Gamedealdaily.com Daily Deal 9/25 - Halo 3 Limited Edition (XBox 360) - $29.95

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1469 replies to this topic

#61 mrhappi79

mrhappi79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:30 PM

Shipping kills it for me too and does not appear to be USPS based on weight.
actually most games are less than 6 oz. in a bubble mailer with all original packaging.
First Class (LESS than Media Mail) for under 13oz. (2 Games) would be about $2.25 with DC (1 game/6 oz)
Good Luck though...
and not too thrilled you asked CAGs to promote you on SD and FW...just me?

Yeah, just you. He stated why. If you don't want to help him out, then don't do it. Simple as that.

Good luck on your site!!! :applause:

#62 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:33 PM

I ordered the wireless adapter, can't wait to get it!

#63 jeremywoods

jeremywoods

ITS NOT LUPUS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:38 PM

So it's like Woot! for games?

Fuck. Goodbye money. :'(

lol :bouncy:

Posted Image

currently consuming my life:

• :ds: yugioh 5ds reverse of arcadia
  • :ps3: nba2k11

#64 urge26

urge26

No time for games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:39 PM

Shipping kills it for me too and does not appear to be USPS based on weight.
actually most games are less than 6 oz. in a bubble mailer with all original packaging.
First Class (LESS than Media Mail) for under 13oz. (2 Games) would be about $2.25 with DC (1 game/6 oz)
Good Luck though...
and not too thrilled you asked CAGs to promote you on SD and FW...just me?

nope it's not just you (thanks to the others for speaking out for everyone). To come here, charge sleaze Ebay like shipping profit, ask for others to go spam on your behalf, doesn't makes us thrilled either.

#65 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:57 PM

On shipping costs:

I guess part of me should be surprised that it took this long to start getting flamed on shipping costs. However, they are what they are. No, my rates are not exact USPS shipping rates. I use a simple scale that doesn't fluctuate down to the ounce. However, I feel that my prices are good deals with or without the shipping costs. Yes, I do factor some site costs, Paypal/Google Checkout fees, packaging costs, as well as my time and gas, into the postage. I offer these items at the best prices that I can. To be honest, I haven't made a cent profit off of the site yet. This is the last that I will address the shipping costs in this thread. If you'd like to address any concerns you can PM me or email me from the link on the site.

On SlickDeals/FatWallet:

I understand that the mindset that CAGs don't want their deals ruined by FWers/SDers. I remember the Circuit City clearance sale of summer 2004 where we had to fight off the hoarders from grabbing every last copy of the $5 games. However, I have plenty of my items to go around. Gamedealdaily is a brand new site, and I need all the exposure I can get. I am giving CAGs first priority on the internet by maintaining this thread. I'm appreciative for all the deals this site has exposed to me over the last 5 years and want to repay the members of it. If any CAGs would be generous enough to post my deals on other sites, I can sell more of each item, allowing me to offer better deals in the future. Don't worry about quantities, I have plenty of everything to go around.

Thanks,

Matt
gamedealdaily.com
Visit www.gamedealdaily.com for our daily deal as well as low prices on video games and accessories!

#66 mrhappi79

mrhappi79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:58 PM

nope it's not just you (thanks to the others for speaking out for everyone). To come here, charge sleaze Ebay like shipping profit, ask for others to go spam on your behalf, doesn't makes us thrilled either.

He clearly stated that he got permission to post here, if you had read the very first post. Second, of all some of the prices on his site are good so even with the shipping, it still makes for some good deals as others have pointed out. Nobody is making you purchase things from his website nor is he forcing you to "go spam" on his behalf. Lastly, I'm not sure if you're posting for more than one person since you made mention that it "doesn't make us thrilled either." So far, you and only one other person have disagreed with the FW request, and that hardly qualifies as "us" so speak for yourself next time.

Good luck on your site drfrielgood. I'll be looking to make a few purchases in the near future. :)

#67 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:05 AM

On shipping costs:

I guess part of me should be surprised that it took this long to start getting flamed on shipping costs. However, they are what they are. No, my rates are not exact USPS shipping rates. I use a simple scale that doesn't fluctuate down to the ounce. However, I feel that my prices are good deals with or without the shipping costs. Yes, I do factor some site costs, Paypal/Google Checkout fees, packaging costs, as well as my time and gas, into the postage. I offer these items at the best prices that I can. To be honest, I haven't made a cent profit off of the site yet. This is the last that I will address the shipping costs in this thread. If you'd like to address any concerns you can PM me or email me from the link on the site.

