Playstation 3 ($59.99)

Xbox 360 ($59.99)

ZOE_PS3_beauty_shot_55704_screen.jpg

Limited Edition Includes:

- 100 Page Artbook
- Remixed Soundtrack
- Special Gold Metallic Packaging

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even close to what I'm talking about DarkSage. My problem is that if you don't like the collection/games/whatever, that is YOUR choice. From what I've seen the game runs fine. If it is especially bad after I PERSONALLY play it then I'll deal with it from there.

And NeoGAF are some of the biggest babies on the internet. They are elitists who will cry over the smallest detail. They seriously need to grow up.

But that being said it's all my opinion. If you want to listen to NeoGAF or whoever and skip the collection then do so by all means. I just hate it when someone tries to enjoy something and someone else tries to ruin their enjoyment by cramming comparisons and such down their throat in an attempt to get them not to buy it. It's my choice. Get over it.

[quote name='GBAstar']you're blacklisted. If you ever want to order from Gamestop again you'll need to do it on a different card and using a new e-mail address; none of the billing or shipping information can be the same as before either.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow that is a trip. I haven't ordered with gamestop in like 6 years too I guess it just wasn't ment to be for me, I guess I will just be getting the regular edition from frys 31 dollars shipped. Maybe they fount out how much I despise them as a business and a gaming retailer xD I talked to a lady on the phone right now from costumer service she didn't give me much explanation but that they can't except my billing info oh wells.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Not even close to what I'm talking about DarkSage. My problem is that if you don't like the collection/games/whatever, that is YOUR choice. From what I've seen the game runs fine. If it is especially bad after I PERSONALLY play it then I'll deal with it from there.

And NeoGAF are some of the biggest babies on the internet. They are elitists who will cry over the smallest detail. They seriously need to grow up.

But that being said it's all my opinion. If you want to listen to NeoGAF or whoever and skip the collection then do so by all means. I just hate it when someone tries to enjoy something and someone else tries to ruin their enjoyment by cramming comparisons and such down their throat in an attempt to get them not to buy it. It's my choice. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

All I did was provide information that could help people make a more informed decision. How exactly does that turn into me trying to ruin the game for everyone? I mean, really dude.

Just because the 360 has the better port doesn't mean you need to take it personally. Sony isn't your mother and you don't need to defend her honor till your last breath. Calm down, bro.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']All I did was provide information that could help people make a more informed decision. How exactly does that turn into me trying to ruin the game for everyone? I mean, really dude.[/QUOTE]
Really now?
[quote name='DarkSageRK']GAF has speculation as to why this is, but if you don't trust them, not much I can say to make you believe it.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like you want me to trust NeoGAF, who almost all unanimously say to skip the collection altogether. I'm not doing that. They even flip-flop on their own opinions.
"Oh the PS2 version has constant slowdown so anything in the PS3 version is an improvement. Wait the PS3 version has slowdown in one scene? PRE-ORDER CANCELLED I HATE KONAMI I HATE KOJIMA I HATE PS3 I HATE SONY"
That is NeoGAF for you.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Just because the 360 has the better port doesn't mean you need to take it personally. Sony isn't your mother and you don't need to defend her honor till your last breath. Calm down, bro.[/QUOTE]
This is what I find funny. It's a better port because it runs a few frames faster in a few scenes? What about the other 95% of the game? Like I said any real tester will tell you that this isn't a good test. One sweep of a scene doesn't make for good results. You need multiple tests with the same variables.
Instead they showed off one play through of 2 scenes, and some screenshot comparisons which look the same. Hardly anything to throw your hands up in the air about and say one version is better than the other or that the collection as a whole is bad.

This isn't a PS3 vs 360 debate for me. It's a Why can't I enjoy the game vs Why does this guy not want me to enjoy the game debate.

