CAG September Pick Up Thread! Show off your Cheap Ass Buys!

V

Virtua

I hope I'm not usurping MarkMan's tradition, but I took a pic for the pick up post and realized it's not august anymore! So let's get some pics and discussion up here.

Try for real photos, not stock stuff or just lists, and talk about any deals or cheap ass prices you paid for the stuff, if possible.

Some of this stuff is august (actually all of it, but i'm posting in sept) but who's keeping track?

STP61042.jpg

Beyond Good and Evil - The gamecube version, the best version, the version I've been on the lookout for for a while. $12 at gamecrazy. Pretty reasonable.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Incredible game, got $5 off with expired coupons at BB.

Bioshock - $40 used at Gamecrazy with 20% off coupon. I'm ready for when I get a new 360.. this thing taunts me everyday I can't play it, though.

Silent Hill 2 Greatest Hits PS2- A good $7 spent at GameCrazy for the best version of this game. Awesome horror title.

MetalStorm- NES - $6. A local store finally had a copy of this game. Very detailed graphics and smooth animation for an NES game. Basically a sidescrolling platformer where you can flip gravity at antyime, making for some creative level design. Plus the name is awesome.

Persona 3- Full price, from PSP/DS trade in bonus credit at EB. We all know how good this game is.

Also:

STP61032.jpg

It's not a game, but got a 6 week old Siberian Husky puppy this week. It's our second husky.

this thread fell on it's face. people would rather post their own threads, I suppose? this always catches on on NeoGAF, you'd think a shopping website would latch onto this concept..

[quote name='jer7583']
Beyond Good and Evil - The gamecube version, the best version, the version I've been on the lookout for for a while. $12 at gamecrazy. Pretty reasonable.
[/quote]

Why is the gamecube versiont he best version?

1001378os6.jpg

Yard sale finds

The PD guide was .25
Excalibur DVD -$1

2 NES systems all hook-ups, 8 controllers 3 guns and 19 games
TOTAL: - $5

[quote name='Punk_Raven']So damned lucky. Eventually I'll check my thrift for that type of stuff.[/quote]

Yard Sales are the way to go - check out the 2007 yard sale thread. There's some serious goods to be had (mostly old school) and at dirt cheap prices

[quote name='snotknocker']Yard Sales are the way to go - check out the 2007 yard sale thread. There's some serious goods to be had (mostly old school) and at dirt cheap prices[/quote]

Amen to that!

Yard sailing finds

Miracle Piano PC Version with manuals, software, and hookups
Breath of fire III - Complete
Breath of fire IV - Complete
Crash Bandicoot 2 - Complete
Crash Bandicoot 3 - Complete
Ridge Racer 4 - Complete

$15.00

Let's all make this a month of deals.

I did forget to post a pic of something I got from a thrift store- A copy of the Dig, an old Lucasarts Adventure game. Maybe I'll get pics up with the next batch of purchases. It was only $4 and was complete with strategy guide.

And about BG&E, the GameCube version was the lead platform and has the best framerate, textures, and controls, IMO. The xbox version had screen tearing and the PS2 one loads slower and worse textures. I am forgetting the PC version, though. With a good gamepad that may be the best.

it was actually last week but heres what i picked up:

hoshigami used for ps1 $20
lumines 1 for $20
rogue galaxy ps2 $14
phantasy star universe 360 $15
madagascar nds for $2
re4 gamestop le edition new $25
skies of arcadia legends ngc new $29
dark cloud 2 new $19
final fantasy 12 le guide $10
f-zero snes new for $9

Technically P3 and Metroid were purchased in August, but Metroid arrived in my mailbox on 9/1, and my Family Video Persona order will likely arrive sometime in the month of September, so this is fairly accurate.

septemberzx0.jpg

LATE AUGUST PURCHASES

Bioshock CE w/Figure - $69.99 - had trades from back then and didn't have to pay anything

Persona 3 w/Artbook - $44.99 at Frys

Metroid Prime 3 Courrption - $49.99

Warhawk PS3 - $39.99 price matched the Canada BB ad to CC

SEPTEMBER PURCHASES

Stranglehold 360 - $42.49 at Bestbuy after 110% price match to CC

then I will be getting Halo 3 Limited Edition and maybe Heavenly Sword.