On SlickDeals/FatWallet:

I understand that the mindset that CAGs don't want their deals ruined by FWers/SDers. I remember the Circuit City clearance sale of summer 2004 where we had to fight off the hoarders from grabbing every last copy of the $5 games. However, I have plenty of my items to go around. Gamedealdaily is a brand new site, and I need all the exposure I can get. I am giving CAGs first priority on the internet by maintaining this thread. I'm appreciative for all the deals this site has exposed to me over the last 5 years and want to repay the members of it. If any CAGs would be generous enough to post my deals on other sites, I can sell more of each item, allowing me to offer better deals in the future. Don't worry about quantities, I have plenty of everything to go around.

Thanks,

Matt
gamedealdaily.com

those PSP av cables say used.... how used are they.. are they just opened or have they been used like crazy and show wear... still tempting to buy at 10.... found out those new ones at 12 are 3rd party... sony brand is 20
WOOOO I STINK

#68 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:11 AM

those PSP av cables say used.... how used are they.. are they just opened or have they been used like crazy and show wear... still tempting to buy at 10.... found out those new ones at 12 are 3rd party... sony brand is 20

The cables are in excellent shape. I've got about 80 sets of each cable, and you can't even tell most of them have been used. I'll make sure you get cables that don't have any signs of wear on them.
Visit www.gamedealdaily.com for our daily deal as well as low prices on video games and accessories!

#69 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:15 AM

yeah, its just you.

I think so.

#70 urge26

urge26

No time for games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:30 AM

He clearly stated that he got permission to post here, if you had read the very first post. Second, of all some of the prices on his site are good so even with the shipping, it still makes for some good deals as others have pointed out. Nobody is making you purchase things from his website nor is he forcing you to "go spam" on his behalf. Lastly, I'm not sure if you're posting for more than one person since you made mention that it "doesn't make us thrilled either." So far, you and only one other person have disagreed with the FW request, and that hardly qualifies as "us" so speak for yourself next time.

Good luck on your site drfrielgood. I'll be looking to make a few purchases in the near future. :)

the words were "not so thrilled", relax. People are allowed to disagree, and you were the one saying "Yeah, just you". I also know he is not forcing people, but if you make that request you should expect some to feel that is spamming. I like the idea this guy has with his website, I also like vendors to price items what they actually cost, it's the reason I don't purchase off Ebay if I don't have to. To be honest with you, I would've purchased forza if he priced it 15 with media mail shipping costs. I also read one of his comments that stated shipping costs are based on actual weight, which it's clearly not. That being said, it's clearly not for you to decide that the whole community agrees with you.

#71 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:41 AM

Just an general observation to the OP but on your site you may want to elaborate on the condition if it is used. i.e. for games what it comes with (case, cover, manual, etc.) or condition exactly of the product if it an actual product. Personally I will not buy any game that does not include the case, original cover art and manual. The prices are good but more info is needed on the site.

#72 urge26

urge26

No time for games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:05 AM

I guess part of me should be surprised that it took this long to start getting flamed on shipping costs. However, they are what they are.

Definately not trying to flame you on your shipping. I know nothing about retail, and understand that you need to do what's best for your business. As a consumer when you take a game that is 10 bucks, then are surprised that shipping is going to run 50% of that, it may turn some people away like myself. I'll definately keep an eye on your site.

#73 mrhappi79

mrhappi79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:09 AM

the words were "not so thrilled", relax. People are allowed to disagree, and you were the one saying "Yeah, just you". I also know he is not forcing people, but if you make that request you should expect some to feel that is spamming. I like the idea this guy has with his website, I also like vendors to price items what they actually cost, it's the reason I don't purchase off Ebay if I don't have to. To be honest with you, I would've purchased forza if he priced it 15 with media mail shipping costs. I also read one of his comments that stated shipping costs are based on actual weight, which it's clearly not. That being said, it's clearly not for you to decide that the whole community agrees with you.

I was fine about your post up until I read the last part where you said us, as though you were speaking for the CAG community as a whole. It's funny cuz you accuse me of the same thing even though I never made mention of we or us. I never said the whole community agreed with me. It was you that made it seem as though you spoke for CAG in first post.