What happened to the days when people could just enjoy games? Now people have to say that this version runs at 45 FPS and that version runs at 47 FPS so even though you want the version that runs at 45 FPS you need to get the 47 FPS version because it's better. How about you let me enjoy the game on my platform of choice? I have both 360 and PS3. What's the harm to you if I want to play it on PS3?

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Really now?

Sounds like you want me to trust NeoGAF, who almost all unanimously say to skip the collection altogether. I'm not doing that. They even flip-flop on their own opinions.
"Oh the PS2 version has constant slowdown so anything in the PS3 version is an improvement. Wait the PS3 version has slowdown in one scene? PRE-ORDER CANCELLED I HATE KONAMI I HATE KOJIMA I HATE PS3 I HATE SONY"
That is NeoGAF for you.

This is what I find funny. It's a better port because it runs a few frames faster in a few scenes? What about the other 95% of the game? Like I said any real tester will tell you that this isn't a good test. One sweep of a scene doesn't make for good results. You need multiple tests with the same variables.
Instead they showed off one play through of 2 scenes, and some screenshot comparisons which look the same. Hardly anything to throw your hands up in the air about and say one version is better than the other or that the collection as a whole is bad.

This isn't a PS3 vs 360 debate for me. It's a Why can't I enjoy the game vs Why does this guy not want me to enjoy the game debate.

What happened to the days when people could just enjoy games? Now people have to say that this version runs at 45 FPS and that version runs at 47 FPS so even though you want the version that runs at 45 FPS you need to get the 47 FPS version because it's better. How about you let me enjoy the game on my platform of choice? I have both 360 and PS3. What's the harm to you if I want to play it on PS3?[/QUOTE]

*Australian Accent* And here we have the elusive creature known as reason and logic, thought to be nonexistent in the hostile environment of the internet. Quite the creature, ain't it? Very few have ever been seen in the wild

Imperfect people demanding perfection. Once you jump into a discussion they want to tear you limb from limb. :drool: Meanwhile when developers do address the demands of players, they still find something to bitch about. Its just a port, not a remake.

Why are you even making these defensive assumptions Urahara? He's not telling you to not get the game, nor did he say anything about the game's quality, and besides what makes you think they DIDN'T test the rest of the game? They wouldn't make a 5 hour long video displaying every scene to judge ho it runs compared to everything.

Sage's just saying that there are sources to prove that the 360 version seems to run better than the PS3 version. That's ALL he's saying, and it's pretty objective.

I don't get the hostility toward NeoGAF either or the users here.

It's just information.

Beyond3D made the framerate analysis and comparisons and they didn't just play one scene and call it a day. They play multiple times, get good test areas, compile data, etc.
They've been doing this for years and are quite respected.

It's good info for people with both platforms who want to make the more informed purchase.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Why are you even making these defensive assumptions Urahara? He's not telling you to not get the game, nor did he say anything about the game's quality, and besides what makes you think they DIDN'T test the rest of the game? They wouldn't make a 5 hour long video displaying every scene to judge ho it runs compared to everything.

Sage's just saying that there are sources to prove that the 360 version seems to run better than the PS3 version. That's ALL he's saying, and it's pretty objective.[/QUOTE]

I believe Urahara is giving a counter argument. The information shows a scene with slightly better frame rate and claim it's huge. This reminds me a lot of the people always looking for the "better" version, which lead to sites like Lens of Truth coming into play. In the end, I believe he's just reminding people that the site tends to be filled with neurotic people (be it true or not), who try to find the silliest reasons to dislike the game. Like people here canceling orders because the CE didn't go out of stock... or others claiming they won't buy All Stars over Crash not being there.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Why are you even making these defensive assumptions Urahara? He's not telling you to not get the game, nor did he say anything about the game's quality, and besides what makes you think they DIDN'T test the rest of the game? They wouldn't make a 5 hour long video displaying every scene to judge ho it runs compared to everything.

Sage's just saying that there are sources to prove that the 360 version seems to run better than the PS3 version. That's ALL he's saying, and it's pretty objective.[/QUOTE]

Let me do a rundown for you.