I found SMT:Digital Devil Saga 2 yesterday for 20 bucks used. It was in great condition and complete, I dunno if thats a deal or not.

[quote name='heavyd853']I found SMT:Digital Devil Saga 2 yesterday for 20 bucks used. It was in great condition and complete, I dunno if thats a deal or not.[/quote]

good deal since it fetches for about $30 on ebay but gs usually have them for that price anyways.

here where my pickups for the day:
PICT0643.jpg

Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins was 6.80 after 20% off
Suikoden Tactics was 8.78 x2 after 20% off each

All courtesy of toys r us.

heres more stuff that i got today from trades

IMGP6632.jpg

bought these today. god i love moms and pops stores.. factory sealed goodies.. cept for the yu-gi-oh premium edition.

IMGP6631.jpg

[quote name='jer7583']Silent Hill 2 Greatest Hits PS2- A good $7 spent at GameCrazy for the best version of this game. Awesome horror title.[/quote]

Great game, but the XBox version is the best. It has an extra side story that's quality in it's own right.

But you can read the sidestory plot on gamefaqs afterwards, so don't sweat it. ;)

[quote name='camoor']Great game, but the XBox version is the best. It has an extra side story that's quality in it's own right.

But you can read the sidestory plot on gamefaqs afterwards, so don't sweat it. ;)[/QUOTE]

the GH of the ps2 version has that included

[quote name='jer7583']this thread fell on it's face. people would rather post their own threads, I suppose? this always catches on on NeoGAF, you'd think a shopping website would latch onto this concept..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, people don't buy shit. Personally, I forget to take pictures sometimes... though I should start remembering.

Oh, and in response to the doggie:

awwwww. I love dogs.

here is what i have for September so far:
100_0330.jpg

100_0331.jpg

100_0332.jpg

100_0333.jpg

SMT: Persona 3 (SEALED) x2
Valkyrie Profile 2 (SEALED) x2
Wild Arms 5 (SEALED)
.hack part 4
Guilty Gear X2
Atelier Iris: Enternal Mana
SMT: Nocturne case and manuel
Final Fantasy Tactics (GH SEALED)
Disgaea 2 guide
SMT: Persona 3 guide x2
Tales of the Abyss cell
Bumpy Trot keychain
Suikoden V artbook and OST

Yeah pretty sure the GH Silent Hill 2 added in all the restless dreams content, even the added lighting effects of the Xbox version. That's a ton of goodness there chaos..

Gonna start cutting back on purchases to save up for a plane ticket and a 360. Got a friend to visit and Halo 3 to play. Probably Halo 3 first, though..

Starting off with...
DSC03989.jpg

DSC03991.jpg

DSC03987.jpg

DSC03992.jpg

DSC03993.jpg

Valkyrie Profile 2
Tales of Legendia
Atelier Iris Eternal Mana *
Sky Gunner -sealed- *
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection guide/ cd still sealed*
M Bison xbox controller*

thank you Phear3d for the item
thank you bluehalls for the items

[quote name='jer7583']

Also:

STP61032.jpg

It's not a game, but got a 6 week old Siberian Husky puppy this week. It's our second husky.[/quote]

that dog is fucking beautiful

This is turning out to be a good month for deals!

cheapr2dvds.jpg

Chobits vol.1-9
Figure 17 vol.1-13
Fun Fun Pharmacy DVD-Box
I My Me! Strawberry Eggs vol.1-5
Muryou -Record of the School War- DVD-Box
Najica Blitz Tatics vol.1-6
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World vol.1-6

They were listed in a badly worded auction so only cost me 104.00 shipped on the lot. I honestly didn't expect to guy to even go through with it.

good find on skygunner xerotypex. very underated game. it was fun for the dreamcast i never got to try the ps2 version.

