Playstation 3 ($59.99)

Xbox 360 ($59.99)

ZOE_PS3_beauty_shot_55704_screen.jpg

Limited Edition Includes:

- 100 Page Artbook
- Remixed Soundtrack
- Special Gold Metallic Packaging

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic, in for the PS3 Limited Edition. Already have a $30 copy for the 360 at Newegg, so I guess I'll just end up with a copy for each platform.
I'd have gone with Gamestop on this one if the poster was either shipped or guaranteed upon pickup, but the one near me hasn't been very reliable with physical bonuses in the past.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Just a heads up, came back from GS and yeah you can still pre-order the LE. I asked about the poster, and the guy said he didn't know about it. I asked if the LE people would still get it and he said it didn't say but that he'd assume yes.[/QUOTE]

That's not good :cry:.I pre-order the C.E awhile back ago & there was no mention about the poster for C.E order. Only for the regular/normal edition.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Just a heads up, came back from GS and yeah you can still pre-order the LE. I asked about the poster, and the guy said he didn't know about it. I asked if the LE people would still get it and he said it didn't say but that he'd assume yes.[/QUOTE]

Geez. I hate preordering from GameStop every time there's a freebie it seems to be still boxed up, in transit, or employees have no clue. Especially since its holiday season and everybody is new. I would like to pick this up during the midnight release, but if people are having problems ill wait until the store manager shows up at store opening.

[quote name='eXiON']Found it, yeah I can't see why it wouldn't. Here's the quote straight from the page.

Gonna go ahead and try it regardless once I get my shipping confirmation for the game, thanks for the info![/QUOTE]

Snizzap, will have to confer with my local store to confirm they will have one for me.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']The problem with that one was the guys at Konami were using the original code or something like that; they weren't working with the game as it was published. It was basically the unfinished versions of the games.

Bluepoint is making these, and they've done some fantastic HD collections, God of War HD, Ico/SotcHD and the MGS HD collection were just about flawless, and MGSHD was also done Bluepoint/Kojimaproductions, just as ZoEHD is, so I really wouldn't worry about it.[/QUOTE]

Bluepoint didnt work on this game.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']The problem with that one was the guys at Konami were using the original code or something like that; they weren't working with the game as it was published. It was basically the unfinished versions of the games.

Bluepoint is making these, and they've done some fantastic HD collections, God of War HD, Ico/SotcHD and the MGS HD collection were just about flawless, and MGSHD was also done Bluepoint/Kojimaproductions, just as ZoEHD is, so I really wouldn't worry about it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Didnt know that. Is the exchange program still going on for silent Hill?

[quote name='jrr6415sun']this[/QUOTE]

It will be limited what will hurt it is that the interest isn't their compared to a game like MGS.

I think the L.E. will become a collectible in a few months and the price will jump like the MGSHD L.E.

So excited to get this, I only played the first Z.O.E. for the PS2 and I heard the sequel was better. Not that it matters. I'm sold on the MGR demo alone.

Not surprised that it's back on Amazon, but since it's also back on GS, that might indicate that it's not as limited as retailers thought it would be.

[quote name='62t']Bluepoint didnt work on this game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know now, someone said this about a post or two after I said that.

[quote name='The Punisher']Thanks! Didnt know that. Is the exchange program still going on for silent Hill?[/QUOTE]

No idea, you could try contacting them, because I haven't heard about it in a while.

[quote name='Psychonik']Thank god it's back in stock! I can cancel my taxed and shipping charged Gamestop order now![/QUOTE]

I did the same thing yesterday!

Eh I finally came to my senses and cancelled my preorder of the regular edition for in favor of just getting the LE. My backlog has a bunch of games in it at the moment right now and will be added to in the months to come, I could just keep this sealed and pick the game up later down the road.

[quote name='blinknot4']I did the same thing yesterday![/QUOTE]

Nice, just got an order for the PS3 edition! Thanks for the heads up everyone.

