Playstation 3 ($59.99)

Xbox 360 ($59.99)

ZOE_PS3_beauty_shot_55704_screen.jpg

Limited Edition Includes:

- 100 Page Artbook
- Remixed Soundtrack
- Special Gold Metallic Packaging

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HakaHina']Honestly, the only difference that matters to me is controller preference. And in this case, PS3 wins.[/QUOTE]Same here. Looking at the comparison videos, I didn't see enough of a difference to make me change my pre-order from PS3 to 360. I went with PS3 since the series was originally PS2 & for some games, I prefer one system's controller over another.

[quote name='Zonic505']Same here. Looking at the comparison videos, I didn't see enough of a difference to make me change my pre-order from PS3 to 360. I went with PS3 since the series was originally PS2 & for some games, I prefer one system's controller over another.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Im going to get the PS3 Version too.

How long does Newegg's free shipping usually take? It went into processing earlier today.

I'm pretty psyched as I have never played ZoE before but I've always wanted to. I only have a PS3 but I'm expecting to not know the difference.

So much arguing on which version is better. You sure many of you guys that canceled your pre-orders wasn't actually for the fact that this didn't sell out? ;)I still got it for the PS3 since I'd just find it absolutely weird getting it on the 360 when I played the series on the PS2.

Plus, this might seem a little dumb but I've never liked the green XBOX 360 name on top of my CE's, it's looks ugly as hell on the ZoE boxart. I just seriously hope that "Metal Gear Rising Demo Inside!" isn't on the front boxart since I haven't actually seen the actual box yet.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']This is like when people said the PS3 version of Bayonetta was unplayable. Yeah, okay.[/QUOTE]
To be fair though, it kinda was true initially. I bought it for PS3 because at that time my 360 Elite got the RROD.

The loading times were atrocious and the colors were definitely not as vibrant as on the 360. Once they released the patch though, at least the loading times were on par with the 360 version.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']This is like when people said the PS3 version of Bayonetta was unplayable. Yeah, okay.[/QUOTE]

it was crap man, especially compared to its counterpart

[quote name='eXiON']Plus, this might seem a little dumb but I've never liked the green XBOX 360 name on top of my CE's, it's looks ugly as hell on the ZoE boxart. I just seriously hope that "Metal Gear Rising Demo Inside!" isn't on the front boxart since I haven't actually seen the actual box yet.[/QUOTE]

Saw this pic on another site of someone else who bought it sealed. Still sealed but looks like the demo label is a piece of paper that can be removed.

42FDCCE9-7A2C-408E-A41F-F3E77AB7EFF2-3782-00000BD382A05BB5.jpg

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Saw this pic on another site of someone else who bought it sealed. Still sealed but looks like the demo label is a piece of paper that can be removed.

42FDCCE9-7A2C-408E-A41F-F3E77AB7EFF2-3782-00000BD382A05BB5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This looks smaller than the MGS HD CE. it also looks like a soft box rather than a heavy book sleeve. Is the art book soft cover?

[quote name='bojay1997']This looks smaller than the MGS HD CE. it also looks like a soft box rather than a heavy book sleeve. Is the art book soft cover?[/QUOTE]

1) To me this actually looks BIGGER, if not roughly the same size, than the MGS HD LE. I even set it next to my copy of Demon's Souls and it isn't much bigger.

2) It looks like a heavy book sleeve to me. I'm not 100% sure though.

3) I have no idea. If it's anything like the MGS HD LE it is a hardcover. I don't see why it would be softcover.

4) I didn't take the picture and hence don't have a copy yet so I can't confirm any of this. Like I said I saw this on another site.

Side picture
5739F0B6-8E45-400B-A329-B891CDF03727-3782-00000BD5439B3DD6.jpg

Credit goes to http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64463515

[quote name='SolidSnake86']I have better things to do with my time than analyze, examine, and scrutinize which console has the slightly, more insignificantly "better" frame rate. I'll stick with the PS3 pre-order.[/QUOTE]

after i sold my metal gear for $300 and ikaruga for $115 ($29.99 and $9.99 respectively) I changed my mind.