[quote name='phear3d']good find on skygunner xerotypex. very underated game. it was fun for the dreamcast i never got to try the ps2 version.[/quote]

Skygunner is pretty cheap used at EB/GS is you can find one...

Skygunner never was on the Dreamcast as far as I could tell. It was published by Sony in Japan and when Sony passed on it for america, atlus picked it up. It is a great game, though. Costs under $10 most places if you can find it. It's like Panzer Dragoon with the freedom of Ace Combat and goofy characters.

yeah it was for the ps2.. i just looked at my copy. my bad. i was pretty excited when they announced it for the us but never got to pick it up. i saw them at eb/gs when they had the b2g1 sale but never got around to buying it. nowadays i would like to have it new instead of used.

wow. awesome deal on the marvel vs capcom 2 for ps2. you can't find that game anywhere for even double that price. a majority of the time you find it for around $70-$100 range.

Picked up a bunch of guides today
DSC04000.jpg

DSC04002.jpg

Got these pennied out guides at my local Game Crazy and the guy threw in the egm and SCDA

DSC04013.jpg

Got these from a craiglist person for $10

DSC04015.jpg

Picked these up a couple of days ago

Got these yesterday. No pics since I don't have access to a digital camera.

Genesis:
the adventures of Batman & Robin (cart only) - $1
Tinhead (cart only) - $2.50
Zool: Ninja Of The "Nth" Dimension (complete) - $2.50

N64:
Turok 2: Seeds Of Evil (cart only) - trade

Posted bioshock already but they look so good together.
STP61067.jpg

Nice zephyr HDMI premium with a stealthy quiet BenQ drive. All set for halo 3 now. Only problem is I can't play my old arcade games from the other system on this one. no internet connection sucks. I already put in Bioshock for a bit and HOLY CRAP.

Got these in a trade yesterday:

NES:
The Adventures of Bayou Billy (cart only)

N64:
Hybrid Heaven (cart only)
1080 Snowboarding (cart only)
NHL Breakaway 98 (cart only)

Dreamcast:
Soul Calibur (disc only)

I've got the best deal today. probably best deal ever. I bought a mint, factory sealed, brand new copy of shin megami tensei: nocturne.... for 30 bucks... I was shaking while I paid this girl. no tax either. gotta love it. will take pictures later.

10 points to the person who identifies the cameo item that appears in the 360 pic.

And damn DoA 4 is better than I remember. That game is just simple and addicting. Looks great too.

[quote name='phear3d']heres more stuff that i got today from trades

IMGP6632.jpg

bought these today. god i love moms and pops stores.. factory sealed goodies.. cept for the yu-gi-oh premium edition.

IMGP6631.jpg
[/QUOTE]

i could crap myself in the store if that yu gi oh was sealed with the cards LOL

games001.jpg

trying to work on a complete gamecube collection. i got Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, RE4: Collector's Edition and Beyond Good and Evil from fellow CAG's, i bought the Persona 3 guide for $19.99 from gamecrazy and i won the Pure Evil set from ebay for $27.

as promised, heres a couple of pics

IMGP6658.jpg

IMGP6659.jpg

[quote name='slidecage']i could crap myself in the store if that yu gi oh was sealed with the cards LOL[/quote]

yeah i didnt get lucky with the cards. but instead the game is in mint condition.. i could buy them on ebay but they go for alot still so ill wait. im gonna pick up 2 more yu-gi-oh's soon.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Ahh, so envious of you phear3d. Great find...where'd you find this at?[/quote]

some store in the bronx that barely sold games. it was just pure luck i believe. but i also believe that i will find this game sealed, and i did. i asked if they had anymore they said they're not restocking on any games except psp. ouch! im going back there to get more goodies soon... they had manhunt for the xbox brand new. almost bought it.

bread's done
Back