Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='skiizim']

I'm going to get some custom shelving done, I'm just waiting on somebody to give me an estimate. I plan on having something pretty sweet with sliding shelves!!![/QUOTE]

Just make sure you don't go to Wiggy to get them made... you ask him for shelves, he'll fix your car for some reason.

[quote name='girlracer']Arcade:

- SF2 Pinball, MAME Pinball, Cocktail Pinball, Pachinko, MAME Cocktail

- Tekken 2, Crane Machine, Donkey Kong Cocktail

[/QUOTE]

Man, I love that room.

[quote name='Vinny']Just make sure you don't go to Wiggy to get them made... you ask him for shelves, he'll fix your car for some reason. [/QUOTE]

Or make custom kits for your handhelds.

[quote name='Vinny']Just make sure you don't go to Wiggy to get them made... you ask him for shelves, he'll fix your car for some reason.[/QUOTE]
That made me tinkle in my panties.

wiggysshelf.png

Very accurate. I was a little confused when I first saw that at first, though, because I couldn't figure out why Wiggy grew hair while watching the news. I thought the microphone was a coffee mug...

[quote name='Vinny']Just make sure you don't go to Wiggy to get them made... you ask him for shelves, he'll fix your car for some reason.

Man, I love that room.[/QUOTE]

If it pays, I'll do either job :p

[quote name='Squarehard']Or make custom kits for your handhelds.[/QUOTE]

Come on, who's gonna complain about that?

[quote name='Squarehard']
wiggysshelf.png
[/QUOTE]

HOLY MOTHERfuckING SHIT!!! LOL! :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']Just make sure you don't go to Wiggy to get them made... you ask him for shelves, he'll fix your car for some reason.[/QUOTE]

It's ok, my car needs some fixin!

lol@squarehard, at last watching all that anime is paying off!

[quote name='wiggyx']See, I knew that wasn't a bad thing :p[/QUOTE]

:rofl: @ your new avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the pics I've seen here are showcasing their collections. Anybody have ideas for how to do the opposite? My living room is slowly becoming a play room for my 16 mont old and I want to get rid of the swivel shelves I have. I thought about using binders to put the discs in and store the cases, but I've heard they can scratch the discs.

Are there any "elegant" solutions that will keep the discs safe? Sleeves in a box maybe?

[quote name='elessar123']How about slim cases?[/QUOTE]

Ooh, I didn't think of that. I could probably put them in slim cd cases even and be able to get rid of one of the shelves. It would probably be hard to tell what each game was though, wouldn't it? I guess I could use dividers or something.

[quote name='encendido5']Ooh, I didn't think of that. I could probably put them in slim cd cases even and be able to get rid of one of the shelves. It would probably be hard to tell what each game was though, wouldn't it? I guess I could use dividers or something.[/QUOTE]

It would be, but it's not much different than binders.

If you don't care for the cases/manuals, then just use binders. Migrating everything to slim cases seems like a lot more work than it's worth.

I'll never understand why CD wallets get all the hate they do. I've been using them for over 10 years, and my discs are still mint. Maybe it's how people handle their discs, or perhaps they're using some ghetto off-brand case, or both?

[quote name='lmz00']I'll never understand why CD wallets get all the hate they do. I've been using them for over 10 years, and my discs are still mint. Maybe it's how people handle their discs, or perhaps they're using some ghetto off-brand case, or both?[/QUOTE]

I don't like CD wallets because... I don't like incomplete games.;) I get some people keep the cases/manuals even if they use the wallets, but it still bothers me to have things separate like that.

[quote name='encendido5']Most of the pics I've seen here are showcasing their collections. Anybody have ideas for how to do the opposite? My living room is slowly becoming a play room for my 16 mont old and I want to get rid of the swivel shelves I have. I thought about using binders to put the discs in and store the cases, but I've heard they can scratch the discs.

