ZUNE and your X360 - ZUNE HD Now in 64GB - Latest Update Now Supports AVI/XviD

[quote name='bmachine']Might have to checkout the CC liquidation for a discount 120GB. Space is getting tight on my 80![/quote]

10% off is better than nothing. Unless your sales tax is above 5% like 8% then it is not worth it. I got the last one because I knew it would be bought by someone within hours. So far so good.

When downloading podcasts, how do you get them to download one at a time rather than all at once? It seriously slows down my comp with all the downloading going on. It's annoying because every time I plug my Zune in to charge I have another group of downloads going.

[quote name='Blackout']When downloading podcasts, how do you get them to download one at a time rather than all at once? It seriously slows down my comp with all the downloading going on. It's annoying because every time I plug my Zune in to charge I have another group of downloads going.[/QUOTE]

Open up your zune software even on the days that you aren't plugging in your zune.

[quote name='hufferstl']Open up your zune software even on the days that you aren't plugging in your zune.[/quote]
Agreed. This is pretty much the best way to go at the moment.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Agreed. This is pretty much the best way to go at the moment.[/quote]

So I can't choose the option to download one a time? Lame.

[quote name='Blackout']So I can't choose the option to download one a time? Lame.[/quote]
You can choose to have the Zune software download a certain number of episodes for each show, but you can't limit how many downloads it does at once, though.

[quote name='Richlough']How about don't subscribe to them ?[/quote]

Or they could have what I would think is a basic feature for downloads. I guess that's too much to ask.

Thanks guys, I finally got a movie converted and playable on the Zune :bouncy:. It was the family guy star wars episode. The quality was quite good actually. Once I figure out how to strip the protection from a VOB, I will be able to convert other movies.

Thanks again!

[quote name='ITDEFX']Thanks guys, I finally got a movie converted and playable on the Zune :bouncy:. It was the family guy star wars episode. The quality was quite good actually. Once I figure out how to strip the protection from a VOB, I will be able to convert other movies.

Thanks again![/QUOTE]

I guess maybe that's why I can't add my converted movies on my Zune on to my new computer . Ugh .

[quote name='Richlough']I guess maybe that's why I can't add my converted movies on my Zune on to my new computer . Ugh .[/quote]

What's strange is what caused me to rip the movie using DVD decrypter was because the *digital file copy* didn't work at all :bomb:.

Digital copies don't work on the Zune, unfortunately.

Really debating upgrading to the 120GB again. I'm going to have about an hour commute, but can't think of any good reason why I should. Not like I can watch movies while I drive.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Digital copies don't work on the Zune, unfortunately.

Really debating upgrading to the 120GB again. I'm going to have about an hour commute, but can't think of any good reason why I should. Not like I can watch movies while I drive.[/quote]

Great :(

Guess I have to rip it the old fashion way.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Where are you guys getting your accessories from?!?!?!

Damn 60 bucks for a docking station with video out.[/quote]

You can get a few of your cables from monoprice. You might want to check your TRU for the AV kit. I picked mine up on clearance for about $40.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You can get a few of your cables from monoprice. You might want to check your TRU for the AV kit. I picked mine up on clearance for about $40.[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI , I bought a 'synch' cable from Amazon and it turned out to only be a USB charge cable .

[quote name='Richlough']Just an FYI , I bought a 'synch' cable from Amazon and it turned out to only be a USB charge cable .[/quote]

Get them from monoprice.com I got 2 there for like $2 each and they work like a charm.

I picked up another AV dock from TRU for 40. It says it works with the 80gb vs the one that works with the 120. Tempted to repack and return the AV dock to BB that I bought the other day for 50ish. Having a wall plug would be nice instead of to the computer from time to time. Quite suprised at the Wall plug was actually a USB adapter... Can that thing work for any USB device?(Safe?) I really wonder if it's worth having it docked or just plugged via cable. I am going to test the a/v out soon. The case is ok, can be a pain in the ass. Thinking of getting that plastic clear case from target.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I picked up another AV dock from TRU for 40. It says it works with the 80gb vs the one that works with the 120. Tempted to repack and return the AV dock to BB that I bought the other day for 50ish. Having a wall plug would be nice instead of to the computer from time to time. Quite suprised at the Wall plug was actually a USB adapter... Can that thing work for any USB device?(Safe?) I really wonder if it's worth having it docked or just plugged via cable. I am going to test the a/v out soon. The case is ok, can be a pain in the ass. Thinking of getting that plastic clear case from target.[/quote]
I've used the zune wall plug to charge my cell phone.