- I'm not saying they should compare every damn scene in the game. I'm saying they should 1) Show the same scene through a few trials to see if results are consistent which they should do anyway and 2) Show some other scenes, like the train scene or some of the big boss battles, i.e. things that people have been reporting run BETTER on PS3. Instead all we see if the beginning over and over in every video. It's like a child sits down and doesn't like a game in the first 5 minutes so they bitch and moan, but if they continued they would actually like it. Everyone is basing it off of the beginning.

- If they did test the rest they didn't show it. All we have to go off of is what little footage they show. I keep hearing reports of people saying they've seen certain sections run really well but the site didn't bother to include those now did they?

- Sage told me to trust NeoGAF. NeoGAF has almost widespread hate over this collection. I don't like people who nitpick over FPS and the like. I play games because they are fun, not because they run 60 FPS and that makes NeoGAF happy. I'm not trusting them with anything and I never have. I play what I like no matter what they say. If you base what to play/buy off of NeoGAF then you have a sad life.

- He only posted that info in an attempt to sway me away from the PS3 version. Why? Why is that such a concern to people? Why does someone else buying a product you don't want or disapprove of cause such widespread panic and hate? If someone here decides to buy the 360 version or skip the collection then that is their choice. I don't think it's cool to try to sway someone's course of action just because you don't approve. I'm free to choose the PS3 version, the 360 version, or skip the collection. I choose the PS3 version because I want the collection and I prefer the PS3 controller.

- I don't care about FPS. Don't show me FPS comparisons.

[quote name='admiralvic']I believe Urahara is giving a counter argument. The information shows a scene with slightly better frame rate and claim it's huge. This reminds me a lot of the people always looking for the "better" version, which lead to sites like Lens of Truth coming into play. In the end, I believe he's just reminding people that the site tends to be filled with neurotic people (be it true or not), who try to find the silliest reasons to dislike the game. Like people here canceling orders because the CE didn't go out of stock... or others claiming they won't buy All Stars over Crash not being there.[/QUOTE]
This.

"Diplomacy is great when it works, but difficult when everyone already perceives you as a threat"

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Not even close to what I'm talking about DarkSage. My problem is that if you don't like the collection/games/whatever, that is YOUR choice. From what I've seen the game runs fine. If it is especially bad after I PERSONALLY play it then I'll deal with it from there.

But that being said it's all my opinion. If you want to listen to NeoGAF or whoever and skip the collection then do so by all means. I just hate it when someone tries to enjoy something and someone else tries to ruin their enjoyment by cramming comparisons and such down their throat in an attempt to get them not to buy it. It's my choice. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

Dude, why you mad?

Personally I was looking forward to the HD Collection because I thought they would make the games close to perfect (HD res, consistent smooth framerate). This HD collection can't even do consistent 30 FPS. It's a shame. I generally don't like the business of HD re-releases but when they do come out, they better be well damn worth it over the originals.

For people who haven't played these games, it's not so much an issue but I think they should know what their options are

Even as a framerate purist when it comes to competitive play (could only play Counter Strike at a consistent 99.9 FPS), I fail to see the issue here. People stressing about a 10-15 frame disparity between versions of a single player and recreational game -- I can't even begin to relate to that. But maybe there's a professional ZoE underground scene that I haven't heard of?

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I barely notice the difference, I'll stick to the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

That's how it is for all these bullshit comparisons. I think it was Red Dead where the grass looked "better" on the 360 so that was the better port. Really? People give a shit about the grass? These comparisons are always over some miniscule differences that are barely even noticeable if you just play the game.

After all the argument I realize it doesn't matter which version I get since I will buy a regular edition of the other when I can get it on the cheap. I'll stick with a PS3 LE.

Lens of truth is the site that won't even calibrate colors for PS3 on their TV because its supposed to be an "out of the box" comparison, right? They also tried to argue that they shouldn't use HDMI, because 360 came with one in the box for the first year, and PS3 didn't.

