Zelda Skyward Sword $49.99 plus $10 Promo Credit at Amazon - Ships 2-3 Weeks

[quote name='nnthomas']lol

Maybe if you complain enough about not getting a chance to buy it, Nintendo will listen again.[/QUOTE]
Like they did with the Mario Anniversary LE game?

[quote name='dallow']Like they did with the Mario Anniversary LE game?[/QUOTE]

They did reprint it, but they probably should just sell that as a regular game. The reprint was only another million.

[quote name='emperordahc']Same set of response email and hours later promo code for me.

You're all are SURE the promo code didn't work? I noticed it had restrictions on what it was good for. I just find it hard to imagine them sending a non-working code. :/[/QUOTE]

Well, I was trying to redeem the code by adding it to my gift card balance. Maybe it would work if entered during checkout? I'll certainly try that next time I buy something, but can't check right now.

[quote name='evanwink']Well, I was trying to redeem the code by adding it to my gift card balance. Maybe it would work if entered during checkout? I'll certainly try that next time I buy something, but can't check right now.[/QUOTE]

Oh! It's not a gift card! It's a one-time use promo code, and it says to only use it during checkout! If your item is less than $10, you loose the remainder, etc.

Those codes are most likely still good! Keep 'em!

[quote name='Spacepest']I preordered the limited edition gold remote bundle back in August and I got the credit in my email last night, automatically without even having to contact Amazon. And the damn thing still hasn't shipped. *is getting impatient* Oh, and my credit said it is only good until the end of this month.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure about this? I can't check right now but I think it said that it expired in 2012.

I got the credit unexpectedly (I had ordered the LE 1.5 months ago), so I used it on the Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year sale. My copy of Skyward Sword shipped yesterday (Nevada) and is arriving today (Washington).

fucking Amazon decides to put a limited edition cardboard packaging in one of their stupid wrap-around boxes. Completely ruined the box for me. I know many would probably just say its OCD but the reflective gold foil is rubbing off on the edges and the box was already bent by the time I opened it. Can't even get a fucking replacement either of course because Amazon doesn't have any more. Probably the last time I buy any limited edition online. This is my biggest problem with Amazon, I like to buy able to actually inspect the product I'm getting from them.

[quote name='emperordahc']Oh! It's not a gift card! It's a one-time use promo code, and it says to only use it during checkout! If your item is less than $10, you loose the remainder, etc.

Those codes are most likely still good! Keep 'em![/QUOTE]

Looks like you are right! I never actually read the email. /sheepish

[quote name='roasted']Are you sure about this? I can't check right now but I think it said that it expired in 2012.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it expires Nov 30, 2012.

[quote name='samusaran226']fucking Amazon decides to put a limited edition cardboard packaging in one of their stupid wrap-around boxes. Completely ruined the box for me. I know many would probably just say its OCD but the reflective gold foil is rubbing off on the edges and the box was already bent by the time I opened it. Can't even get a fucking replacement either of course because Amazon doesn't have any more. Probably the last time I buy any limited edition online. This is my biggest problem with Amazon, I like to buy able to actually inspect the product I'm getting from them.[/QUOTE]

ouch... I have a feeling my copy will come in similar condition like yours.

[quote name='samusaran226']fucking Amazon decides to put a limited edition cardboard packaging in one of their stupid wrap-around boxes. Completely ruined the box for me. I know many would probably just say its OCD but the reflective gold foil is rubbing off on the edges and the box was already bent by the time I opened it. Can't even get a fucking replacement either of course because Amazon doesn't have any more. Probably the last time I buy any limited edition online. This is my biggest problem with Amazon, I like to buy able to actually inspect the product I'm getting from them.[/QUOTE]

/hi5! Join the club!

Now I have none for my personal collection, but at least I got a 15% partial refund and they randomly sent me $10 promotion credit to use on future purchase (not sure why this applied to the CE) so I got it for like $50... Doesn't make it much better but yeah.

[quote name='samusaran226']fucking Amazon decides to put a limited edition cardboard packaging in one of their stupid wrap-around boxes. Completely ruined the box for me. I know many would probably just say its OCD but the reflective gold foil is rubbing off on the edges and the box was already bent by the time I opened it. Can't even get a fucking replacement either of course because Amazon doesn't have any more. Probably the last time I buy any limited edition online. This is my biggest problem with Amazon, I like to buy able to actually inspect the product I'm getting from them.[/QUOTE]Wow came here to post the same thing. Not only was the foil rubbing off on the edges, the bottom of the box is smashed. I am not real happy about it. Good Job Amazon:applause:

Did anyone get theirs from the Nevada warehouse yet? Mine should be delivered later today and I'm dreading what I might find when I get home from work. I'm hoping for once they went against the trend and used something other than a bubble pouch or wrap around box.

Nevermind, it appears mine shipped out of the Philadelphia distribution center which is where I'm guessing everyone else's shipped from. Time to head to Gamestop in hopes of finding one. This really needs to change. It can't be cost effective for Amazon to keep destroying this much merchandise.

