• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#61 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:45 PM

I've never heard of corn on a pizza.

It's a normal topping for almost everything here, as is mayonnaise. Mayonnaise is the Japanese ketchup.
Posted Image

#62 JDUB X

JDUB X

CAG 2.0 GET!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:51 PM

LOL - So random in places

Nice Subtitles

That Pizza actually looks really good. I wish American Pizza had Corn and Broccoli as Topping options.
Posted Image

#63 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:45 AM

CheapyD,

Where'd you get the What's your gamerscore? t-shirt? I'm guessing it's a promo that I can't get ahold of, but I thought I'd ask.

T

Edit: Oh, and I have a pizza place across the street that always has a a special on pepperoni, black olive, and sauerkraut pizza. It's quite good, I get it everytime I go over there.

#64 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:50 AM

That pizza looked absolutely disgusting. Corn and broccoli? Not to mention the cheese looked all funky... Also, $15 for that? It was like 3 bites of pizza!

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#65 E*Master

E*Master

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:15 AM

The pizza was probably about $15 after coupon.
There is no tipping in Japan.

I always wanted to move to Japan but that one would tip me over the edge to move there! In Canada if you don't tip 10% the fucking Waitress will come back and slap the change u left her in front of you.
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Wombat's chops, and hating on PETA.

My CAG Blog

#66 E*Master

E*Master

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:17 AM

That pizza looked absolutely disgusting. Corn and broccoli? Not to mention the cheese looked all funky... Also, $15 for that? It was like 3 bites of pizza!

U think that's expensive? Order 2 slices of Pizza Hut in Germany which costs about 7 Euros. The slices are as big as that what Cheapy got from Dominos!
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Wombat's chops, and hating on PETA.

My CAG Blog

#67 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:16 AM

In Canada if you don't tip 10% the fucking Waitress will come back and slap the change u left her in front of you.

And I'd applaud her for it too! I never tipped below 15% in America unless the service was abysmal. Food prices are higher here in Japan anyhow, so it's almost like you're tipping anyways.
Posted Image

#68 JadedJedi

JadedJedi

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:29 AM

Ok Cheapy, I remeber Wombat calling you a "Walking Jewish Stereotype" I think you have proved this otherwise with these lunch with cheapy videos. In both, you eat ham. No I may not know much about Judaism, but I thought pork products are a no-no.
Posted Image Posted Image

#69 letsgetacid

letsgetacid

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:07 AM

Ok Cheapy, I remeber Wombat calling you a "Walking Jewish Stereotype" I think you have proved this otherwise with these lunch with cheapy videos. In both, you eat ham. No I may not know much about Judaism, but I thought pork products are a no-no.

I'm pretty sure he's mentioned he's a nonpracticing Jew (or if he didn't, I came to that conclusion on my own like a jerk). I mean, he's living in Japan. I doubt there's lots of Jewish temples to frequent on the Sabbath.

6pnk7d.jpg

#70 JadedJedi

JadedJedi

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:25 AM

Then Wombat cant really call him a walking stereotype. I was raised Catholic but I don't practice at all. I am nonreligious now .
Posted Image Posted Image

#71 unjust

unjust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:31 AM

Hey Cheapy, I was just curious, how long are you gonna live in Japan for?? Great video BTW ! :applause:
[URL="http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar284259at0wg4.gif"][/URL]

#72 JackFlash666

JackFlash666

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:46 AM

Haha that was so funny - I love the shady spycam you rigged up. Keep doing more of this type of shit!

#73 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:43 PM

I'm still waiting for the CheapyD video where he uses the hidden camera and orders a Thai whore.

#74 Mantooth

Mantooth

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:50 PM

My sister would fit right in!

Once, she gave our local delivery boy a $.50 tip

Your next pizza from that place had the special pube topping after that tip. Pizza delivery people never forget a cheap tip.

#75 supraazn

supraazn

¡ʎɹɐsɹǝʌıƃɐɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:39 PM

$15 bucks is a lot for such a tiny pizza. You can get a small pizza like that here for $5. So even if you paid for delivery+tip it would still be cheaper.

well from what i understand japanese normally eat in smaller portions than americans, hence the fewer sales of wide load bumper stickers if you know what i mean.
i bet if you were born and raise in japan that pizza would look huge to you.

The instant thing that made me laugh was Cheapy had to bend over to look through the peephole, haha you're like a giant there.

and lastly that pizza looked awesome, you guys really shouldnt knock it till you've tried it.

#76 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:27 PM

i bet if you were born and raise in japan that pizza would look huge to you.

No, that was definitely just a small pizza, even by Japan's standards.
Posted Image

#77 Sexbomb

Sexbomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:48 PM

$15 for a medium?

