Black 360 is in Game Crazy POS

:hot:

$80 More for 100GB and a new color? Not a bad deal if you ask me, yet I wonder how the hell somebody would be able to fill that entire amount of space. :whistle2:k

If this is indeed true I will be cashing in on my best buy replacement plan. I bought my 360 at zerohour so it expires this November. If this date is correct it will be perfect timing.

I don't think MS would go through the trouble of a whole new SKU for a 360 unless it DID have HDMI. The whole point of releasing a new 360 SKU would be for people more media/storage minded (IPTV, lots of HD video downloads etc)

I don't think $80 more for HDMI and 100 gigs more storage is a bad price at all.

[quote name='ryan838']If this is indeed true I will be cashing in on my best buy replacement plan. I bought my 360 at zerohour so it expires this November. If this date is correct it will be perfect timing.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't they just give you another white premium 360?

[quote name='hootie']:hot:

$80 More for 100GB and a new color? Not a bad deal if you ask me, yet I wonder how the hell somebody would be able to fill that entire amount of space. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Well you need at least that much space if they are going to offer IP TV and want people to download movies and tv programs.

I'm looking forward to seeing if this is true, so propellor_head can shut the fuck up about his prophecies about this releasing for $400.

well its probably true, stores are usually pretty good about leaking stuff this way. ill probably hang on to the one i have as i dont see a need for the bigger HD. but eventually ill have to get that one.

they probably will eliminate the core system when this comes out.

[quote name='Indiana']Wouldn't they just give you another white premium 360?[/quote]
Nope, they even tell you when you purchase the plan that you can use the credit towards a different console.

don't you guys know that a black 360 is a debug kit?debugs come with a bigger hard drive.my best friend got one and he can previewmarket place stuff before it comes out. check cheapys debug video for proof.

$450 seems like a more appropriate price. GameCrazy(and other stores) often put placeholder prices on things before they're officially priced, and they're more often than not much higher than the actual price.

I believe the 360 and ps3 were listed in GameCrazy's system at $600 or $1000 or something before their prices were announced, since a placeholder price is necessary and it's better to put it higher than lower in case some register monkey quotes a customer that price.

[quote name='super d']don't you guys know that a black 360 is a debug kit?debugs come with a bigger hard drive.my best friend got one and he can previewmarket place stuff before it comes out. check cheapys debug video for proof.[/QUOTE]
dont super d know that thar is rumorz of a consumer black xbox 360 with 120GB harddrive.

Releasing in May for only $20 less than a PS3? Seems like a strange strategy if that date and price are anywhere near correct.

They'd basically be trying to sell a larger hard drive which most people wouldn't use for $80 more than the standard console. Most consumers wouldn't know the difference in hard drive size, but many may notice that the PS3 plays blu-ray for only $20 more.

The price seems rather steep to me.

[quote name='shipwreck']Releasing in May for only $20 less than a PS3? Seems like a strange strategy if that date and price are anywhere near correct.

They'd basically be trying to sell a larger hard drive which most people wouldn't use for $80 more than the standard console. Most consumers wouldn't know the difference in hard drive size, but many may notice that the PS3 plays blu-ray for only $20 more.

The price seems rather steep to me.[/QUOTE]
So true!!

[quote name='M1C13']I got a strange price update today... GM-XBOX 360 (black/ 120GB) $479.99 NEW $439.99 USED. Also the release date is listed as 5/1/2007.

I don't know if GameCrazy is just jumping on the rumor bandwagon or if they have inside information. This also means that you can preorder one since it has a release date and a price. To preorder a system is $50.00.

Call your local Game Crazy for more info. 513 825 1884 is my store ask for mike.[/QUOTE]

Holy fuck! I'm in. I just bought a 360 at Costco tonight but I was disappointed that it turned out to be a Sept 14th model (and thus no chance of the newer quiet drive). If this is the case I can definitely wait until May 1st. And I had better preorder since I'm sure they will be as hard to find for a while as the Wii is now ;).

I have no problem with that price if it has the much bigger HD, the quiet DVD drive, and the 65 nm processor. I don't even care about HDMI, but it would be nice to be future-proofed (my HDTV does have a DVI input so I suppose I could use that).