[quote name='Vinny']Not surprised that it's back on Amazon, but since it's also back on GS, that might indicate that it's not as limited as retailers thought it would be.[/QUOTE]

There are only two official retailers carrying it that I know of.. remember MGS HD LE was availabe up to release and stock returned in short bursts for a few days after release... and then it was impossibe to get

so i have to ask, what systems are people buying this for?

i had it originally on PS3 for nostalgia, but a week ago i switched it to 360 because i like the controller layout more.

other than controller preferences, will we see any technical differences?

hopefully there will be some kind of b2g1 in nov. too many games i want and not having a job right now sucks. Zone of the Enders is one of my fav series ever.

I got burned before when I pre-ordered :pc: The Old Repbulic Collector's Edition and :ps3: Dark Souls Limited Edition after both were hyped up on CAG as easy money. I put in for a :ps3: copy and will leave it sealed, hoping to make a profit to offset all the other titles I want to buy this holiday.

Edit: Just put in a :360: order at Gamestop as well.

I got the 360 version on Amazon free with the swagbucks GCs I've earned. They're sold out now so I was thinking of getting a 2nd 360 version from GameStop to flip with the posters. :\ But I'm looking at 2 copies of The Last Story on my counter and its value is not going up at all. The stuff that sold big so far this year was those Call of Duty and Borderlands 2 packages.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Not even worried about rarity here. Just stoked that I have my LE locked in. Gonna play the everloving hell out of ZoE2 all over again.[/QUOTE]
Word. I'm going to be loving the art book.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Not even worried about rarity here. Just stoked that I have my LE locked in. Gonna play the everloving hell out of ZoE2 all over again.[/QUOTE]

I concur. It is infuriating how so many people are never satisfied. They get angry if they miss out on an LE (no matter the game). "Fack the devs... they made this too limited." But then those same people get angry if an LE is easier to find. "Fack the devs... I'm canceling."

Just look at the Halo LE thread or the general CE thread - so many comments like that. I don't get it.

Well to be fair, the Halo 4 LE is a pretty crappy LE......

Either way, I pre-ordered this one the day it popped up at Gamestop. ZoE2 was one of my favorite PS2 games, I'd cry if I had missed out on the artbook and soundtrack. If it ends up rare down the line, added bonus

[quote name='blinknot4']I concur. It is infuriating how so many people are never satisfied. They get angry if they miss out on an LE (no matter the game). "Fack the devs... they made this too limited." But then those same people get angry if an LE is easier to find. "Fack the devs... I'm canceling."

Just look at the Halo LE thread or the general CE thread - so many comments like that. I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

This is Cheap Ass Gamer. You really can't understand their mindset? The more of a product that are printed, the cheaper it gets. However, the fewer that are printed, the more expensive it gets. If a CAG wants an item, they're gonna want it at the best price. So for LEs they expect to get overprinted, they won't buy day 1, but for LEs they expect to be truly limited, they'll buy day 1 for fear it will go up in price.

ZOE is one of those where people expected it might be truly limited and skyrocket in price after release. However, with the preorders opened up again, it's likely that it will drop in price before selling out. So of course they're going to cancel if it doesn't seem truly limited -- they want it at the best price, so they're gonna wait till it drops.

I just tried to cancel my Gamestop PS3 order (because it has recently become available at Amazon), and was unable to because it is already "packaged for shipment". So we may be getting this title a bit earlier than expected...

[quote name='DarkSageRK']This is Cheap Ass Gamer. You really can't understand their mindset? The more of a product that are printed, the cheaper it gets. However, the fewer that are printed, the more expensive it gets. If a CAG wants an item, they're gonna want it at the best price. So for LEs they expect to get overprinted, they won't buy day 1, but for LEs they expect to be truly limited, they'll buy day 1 for fear it will go up in price.

ZOE is one of those where people expected it might be truly limited and skyrocket in price after release. However, with the preorders opened up again, it's likely that it will drop in price before selling out. So of course they're going to cancel if it doesn't seem truly limited -- they want it at the best price, so they're gonna wait till it drops.[/QUOTE]

This is what baffles me.. does anyone pay fucking attention to what becomes limited and what doesn't?

Damn.. TLOZ Skyward Sword, MGS HD LE, Diablo 3 all came back in stock within a week of release and MGS HD LE and Skyward Sword were available post release.

