CAGs March Pick Up List "Where'd my money go?"

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
109 (100%)
Since no one started one yet, here it is...

Post your purchases for the month of March

Past threads:
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008

These were my pickups in February:

DSC04204.jpg

Bought from Buy.com with GCO for $17 and change. Works great with the Zune 80.

DSC04231.jpg

Got Phantom Brave guide and KOF XI from a trade on here
Got PGR4 when Gamestop had the 25% off used game coupon
Got MGS Twin Snakes and PGR4 from Goozex

DSC04237.jpg

Got my a new laptop :D

and finally...

P2070251.jpg

New puppy, he's a Tibetan Mastiff. Such a curious little guy and troublemaker.

Def Jam Icon (X360) x2 @ Best Buy clearance - $4.99 each

Spiderman: Friend or Foe - 12.xx at Target

Super Smash Bros Melee - (will be) $9.99 (yay for credit being left over)

Army of Two (X360)

Bully (X360)

Condemned 2 (X360)

Killer Instinct (SNES, Complete w/ Killer Cuts CD) - $4.99

Hitman (Blu Ray) - $19.99

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Since no one started one yet, here it is...

DSC04237.jpg

Got my a new laptop :D

[/quote]

I have the same laptop but buy one of those cooling mats, the thing gets hot has hell.

I picked up Paper Mario for GC, and Rocket Slime for DS..I had $8 credit left and the only thing that looked decent was season one of laguna beach so i have that...I'll probably never watch it.

[quote name='mguiddy']:whistle2:s#-o[/quote]

Whoops, #-oindeed...thanks for catching that.

[quote name='Smeag']I have the same laptop but buy one of those cooling mats, the thing gets hot has hell.[/quote]

Does it really? Good thing I still have my notebook cooler from my last laptop

omg.... cutest... puppy... ever... wonder what the full grown dogs look like hope they aren't ugly as regular mastiffs

edit: okay fully grown I wouldn't say they are absolutely adorable but they are definitely very nice looking dogs fully grown, just ooc how much does one of those run you?

[quote name='Smeag']I have the same laptop but buy one of those cooling mats, the thing gets hot has hell.[/quote]
I also have the same laptop, or very similar, and yes they get very hot. I'm glad I bought a cooling mat, thing would overheat very easily on hot days.

Picked up:
Sherlock Holmes: the awakening-pc (17.99 target)
Finally picked up Fire Pro Wrestling returns (14.99 at TRU)

Contemplating picking up Army of Two as the few reviews creep out...the chances are getting higher. Not very CAG of me, I know, but for some reason my gf loves GoW and R6:Vegas...so it s seems like a good buy

and of course

SSBB on sunday! Although technically paid for it las month.

[quote name='Gden']omg.... cutest... puppy... ever... wonder what the full grown dogs look like hope they aren't ugly as regular mastiffs

edit: okay fully grown I wouldn't say they are absolutely adorable but they are definitely very nice looking dogs fully grown, just ooc how much does one of those run you?[/quote]

Yea, when they get bigger, they aren't as cute, but they are def nice looking dogs when their fur is brushed. My family and I had another Tibetan mastiff, but he passed away earlier this year. We've always had a dog in the family so we decided to get another one. Not quite sure how much we spent on it, but our other tm ran about a grand since they are not a common breed. My dad really loves this breed so i could see him spending a lot on it.

:360: Call Of Duty 4 - $49.99 at Fry's
:wii: Classic Controller x 2 - $9.99 at Goodwill
:cube: Mario Kart Double Dash - $4.99 at Goodwill

Next up is likely Smash Brothers and possibly Bully :360:.

heres my haul so far this month.

IMGP0306.jpg

Champions - $2 x2
SW: Kotor - $2
SW: Kotor 2 - $20
Manhunt - $20
Lost Planet LE - $30
Final Fantasy X-2 - $2
Kameo - $7 x2
Samurai legend Musashi - $3
FF Dawn of Souls - $8
Metroid Classic GBA - $4
Persona 3 - $51

all sealed.

So far...

GTA Double Pack (Xbox)-$3
Shadow Of Destiny-$6
Super Scope 6 (no reciever)-$2
Diddy Kong Racing VHS-0.44
ClayFighter 63 1/3 Sculptor's Cut-$6
God Of War 2-$10
Army of Two
God Of War: Chains of Olympus
Yakuza-$6

My order from Telltale Games just arrived!

sammax_01.jpg

- Sam & Max: Surfin' the Highway - Anniversary Edition
- The Effigy Mound (Sam & Max sketches and such by Steve Purcell)
- Sam & Max Season One DVD-Rom
- Sam & Max "Highway Surfing" print signed by Purcell

I already have "Surfin' the Highway" in its original edition, but this new one contains additional content. It's also slightly smaller than the original book, though the cover is much nicer:
sammax_02.jpg

For the record, I started out as a fan of the Sam & Max comics (way back in the early '90s), and only came to the games much later. I never got around to playing the new ones Telltale has made though (partially because of my backlog, and partially because I always preferred the comics anyway). Have no excuse now, I guess.

