Your favorite Platinum Trophy experience PS3

The first uncharted. There were some damn hard parts in the crushing mode; I thought UC2's crushing mode wasn't nearly as hard.

[quote name='Serpentor']DI=Dante's Inferno... It's true that DI is much easier to platinum than GoW III, but a lot less fun IMO. When I was cleaning up DI for the platinum, it felt like an annoying chore. When gunning the platinum for GoW III, frustration is there alright, but it doesn't feel like a chore, more like a challenge (hence more satisfying too).

Bayonetta on the other hand is tough. Mainly because the portal challenges, not that easy to conquer. You have to master the Witch Time! The difficulty trophies don't stack either... I'm still working on that one, it's tough![/QUOTE]

I had to spend about one hour "cleaning up" on DI. While that was purely a chore at that point, it was worth it given how close I was. For GoW III, though, I don't get the hype... This was the first one I ever played. It was OK, but no way did I want to play it again, especially if it meant tons of deaths and replaying parts over and over.

But yeah, I could see Bayonetta being a pain on a whole 'nother level. I had some trouble getting through parts of it on normal and I never could get a handle on any of the portal challenges. There was one where you could only do damage in Witch Time and I'd activate it no problem (I got the hang of that pretty good by the end) but every time I attacked within that mode it did no damage and deactivated. And then there were a few where I could do some damage but I'd have needed like 10 times more time than it gave me. I think probably the key there was to get more of the upgrades/accessories. At that point I didn't have enough money to get any of them since I was concentrating on buying all the moves for that particular trophy. So then the portals were pretty much a complete waste of time since they were impossible to do at the points I came across them (in my first and only playthrough). After attempting a few of them several times I got pretty frustrated with the game because of that. So Bayonetta is one of those games I just settled in to enjoying the story and normal progression and being satisfied to see the credits roll - I gave up on getting a plat for that one pretty early. Plus I traded it in to Gazelle for $28 when I only paid $12.50 or so for it, so that was a win-win ;).

I love and hate Bayonetta, i think i paid more than $30 when it was released. Yes, the key to platinum it is to farm more halos (millions!) so that you can buy the goodies to make the challenges easier (of course, if you're good, then there's no point doing that). Man, i envious to those got this game for less than $15! Bayonetta is a keeper for me, along with GoW III (i rarely keep games i plat or intend to plat).

[quote name='JMEPO']The first uncharted. There were some damn hard parts in the crushing mode; I thought UC2's crushing mode wasn't nearly as hard.[/QUOTE]
Agree :) It took me a long long long time to plat the first one (tons of frustration and controller throwing/slamming :lol:) UC2 is more fun though (mainly the game gave you the bow/arrow for stealth kills). Anyhow, both games are beautiful and for platinum trophy collectors, they're a must!

i really wish devs would stop with all the "collect all..." trophies.

i use gamestops "rental" service for most of my plats. havent sunk to the disney game plats yet though. hahaha

[quote name='8bitArtist']i really wish devs would stop with all the "collect all..." trophies.

i use gamestops "rental" service for most of my plats. havent sunk to the disney game plats yet though. hahaha[/QUOTE]

Agree.... I don't know where the "collect all other trophies to unlock this platinum trophy formula" came from. It seems that all the games with trophies following this formula. For once i wish there's a platinum for just buying the game! That's right, if you buy the game, there's a code to redeem in the main menu and if you play just for one hour (or first mission/chapter) the platinum trophy unlocks! If you rent the game or buy used (the code is redeemed most likely), then you have to collect all of the trophies to unlock the platinum.

The wording of the platinum trophies will be different:

If redeemed code then the Platinum says "thanks for purchasing the game!"
If not, follow the current formula...

For games like Heavy Rain, different platinum trophies should be awarded (you can only earn one though). If you want a different platinum trophy, you will need to replay the game with "erase existing trophy mode."