Availability at this point means nothing. I would say there is a much greater chance of this not being avalabe in a month (especially because only two retailers are officially selling it) then it hitting a clearance cycle.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']This is Cheap Ass Gamer. You really can't understand their mindset? The more of a product that are printed, the cheaper it gets. However, the fewer that are printed, the more expensive it gets. If a CAG wants an item, they're gonna want it at the best price. So for LEs they expect to get overprinted, they won't buy day 1, but for LEs they expect to be truly limited, they'll buy day 1 for fear it will go up in price.

ZOE is one of those where people expected it might be truly limited and skyrocket in price after release. However, with the preorders opened up again, it's likely that it will drop in price before selling out. So of course they're going to cancel if it doesn't seem truly limited -- they want it at the best price, so they're gonna wait till it drops.[/QUOTE]

Right...

I believe the comment was about how CAG is moving closer to SD and further away from being about "games". Now a days we always see rarity, value, flippablity coming into play in these threads, over people actually talking about the item in question. This is a stark contrast to the actual "gamers" who might just want a special edition of a game they like or think something is cool.

Look at Persona 4 the Golden, many people were like "I plan on buying X to flip on ebay" or keeping one sealed to resell later. Not only does it make the person look greedy, but it also takes 1 copy out of the hands of someone that might really want the item. How would you feel if thats your favorite game, you worked that day and were unable to preorder the LE, only to find out that at least 50 copies were going to be flipped? How would you feel if you loved 999, through you find most people only preordered it to resell the watch later for profit. This really works for anything and is something most users don't want to see.

This CE is 20 dollars more than the base game and regardless of it's value going up or down, has some nice bonuses. I rather hear more about the items, like whether or not the artbook is hardcover, then hear about Kojima's history of extremely rare collectors editions, how Amazon selling out proves it's a cash cow, about MGS Collection CE being in stores for a little bit or even that Amazon having stock might imply it being far more common than people want (IE, killing resale). I would laugh if it was actually an error, which resulted in a bunch of cancelations and leading to the stock we see now.

[quote name='GBAstar']This is what baffles me.. does anyone pay fucking attention to what becomes limited and what doesn't?

Damn.. TLOZ Skyward Sword, MGS HD LE, Diablo 3 all came back in stock within a week of release and MGS HD LE and Skyward Sword were available post release.

Availability at this point means nothing. I would say there is a much greater chance of this not being avalabe in a month (especially because only two retailers are officially selling it) then it hitting a clearance cycle.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK all MGS LEs were quite rare and always sold out before its release. I wasn't sure about the ZOE LE, but since it probably isn't as popular as MGS, it might last in stores a bit longer.

What is truly limited? Unless the publisher states the exact amount and sticks by it, no one here will truly know. We all know ZoE is not as big as MGS and it's very possible that there will still be a few ZoE LE out there after release. But the likelihood of hitting clearance is really low and if it does, well, good luck finding those few GS with a copy in stock. I get people here don't want to feel burn but no one here knows the number and may be jumping the conclusion far too early.

The preorders opening up could be for multiple reasons (from cancels, more shipments, who knows) and as far as I know, Konami has been pretty good with managing supplies for LE and making sure they didn't produce an insane excessive amount of extra LE.

Haha, I think the Persona 4 Golden LE is the perfect example. Everyone saw the 10,000 copies and thought "Thats so many, it wont be rare", few days later sold out and everyone going crazy.

Either way, I cant wait to get my hands on that thing too. I just REALLY wish it came with a Soundtrack, Persona games always have epic soundtracks.

I appreciate all of the responses, guys. Good insight, etc. If I want an LE, I order it ...regardless if there is an abundance or not.

Also people seem to get confused on CE vs LE. Also - when EA says the first run of a game is an LE, that makes us all laugh together, as one. :)

And yes P4G is a good example. Same with the LE for Ni No Kuni. (A thread on the Namco site has people complaining that they put it for order too early and those that missed out didn't know about it, etc. *sigh*)

I wish Namco didnt make it an exclusive, I just hate ordering online outside of Amazon and Newegg. So I'll just get the Steelbook at Gamestop

[quote name='dgwillia006']I wish Namco didnt make it an exclusive, I just hate ordering online outside of Amazon and Newegg. So I'll just get the Steelbook at Gamestop[/QUOTE]

Same here - I missed it at Namco official, so I actually am importing it from Amazon UK. Gotta love the region free ps3.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008MLSNOY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

As a heads up it was about $105 US dollars converted (including shipping). I also ordered the Hitman from over there too. Must have that big headed 47.

