Zelda: Twilight Princess new release date...WTF??!!!

serum79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
ok, I had preordered Zelda: TP from bestbuy.com a while ago and today they sent me this email

Pre-Order Update
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]February 12, 2006
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 11/01/2006.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]another 5-6 months more to wait...this is really driving me crazy :bomb:
[/font]

[quote name='serum79']ok, I had preordered Zelda: TP from bestbuy.com a while ago and today they sent me this email

Pre-Order Update
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]February 12, 2006
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 11/01/2006.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]another 5-6 months more to wait...this is really driving me crazy :bomb:
[/font][/QUOTE]

be interesting to see how well this sells with the new nintendo sitting right next to it

I say it be cancelled before it comes out

[quote name='slidecage']be interesting to see how well this sells with the new nintendo sitting right next to it

I say it be cancelled before it comes out[/QUOTE]

I just read a new article on this game over at gamespot.com where egm interviewed the president of NOA..he said the worst case scenario is that Zelda will be out the same day as the revolution. The revolution will be backwards compatible with the gamecube and TP is still going to be a gamecube game, but playing TP on the revolution will add special features to the game that gamecube owners won't be able to have.

[quote name='slidecage']be interesting to see how well this sells with the new nintendo sitting right next to it

I say it be cancelled before it comes out[/QUOTE]

Little early in the day to be making dumb comments, don't you think slidecage?

It's the game that never releases it goes on and on my friends some people talked long ago about releasing it but it never happens so we are singing about the game that never releases

If this makes this game a further degree of kick ass I won't mind all this. Although I bought my latest cube nearlt a year ago to play this game lol

Releasing this on the same day as Revolution doesn't seem like a bad idea.

At least nobody will be stuck with Mario Party 291 or whatever crappy title the Revolution launches with.

Why doesn't nintendo just cut the Bullcrap and make it a rev launch title??? Its the perfect game too push system sales out the window. It already has special rev features, so what benefit is there really keeping this game on the gamebucket?

Not surprising...wasn't it supposed to come out in the fall or winter anyway?

a May or June release date simply wouldn't be optimal for this game. Releasing it the same day as the Rev, with exclusive features not found on the gamecube, would be a quick way to sell a couple million systems. The only thing that could out do it would be a new Mario platformer.

Every time this topic comes up, I say this.

Zelda, TP will be a Revolution launch title.

Remember, you heard it hear first. I've been saying it for months, and I say it again, Zelda TP will be a Revolution launch title.

TBW

[quote name='evanft']It's bestbuy.com speculating on a release date. You're a retard if you put any stock in this.[/QUOTE]

qft

[quote name='evanft']It's bestbuy.com speculating on a release date. You're a retard if you put any stock in this.[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy.com has been fairly accurate with the dates they list on their site. If you compare them to other places such as gamestop/ebgames, gamespot or gamestats you will see that they are all in the same range.

I also believe that this game will release around the same time as the revolution to try and help boost sales of the system as well as make the revolution special features in the game appealing to gamecube owners so that they will just pick up the revolution to play the game instead of playing it using their gamecubes.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Why doesn't nintendo just cut the Bullcrap and make it a rev launch title??? Its the perfect game too push system sales out the window. It already has special rev features, so what benefit is there really keeping this game on the gamebucket?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they'll have some good games at launch (they know they messed upo, and Miyamoto's last game was Mario Sunshine...he's been workin' on SOMETHING for awhile). I'm just worried that they'll release this too close to the Revolution, and it'll feel archaic in comparison.

...not that I'll like it any less. :)

[quote name='Strell']Little early in the day to be making dumb comments, don't you think slidecage?[/QUOTE]

Watch and wait ...... there will be news about some other delay and they figure that few people will want gamecube games when the new system is out and they will attempt to make it into one of the first games for the new system....

just wait and see.......

personally i dont see why anyone really cares about nintendo release dates after they screw us over with the 64DD.... I still buy nintendo items but i wont wait for a nintendo item to comeout

I can't say I'm that upset--I'm extremely excited to play this game, but there are so many titles coming out in the next few months (and, like most people here, I'm still picking away at games from several years ago) that it's not going to leave me twitching in anticipation. I'm buying a Revolution at launch, regardless, so it's not an issue to me as to which console it lands on/is targeted for play on.

Well the only reason I was holding on to my GCN was cause of this. I just can't bring myself to sell a system but I want to as an act of defiance toward nintendo for this bullshit.

