Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube) $9.97 @ Kmart

preston181

CAGiversary!
Among the latest K-Mart markdowns included the Gamecube version of Zelda: Twilight Princess to $9.97, brand new in package. Cheapest I've seen it (new) for anywhere else, even online, is $25. Might not be a game for yourself, but plenty of K-marts still have this one apparantly. Plus, it is technically playable on the Wii. Could be a nice $15 per copy profit for the right CAG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going tomorrow! :p

Might be ymmv but I had been planning on making the trip to look around for a while now. Thanks for the heads up.

I would actually expect this one to become a rare oddity (since everyone just bought/buys the Wii version) so I say pick this one up and don't open it.

[quote name='preston181']Among the latest K-Mart markdowns included the Gamecube version of Zelda: Twilight Princess to $9.97, brand new in package. Cheapest I've seen it (new) for anywhere else, even online, is $25. Might not be a game for yourself, but plenty of K-marts still have this one apparantly. Plus, it is technically playable on the Wii. Could be a nice $15 per copy profit for the right CAG.[/QUOTE]

I might just save the gas and time and buy it online. Where did you find it for $25 at?

[quote name='Sonic9jct']I would actually expect this one to become a rare oddity (since everyone just bought/buys the Wii version) so I say pick this one up and don't open it.[/QUOTE]

Eh, may be. Zelda games don't tend to be rarities, at least not in the likes of old FF titles.

That said, I think the GCN version of TP was superior to the Wii iteration, in part because the GCN version was the truest version (Link has always been left handed). :)

[quote name='romeogbs19']Eh, may be. Zelda games don't tend to be rarities, at least not in the likes of old FF titles.

That said, I think the GCN version of TP was superior to the Wii iteration, in part because the GCN version was the truest version (Link has always been left handed). :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah but this was so late in the Gamecubes run that I kinda lean toward it being a good chance of being somewhat rare. Only on the gamecube though not the Wii one.

Don't get your hopes up I can't find any gamecube games at the kmarts around me, I went to 4 different kmarts and nothing so good luck if you do find it.

Excellent deal, this is a fraction of a fraction of a stingy buy price. I played through this game last year, it's way better than the Wii version. Also to note, because of the Wii launch, approximately only about 20% of Twilight princesses were the GC version, making this one of the rarer AAA Gamecube titles.

There was one copy at mine a few months back, but I passed since at the time I didn't have the necessary 'Cube hardware. Now I do and it's gone :(

I *want* to like that game, so I'd buy the Gamecube version if it were available :(

It is somewhat YMMV. I performed a search (On Saturday, Feb 20th) at the POS at my store, and almost all stores within 50 miles of me had at least 1 in stock. (I'm in Zanesville, Ohio). Our location had 2 copies left. My guess is that the other stores may not have performed the markdown yet (I'm pretty up to date at my store, whereas some of the others take quite a while to actually reticket their markdowns).

I'm pretty sure that this is nationwide, since the PLC came from corporate. Usually corporate won't issue a PLC unless there is enough locations with stock left to get rid of. (If there is too little to bother with, they'll usually just issue a penny PLC, and have the locations with remaining stock send their items back in for credit).

As for there being a K-Mart clearance thread, the ones that came up in my search were all closed. If there is still an open K-Mart clearance thread somewhere, I apologize for not posting there. Believe me, I made the best effort to locate it.

Is there a way to check inventory online?

And regarding mass-threads, I ABHOR those, given I waste too much time on the internet as is, and don't have the time to keep up with 50 threads on the off chance someone might post a new deal or whatever.

I already played the Wii version, but I really couldn't get into it that way. I'll definitely have to check out some stores to find this. Seemed like it could be a great game, just not on the Wii.

Thanks OP, there were two copies at mine and I picked one up, been wanting this for a long time. I can finally open up the fancy hard cover guide book I grabbed oh so many years ago.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Eh, may be. Zelda games don't tend to be rarities, at least not in the likes of old FF titles.

