I wouldn't say so. If this was working, there are some major problems with their corporate structure. I'd say continue trying. You're only risking a $2 check and an interestingly worded letter if it doesn't work. Oh noes!
But yeah, go for it. The 15 day wait, or the loss of $2 is well worth it.
you wont lose $2. They cant take your money if they didin't sell you anything