I sent Amazon an email describing how the piss poor shipping packaging ruined the box for me hoping they just stop using the kind of box entirely. They did say that they forwarded my complaint to the shipping department, hopefully it doesn't go unnoticed. Luckily, I was able to still find a bundle at Target and picked it up there so the Amazon one is going back.

Everyone who gets these kind of ruined packages need to really go talk to CS and let them know, otherwise this won't change.

They're pulled listings of items before due to many people complaining about shitty packaging, so do it. Complain.

Well I'll be sure to do so if I get mine tomorrow and it is poorly packaged I'll sure to be making a call to them. It does appear that the limited edition is still available in all the Gamestops around me if it is really a problem. Of course I did use a gift card on it and Amazon probably won't refund that...

Edit: Just want to say that the box problems may not be a problem for everyone. At least one or two people posted on the board saying this wasn't a problem. And it isn't just an Amazon problem either since I do remember a post on Kotaku about their review copy coming in the mail all smashed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was in the same slightly too small wrap around box. Its dinged up and warped, and won't stand up straight no matter how much i mess with it :cry:

I don't want to go searching for another, as this is my 2nd bundle and my first box is in decent shape at least, but should i bother asking for any type of compensation?

I somehow got free 1 day shipping(maybe it was intended, i clicked it just to see the price the on sunday and the price didn't change) so i'm not sure its worth asking about.

I love when amazon does shit like that! they will package a rare/expensive item in a wrap around box but throw a $5 movie in a nice box with bubbles. It makes no sense to me.

[quote name='Rumors']I love when amazon does shit like that! they will package a rare/expensive item in a wrap around box but throw a $5 movie in a nice box with bubbles. It makes no sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I want to know who makes these decisions, because it usually seems like if it happens to one person, at least one entire region got stuck with that packaging for that item.

Why this one? They should absolutely expect complaints.

I'm glad that I didn't come back to a bunch of "it's just a box" comments and that other people are pretty annoyed by this also. We need to get them to stop using these kind of boxes!

You can definitely ask for a partial refund if it's busted up, just don't do it too much because it's logged on your account.

I hesitated this time because I already asked for a retroactive PM of their B2G1-50% last week and also a partial refund on the effed up Dark Souls CE I got.

I opted not to ask for one for the Skyrim CE guide or my Ys LE but you get my point... They've messed up a lot of my "collector's edition" stuff. I let some slide, others I don't.

For stuff that they run OoS on and can't send a replacement, I'd complain about it or at least let them know to inform the shipping people how poorly they're doing their job.

>> When I talked to the CSR I got (on the phone), she kept saying it was the "packaging" that was damaged and that they can only do a $5 refund for that. Technically the box is just packaging for the WiiMote + game but god for collectors it's just as important. It's not like I'd walk into a B&M store and buy something that's "new" knowing the ~packaging~ was busted up. It should be the same online.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']You can definitely ask for a partial refund if it's busted up, just don't do it too much because it's logged on your account.

I hesitated this time because I already asked for a retroactive PM of their B2G1-50% last week and also a partial refund on the effed up Dark Souls CE I got.

I opted not to ask for one for the Skyrim CE guide or my Ys LE but you get my point... They've messed up a lot of my "collector's edition" stuff. I let some slide, others I don't.

For stuff that they run OoS on and can't send a replacement, I'd complain about it or at least let them know to inform the shipping people how poorly they're doing their job.

>> When I talked to the CSR I got (on the phone), she kept saying it was the "packaging" that was damaged and that they can only do a $5 refund for that. Technically the box is just packaging for the WiiMote + game but god for collectors it's just as important. It's not like I'd walk into a B&M store and buy something that's "new" knowing the ~packaging~ was busted up. It should be the same online.[/QUOTE]

interesting how they keep it on file...ive been having to contact amazon a lot lately to receive my promotional credits. i wonder how my file looks like. lol

speaking of which, i still didnt receive my promotional credit for zelda

i ordered 3 from amazon and what do they do SEND IN A HUGE FREAKING BOX!!! this pisses me off. the lady gave me a 20$ promo code but still it doesnt do me any good. unless i can somehow find replacements my zelda collection is going to look all fudged up with crushed boxes =(. i really hate to say it but this is one time i shouldve ordered from gamestop =(.

Slightly OT (it being for a Gears of War 3 CE, didn't get CE for this one), but I had the same experience. Placed a complaint, hoping that they do a better job shipping ME3 CE. If not, I'll definitely return it and just buy it off a Microsoft Store. I'm lucky enough to be near one. Those pristine GoW3 CE boxes were so nice!

Wish I got a partial refund though.

it prolly will get cancelled knowing my luck but frys has the zelda bundles on back order status and customer service said they might get a shipment in for blackfriday to pend some of the orders.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']K-Mart gives you a $20 coupon with either version of the game.[/QUOTE]

Yup! I just picked it up yesterday!

well frys is no go to. this is some really bs from amazon. im NEVER ordering collectors boxsets from them again. complete and utter bs.