5-5-5 deal that shit up.

#78 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:39 AM

No, that was definitely just a small pizza, even by Japan's standards.

$15 for a small!?

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#79 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:07 AM

How much is a large?

Also, Japan doesnt happen to have some sort of xl sized pizza, something they name a King Kong or maybe Godzilla?

#80 Tympanum

Tympanum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:28 AM

How much is a large?

Also, Japan doesnt happen to have some sort of xl sized pizza, something they name a King Kong or maybe Godzilla?

Aha Godzilla....:D

#81 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:36 AM

How much is a large?

Larges are anywhere from $25 to $35, typically, depending what you get on them. A few friends and I ordered a seafood pizza (shrimp, squid, and scallops - delicious) last week for a party I was throwing, and that was about $35-ish. Pizza is not cheap in Japan! Heck, most food isn't.

No Godzilla pizza that I've found, no. Heh.
Posted Image

#82 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:55 AM

Hmm, interesting, you'd think they would name a pizza size Godzilla >_>

Hey Kirin, how long have you been living in Japan? I believe you're a English teacher, correct? How did that happen?

#83 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:15 AM

Hmm, interesting, you'd think they would name a pizza size Godzilla >_>

Hey Kirin, how long have you been living in Japan? I believe you're a English teacher, correct? How did that happen?

I've only been here for about a month and a half so far, but I'll likely be here for a few more years provided all goes as planned. I am indeed an English teacher, stationed at Ashiya Senior High School (the "Beverly Hills" of Japan, supposedly - I lucked out with my placement), which is about a 15-minute train ride from Osaka City. Things have been awesome so far, and my coworkers and students are pretty cool.

As for getting the job, I applied through the JET Programme, which places college graduates in teaching positions throughout the country. I definitely encourage anyone with an interest in Japan (and those that can handle a serious teaching job) to apply - the pay is great, and the job isn't all that difficult. JET is sponsored by the Japanese government, but there's another program known as NOVA which does something similar, though I've heard they're not quite as prestigious.
Posted Image

#84 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:13 AM

As for getting the job, I applied through the JET Programme, which places college graduates in teaching positions throughout the country. I definitely encourage anyone with an interest in Japan (and those that can handle a serious teaching job) to apply - the pay is great, and the job isn't all that difficult. JET is sponsored by the Japanese government, but there's another program known as NOVA which does something similar, though I've heard they're not quite as prestigious.

Heh, you talking about JET makes me remember all the hijynx I've read about this one guy who did the same thing. It was at www.outpostnine.com / www.gaijinsmash.net if your curious. So Kirin, do you have any crazy or interesting stories to tell us about your students?

And as for the video... I saw that pizza and it did NOT look good. Sure, this is coming from a guy that really doesn't like olives or broccoli, but I can appriciate a good lookin pizza. But watching the video made me remember something I heard a few years back. Are there really vending machines with fresh corn pizza inside in Japan? Also, Cheapy, can you eat that whole pizza in one sitting?

#85 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:43 AM

Heh, you talking about JET makes me remember all the hijynx I've read about this one guy who did the same thing. It was at www.outpostnine.com / www.gaijinsmash.net if your curious. So Kirin, do you have any crazy or interesting stories to tell us about your students?

Nope, nothing too out of the ordinary yet. Though everyone keeps talking about how I look like Harry Potter (brown hair and glasses, basically - oh, and handsome too!), and I'm fairly sure that some of the girls are already planning their weddings to me. I'll be sure to start a thread if something crazy happens, you can count on that.
Posted Image

#86 Xrazor

Xrazor

AmericanPie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:29 PM

I love this video , it cracked me up ( In My Opinion the best part was the Bow Cam) , Cheapy Your so tall! No Offense but the little peep hole is Japan Size...

#87 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:21 PM

Haha , Cheapy I love your Japan videos they're always so well done :) Thanks.

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#88 Moon Jump

Moon Jump

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:59 AM

Cool stuff Cheapy, I just watched the video on YouTube and I've been meaning to subscribe here so I went and did it!

My friend spent a few months in Japan teaching English at NOVA and when he came home he took a menu from a Japanese pizza place. I still can't belive the ammount of weird stuff they put on it.

Being born and raised in New York, I don't think I would even try it.

#89 PocariSweat

PocariSweat

Every Day is Caturday!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:41 AM

I think Cheapy D got an unworthy half-ass bow because I don't think that guy was Japanese. His accent was kind of strange. Maybe a gaijin.
Words create lies. Pain can be trusted.
Posted Image
CML!

#90 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:22 PM

I died laughing watching this again... replaying with the "Bow Cam" was great.