I assume there will be new black controllers to go with it? Are those in the system? I guess the old ones will still work with it though (I can burn some of my remaining GR credit on an extra controller).

I think I will pre-order the used 360 for $439.99. I can't wait to get it! :lol:

The pricing seems kinda odd, maybe this will come with HDMI cables, an extra wireless controller and a game? That would make sense.

Just called my Gamecrazy - they have nothing in the system but the regular premium and core systems. They haven't ever heard of a black one and probably think I'm crazy now :roll:.

OP, if you can get a SKU or some way in which they could look it up in the computer that would be helpful. I have no idea how their system works but maybe they just aren't looking in the right place. Or maybe it hasn't propagated to all stores yet?

[quote name='io']Just called my Gamecrazy - they have nothing in the system but the regular premium and core systems. They haven't ever heard of a black one and probably think I'm crazy now :roll:.

OP, if you can get a SKU or some way in which they could look it up in the computer that would be helpful. I have no idea how their system works but maybe they just aren't looking in the right place. Or maybe it hasn't propagated to all stores yet?[/quote]

they just think you are gamecrazy

[quote name='shipwreck']Releasing in May for only $20 less than a PS3? Seems like a strange strategy if that date and price are anywhere near correct.

The price seems rather steep to me.[/QUOTE]

If most consumers don't care about a larger harddrive, why is the 60gb PS3 far more popular than the 20gb one? I know the 60gb PS3 has other features (built-in wi-fi and card reader), but the bigger harddrive is easily the biggest feature.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']If most consumers don't care about a larger harddrive, why is the 60gb PS3 far more popular than the 20gb one? I know the 60gb PS3 has other features (built-in wi-fi and card reader), but the bigger harddrive is easily the biggest feature.[/QUOTE]

Sony loses less money on the 60 gig so they are much easier to find than the 20 gigs. If the 20 gig was less scarce than it currently is, I don't the 60 gig would be moving as many units as it currently is.

I checked the computers and found nothing on a Black Xbox 360. We don't look systems/games up by SKU, just the name. Something I found a little odd is there is a "GM- Xbox System (Defective)..........New/ 0.00....Used/ 0.00" in the system now. I have noticed that before and the other systems don't have "Defective" options. Normally, in the past when something goes $0.00 then that's a way of corporate telling us, "don't touch this yet." For example: The Halo 3 legendary is 0.00 so that we can't take preorders on it anymore. You need a minimum of 5 bucks to preorder, but the total dollar can't be higher than the price listed in the computer. So, if they list the price in the computer anywhere between $0.00 - $4.99 we can't take a preorder for it. Also (back on track to the black 360), the fact the list it for $0.00 means they don't want us to take any reservations on it & since they have the word "defective" tagged to it means they might be holding some type of secret that they don't want anybody to know.
Now, I'm just guessing... does this make any sense to any other Game Crazy employees. Maybe you noticed the defective Xboxes listed a long time ago & I'm just crazy......but that is my 2 cents.....

The price seems rather steep to me.[/quote]

Although I agree with you on the HDD, I'm totally sold on this if its got HDMI.

if it has an hdmi output i am sold

i wonder if this has anything to do with tivo having an online download service for movies...they just announced it recently.since most tivos are 80gb and they have some other perks msft currently doesn't offer, granted tivo isn't readily available with hd content. Nelson, one of the planetxbox360 podcast host, said he was a beta for the tivo service and he said that it ended a little while ago and will be available to the public very shortly

I got the best buy service plan, but i didn't realize they will let you use it as credit towards another system unless there was a deffect? I hope I am wrong, but it just doesn't make sense for best buy to offer that service unless so few take care of it.

