Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='skiizim']This is entirely 100% correct!!! I buy what I enjoy not what others feel I should have in my collection.[/QUOTE]

Amen. Some collections are filled with rarities, some with a ton of one specific genre. Some are organized beautifully, some have full rooms devoted to them. Some are retro, some modern, some mixed. Some include anime/DVDs/books. Doesn't somebody here have a walk in closet they can no longer walk in to because they literally have games and cases stacked floor to ceiling filling the entire thing? Some people include figures and posters in their collections, some keep them game only. But every collection has a personal story, which makes every collection a different experience for us readers.

My story is basically just that I can't stand having empty spaces on my shelves, but when I run out of space I decide to buy new shelves, and it just goes in a vicious circle.

[quote name='wiggyx']In for pics if ceiling shelves, followed by house made entirely of anime box sets ;)[/QUOTE]

Don't you have shelves to build?

[quote name='wiggyx']In for pics if ceiling shelves, followed by house made entirely of anime box sets ;)[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of that commercial where the entire house, including fridge, bed, and microwave, was made of but light cans.

[quote name='Squarehard']My story is basically just that I can't stand having empty spaces on my shelves, but when I run out of space I decide to buy new shelves, and it just goes in a vicious circle.[/QUOTE]

They really need to allow the mobile site to allow multi-quote, lol. Anywhoo, I am the same way. I like my shelves and collection to look "full". But then I don't have any room for the new stuff I add to it. So I rearrange it or add a new shelf. Then I have room. But then it doesn't look complete because of the space. Wash, rinse, repeat.

There's a possibility my family will be upgrading from our tiny apt to a normal size house in the next few months....can't wait to see if it happens. It's sad every time i get new games, i have to take out the disc to put into a discgear organizer and store the cases. I have cheap shelves in the kid's "toy closet" full; shelves and milk crates in my closet; spinning tower next to my bed full that doubles ass my night stand; and more milk crates in the basement. Granted that's a mix of movies and games.

I won't have a man cave like our previous place but something has to be better than my setup now. Unfortunately, i have no clue where or how I'm gonna set up the projector in the new place. I really don't want to lose my 110" screen :(

Anyways, just rambling, haven't checked this thread in months

Edit: was gonna mention that some of the shelving at target is on clearance. I've been eyeing the two towers that have been $19.xx (50% off) for two weeks now waiting for another drop. They also had some of those small tic tac toe looking things that float on the wall and could hold say 20 cds @ $9.xx.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']Don't you have shelves to build?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Squarehard']^[/QUOTE]

Too busy building haunted house ;)

BBA11F58-EA18-46A6-92A7-9B25BF736EA4-700-00000060ED6B20DB.jpg

After re-soul searching I decided it was probably not one of my best ideas, so I shifted stuff around again, moved some stuff out of one of the rooms, and this is the new resting spot.
img1125pf.jpg

And of course now I have a little more free space on top of that other shelf so on goes some anime box sets,
img1134oq.jpg

And of course now I have even more freed up space for more stuff!
img1132i.jpg

MORE!!!

[quote name='lmz00']That yellow bottomed SNES breaks my heart. :([/QUOTE]

I'm right with you P, Square needs to box up some of that anime and get an SNES that isn't uncivilized :boxing:

[quote name='Squarehard']That or I just need to buy some hydrogen peroxide.[/QUOTE]

Don't do it! It's easier just to pick up SNES lots and sell off the extra systems. That's how I got my main console & spare back to freshness standards...

[quote name='TheMightySlinky']
desk.jpg

therest.jpg

this is the current state of my collection, there is more in the closet. Once i get some shelves I'll post some real pictures.
[/QUOTE]

I have that Buddha lamp too. We can be Buddha lamp bros.

[quote name='TheMightySlinky']3 dollars very well spend at a thrift store.[/QUOTE]I think my parents bought it for like $15 at Walmart way back when. Still neat to have around.

[quote name='Squarehard']After re-soul searching I decided it was probably not one of my best ideas, so I shifted stuff around again, moved some stuff out of one of the rooms, and this is the new resting spot.

And of course now I have a little more free space on top of that other shelf so on goes some anime box sets,

And of course now I have even more freed up space for more stuff!

MORE!!![/QUOTE]

You might be worse than me with rearranging LOL!

[quote name='Squarehard']I do need to use my chair for parts of it. :p[/QUOTE]

After I get around to making my shelves, I think it might be time for an official squarehead 'anime shelves from hell'© step stool ;)

[quote name='Squarehard']That or I just need to buy some hydrogen peroxide.[/QUOTE]

Paint that bish!

[quote name='TheMightySlinky']This thread needs some new pictures...[/QUOTE]

Here, made my first triple UGC to hold this and the stupid transfer pak :p

2A04F077-094D-408B-9981-FDF211194805-1725-0000010F6D63F901.jpg

[quote name='wiggyx']You might be worse than me with rearranging LOL![/quote]

Must change for the greater good...the greater good...

After I get around to making my shelves, I think it might be time for an official squarehead 'anime shelves from hell'© step stool ;)

I think I might just get an actual step stool. I usually just use my computer chair, but that thing gets wobbly because it reclines, lol.