:xbox:Beyond Good and Evil $4.99
:360:Peter Jackson's King Kong $9.99
:dvd:Flags of Our Fathers $5.99
:dvd:The Fountain $5.99

My most recent pickups from GameStop
DSC01286.jpg

I finally picked up a game to test out my Goodwill Game Boy. Funny thing is that the cart (4.00) cost more than the handheld (2.00)

[quote name='GoAztecs']My most recent pickups from GameStop
DSC01286.jpg
I finally picked up a game to test out my Goodwill Game Boy. Funny thing is that the cart (4.00) cost more than the handheld (2.00)[/quote]
$4 for GB Tetris... Is that a good price?

[quote name='Segasonic01']So far...

GTA Double Pack (Xbox)-$3
Shadow Of Destiny-$6
Super Scope 6 (no reciever)-$2
Diddy Kong Racing VHS-0.44
ClayFighter 63 1/3 Sculptor's Cut-$6
God Of War 2-$10[/quote]

Where the heck did you pick up the GTA Double Pack and God Of War 2 for so cheap? Just wondering....

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Where the heck did you pick up the GTA Double Pack and God Of War 2 for so cheap? Just wondering....[/quote]
Pawn shops.

[quote name='mguiddy']$4 for GB Tetris... Is that a good price?[/quote]

I thought it was an ok price. I could have probably found a cheaper one at a garage sale or thrift store if I had waited, but I wanted to try out my Game Boy. It was either that or buy a 2 dollar sports game that I would probably only play once.

I WON A PS3!! Does that count?

Congratulations! Thank you for visiting .com recently and entering the contest from Fox Broadcasting for the chance to win a Playstation 3 gaming console and the Family Guy video game. Your name was drawn and you’ve won. Your Playstation 3 and Family Guy video game valued at $420 will be mailed to you via UPS. (I will probably get it Monday).

I also picked up Xenosaga Episode 1 GH for $4.97 sealed...they still had 3 more at the store.

[quote name='Spiderine']:ps2:.Hack//Quarantine $4.99
:wii:Geometry Wars Galaxies $24.99[/QUOTE]
how did you get the geometry wars at that price? I've been looking for it at that pricepoint for such a long time.

So Far this month:

MLB Power Pros (PS2) $9.99
Scarface:CE (PS2) $9.90
Shadow of the Colossus $9.90 (Non GH)
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi $5.00 (Non GH)

[quote name='blackbird3216']how did you get the geometry wars at that price? I've been looking for it at that pricepoint for such a long time.[/quote]

Blockbuster ^_^

I recently bought:

:ps2:.Hack//Infection $9.99
:ps2:.Hack//Mutation $4.99
:ps2:.Hack//Outbreak $9.99
:ps2:Mark of Kri $4.99
:dvd:Gone Baby Gone $10
:dvd:We Own the Night $10
N64 Pokemon Puzzle League $5.99

FINALLY GOT SOMETHING FOR MARCH TODAY:

From Target:

Shadow Of The Collossus-Greatest Hits(PS2): $13.98
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Special Edition(Xbox): $9.98

Possibly going back to a local TRU for a Sansa 2gb MP3 player(clearance marked $80, they said they'd do it for $40).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FINALLY GOT SOMETHING FOR MARCH TODAY:

From Target:

Shadow Of The Collossus-Greatest Hits(PS2): $13.98
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Special Edition(Xbox): $9.98

Possibly going back to a local TRU for a Sansa 2gb MP3 player(clearance marked $80, they said they'd do it for $40).[/quote]

Sansa's are great. I own 2. (2 GB and an 8 GB)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Possibly going back to a local TRU for a Sansa 2gb MP3 player(clearance marked $80, they said they'd do it for $40).[/quote]
If you're not averse to refurbished units and wouldn't mind waiting a little bit, Woot usually has 4-6 gig Sansas for ~$50 every couple of weeks.

[quote name='mguiddy']If you're not averse to refurbished units and wouldn't mind waiting a little bit, Woot usually has 4-6 gig Sansas for ~$50 every couple of weeks.[/quote]

I was contemplating a refurb/used PS3 from Gamefunk for a while, but $400 is a tad much for someone elses used system. But hell, for $40(if they offer me it for that price again) I'll just go back to TRU and pick up that player from there.

I think I have MAYBE 12-20 CDs TOPS, since I've learned to go by the adage of 'if I'm not playing/listening to/watching it, off it goes to FYE', so it's not like I'd even NEED the 2gb's of space really.

Hell, as it stands, I'm trying to blow out my comic books(Marvel/DC/a couple smaller pubs) for a flat rate, but still no offers for them. Then again, I think that's cause there's nothing really 'rare' in there and I don't guarantee 'zomg mint condition' for any of them.

Quite a haul this month courtesy of fellow CAG'ers.

- Black Zune 30 with accessories
- Black Nintendo DS Lite with Contra 4 and Sonic Rush
- Phoenix Wright: Justice for All ($12 from Circuit City clearance)
- Elite Beat Agents ($2 from Sears clearance)
- Piano Black Slim PSP (Incorrectly marked for $40 at KMart... hurray for clueless cashiers and careless managers)
- Logitech Playgear Pocket
- Patapon
- No Country for Old Men BR

Also awaiting MLB 08 The Show and Army of Two for the PS3.

My head hurts...

bread's done
Back