I don't generally latch on to fanboy sites comparisons personally. Even digital foundry is less fanboyish than LOT, and that's saying something.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That's how it is for all these bullshit comparisons. I think it was Red Dead where the grass looked "better" on the 360 so that was the better port. Really? People give a shit about the grass? These comparisons are always over some miniscule differences that are barely even noticeable if you just play the game.[/QUOTE]

fucking yeah people give a shit about the grass! ;)

Actually, did you ever get the chance to play both versions? I owned both (Undead Nightmare for PS3 online, and RDR Vanilla for 360), and I can say with no doubt in my mind the 360 version was indeed phenomenally better looking. Everything related to the foliage was thicker (trees, brush, grass), the textures were crisper (and at better distances), and the game was significantly sharper looking all around. Digital Foundry's comparison was spot on with what they showed, and while the ps3 version is no dog by any means, the 360 version was overall the better looking game.

[quote name='Wario64']Dude, why you mad?

Personally I was looking forward to the HD Collection because I thought they would make the games close to perfect (HD res, consistent smooth framerate). This HD collection can't even do consistent 30 FPS. It's a shame. I generally don't like the business of HD re-releases but when they do come out, they better be well damn worth it over the originals.

For people who haven't played these games, it's not so much an issue but I think they should know what their options are[/QUOTE]

You said it, Chewie.

Also, as a general service reminder: Youtube videos are capped at 30fps, so you will not see any meaningful differences in the comparison video linked earlier, other than watching that cute little number in the corner fluctuate.

proving which console is better over fps or anything is a waste of time on this board. 90% of the people here are buying the game to:

1. flip for profit
2. never open and play
3. buy multiple copies for ebay
4. hope it becomes ultra rare
5. only buys sealed collectors editions of games
6. hoard
7. trade in credit to flip at stores for other credit
8. Don't care what game it is also it makes money for them
9. Buy whatever they think platform is more rare or make them money

So in the end arguing about that stuff is pointless here in this thread.

[quote name='DS9']proving which console is better over fps or anything is a waste of time on this board. 90% of the people here are buying the game to:

1. flip for profit
2. never open and play
6. hoard

So in the end arguing about that stuff is pointless here in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Ugh I may not be buying the limited edition version of the game, but I plan to buy the regular version and PLAY it. I dont try to flip video games for profit.

I have better things to do with my time than analyze, examine, and scrutinize which console has the slightly, more insignificantly "better" frame rate. I'll stick with the PS3 pre-order.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']hey good news everyone. My grandma is going to play this. That's how I know its gonna be good.[/QUOTE]

pics of ur grandma?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That's how it is for all these bullshit comparisons. I think it was Red Dead where the grass looked "better" on the 360 so that was the better port. Really? People give a shit about the grass? These comparisons are always over some miniscule differences that are barely even noticeable if you just play the game.[/QUOTE]

You don't own an xbox, do you?

Anyway comparison provides a nice criterion for us multi-console owner to choose the better version, and any sane customer would do to justify the cost to buy something, plus we are on cheapassgamer.com, aren't we? We value the cost more than other blind customers.

At least for me buying something inferior when you know you could buy something superior at the same price and same time makes me uncomfortable.

[quote name='DS9']proving which console is better over fps or anything is a waste of time on this board. 90% of the people here are buying the game to:

1. flip for profit
2. never open and play
6. hoard

So in the end arguing about that stuff is pointless here in this thread.[/QUOTE]

CAG isn't slickdeals, sorry.

Wow just caught up on this thread that was entertaining! I got email overnight saying my PS3 LE copy shipped and is on schedule for tomorrow. As a mech fan who hasn't played the originals I'm seriously excited I believe this is my last game purchase of the year as well nothing coming over the next few months that I really have to have right away. This and MotN will keep me busy for awhile.

I just got off of a conference call with both Jeff Bezos and Hideo Kojima. (I know, right?)