I might add Assassin's Creed II to my "favorite" spot but I have a feeling the last trophy is going to be a pain. I have everything done except the "collectathon" one (the 100 feathers). I spent about 3 hours last night running all over Florence and Venice with the vision thingy activated looking for the sparkle of feathers on rooftops. I picked up about 24, putting me just over 80 total, and I have a lot more of Venice to comb over. But without any indication of where the rest might be I have a feeling the last few will take forever to find. I could use a guide/FAQ but that would mean revisiting every single location to make sure I have it or not, which is another kind of tedium. I thought maube running around the rooftops would be enough since they are usually pretty easy to see up there but then one time by accident I fell and happened to look under a tunnel and there was one in there. If there are any more like that it might take me a long time to find them all!

But in any case, there's an example of a game where the trophies are a bit unbalanced. I picked up nearly all of them in the normal course of the game just by taking a moderate amount of time on sidequests/exploring. It was very balanced at that point. I got the villa up to 80% of its value which was pretty easy (now that trophy should have been for 100% since that didn't take too much more effort). I had everything but the feathers and a couple of fighting trophies at the end. I got the fighting ones pretty easily last night and then was just left with the feathers to collect. That one just ruins what otherwise had been a nice balance of main story progression and "extras" trophies. I wouldn't mind it so much if it would tell me which cities still had feathers left. If I could narrow it down like that then I might enjoy the exploring - but running around a city for an hour when it doesn't even have one left will be pretty frustrating.

For me I would say Uncharted 2. Because as soon as I finished it the 1st time. I started playing right away for a 2nd play through. That is SUPER rare for me to do. Usually once I beat a game I NEVER go back to play it again.

[quote name='io']I might add Assassin's Creed II to my "favorite" spot but I have a feeling the last trophy is going to be a pain. I have everything done except the "collectathon" one (the 100 feathers). I spent about 3 hours last night running all over Florence and Venice with the vision thingy activated looking for the sparkle of feathers on rooftops. I picked up about 24, putting me just over 80 total, and I have a lot more of Venice to comb over. But without any indication of where the rest might be I have a feeling the last few will take forever to find. I could use a guide/FAQ but that would mean revisiting every single location to make sure I have it or not, which is another kind of tedium. I thought maube running around the rooftops would be enough since they are usually pretty easy to see up there but then one time by accident I fell and happened to look under a tunnel and there was one in there. If there are any more like that it might take me a long time to find them all!

But in any case, there's an example of a game where the trophies are a bit unbalanced. I picked up nearly all of them in the normal course of the game just by taking a moderate amount of time on sidequests/exploring. It was very balanced at that point. I got the villa up to 80% of its value which was pretty easy (now that trophy should have been for 100% since that didn't take too much more effort). I had everything but the feathers and a couple of fighting trophies at the end. I got the fighting ones pretty easily last night and then was just left with the feathers to collect. That one just ruins what otherwise had been a nice balance of main story progression and "extras" trophies. I wouldn't mind it so much if it would tell me which cities still had feathers left. If I could narrow it down like that then I might enjoy the exploring - but running around a city for an hour when it doesn't even have one left will be pretty frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Yep, share your pain... To plat your favorite games and knowing that the one trophy stopping you is "collect ALL xxx" is annoying as hell.

In most games there are mini maps where you can locate the missing treasures (like R&C:ACiT and Where the Wild Things Are). While the mini maps need to be unlocked, but still, they make your treasure hunting more fun (not a chore at least).

The PoP 2008 game, collect all 1001 light seeds doesn't suffer the "tedium" problem because they can be spotted if you go to higher ground (there's also an area indicator to how many left).

InFamous, the shards are a tedium too... You have to continuously pressing the radar button to hunt them all, sucks. I haven't plat that game yet...

