Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
They listed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-3ds-xl-gold-black-with-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/2287137.p?id=1219071509031&skuId=2287137

http://www.zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

If you have an American Express card and a facebook or twitter account, you can get $25 off by spending $250 or more at Best Buy. Might help some in justifying the purchase of this bundle.

LINK
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Oracle Of Ages they had listed on their site as a Bonus for this bundle:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/m-p/728597/highlight/true#M21945

The Oracle of Ages pre-order bonus is actually only available for pre-orders of just the physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware bundle that includes the game and a 3DS XL unfortunately does not qualify. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.
Well, now they have also removed the wording and the picture from the page I originally linked. However, that info still remains on the main video game page. Image for proof in case it gets removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if you preordered the physical copy can't you just use the extra code then return it?
Well, yea. That's the plan.

Its a lot simpler than having to argue with a rep about a promo that may have included the system.

Just preordered the game itself for in-store pick up and came to the checkout screen and it had a promo price of $31.99!

Anyone else get this promo price?

I'm happy indeed!

BBY reps have been stating to callers to call on Friday to do the post price match though.
Good to know. What mods mentioned this?

Just preordered the game itself for in-store pick up and came to the checkout screen and it had a promo price of $31.99!

Anyone else get this promo price?

I'm happy indeed!
That's the Unlocked 20% off benefit.

I'll just order a physical copy as guest to get the code.

Can confirm - the 31.99 price is now live! Weird, but I'll take it for sure. :whistle2:D

Edit - gamers club discount. NIce touch, Best Buy.

Ugh i have been buying games in anticipation of getting a 3ds! Went to target and got some b2g1. 

Do you guys think being elite/elite plus have any say on how easy a pm would be? 

Call BBY.com on the 22nd and get it price matched before you pick up.

Yea, I called in early to PreOrder a second. The Customer Service guy said that I could get a post purchase price match once the sale kicks in, since the ad says the sale is only on Nov. 22-23

Good to know. What mods mentioned this?
Lovepig stated that a rep told him we could call in on Friday for the post price match. I picked up an ad as well incase I have to do this in store though.

Talked with Best Buy on the phone, couldn't post price match. Either return/rebuy or price match on day of pick. Make sure to bring in ad. Any reward certs used will take 10-14 days to be put back into account.

Seems like a lot of different information about the price match. In the past I have not been able to do an immediate return/rebuy on an online order.

My plan is to take the ad in on Fri, and if that fails try to call customer service.

The physical copy of ALBW I ordered shipped and I received the code for Oracle of Ages. Worst case scenerio, I end up with 2 codes.

Talked with Best Buy on the phone, couldn't post price match. Either return/rebuy or price match on day of pick. Make sure to bring in ad. Any reward certs used will take 10-14 days to be put back into account.
I wouldn't bother calling until Friday morning. Many others called in trying to do the same and were told until its released, pricing matching couldn't be done.

No ad to be found at my Walmart, and CS employees seemed clueless. Hopefully I can just call BB Friday morning before the in-store pick-up and sort it out then.

Has anyone tried using their credit card company's price protection policy? I know Discover and Citibank offer such programs, and I suspect others do too. I was thinking of ordering online via Best Buy site using my Discover card so I can get 5% cashback. Then I could file a claim w/ Discover to get the $20 difference. Maybe that could be a lot easier than dealing with BB customer service.

Has anyone tried using their credit card company's price protection policy? I know Discover and Citibank offer such programs, and I suspect others do too. I was thinking of ordering online via Best Buy site using my Discover card so I can get 5% cashback. Then I could file a claim w/ Discover to get the $20 difference. Maybe that could be a lot easier than dealing with BB customer service.
Yup my brother does this too. Amex seems the easiest according to my brother which requires just one call and no paper work unlike Chase credit cards.

Actually, no reason to preorder the physical copy any more.  If you have noticed, the paper for next week state that you will get the oracle code even if it is just walk in purchase.

I've actually only been a Discover customer for a little over a year now. Could you fill me in a little or perhaps link to the proper information? That sounds like a smart plan as Discover has amazing customer service.

I've actually only been a Discover customer for a little over a year now. Could you fill me in a little or perhaps link to the proper information? That sounds like a smart plan as Discover has amazing customer service.
Seems like some work is required to do the PM, it's even worse then Chase in which Discover require a manager signature on a store stationery of the lower price.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/price-protection.html?icmpgn=publichelpcenter#details-tc?ICMPGN=PUBLIC_MB_PRICE_PROTECT_TERMS_TXT

This has probably been answered already, but since *everything* comes out on November 22nd, can I walk into best buy at the midnight XBone launch, and pick up the Zelda 3ds, tear away, Mario, etc Without a preorder for the X1? Or will they check for pre orders at the door?
I have no interest in X1, but I'm busy on the 22nd and 23rd. So I'd like to get my stuff at midnight! Has anyone done this in the past?

This has probably been answered already, but since *everything* comes out on November 22nd, can I walk into best buy at the midnight XBone launch, and pick up the Zelda 3ds, tear away, Mario, etc Without a preorder for the X1? Or will they check for pre orders at the door?
I have no interest in X1, but I'm busy on the 22nd and 23rd. So I'd like to get my stuff at midnight! Has anyone done this in the past?
I'd call, not sure, but during GTAV midnight release they were also selling WOrld War Z movie, same release date.