That said, I think the GCN version of TP was superior to the Wii iteration, in part because the GCN version was the truest version (Link has always been left handed). :)[/QUOTE]

The GCN Zelda Collection that came with the Gamecube's always stayed around 50-60 bucks. Looks like Amazon has a used price at 40ish, but I managed to get some great deals in the past with that game.

None at my Kmart, but they had 2 copies of GBA FFVI for $12 each, Enchanted Arms w/novel, and Star Ocean & Last Remnant for $9.88 a piece.

[quote name='horns456']None at my store in MD. In fact, there wasn't a single GC game in the store.[/QUOTE]

Same thing here in PA. Although, I did grab the last Metroid Prime 3 for Wii for $10.

I bought a copy on Amazon over a year ago for $19.99 and it's still sealed. Never got around to playing it and then I got the Wii version. I hope the GC version is worth something in a few years because I don't have a reason to ever open it.

[quote name='horns456']None at my store in MD. In fact, there wasn't a single GC game in the store.[/QUOTE]

This was the only GC game at mine, and it was marked at 14.97.

There was also Pikmin and Madworld on Wii for 9.97 nearby.

Will it ring up at the clearance price automatically if it's not marked? Do they keep any games in the backroom?

[quote name='defmonkey05']The GCN Zelda Collection that came with the Gamecube's always stayed around 50-60 bucks. Looks like Amazon has a used price at 40ish, but I managed to get some great deals in the past with that game.[/QUOTE]

This is true -- that one is going to be rare, but that's also because the only way to get your mitts on it was to buy a Gamecube packaged with it or to go online at Nintendo.com and enter several codes from games to have it shipped to you.

Of course, that would make the GCN collection rare(r). TP however was a general release and the fact that the Wii version exists at all will likely level out the demand for the GCN version. I'm not saying it won't command a decent price, but I sincerely doubt it will ever reach the proportions we've seen with FF7 or even Pikmin 2.

[quote name='rawrker']Went to mine, but no Gamecube games at all. No other deals worth even considering either.[/QUOTE]

This is what my local K-Mart is like. The game section looks like a little kids bedroom, the games are not placed neatly in display cases. All of the games are full price (even old ones) and they even had some crappy b2g1 prepackaged games but they were all crappy titles. The display cases are even marked incorrectly. They have 360 games in the section they mark Wii and stuff like that.

[quote name='romeogbs19']This is true -- that one is going to be rare, but that's also because the only way to get your mitts on it was to buy a Gamecube packaged with it or to go online at Nintendo.com and enter several codes from games to have it shipped to you.

Of course, that would make the GCN collection rare(r). TP however was a general release and the fact that the Wii version exists at all will likely level out the demand for the GCN version. I'm not saying it won't command a decent price, but I sincerely doubt it will ever reach the proportions we've seen with FF7 or even Pikmin 2.[/QUOTE]

Wow, i had no idea Pikmin 2 was rare, I almost traded it in for a pittance at GS yesterday, thanks for the post.

Man, I traded that in years ago. Didn't like it compared to the first one.

Wish I hadn't traded my Zeldas though :whistle2:/ The only Zelda I can buy now is Twilight Princess Wii, which I don't like.

I stopped at a few Kmarts during my rounds yesterday. I wasn't expecting to find a copy of Zelda, and that helped me avoid disappointment when the only Gamecube games I saw were Viewtiful Joes.

[quote name='eastshore4']MD guys, what stores did you go to?[/QUOTE]

Went to the one on Connecticut Ave in Montgomery County (which had nothing GCN). Gonna check Prince George's Count ones whenever I get a chance.

dang just went to kmart no find on zelda twilight princess but i did stumple upon silent hill homecoming (ps3) and a new sealed black label FF12 lol

i couldn't find zelda at 2 nearby kmarts for me either. But I did happen to come across final fantasy 6 for GBA. it was stickied with 14.99 but it ran up 9.97 :) good find for me at least, its just too bad this was from first one, 2nd was waste of my time.

There is a reason we have clearance threads. Clearance items function much like a lottery. They are not usually advertised specifically by stores because people get pissed when they cannot find clearance items at their local store. There is often a lot of luck in finding clearance items. This specific clearance item did not deserve its own thread.

bread's done
Back