[quote name='Zonic505']Same here. Looking at the comparison videos, I didn't see enough of a difference to make me change my pre-order from PS3 to 360. I went with PS3 since the series was originally PS2 & for some games, I prefer one system's controller over another.[/QUOTE]

+1

Main reason why I pre-ordered on the PS3, I could really care about everything else.

Going to pick up my CE tonight during my local GS's "Midnight Lauch" for AssCreed3. I might as well be honest and say I'm totally one of the people who was/is bummed to find that the 360 version may indeed be the better port (who woulda thunk it?) but decided to stick with the PS3 LE anyways since I figured I can get a regular :360: copy later down the line for cheap.

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']How long does Newegg's free shipping usually take? It went into processing earlier today.

I'm pretty psyched as I have never played ZoE before but I've always wanted to. I only have a PS3 but I'm expecting to not know the difference.[/QUOTE]

it can take a week or longer.. free super saver shipping is basically amazon will send it whenever they feel like it.. I did free super saver shipping for fifa 13 and they didn't even ship it until a week after release, and I had purchased it a month in advance

now if you have prime they will ship it immediately, but if you're not a member you really are treated like you don't matter

[quote name='GBAstar']As of just a few weeks ago they didn't. I doubt it has changed. Either this was classified in the wrong category or you're in for a cancellation. Hopefully it ships though![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vinny']Actually, I just tried to order some games (Halo 4 pre-order and Borderlands 2 PS3) and they let me go all the way to the final confirmation page. Before, I couldn't make it past the shipping address page.[/QUOTE]

Hey gents - just a quick update. My import Amazon UK order of AC3 Join or Die Edition has been dispatched/shipped. So - apparently you can order PS3 games into the US from Amazon UK.

[quote name='blinknot4']Hey gents - just a quick update. My import Amazon UK order of AC3 Join or Die Edition has been dispatched/shipped. So - apparently you can order PS3 games into the US from Amazon UK.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear, thanks for the update. This is definitely new because Amazon.co.uk would not ship games to the US in the past (they would ship books and movies though). But Amazon.de shipped to the NA for the longest time, so I guess the UK site is also doing it now.

That reasoning of FSSS bein shipped whenever is inexcusable to me. If I can buy a readily available item and it be shipped tomorrow with FSSS then why not preorders? Especially since it should be shipped in the order that the order was made. If it isn't shipped by the end of tomorrow I will be sending another angry email... :/

Newegg is doing it right and my Ragnarok Odyssey is already on its way (since about 9 a.m.) and that is free shipping.

That says delivered not processed or shipped. Would be much better if they had a processed status. If they sent it out tomorrow it would be at my house in about a week using whatever slow method they have available.

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']How long does Newegg's free shipping usually take? It went into processing earlier today.[/QUOTE]
I usually always get shipping confirmation a day after paying. Newegg has generally been fast for me, taking between 3-5 days max. I ordered Uncharted 3 GOTY a few weeks back and received it before release date.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Saw this pic on another site of someone else who bought it sealed. [/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting those pics Urahara, that box is actually nicer looking than I thought it would be. I figured it would be a bright yellow. Yeah that MGR:R definitely looks like just a small insert. Can't wait to get mine now :bouncy:.

[quote name='eXiON']I usually always get shipping confirmation a day after paying. Newegg has generally been fast for me, taking between 3-5 days max. I ordered Uncharted 3 GOTY a few weeks back and received it before release date.

Thanks for posting those pics Urahara, that box is actually nicer looking than I thought it would be. I figured it would be a bright yellow. Yeah that MGR:R definitely looks like just a small insert. Can't wait to get mine now :bouncy:.[/QUOTE]

The MGR: R insert is definitely just an insert. No worries.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']guys, read the fine print about fsss: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_527692_fineprint?nodeId=527692#fineprint

Select Super Saver Shipping as your shipping speed. Your order will be delivered within 5-8 business days after all of your items are available to ship (including pre-order items).

so they could ship it up to one week later with overnight shipping. if you want your stuff quicker, dont choose fsss[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I did the fsss when I bought the Record of Agarest War 2 LE and when it was going to take them almost 2 weeks to send it to me, I called them and paid for the shipping. If you can't wait, it's worth the $$.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']I have Amazon Prime, so maybe that could be why...I'm seeing a lot of people saying theirs hasn't shipped. It's odd.[/QUOTE]

It's highly possible it's because of Hurricane Sandy. =/ Mine hasn't even switched to Shipping Soon.