I think you also understand that the state of the economy makes many people eager to earn a quick buck. They're still buying it at launch which supports the developers. A few weeks down the road stores alternate between sales and a couple months later the standard game's value plunges significantly. If the game is worth playing at launch, its still just as good later when its cheaper. I mean these CEs and LEs are really just used as bonus incentive for people to buy at launch, no? And if they don't make a CE version, they provide exclusive DLC. Sure you can look at it like the developers trying to thank die hard fans (which I'm sure is the case for SOME releases) but the fact that there's a deluxe edition of almost every game that's released now seems to just be a tactic to rake in early sales. I always just aim to try to break even. Like when I bough the Skyward Sword bundle, I sold the controller so I basically got the game for free. All I really wanted was the game. I have every intention to add ZOE to my game library.. still haven't decided if I want to keep this LE or sell it and use the profits to pick up the game during the Black Friday sales.

:eek: now I prepare for the vicious assault against me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blinknot4']Same here - I missed it at Namco official, so I actually am importing it from Amazon UK. Gotta love the region free ps3.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008MLSNOY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

As a heads up it was about $105 US dollars converted (including shipping). I also ordered the Hitman from over there too. Must have that big headed 47.[/QUOTE]

I thought Amazon UK didn't ship to the US? At least they didn't last year...

[quote name='Vinny']I thought Amazon UK didn't ship to the US? At least they didn't last year...[/QUOTE]

They still won't ship video games to the US. They will ship books and DVDs though.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I just tried to cancel my Gamestop PS3 order (because it has recently become available at Amazon), and was unable to because it is already "packaged for shipment". So we may be getting this title a bit earlier than expected...[/QUOTE]
Same problem here. I really hate gamestop and I don't know why I even try to order from them. Never heard of being unable to cancel with 5 days before release.

[quote name='Vinny']I thought Amazon UK didn't ship to the US? At least they didn't last year...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bojay1997']They still won't ship video games to the US. They will ship books and DVDs though.[/QUOTE]

I was able to place the order successfully. Email confirmations, order history, etc is all fine. Perhaps the 'rule' has changed? I never got a 'you cannot order this w/ your US address.'

?

[quote name='blinknot4']I was able to place the order successfully. Email confirmations, order history, etc is all fine. Perhaps the 'rule' has changed? I never got a 'you cannot order this w/ your US address.'

?[/QUOTE]

As of just a few weeks ago they didn't. I doubt it has changed. Either this was classified in the wrong category or you're in for a cancellation. Hopefully it ships though!

[quote name='GBAstar']As of just a few weeks ago they didn't. I doubt it has changed. Either this was classified in the wrong category or you're in for a cancellation. Hopefully it ships though![/QUOTE]

Well I placed the order a couple weeks ago. And logged in with my normal Amazon login etc, chose my home address. Now I am sad.

I will keep my fingers crossed. But did you get a cancel notice immediately? Or did your order get blocked/ineligble ?

[quote name='blinknot4']Well I placed the order a couple weeks ago. And logged in with my normal Amazon login etc, chose my home address. Now I am sad.

I will keep my fingers crossed. But did you get a cancel notice immediately? Or did your order get blocked/ineligble ?[/QUOTE]

Mine was immediate; in fact I wasn't allowed to process the order. This close to release you're looking good.

Some of the others that import games and blu-rays would have a better understanding.

Gotcha, thanks for the insight. I hope I am successful.

For what its worth, I was able to place several UK orders with zero problems a couple weeks ago (Ni No Kuni, Hitman Deluxe, and Far Cry 3 Insane Edition.) Most recently, I ordered the Join or Die version of ACIII. All orders were processed through without problem - all of them asked me to confirm my US address for which they will dispatch to, etc.

Thanks again for the info...

bread's done
Back