Are there any "elegant" solutions that will keep the discs safe? Sleeves in a box maybe?[/QUOTE]

Just thought I'd toss in here, discgear makes some excellent disc collection holders and they have trays on the bottom so you can keep a list of what's in each one. I personally have two of the selector 100 auto and have never had any scratching. Plus the leather looks nice. ;)

http://www.discgear.com/Products/DiscGear/PID-S100A(DiscGearStaging).aspx

[quote name='doomedtolive']Just thought I'd toss in here, discgear makes some excellent disc collection holders and they have trays on the bottom so you can keep a list of what's in each one. I personally have two of the selector 100 auto and have never had any scratching. Plus the leather looks nice. ;)

http://www.discgear.com/Products/DiscGear/PID-S100A(DiscGearStaging).aspx[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is pretty sweet! Unfortunately, I would probably need about 10 of those :lol:

c22b6.jpg

Since this picture/post (several pages back) i've bought three, going on 4 slim towers (smaller footprint) to accomodate more discgears of my collection, i'll post a picture sometime. Atlantic now owns the discgear 80s line, but the only change is the logo on the item. But they don't scratch (DVDs & bluray) - after seeing firsthand of the scratching nature of binders i was looking for a alternative. I don't mind not having covers, the way that i see it, it's like having a (multiple) juxbox. :idea:

If I ever decided to do something like that I would have gone all out and done some cataloguing to make sure I can find stuff in each of those. Will probably have to designate certain ones as well on a smaller map to see what is where. But lots and lots of cataloguing...

And the other solution is basically no solution and just do it by memory, lol. ;D

[quote name='Squarehard']If I ever decided to do something like that I would have gone all out and done some cataloguing to make sure I can find stuff in each of those. Will probably have to designate certain ones as well on a smaller map to see what is where. But lots and lots of cataloguing...

And the other solution is basically no solution and just do it by memory, lol. ;D[/QUOTE]

I do everything by memory. My brother calls me Rain Man. :oops:

Those cabinets look slick, but I don't think I could do something like that... it would be really hard to keep track of things.

Just bought a new shelf, so time to update collection!

anime1xk.jpg

anime1a.jpg

anime1b.jpg

cesele.jpg

New shelf on left.
typhoonk.jpg

ps3i.jpg

Welcome my new Typhoon (that's what the name of the shelf is...awesome)!
typhoona.jpg

typhoonbp.jpg

anime4r.jpg

anime4a.jpg

anime4b.jpg

Look at all that beautiful space cleared up. ^
ps2gc2.jpg

ps2gc1.jpg

anime3a.jpg

psp360dsps1gba.jpg

anime2o.jpg

[quote name='Vinny']Is the rotating shelf the new one? Isn't that blocking a door..?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Typhoon (the rotating one) is the new one. And this time it's only partially blocking a door, but I still have access to it so no big deal. ^__^

Nice Squarehard!

I just bought a couple of new shelves too. They were still factory sealed at SAVERS!

It was also rare occasion where they stocked items on Monday which is the 25% off day.

I paid $7.50 each for them.

They are really heavy duty book shelves from 1995. I forgot how well 'cheap' shelves were made.

I am probably going to put them in my closet, because they are low enough where clothes can still hang above them.

shelves.jpg

I wish I had a SAVERS here. T___T

But cheap shelves don't always mean cheap material, in fact in most cases it's the other way around. XD

Must show those new shelves once they builted and placed!

[quote name='slowdive21']I do everything by memory. My brother calls me Rain Man. :oops:[/QUOTE]
Aren't some of your duplicates a result of not remembering that you already had the game?

[quote name='wiggyx']Well, they are chip board. Chip board is cheap, without exception :/[/QUOTE]

Still, the cheapest I've ever seen a two shelf bookcase was $15. The material might be cheap, but there's a huge markup on any type of furniture in general.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Aren't some of your duplicates a result of not remembering that you already had the game?[/QUOTE]

I'm not perfect. :lol:

Let me add that I have over 500,000 items and locations committed to memory. I have 20,000+ comic books and I tend to remember if I have a book or not. I can't really explain it. I am not a savant, but I tend to remember random stuff...like what people were wearing when I met them 15 years ago, but I won't be able to remember where we met or what was said.