[quote name='slidecage']Watch and wait ...... there will be news about some other delay and they figure that few people will want gamecube games when the new system is out and they will attempt to make it into one of the first games for the new system....

just wait and see.......

personally i dont see why anyone really cares about nintendo release dates after they screw us over with the 64DD.... I still buy nintendo items but i wont wait for a nintendo item to comeout[/QUOTE]

"I say it be cancelled before it comes out" made no sense. None. Saying "It'll be turned into a Revo title" makes sense, but there will be no canceling

...and why the hell did you bring up the 64DD? Where you actually waiting for it and the 2 titles and 2 expansions? Yippie.

I'm not sure but I don't think Nintendo ever made an official release date... they said it won't be released no earlier than April 2006 or something.

Gamestop still has June as the release date.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm not sure but I don't think Nintendo ever made an official release date... they said it won't be released no earlier than April 2006 or something.

Gamestop still has June as the release date.[/QUOTE]

You might want to save yourself some trouble right now and change the '6' in your sig to a '7'

[quote name='camoor']You might want to save yourself some trouble right now and change the '6' in your sig to a '7'[/QUOTE]

My money's still for Nintendo delivering this game for the GC this year.:)

Nobody should be expecting this until at/near Revolution time. Ninendo said that themselves because it will be compatible with both GC and Revolution. I read it on an article posted here on CAG awhile ago...dont remember where it was though.

[quote name='whoknows']Nobody should be expecting this until at/near Revolution time. Ninendo said that themselves because it will be compatible with both GC and Revolution. I read it on an article posted here on CAG awhile ago...dont remember where it was though.[/QUOTE]

eventually it will be a rev exclusive title. Its the perfect chance for nintendo to push systems out of the door to start.

The thing that pisses me of about all this, is that I'm pretty sure the game is finished, or could be in a month or two. Nintendo is just holding it back to leverage the most they can out of it. I understand why, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating for me.

[quote name='chakan']The thing that pisses me of about all this, is that I'm pretty sure the game is finished, or could be in a month or two. Nintendo is just holding it back to leverage the most they can out of it. I understand why, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating for me.[/QUOTE]
I doubt it. Pretty much everyone who owns a GCN, and there aren't many of us, is going to buy this no matter when they release it. All I can say is they better have a damn good preorder bonus.

[quote name='BIG5']I doubt it. Pretty much everyone who owns a GCN, and there aren't many of us, is going to buy this no matter when they release it. All I can say is they better have a damn good preorder bonus.[/QUOTE]

get a free nintendo revoultion with every preorder of zelda twilight princess.

I doubt it. Pretty much everyone who owns a GCN, and there aren't many of us, is going to buy this no matter when they release it. All I can say is they better have a damn good preorder bonus.

As stated above by other posters, they will probably release this at the same time as the Revolution, with enhanced features on the Revolution, even though its a GC game.

[quote name='111111']this would be very interesting to see this game come out for GC the same time the REV comes out.[/QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see if that would actually help or hurt Revolution sales. I can't decide how I think it would effect it.

Hillarious.

So the last game I bought for my Gamecube was RE4, which came out in what? January or Feb of last year? *scratchs head* So It's been a YEAR since I bought a new gamecube game. I almost bought Sonic Gems, until I saw a price drop to $19.99 and figured I could get it even cheaper.

Harvest Moons looks to be a nice title, but I'm still ok with the last version I bought.

There's a whopping 13 titles on EBgames listed for the Cube this year. Think I'll snag Odama for full price? Nah.

Nintendo really dropped the ball with the Cube. They gave up on it pretty much for this year, although I'll have to pick up Fire Emblem and Battalian Wars someday, I'll admit that.

Edit: Damn sorry I went into a rant there. I guess my point is I won't pick up Zelda on release, because if they are going to delay it, and keep delaying it , I misewell get it with the revolution to grab It's extra features. So it will be a good near a year and a half and I might not be purchasing one Cube game. Way to go Nintendo.

Why couldnt they have Released the game now for current Cube owners and then shipped REV with a demo of what the added stuff would be IF you played the full game on REV?

if it will have extra content/suprises for revolution owners, they better take care of those that have waited a long time for this fucking game on the cube

We are so spoiled with Zelda games it's not even funny. Between 1993 and 1998 there were ZERO Zelda games. In the last 5 years we've gotten more than I can count. Waiting until November or later is no big deal.

Remember, people, that just about EVERY Zelda game has had these delays. Zelda 3 SNES, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker -- all were at least a year or two behind the original estimated release date. Nintendo can only put out a Zelda game in a timely manner when Capcom is doing the development (Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Minish Cap).

I just hope all the ink doesn't wear off my preorder sheet from GameRush, and they disavow any knowledge of me preordering it.

LoL. Nintendo Fanboys cry.

I'll give this game a try when it comes out but if it's anything like the other 3d Zelda's it'll prob be crappy

bread's done
Back