Well my box came today. It was in one of those wrap around boxes but it wasn't completely ruined. Yes it is a little bent but it isn't completely noticeable without inspecting it.

: (

I might as well start looking for a local copy by the sounds of it. And I used the free shipping so it wont even be here until next week.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Just got mine from Amazon and the box is a bit crushed. They should know better than to put stuff like this in a small, wrap-around box.[/QUOTE]

Like I just posted in the Wii forum, mine came today in a small box with air packets around it (shipped from their Reno, NV center) the only issue with the box was some smudges on the gold foil on the box, that just tells me that the printing process used on the boxes was total crap if it smudged so easily from a worker handling the box to ship it to me.

So apparently they seem like their listening to complaints, or this distro center has better sense than the others.

[quote name='gauu']i ordered 3 from amazon and what do they do SEND IN A HUGE FREAKING BOX!!! this pisses me off. the lady gave me a 20$ promo code but still it doesnt do me any good. unless i can somehow find replacements my zelda collection is going to look all fudged up with crushed boxes =(. i really hate to say it but this is one time i shouldve ordered from gamestop =(.[/QUOTE]

I ordered 3 also

All 3 beat to fucking hell and smashed. I got nothing from amazon for it.

Walmart THR night and GameStop Friday if all else fails. Unless someone here can help me out?!?!?

Well, as expected, mine showed up in the wrap around and was crushed. Is there anyway to get Cheapy involved since he seems to have a connection to Amazon? I have repeatedly complained to Amazon about packaging and still nothing has changed. I'm really sick of this and it could really cost me if I can't find a copy at GS.

[quote name='icedrake523']There's a Leave Pacakaging Feedback option you can click when you go to your Account.[/QUOTE]

I've been doing that for months, Amazon could care less.

Can't leave package feedback for an item I ordered the day it was announced, in what....? August? Only goes back to September for me.

Well I was glad when I ordered mine on Mon that I didnt have to wait 2-3weeks for shipping as it shipped this morning for me. But now Im a little worried with all the reports of busted boxes and poor condiitions. Also had not yet recieved my promotional credit. Did you guys get the credit email before or after it shipped?

Hmmm - in all the deal madness the last few days I just realized I haven't gotten this yet. Good job Amazon/UPS on getting that Sunday release to me before the following holiday weekend with my 2-day Prime shipping!

Seriously, though, I ordered stuff from Amazon on Monday that I got Weds - but this is still stuck in UPS limbo (just checked tracking and it got tagged as being in a facility today - Thanksgiving).

[quote name='io']Hmmm - in all the deal madness the last few days I just realized I haven't gotten this yet. Good job Amazon/UPS on getting that Sunday release to me before the following holiday weekend with my 2-day Prime shipping!

Seriously, though, I ordered stuff from Amazon on Monday that I got Weds - but this is still stuck in UPS limbo (just checked tracking and it got tagged as being in a facility today - Thanksgiving).[/QUOTE]
You should complain...and complain again. When I placed the order I complained about no release date shipping. They adjusted my price to $47.49 in cart and upgraded me to 1-day shipping (not that this would matter later). On Sunday I complained about the fact it hadn't shipped yet, and that they were no longer the lowest price ($39.99 Fry's deal). I was awarded $10. On Tuesday when my shipping date was bumped to Wednesday I called and complained. I was awarded $15. I received the game last night and an email this morning for thr $10 promotional credit added to the pre-orders. So, by my complaining I ultimately got this for $12.49.

Don't waste your time on chat. Always call, and always be respectful but logical.

[quote name='dnajar']You should complain...and complain again. When I placed the order I complained about no release date shipping. They adjusted my price to $47.49 in cart and upgraded me to 1-day shipping (not that this would matter later). On Sunday I complained about the fact it hadn't shipped yet, and that they were no longer the lowest price ($39.99 Fry's deal). I was awarded $10. On Tuesday when my shipping date was bumped to Wednesday I called and complained. I was awarded $15. I received the game last night and an email this morning for thr $10 promotional credit added to the pre-orders. So, by my complaining I ultimately got this for $12.49.

Don't waste your time on chat. Always call, and always be respectful but logical.[/QUOTE]

Someone's gonna get their Amazon account closed.....

[quote name='KarlMarx']Someone's gonna get their Amazon account closed.....[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. My wife and I spend a ton of money at Amazon. They need to keep me happy - not the other way around.

[quote name='rct316']Well I was glad when I ordered mine on Mon that I didnt have to wait 2-3weeks for shipping as it shipped this morning for me. But now Im a little worried with all the reports of busted boxes and poor condiitions. Also had not yet recieved my promotional credit. Did you guys get the credit email before or after it shipped?[/QUOTE]

Just wondering before Im off lol.

got really lucky and found 2 at target mint other then the gold foil rubbing which is impossible to protect. my sister found one for me at gamestop mint so i got my 3 for collection. now to bitch to amazon yet again cause they still havent sent me a return label and ive been asking for a few days now.

Mine came and was in good condition, not crushed :). However, the bottom flap of the box became unglued which is odd.

bread's done
Back