Photo
- - - - -

Metal Gear Solid Sucks. All of them. All along.

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#91 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

I'm surprised this thread is still going on especially since its been threadjacked on page 1.

How funny life is ......

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#92 Dark Slayer120

Dark Slayer120

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:45 PM

Posted Image

#93 Beau

Beau

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:34 AM

Anyone got the urge to fap? Posted Image

#94 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:05 AM

Either way, I'd like to Burst on that Angel.

2 points to whoever understands that reference and has something amusing to say in response. Perhaps more pics instead of 2 points.

Spoiler

You see the Blue? That's where I'd put my Submarine.

The best I could do.

#95 BattleChicken

BattleChicken

IM IN UR THRED!!1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:06 PM

After MGS & MGS2, just about the only thing I liked about the games was the gameplay. I hate melodramatic characters who drone one and on. I dislike the idiotic storylines.

Still haven't played Snake Eater.

...sometimes I have no idea how to respond to the stuff that's said around here.

MGS3 was my favorite of all of them.

I felt that the story were a lot less off the wall than the other games, and a lot more fun to follow. I thought it was well worth a purchase, Gwen -- so much so that I bought it twice: Snake Eater first, then subsistence for the online and bonus features (Metal Gear 1 and 2 being the best -- first time the real versions of the games were released in the USA).

MGS3 has THE BEST ending of any game I've played in many, many years.

#96 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:46 PM

You know whats better than Metal Gear? Cartoon half-naked chicks

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#97 kiribee

kiribee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:19 PM

They should make a true sequel to the "non solid" series allready.

#98 heavyd853

heavyd853

Hates fatties!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

That doesn't even make sense! The Metal Gears without "Solid" in the front star solid snake!

#99 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:29 PM

They should make a true sequel to the "non solid" series allready.

This is incorrect. No partial credit.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#100 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:27 AM

That doesn't even make sense! The Metal Gears without "Solid" in the front star solid snake!

Maybe kiri just hates 3D graphics and wants another 8bit game.
gwensigol8.png

#101 Noedskou

Noedskou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:50 AM

I dont like those games either.. But i must say that mgs4 looks rather promising.

#102 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:29 AM

As much as some of ya'll bash 2 you must admit when you find out what Arsenal Gear is you're thinking that was brilliant. I mean it was a surprise and fit perfectly and Arsenal Gear is feasible, albeit it won't be termed that name IRL.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#103 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:38 AM

MGS Digital Graphic Novel was cool.

#104 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:34 AM

I completed Metal Gear Solid.

Couldn't get into MGS2 or MGS3 when I tried.

#105 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:40 AM

I tried Metal Gear Solid 2. After playing for less than an hour I just knew it wasn't the type of game I would enjoy, so I stopped. I bought it for less then $20 so it wasn't a huge loss.
Posted Image

#106 Dante Devil

Dante Devil

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:55 AM

Loving this thread!

dantedevil0ec6zs.jpgcagerssmall6vi5lm.gif

ach.png

#107 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:44 AM

Gwen, I'm a little late, but MGS3 actually had a bit of self-awareness about it. The plot is all spy-movie chic in the Metal Gear style, and all the characters are much less moody and self-involved. Para-Medic especially is just plain likeable. The endgame actually provides the only time MGS has ever surprised me, by NOT making the traditional paranoid conspiracy theorists' them, the government, or whoever, behind the entire villainous scheme, and actually creating a meaningful story with a couple of just really interesting characters.

Anyway, other than MGS3, I am done with the series. Metal Gear GBC was the only one I really liked.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#108 y2kenjination

y2kenjination

Korean Inferno

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:05 AM

First off, I love the MGS series...been a fanboy since MGS on the PSX. MGS2's convoluted plot and lack of Snake was a bit of a turn off, but the series redeemed itself with MGS3 IMO. Was I one of the few who ended up finishing MGS3? Most people I talk with whine about how hard MGS3 was and how they didn't like the lack of a radar. Just sounds like a bunch of spoiled gamers to me...
Posted Image

#109 Aberforth

Aberforth

I used to love her

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:09 AM

I thought MGS3 was awesome. I actually found it easier to kill stuff in 3 than I did in 2. In 3 I'd clear out areas no problem, with just the knife and CQC. Hell I liked it so much that I beat twice to try and get the stealth camo by shooting all the damn frogs (I think a missed a frog though, because I didn't get it in the end).
I give up on everything, even giving up on everything.

#110 scion of ys

scion of ys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:07 PM

the end song for MGS 1 was incredible...

#111 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

Gwen, I'm a little late, but MGS3 actually had a bit of self-awareness about it. The plot is all spy-movie chic in the Metal Gear style, and all the characters are much less moody and self-involved. Para-Medic especially is just plain likeable. The endgame actually provides the only time MGS has ever surprised me, by NOT making the traditional paranoid conspiracy theorists' them, the government, or whoever, behind the entire villainous scheme, and actually creating a meaningful story with a couple of just really interesting characters.

That's a write-up that just bumped this game a number of spaces in my backlog.
gwensigol8.png

#112 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:53 PM

First off, I love the MGS series...been a fanboy since MGS on the PSX. MGS2's convoluted plot and lack of Snake was a bit of a turn off, but the series redeemed itself with MGS3 IMO. Was I one of the few who ended up finishing MGS3?

That pretty much sums up how I feel about Metal Gear, I LOVED the first one and the third one, the second on was awesome but hard to follow. But on the other hand MGS 4 looks GODLY!

I will always make time for a metal gear game because MGS 1 PSX had re-inspired my love for video games at a time when I thought I was done with games.(my teen years)

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#113 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

Anyway, other than MGS3, I am done with the series. Metal Gear GBC was the only one I really liked.

WTF was wrong with the Arsenal Gear bit when you find out what it was? I thought it was brilliant because of how true it is.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".