You have 500,000 items, meaning what? I don't get how anyone can accumulate so much... anything. Hell, even 20K comics sounds insane.

I think we have an actual hoarder here.;)

[quote name='Vinny']You have 500,000 items, meaning what? I don't get how anyone can accumulate so much... anything. Hell, even 20K comics sounds insane.

I think we have an actual hoarder here.;)[/QUOTE]

Toys/ cds/ dvd/ comics/ cards/ thsirts / records. I used to sell on ebay, so some stuff is from that. I thought about opening a store, but it is too expensive in my area.

I am a hoarder. But I keep it clean, stacked, and shelved.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I have too, sadly. Ha ha. It's why I've got The Backloggery pinned to the home menu of my phone.[/QUOTE]

Good plan! I tend to just sell or giveaway extras that I pick up by accident. I figure it's better that a friend benefit from a little boo-boo like that (It never happens with really pricey stuff. THAT sort of thing I tend to have no issues remembering).

[quote name='deadpanmold10']My collection is tiny compared to some of your guys.[/QUOTE]

Do you enjoy your collection? If so, who gives a crap. There will always be someone with a bigger, "better" collection. Plus, I've seen people with massive collections of CDs, games, comics, etc. that are made up of 95% garbage IMO. I'd rather have the quality over quantity ;)

[quote name='Vinny']Still, the cheapest I've ever seen a two shelf bookcase was $15. The material might be cheap, but there's a huge markup on any type of furniture in general.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's that much of a markup until you get to the nicer stuff, or places like Crap & Barrel selling the same junk that WalFart does for 3 times the price. 15 bucks would be more than my cost for those materials :/

[quote name='slowdive21']Toys/ cds/ dvd/ comics/ cards/ thsirts / records. I used to sell on ebay, so some stuff is from that. I thought about opening a store, but it is too expensive in my area.

I am a hoarder. But I keep it clean, stacked, and shelved.[/QUOTE]

I still can't comprehend owning that much stuff, no matter how tiny/small it is.

[quote name='Vinny']I still can't comprehend owning that much stuff, no matter how tiny/small it is.[/QUOTE]

yea it is a bit mind boggling really but honestly im not all that shocked. i think all of us in this thread have entered hoarder mode and just bought crap we didnt need for no reason at all. what i mean is we all probably here just collect stuff to collect for no reason at all or simply to have a bigger collection. hell i own a wii u despite the backlog of death. i really should commit next year to savings and investments and simply try and only play the backlogged games hell i could do that for the next 3 years easily or even longer. honestly that really is a goal for this coming year.

EDIT:

its not that i am mad or anything like Wiggy says who gives a crap if you enjoy it. i accept this side of me(much soul search this past year has lead to this conclusion) but i have other goals so hopefully i can now learn to moderate the madness. but i think that was the first key adopting the who gives a crap i enjoy it attitude. though unlike Wiggy im fairly certain i have some crap in the pile somewhere. but at the same time i have some rather rare stuff.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I have too, sadly. Ha ha. It's why I've got The Backloggery pinned to the home menu of my phone.[/QUOTE]

i started that site and havent kept up with it. i really should try and enter everything which strangely most of it is somehow committed to memory. it was just time consuming about as bad as when i ripped my entire music collection that took at least two years. then another many months trimming out the duplicate songs. but i can say it is finally all in one giant folder that is fairly organized.

Since we are talking about this anyway... Has anyone found a good hand scanner and software to use to organize their collection? I see 'The Backloggery' in the above posts, but can you upload a spreadsheet or something to save time?

bread's done
Back