Uncharted games are very balanced in the treasure hunt. Each treasure has its own name, so you can check the "master" list and look up the ones you don't have... Unfortunately, not so in Tomb Raider UW :whistle2:(

In general, "collect ALL xxx" trophies shouldn't be too taxing, but i guess not all the game trophies are created equal. Platinum Hannah Montana or ACII is pretty much the same in terms of PSN experience points, but obviously, ACII is more prestigious than HM :lol:

[quote name='js1']For me I would say Uncharted 2. Because as soon as I finished it the 1st time. I started playing right away for a 2nd play through. That is SUPER rare for me to do. Usually once I beat a game I NEVER go back to play it again.[/QUOTE]

People still beg me to play just to watch the game... It's like the Kevin Butler PS3 commercial. U2:AT has DLC trophies, i haven't gotten those yet, i believe the DLC trophies are fairly difficult to obtain (i hate those on-line "kill xxx" or "use xxx and kill xxx w/o dying xxx" trophies). In the game, there's always a trick or two, but on-line? You got to boost or keep on playing... Nothing wrong with that, just that there are so many games to play, i rather not dwell on on-line trophies.

[quote name='Serpentor']Agree :) It took me a long long long time to plat the first one (tons of frustration and controller throwing/slamming :lol:) UC2 is more fun though (mainly the game gave you the bow/arrow for stealth kills). Anyhow, both games are beautiful and for platinum trophy collectors, they're a must![/QUOTE]

I don't think the first UC wouldn't have been as hard if they had the grenade mapped to its own button (like the second game did). The platforming/climbing parts in the first game were way harder than the second game though...

[quote name='Vinny']I don't think the first UC wouldn't have been as hard if they had the grenade mapped to its own button (like the second game did). The platforming/climbing parts in the first game were way harder than the second game though...[/QUOTE]
Now that you mentioned it, it does seem to be that way! I don't remember relying on grenades that much in UC:DF (only for the grenade trophies :lol:). On the other hand, i sort of spam grenades in UC2:AT whenever i had the chance. The platforming in UC:DT has more "loose" edges/rocks maybe? I don't recall much of that in UC2:AT... Platforming in both games are not to bad, thank goodness to that! Imagine you have to press the buttons precisely at certain moment and died after just killing the shotgun dudes on crushing mode? That's a nightmare... For the record, i'm pretty sure everybody hate the shotgun fatties in UC:DF on Crushing mode.

i still have yet to platinum a game. i just wish i could delete games from my account, like guitar hero metallica, hated it for ps3, so i took it back and got all my music games on the 360, but it just sits there with its 5% complete.

same thing with sf4 ,and gow collection, a friend brought those two over for me to play and try, there are no trophies on either but i cannot delete them, i have no intention of purchasing either.

[quote name='ctrek3']i still have yet to platinum a game. i just wish i could delete games from my account, like guitar hero metallica, hated it for ps3, so i took it back and got all my music games on the 360, but it just sits there with its 5% complete.

same thing with sf4 ,and gow collection, a friend brought those two over for me to play and try, there are no trophies on either but i cannot delete them, i have no intention of purchasing either.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to delete them :lol: If they bother you, you can create another user account. I know one guy did this. He hated his user name (he got few platinum trophies), so he went with another name and platinum the same games again! Man, talk about determination!

[quote name='Serpentor']You don't need to delete them :lol: If they bother you, you can create another user account. I know one guy did this. He hated his user name (he got few platinum trophies), so he went with another name and platinum the same games again! Man, talk about determination![/QUOTE]

they do bother me, but i probably wont play through the games again, so i will just leave it i guess

Well, Assassin's Creed II is starting to become one of my worst experiences now. I used an online guide to track down the remaining feathers and I now have, yep, 99 out of 100 and I've checked off every single location from the guides. Well, crap - means I'd have to go through them all AGAIN :bomb:. WHY, oh WHY couldn't they at least tell you how many you had left in each town so you could narrow it down!?

[quote name='Magus8472']The One Gun/Impossible run of Dead Space I did to finish up its trophies was really fun, so I'll go with that.[/QUOTE]

YES! I just finished that today. Pure awesomesauce!

