damned big It felt like we were wasting space, and then when I started working from home, so it only made sense to put my office/mess into the 2nd floor :D

[quote name='kroberts11']Such an awesome room, Wiggy! I would love to have something like that when I get my own place.[/QUOTE]

It's really nice. I have more space than I could ever even hope to use up here and it really allows me to take on a lot of projects without having to worry about leaving a mess around the house ;)

[quote name='elessar123']Honestly, first thought in my mind was "OMG, hope that Zelda 3DS never falls from that height."[/QUOTE]

It's just the box itself and it's stable. The Zelda 3DS itself is like 3 shelves lower.

[quote name='ryuk1214']Does anyone here with a 300+ video game collection actually fucking beat ALL their games? just wondering.[/QUOTE]
That is for to laugh. Part of me wishes I had only 300 games, but I get too much joy out of looking at my collection. I'm closing in on 1000 games and I definitely haven't beaten them all and I probably never will (although I have surely completed over 300), but at least 70% of my collection was either free or very, very cheap so it doesn't feel like a waste to me.

I remember keeping a list of games that I'd beat in the back of my Algebra notebook in 7th grade. I had just a tad over 100 between the NES, SNES, Genesis, and Gameboy.

I'm 33 now, and I played games like it was my job until I was about 20. I was still spending a good chunk of time every week playing games up until about 5 years ago when I just didn't have nearly as much time for them (buying a house and getting married will do that).

No way I could recall all the games that I've played through at this point, but it has to be in the 600-700+ range I'd imagine.

If I had never traded in a game, I would probably have 200+ games now that I think about it. I have about 80 games in my collection as of now and have beaten probably 150ish, but I imagine being an adult you'd only have a fraction of the time you have when you were a kid to really sit down and play games.

was going through old photos, here is an old photo i've made fun about before from about 10-11 years ago, before I joined CAG....if I took any recent pictures it would all be of boxes :(. It looks like a mess, but when you're that young you don't have much sense of style.

oldroom.jpg

It would be interesting to compare what my older collection looked like, but unfortunately I was not in the picture taking business back then. Cool nostalgia. :3

bread's done
Back