Anyway, Jeff wanted me to let you know that the PS3 version keeps coming back in stock because each of you keep canceling your order. It started with 1 random cancelation, and then the domino effect took place. And Hideo wanted me to let you know that both versions of the game are great and wonderful and that fun will be had by all.

Well it doesn't get much more official then that. Zip this thread up.

Seeing as the new game is coming out on 360 as well. I don't find it that surprising. It just means Kojima isn't doing exclusives anymore.

[quote name='Kaiser499']CAG isn't slickdeals, sorry.[/QUOTE]

While CAG isn't as bad with flipping with Slickdeals, it's not far off from what I see from threads and post.

1. I wouldn't worry about the FPS too much. The games never ran at a full 60 FPS on the PS2, either (though ZOE2 was super smoooth).

2. Who cares which console is better...as long as its not bungled like Silent Hill's HD collection, it's good!

[quote name='plutoknight']
2. Who cares which console is better...as long as its not bungled like Silent Hill's HD collection, it's good![/QUOTE]

People who can afford multiple consoles and want the best version, not the worst.

Seeing lots of PS3 defense going on, so I'd assume the 360 version is better without needing comparisons lol. Ill get it when it drops like every HD collection does so well.

Shame about the PS3 version. Can any ZOE veterans provide insight if the game will play well on the 360 controller? From what I remember playing ZOE 1 all those years ago, it felt so right on on a PS2 pad.

[quote name='dohdough']Got my GS notice this morning. Can't wait![/QUOTE]I got mine yesterday afternoon, with the mention I could pick it up at Midnight. Was confused as to why, but then I saw Assassin's Creed 3 is coming out the same day, so I figured they were doing a midnight release for that & since they're out at the same time, I could pick up my copy of ZoE HD as well.

This isn't comparing Genesis to SNES ports of Lost Vikings, Lemmings, etc. Those were HUGE differences in colors, sounds, details. And even THEN, I went with my favorite console instead of the "best" port. I played those games on both systems, and the "lower" quality didn't even make the game less fun. In fact, I'm not even a fan of "HD" remakes of games. I just want to consolidate as many PS2 games as I can onto one system (trophy support is nice too).

These differences are so slight, I'm sticking with PS3. To me, a low framerate is < 17 FPS. 45 vs 30 is enough to quibble about, but not enough to change platforms. Motion blurring is gross anyway (hate it -- PS3 looks better in that regard).

[quote name='dgwillia006']Hooray for Hurricanes, GS cancelled midnight release, extra 10 hour wait till my AC3 Bundle, ZoE HD, and Rangarok Odyssey[/QUOTE]

Same .. Except mine are from Amazon and Instead of release date delivery I'm down for Nov 1st now

[quote name='UnlockPotential']:cry: Amazon hasn't given me a shipping notice yet.[/QUOTE]

Same, shows as expected to arrive on the 1st so it should ship tomorrow.

Mine is shipping soon but arrives nov 1st. This is after I get a big email a little while back how my order was upgraded to overnight shipping (oct 30) for being a PAID MEMBER OF PRIME...

I've done prime with them for like 3 years now...I am seriously reconsidering when it is time to renew.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Mine is shipping soon but arrives nov 1st. This is after I get a big email a little while back how my order was upgraded to overnight shipping (oct 30) for being a PAID MEMBER OF PRIME...

I've done prime with them for like 3 years now...I am seriously reconsidering when it is time to renew.[/QUOTE]

I got that notice for Under Defeat as well and it wasn't upgraded either.

[quote name='Kendro']Shame about the PS3 version. Can any ZOE veterans provide insight if the game will play well on the 360 controller? From what I remember playing ZOE 1 all those years ago, it felt so right on on a PS2 pad.[/QUOTE]

The game should feel better on the 360 than the PS3 because IMO i like the triggers on the 360 more than the PS3 and should be more comfortable to burst around with.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back