[quote name='io']Well, Assassin's Creed II is starting to become one of my worst experiences now. I used an online guide to track down the remaining feathers and I now have, yep, 99 out of 100 and I've checked off every single location from the guides. Well, crap - means I'd have to go through them all AGAIN :bomb:. WHY, oh WHY couldn't they at least tell you how many you had left in each town so you could narrow it down!?[/QUOTE]

Check the memories DNA section in the pause menu. Keep going to the right past all the chapters and there should be a heading for feathers. It will show you how many feathers you have collected out of how many total in each area. It doesn't tell you which one you're missing but it does narrow it down. Good luck.

*bear in mind, I did this twice. Once on Xbox and again on PS3 so I feel your pain, but when that platinum pops, you will feel pain no longer. lol.

[quote name='carbontiger']Check the memories DNA section in the pause menu. Keep going to the right past all the chapters and there should be a heading for feathers. It will show you how many feathers you have collected out of how many total in each area. It doesn't tell you which one you're missing but it does narrow it down. Good luck.

*bear in mind, I did this twice. Once on Xbox and again on PS3 so I feel your pain, but when that platinum pops, you will feel pain no longer. lol.[/QUOTE]

No fucking way :bomb:. NOW you tell me - you are literally just a few hours too late (actually you posted right around when I started playing but I last checked CAG right before you posted - oh well). I just spent 3 hours searching and finally found it in Florence. This was after I spent 2+ hours looking around Venice. That damn DNA thing was so strange I never checked it out much. I would have expected the feathers-by-location, if it existed, to be like the other location stuff (ie, where it shows where you have glyphs left and such). Damn... That would have saved me 2+ hours tonight and a few last night if I had known. In any case, I now have the platinum, so at least that is behind me now!

I have a few platinums... I think like 12 or so.

The most difficult platinums I've earned?
Tekken 6 (Nightmare Train... it will haunt you for months)

My personal favorite games that I've earned platinum?
Borderlands!
Bioshock (such a great game!)
Uncharted 2
Burnout Paradise (it takes some time... but totally worth it)
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time (Fastest platinum experience I've had so far)

Most horrible Platinum experiences:
Alone in the Dark (what a horrible game)
Terminator Salvation (terribly horrible game)
Trivial Pursuit (snore city)

Easiest:
Trivial Pursuit
Legends of Wrestlemania
Smackdown v Raw 2010

Hmmm... can't remember which other plats I have.

I only have:

Uncharted 1
Ratchet & Clank ACiT
Afterburner Climax (PSN title, 100% though)

Got my PS3 in early 2007, and played Uncharted at launch... before trophies existed. Went back to play it again, and just went straight for Crushing mode. Let's just say there were lots of times I wanted to crush the controller against the wall! Regardless, I felt very very relieved and excited when I finally finished it again, but going back for clean-up was annoying. Only finished #2 on Normal the first time, so it looks like I have two more playthroughs :/

I own too many games, so many I want to play, but so little time. Looking forward to Batman, Dead Space, and finally finishing NIER (3-5 playthroughs, pretty brutal!).

[quote name='io']No fucking way :bomb:. NOW you tell me - you are literally just a few hours too late (actually you posted right around when I started playing but I last checked CAG right before you posted - oh well). I just spent 3 hours searching and finally found it in Florence. This was after I spent 2+ hours looking around Venice. That damn DNA thing was so strange I never checked it out much. I would have expected the feathers-by-location, if it existed, to be like the other location stuff (ie, where it shows where you have glyphs left and such). Damn... That would have saved me 2+ hours tonight and a few last night if I had known. In any case, I now have the platinum, so at least that is behind me now![/QUOTE]

Speaking of Assassin's Creed 2 and the dreaded feathers, I used the following site to "track" the feathers I've collected. Made it incredibly simple to find them all. The guy who created this site should be given an award!

http://www.mlwgames.com/assassinscreed2/feathers/1/florence

Trust me... you won't be disappointed.

Uncharted 1 felt like a great achievement once I got the platinum for that one. Man, how I wish Valkyria Chronicles would've had a trophies. By far the best experience on the PS3.

bread's done
Back