FYI if you're wanting to get someone a Zune for a present or looking to buy one, if your Gamestop B&M still has them in stock, they are clearing out the 30GB Zunes for $100. That's all the colors including the Halo 3 one.

There's a thread in the Other Deals forum about it with the codes so your Gamestop can look up stock for other area stores.

Does the Zune count "unknown album" plays toward your total? When I click on my social on the Zune software some songs are in grey. I can't tell if they go towards the count or not because they don't show up on the Zune card (like a blank album cover or something).

[quote name='GamerMan97']can anyone link me to some of the cheapest zune portable speakers?[/QUOTE]

I picked up some generic portable speakers last Christmas from Target, one of those red box stocking stuffers. The quality of the speakers was surprisingly good, and the Zune fits excellent in the holder. Just something to keep an eye out for. Takes AA batteries (I think). Was an excellent choice when my girls were younger and needed their music on the road.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I picked up some generic portable speakers last Christmas from Target, one of those red box stocking stuffers. The quality of the speakers was surprisingly good, and the Zune fits excellent in the holder. Just something to keep an eye out for. Takes AA batteries (I think). Was an excellent choice when my girls were younger and needed their music on the road.[/quote]
how much did they cost?
btw.. GO STEELERS!

[quote name='Blackout']Does the Zune count "unknown album" plays toward your total? When I click on my social on the Zune software some songs are in grey. I can't tell if they go towards the count or not because they don't show up on the Zune card (like a blank album cover or something).[/QUOTE]

I know podcasts and songs played via the 360 [Zune plugged in the 360] do not count .
I've had blank pics show up in my card for songs that I added to an album [B-Sides] before .

Hmm...

When I ripped/added the Batman: The Animated Series soundtrack cds to it, Zune gave it the Mask of the Phantasm artwork :whistle2:?, but I can fix that.

However I have noticed that it duplicated tracks on another album that I created on my zune but doesn't show it on my collection. Is there anyway to manually delete the duplicate tracks from the ZUNE? Also why the hell does the zune distort album artwork? Is it poorly scaling down anything higher than 240x320?

If there's any cheapass-STP fans here, you can get Scott Weiland's new solo CD from Amazon MP3 for $1.99 right now. Click here for it.

51H%2B9nae7bL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Hmm. From what I heard on the Stern show, I don't care for it. But I do love STP and Velvet Revolver so perhaps I'll give it a go. If not for the music, then just to support good deals on mp3 albums.

[quote name='Maklershed']Hmm. From what I heard on the Stern show, I don't care for it. But I do love STP and Velvet Revolver so perhaps I'll give it a go. If not for the music, then just to support good deals on mp3 albums.[/quote]

It's not completely awesome, but there's definitely some good stuff on it. I didn't want it for $10, but $2 is just right.

They've also got The Bird and the Bee's new CD, Ray Guns are Not Just the Future, on sale for $3.99.

For the uninitiated, they're a female fronted indie-electro duo...sort of in the vein of Freezepop, Peter Bjorn and John, or even a poppier Postal Service.

Randy like. ;)

51SWrLI7aVL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thrustbucket']Scott was out of Rehab long enough to make an album? Wow..[/QUOTE]

It has to be better than what is supposedly "Guns N' Roses" .

Okay I know someone in this thread can help me....

I had to send my Zune off to Microsoft due to it having a few issues - namely the firmware would erase whenever I would use any wall adaptor (rather it be the MS one or the Monoprice one). Yet oddly it charges and such fine thru my PC. Plus the battery life has been up and down - sometimes after a full it'll go an hour then claims to be nearly dead yet other times it can go a few days with no issues. :joystick:

Anyways once the Zune gets to Microsoft how long does it typically take for them either to repair or replace it? Hopefully its not too long as I miss using my Zune. Going back to my Creative Labs Microphoto 8 gig just feels very odd with far less space to store my tunes on along with the smaller (and dimmer lit) screen.

[quote name='Demolition Man']
Anyways once the Zune gets to Microsoft how long does it typically take for them either to repair or replace it? Hopefully its not too long as I miss using my Zune. [/quote]

I just had to send my Zune 80 in. It took them about 3 days to get me the box then once I shipped it back to them they had it next day, they shipped the replacement/fixed on out the day after they got it. Shipping it back has taken about a week, scheduled to get it tomorrow based on my FedEx tracking number.

So, total about 2 business weeks.

bread's done
Back