Breaking News "Man breaks neck while trying to grab game anime from 10 ft up. Was promptly crushed by anime collection. May he rest in peace."

Paint that bish!

That was indeed the other route I was thinking about.

Here, made my first triple UGC to hold this and the stupid transfer pak :p

2A04F077-094D-408B-9981-FDF211194805-1725-0000010F6D63F901.jpg

That's the spirit! Now do the whole thing. :D

Breaking News "Man breaks neck while trying to grab game anime from 10 ft up. Was promptly crushed by anime collection. May he rest in peace."
now we know it will be you when we see that in the news and if you are still posting after that the rise of the zombies has begun!!!

[quote name='Squarehard']
That's the spirit! Now do the whole thing. :D[/QUOTE]

This thread is starting to turn into the CAG version of /r/gonewild ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, it was fun catching up on about 30 pages of this stuff! I have moved yet again, so will have updated pictures sometime in the future, once I get my stuff set up/TVs mounted again.

My only concern though...

I've been out of this thread for about four-five months...

WIGGY, WHERE ARE THE NEW SHELVES!?

[quote name='kroberts11']Damn, it was fun catching up on about 30 pages of this stuff! I have moved yet again, so will have updated pictures sometime in the future, once I get my stuff set up/TVs mounted again.

WIGGY, WHERE ARE THE NEW SHELVES!?[/QUOTE]

He keeps getting sidetracked and whatnot.

*Hm... maybe some reverse psychology.

I bet Wiggy doesn't even know what shelves are, much less how to build shelves!!

Just made some simple shelves to get some games up and out of the way (behind my tv.)

S6v5t.jpg

I used a few scrap pieces of t-molding, which works pretty well.

what are those n64 games?

and oh man dragon warrior(at least if i think that is the game i think it is) the original ninja turtles both games that kicked my ass back in the day and im sure they still would if i gave them a chance.

Here are the N64 games, plus I have a few boxed games coming in the mail soon.
A Bug's Life
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Beetle Adventure Racing!
Cruis'n World
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64
Mario Kart 64
Pokemon Snap
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Starfox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Wave Race 64

Also, I know how you feel; the TMNT water level made me rage quit so many times when I was younger, I don't think I ever got past it.

I also have a box of NES and Atari games not on display since they wouldn't fit. I think there's about 10 NES and 15 or so 2600/7800 games.

well in TMNT i got to level 5 or 4???(i hear its the last one) a few times though yes that water level was RAGE worthy but i eventually figured out how to get through it mostly....it was the damn level where you drive the turtle mobile around and have to stock up on missiles that truly kicked my ass.

but i rarely could navigate that maze of a level. save enough missiles and not die in the process. of course because you had to pop in and out of the sewers to do stuff too and your health was that of the vehicle so it was very possible to run out of health fast.

[quote name='Squarehard']Must change for the greater good...the greater good...

I think I might just get an actual step stool. I usually just use my computer chair, but that thing gets wobbly because it reclines, lol.

That was indeed the other route I was thinking about.

That's the spirit! Now do the whole thing. :D[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya ;)

I may just make you "an actual step stool". Just saying...

Aaaaand into the sig it goes!

Do eet!

Well, I have a good excuse this week. We lost power Monday afternoon, and it's 52° in our house. I'm currently at my mother's house a few miles away making a sad attempt to get work done. That said, I did get these little guys all set to go ;)

DSC03009.jpg

[quote name='kroberts11']Damn, it was fun catching up on about 30 pages of this stuff! I have moved yet again, so will have updated pictures sometime in the future, once I get my stuff set up/TVs mounted again.

WIGGY, WHERE ARE THE NEW SHELVES!?[/QUOTE]

Dude, been SOOOOO busy! I've got about 3 dozen personal projects to finish up, whether it's fixing a car, some crap around the house that the wife's been bugging me about, or that damned AGS-101 in a DMG-001 that's abotu 75% done and collecting dust (just...need...to...put...it...together...)

[quote name='Vinny']He keeps getting sidetracked and whatnot.

*Hm... maybe some reverse psychology.

I bet Wiggy doesn't even know what shelves are, much less how to build shelves!! [/QUOTE]

I will find you and give you the biggest wedgie evar!

Seriously, I will murder you in your sleep :p

[quote name='wiggyx']Well, I have a good excuse this week. We lost power Monday afternoon, and it's 52° in our house. I'm currently at my mother's house a few miles away making a sad attempt to get work done. That said, I did get these little guys all set to go ;)[/QUOTE]

That is an acceptable excuse then. Hope everything gets resolved soon. I hate power outages. T___T

Do they have a timetable for you when everything is back?

They finally posted that my area will be affected until AT LEAST Sunday @ 11:59 pm. Staying at my mother's house, while great for allowing me to get work done and not freeze to death, is making me absolutely nuts. She's borderline hoarder (but not like the TV show. She's got OCD-like cleanliness going on, but just lots of stuff everywhere, albeit nice stuff). It's hard to move around without breaking stuff. I had to take over a chunk of the 3rd floor so I could sequester myself and get some work done. I hope, hope, HOPE that the electric company ends up ahead of schedule.

Working from home is hard enough. Working from my mom's home is crazy making o_O

bread's done
Back