I don't care about the harddrive space, color, or processor, but if they release an HDMI out I'm going to be irritated.

interesting, but useless. who the hell needs 100gb on a game console? especially one that streams movies, music, and recognizes MP3 players :dunce:

and if they announce a surprise-- like if it has an HD-DVD drive and HDMI...that would be pretty lame.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']If most consumers don't care about a larger harddrive, why is the 60gb PS3 far more popular than the 20gb one? I know the 60gb PS3 has other features (built-in wi-fi and card reader), but the bigger harddrive is easily the biggest feature.[/QUOTE]

I'll pay you $1200 if you see a 20gb PS3 on a shelf for more than 5 minutes.

okay, no, but it seems like the 60gb systems are everywhere and 20gb are gone.

I like my 360 in white as it doesn't show dust that well. Only way I'm buying another and selling my old one is if a new comes with everything thats been rumored; 65nm, HDMI, and quite drive.

At first glance at the thread title, I thought you were referring to the Criterion FPS, haha...

As someone already mentioned, if this new version contains suprises (ie HD-DVD drive) I would be sorely dissapointed in MS. But 120GB, new color and HDMI (supported by my TV) would be passable at $429.99, with the not-as premium at $349.99. I purchased a launch 360 without any problems until recently (cannot play Viva Pinata for more than 15min without a freeze) and would be tempted to replace.

Also, how far off are the dual format DVD players? (that would be a REAL suprise)

[quote name='Apossum']interesting, but useless. who the hell needs 100gb on a game console? [/QUOTE]

If this new black 360 really does exist, it isn't being marketed as just a game console, it would be marketed as a gateway device into iptv/dvr/video download service center of your living room. The current 360, with only 20 gigs, mostly fails at that.

Most of you, for some reason, seem to think this black one would be replacing the current model. They are aimed at two different markets.

White model = Cheaper, mostly for games, can do other stuff but not as well as the black one.

Black model = Great for Video Marketplace and IPTV. Is also a game console.

I have no idea what you people are even talking about. 120gb is FAR too small in my opinion. With HD 1 hour episodes being around 2 gigs, 120 is nothing. I could use that up in a week, tops. I was hoping for at least 250. Oh well.

[quote name='PagingDrUgly']At first glance at the thread title, I thought you were referring to the Criterion FPS, haha...

As someone already mentioned, if this new version contains suprises (ie HD-DVD drive) I would be sorely dissapointed in MS. But 120GB, new color and HDMI (supported by my TV) would be passable at $429.99, with the not-as premium at $349.99. I purchased a launch 360 without any problems until recently (cannot play Viva Pinata for more than 15min without a freeze) and would be tempted to replace.

Also, how far off are the dual format DVD players? (that would be a REAL suprise)[/QUOTE]

$429.99 for a bigger hard drive? Okay, especially with a $349.99 price for the premium. $479.99? That's backpeddaling and pretty much giving away a major advantage. I don't buy it.

Why would he put his name and number in the OP, I bet one of his friends did this when he went to the bathroom.

I mean, he posts his name and number but no SKU? Whatsupwiththat?

[quote name='JimmieMac']Why would he put his name and number in the OP, I bet one of his friends did this when he went to the bathroom.

I mean, he posts his name and number but no SKU? Whatsupwiththat?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate to doubt him because he's a long-time CAG, but that is a bit strange.

We keep coming so *close* to getting info about this alleged new 360 but nothing conclusive:

1) The Australian retailer rumor (new black 360 to compete with PS3 launch)
2) The guy on the xbox forums who claims his friend got one as a replacement :rofl:
3) This thread
4) Various other internet rumblings...

Confusing all of this is the existence of the black dev kits (and every picture of the supposed new model so far has actually been of the old dev kit). But on the flip side, I think people dismiss this TOO quickly because of the dev kits. Of course it is in MS's best interests to keep this under wraps for as long as possible so fools like me will buy the current model and not wait ;). That is the only reason I'm keeping close tabs on this. Well, in any case, we'll know about the Australian one soon enough if they really plan to push it out there in late March.

[quote name='io']Or maybe it hasn't propagated to all stores yet?[/quote]

If it's in one computer, it's in all of them.