I want to know this as well! I can't go during the day the 22nd and much rather get it at midnight

I would assume if Bestbuy is open that the whole store is accessible. They want people possibly buying speakers. stereos, etc for their new gaming rigs. I'm sure if you show up sometimes after 12:30 it will be calm and you could just walk in.

I would assume if Bestbuy is open that the whole store is accessible. They want people possibly buying speakers. stereos, etc for their new gaming rigs. I'm sure if you show up sometimes after 12:30 it will be calm and you could just walk in.
Hmmm good point. That raises another question. What time are they usually open till? Lol, I'm a night owl, so I'd rather just shop and stroll around this time of night.

I'll call my store tomorrow, I'm just wondering what people have experienced with midnight launches. Especially for the PS4.

Seems like some work is required to do the PM, it's even worse then Chase in which Discover require a manager signature on a store stationery of the lower price.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/price-protection.html?icmpgn=publichelpcenter#details-tc?ICMPGN=PUBLIC_MB_PRICE_PROTECT_TERMS_TXT
I'm not seeing that requirement on price protection claims thru Discover. According to their web site, a printed ad with the sales dates should be sufficient. Here's cut & paste of the required documentation.

• Completed and signed claim form.
  • The Discover card statement showing the entire original purchase price.
  • The sales receipt indicating the date, the store, the item and the amount of purchase
  • Either a copy of the dated, printed, lower-price ad, or a statement, signed by the store manager on store stationery, documenting the details of the lower price of the identical item.

I actually called and asked this the other day. They said it should be no problem to come and pick up the 3DS. I highly doubt anyone will have an issue outside of weird looks from walking out with something other than an Xbox.

I actually called and asked this the other day. They said it should be no problem to come and pick up the 3DS. I highly doubt anyone will have an issue outside of weird looks from walking out with something other than an Xbox.
do y'all think It will be annoying to try to get it price match at midnight with the walmart thing?

Long time reader, first time poster here thought I'd share my experience with price matching this:

Just successfully finished ordering this over the phone from BestBuy online a few minutes ago and was able to price match it to Walmart. It took over an hour to get done since the person I was dealing with seemed to know nothing about how to look up Walmart's weekly ad. Had to walk him through step-by-step on how to pull up the ad but it payed off.

Combined the price match with the $100 trade-in deal at BestBuy for an old Xbox 360 arcade I had and my final price after tax came out to be $115.56. Thanks to the fellow posters for their input on how to deal with the price matching at best buy and best of luck to anyone else who is trying to do the same.

Long time reader, first time poster here thought I'd share my experience with price matching this:

Just successfully finished ordering this over the phone from BestBuy online a few minutes ago and was able to price match it to Walmart. It took over an hour to get done since the person I was dealing with seemed to know nothing about how to look up Walmart's weekly ad. Had to walk him through step-by-step on how to pull up the ad but it payed off.

Combined the price match with the $100 trade-in deal at BestBuy for an old Xbox 360 arcade I had and my final price after tax came out to be $115.56. Thanks to the fellow posters for their input on how to deal with the price matching at best buy and best of luck to anyone else who is trying to do the same.
Can you walk us through what you said to get the PM? I tried unsuccessfully even though I was able to point the CS rep to the ad. I had a NIGHTMARE last night that I was not able to get the PM--LOL. If that's not the dumbest thing you've heard today...

Honestly I think I just got lucky but I'll tell the story step by step:

I called the number for customer service number 1-888-BEST-BUY then got an operator who asked me what kind of product I was looking for.  I told her the nintendo 3ds xl and she redirected me to another gentleman. I think his name was Lyle? Not that it matters but he asked me if I needed help with anything and I told him I'd like to place an order over the phone for the Zelda Gold 3DS XL. I proceeded to give him the sku number for the item and he looked it and was good on that part. I then told him that Wal-Mart has it for 199.96 on their weekly ad, then proceeded to walk him through finding the correct ad on the website which took about half an hour. He then looked at it and didn't sound to sure if they could price match it. To be honest he was on the fence about it but I kept my cool and just asked him to see what he could do about it and to take his time.  He had me on the line for about 25 more minutes while he talked to it seemed like 2 other people as I heard some voices in the background. After he was done he told me he couldn't price match the Walmart deal but can make the order for 10% off the price which made it 197.99 (which is two dollars cheaper). At that point I was pretty sure he didn't know what he was doing so I told him that was fine with me and proceeded to finalize the order from there before he had any second thoughts.

TL;DR Version : I probably just dealt with a seasonal employee at that call center. Didn't sound too confident about anything so he probably just did it because it seemed right.

Man took me 4 tries to price match which I don't even think they did since I still got charged $20 :|

at least my order is ready for pick up and my store will allow me to buy it tonight along with Mario 3D world!

Last week I picked up a PS4 at my BB's midnight launch. When I was checking out at midnight, I asked for an X1 controller, which they were happy to sell me. Tonight for the X1 launch, a friend is tagging along to get this Zelda 3DS. I'll be picking up Mario 3D World, and Zelda for myself.

bread's done
Back