[quote name='bojay1997']Wow, just saw this unboxing and I am extremely disappointed. Not only is it a softcover and thin art book, but the box is really just a slip cover over a flimsy cardboard box. What a joke.[/QUOTE]

Truthfully that's not too bad. Especially when you consider MGS HD LE has a flimsy cardboard shell to it. I wish the artbook had been hardcover and had more content but for $60 this is still very nice IMO.

[quote name='ZeroUnderOne']I would greatly appreciate a metal gear rising demo code if anyone had a spare they won't use.[/QUOTE]

Then you better ask someone who bought the Japanese version.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']amazon plz dont ship these in bubble mailers[/QUOTE]

They won't - too big.

Damn, that looks awesome. Haters gonna hate tho.

[quote name='admiralvic']Thanks for the video, canceled my preorder over it.[/QUOTE]
I just canceled my pre-order after reading your comment.

Just kidding.

[quote name='admiralvic']Thanks for the video, canceled my preorder over it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, a bit lame. Don't blame you.
I still like the gold reflective foil all over the place though.

The video got me more excited for the LE. Sure a hardcover would have been nice and I wish it came in an exclusive steelbook but, hell, I'm surprised this HD Collection even received any kind of LE. So I'm thankful we at least got this.

Um that video of the LE is amazing...Better than the Metal Gear one imho. I was really disappointed with the MGS one. This one feels more complete and the presentation is better. the MGS one had a throwaway white cardboard box holding a vanilla copy of the game, it was dumb. At least this one has some style to it with the soundtrack and the nice reflective colors.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Um that video of the LE is amazing...Better than the Metal Gear one imho. I was really disappointed with the MGS one. This one feels more complete and the presentation is better. the MGS one had a throwaway white cardboard box holding a vanilla copy of the game, it was dumb. At least this one has some style to it with the soundtrack and the nice reflective colors.[/QUOTE]

This one has a throwaway black cardboard box holding a vanilla copy of the game and a sleeve with the soundtrack.

I'm slightly disapointed because my art book is damaged on the corner even though my box is perfectly fine. all in all, I wish i kept my $30 preorder on newegg. Maybe I'm just sad because my artbook was damaged.

[quote name='atreyu25']This one has a throwaway black cardboard box holding a vanilla copy of the game and a sleeve with the soundtrack.

I'm slightly disapointed because my art book is damaged on the corner even though my box is perfectly fine. all in all, I wish i kept my $30 preorder on newegg. Maybe I'm just sad because my artbook was damaged.[/QUOTE]

The artwork on the box is stunning, I don't know why you would want to throw it away.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']The artwork on the box is stunning, I don't know why you would want to throw it away.[/QUOTE]

The cover is a sleeve, they were talking about the inside, which is just black cardboard.

Yeah a bit lackluster not so torn up I didn't get my hands on one now, but still not too bad for an extra 20 bucks/ the price of a regular game, but yeah nothing like I expected. Most I'd get out of this is putting that gorgeous sleeve cover on display.

Wow this things package is light as hell. Its purty, and the bonus dbl-sided poster that GS threw in is nice, however.

From the looks of that unboxing video, the artbook is standard 4-5 issue graphic novel size (single TPB volume of Walking Dead or New Avengers, for example). Can't speak from experience just yet, since my copy is still wrapped in plastic for the time being. Going to stay that way until I can work out any possible buyers remorse.

Still....damn pretty to look at.

Do LEs get the gamestop poster? Also pics of the GameStop poster? Last minute canceled amazon ps3 version an ordered GameStop Xbox version yesterday...I thought I was pre ordering on the right system last month, you would think right? Oh we'll I have never played these games so the controller preference shouldn't bother me.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I pre-ordered my LE, it sounded like I'd get the poster as well (I mentioned it was why I came in to pre-order over Amazon). Plus I recall the poster was shown on the website with both the regular and limited editions.

They JUST put it up on the site about a week ago (real late to do so, I think). It's a double sided poster, one side with ZoE HD, the other MGR. You get it for pre-ordering from GameStop.

201327_bonusLG.jpg

bread's done
Back