[quote name='ctice44']I checked the computers and found nothing on a Black Xbox 360. We don't look systems/games up by SKU, just the name. Something I found a little odd is there is a "GM- Xbox System (Defective)..........New/ 0.00....Used/ 0.00" in the system now. I have noticed that before and the other systems don't have "Defective" options. Normally, in the past when something goes $0.00 then that's a way of corporate telling us, "don't touch this yet." For example: The Halo 3 legendary is 0.00 so that we can't take preorders on it anymore. You need a minimum of 5 bucks to preorder, but the total dollar can't be higher than the price listed in the computer. So, if they list the price in the computer anywhere between $0.00 - $4.99 we can't take a preorder for it. Also (back on track to the black 360), the fact the list it for $0.00 means they don't want us to take any reservations on it & since they have the word "defective" tagged to it means they might be holding some type of secret that they don't want anybody to know.
Now, I'm just guessing... does this make any sense to any other Game Crazy employees. Maybe you noticed the defective Xboxes listed a long time ago & I'm just crazy......but that is my 2 cents.....[/quote]

The only thing that I can think of is that maybe they're finally getting their act together and making it easier to ID defectives instead of it refunding to the item # in stock.. I hate seeing one in the system, telling the customer we have it, only to discover that it's a defective one.

I'll check on the 360 thing tomorrow, maybe it'll come down in the daily download.. maybe not.. who knows.

His account got hijacked while he dropped the Cosby kids off at the pool and his friend typed some shit he heard him talkin' about earlier. End of Story. This shit aint real. If it is real there's no way it happened to him, he read about it on a different site and is trying to pass the news off as his own. You think some douche in Cinici is getting top secret price updates about shit that aint even hit the fan yet? C'mon people. C'mon.

[quote name='mietha']I have no idea what you people are even talking about. 120gb is FAR too small in my opinion. With HD 1 hour episodes being around 2 gigs, 120 is nothing. I could use that up in a week, tops. I was hoping for at least 250. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

How many 2.5 inch 250 gig hard drives do you know of? And if they exist, how cheap are they?

[quote name='Scorch']
I'll check on the 360 thing tomorrow, maybe it'll come down in the daily download.. maybe not.. who knows.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man - I figured I'd go to you for verification at some point. But I knew you'd find this thread on your own sooner or later ;).

If it comes as a "price update" as the OP said, is that different from being in the computer for order? Like is the price update just a printed sheet? (I'm just basing this on seeing printed sheets at GC before where they showed me price adjustments - but presumably those were just printed from the computer).

And Jimmie - I agree, highly unlikely. But these things DO break somewhere first, so it had as much chance here as any other random gaming site.

[quote name='io']If it comes as a "price update" as the OP said, is that different from being in the computer for order? Like is the price update just a printed sheet? (I'm just basing this on seeing printed sheets at GC before where they showed me price adjustments - but presumably those were just printed from the computer).[/quote]

Yeah. Whenever the computers are prepped in the morning to open, it automatically downloads news and price changes. Sometimes they'll put out a hotmail release regarding the system's entry into the POS (like with the PS3, they were like 'okay, guys, the PS3 is in the system, but the price is $0.00 so you won't take preorders on it'). Sometimes it'll show up on the pricing sheet. I can't imagine something like this sneak in. I mean, yeah, GC's computers break news sometimes (GC had Oblivion for PS3 and PSP in the system months before they were announced and there's a entry for 'Riddick HD' that i'm waiting to pan out), but this is huge.. I doubt it's in there.

Hmm... Might entertain this. I like the idea of the IPTV the most. I could "inadvertantly put in a blank disk, have it "accidentally" hit the eye on the driver, take it back to Microcenter, cash in my $400 warrenty money and get the new one. Would be so kick ass to have it in black too. Stupid controllers won't be though. :rolleyes:

[quote name='io']But these things DO break somewhere first, so it had as much chance here as any other random gaming site.[/quote]

But it's on a site other than this, by a guy that isn't him.

Look likeScorch mentioned, if it's in one system it's in all of them and do you think they would update a game stores inventory lists before it leaked out else where?

Alright, here's the deal, we update GameStops price lists, then we send pics out to Artists to get box work done, then to printers to get ads then we hand it over to marketing. Oh and make sure that kid in Cinci gets the update first, we know how happy it will make him to impress his internet friends.

bread's done
Back