So I agree with you 100% to disagree and post on it, I just speak for myself when I say that. :)

#74 tat2dbri

tat2dbri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:26 AM

damn just got this yesterdat @ GS for 5.99

#75 IvanHood

IvanHood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:26 AM

Nice deal. I have been looking for this without the Zapper, and your cheap 360 accessories (needed a battery/charge cable) made the shipping pretty reasonable. Thanks!

#76 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:45 AM

Just an general observation to the OP but on your site you may want to elaborate on the condition if it is used. i.e. for games what it comes with (case, cover, manual, etc.) or condition exactly of the product if it an actual product. Personally I will not buy any game that does not include the case, original cover art and manual. The prices are good but more info is needed on the site.

Excellent observation, thank you! I thought I had addressed this in the FAQ, but I looked back and saw that I had not. All used games on the site come complete with the original case, artwork, manual, and game disc, unless otherwise noted in the item description. I will be sure to have my designer add this to the FAQ once returns from his vacation in a couple weeks. Thanks for pointing that out!

#77 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:58 AM

Excellent observation, thank you! I thought I had addressed this in the FAQ, but I looked back and saw that I had not. All used games on the site come complete with the original case, artwork, manual, and game disc, unless otherwise noted in the item description. I will be sure to have my designer add this to the FAQ once returns from his vacation in a couple weeks. Thanks for pointing that out!

No problem. Glad I could help. I got you bookmarked in my favorites and will check daily.

#78 urge26

urge26

No time for games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:03 AM

I was fine about your post up until I read the last part where you said us, as though you were speaking for the CAG community as a whole. It's funny cuz you accuse me of the same thing even though I never made mention of we or us. I never said the whole community agreed with me. It was you that made it seem as though you spoke for CAG in first post.

So I agree with you 100% to disagree and post on it, I just speak for myself when I say that. :)

us can mean me and who I quoted directly, donut.

#79 gage006

gage006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:22 AM

So it's like Woot! for games?

Fuck. Goodbye money. :'(

So damn true.

#80 PATWRIK

PATWRIK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:33 AM

Suggestion:

Not sure if this was mentioned, but when you add something to the cart, can you put an easy access link to continue shopping? I was puzzled for a sec, until i found the link for the store in the upper header.

BTW, GL with the site. I'll be keeping an eye on it.
-Patwrik

#81 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:58 PM

I'm surprised that the shipping costs took that long to get noticed too. I have to say that I miss the days of free shipping from just about everyone online and I was spoiled big time by it as well. But I think CAGs have a penchant for picking on deals that aren't absolutely mind blowing cheap.

There is nothing wrong with the base shipping cost. I was called out on something similar recently and I had demonstrated there was less than a dollar between what I was asking for shipping and what it actually cost me (the way I wanted to do it). There are several really good deals on the site and that is one way to 'neutralize' the shipping cost if that bothers you.

As far as I'm concerned the price is right and I had an instant response to a question. Value and customer service are the two things you strive for in business and I like what I've seen so far.
Posted Image

#82 scorpers

scorpers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:18 PM

You may want to add a "Cancel Order" button for those that may need to cancel. I ordered LCT yesterday and didn't realize that you had the Jabra headsets for the PS3. I wanted to cancel my order for LCT and then reorder LCT and the headset to pay $5 shipping for both instead of a 5ver for each order. I emailed you using the link on your site but you never got back to me. It's been like 24 hrs or so since I emailed you. You may just want to get back to people that email you so that you can be praised for having good customer service as well as good prices.

#83 cheapbrass

cheapbrass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:52 PM

does Link game also include the crossbow shell thingy? or just disk+manuals?

#84 kevzik

kevzik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:00 PM

What I wanted to know.

LOOKING FOR A BLURAY DRIVE - WILL TRADE NEW TEKKEN BUNDLE!

http://www.cheapassg...076#post6774076

#85 chair_home

chair_home

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:08 PM

^ Its implied in the description that it is the game only.

"Here's a deal for the Legend of Zelda game that came packaged with the Wii Zapper. I know there's a number of people out there that prefer the Nyko gun, which unfortunately doesn't include this game. For you completists, the original cardboard sleeve is included, along with the manual."

#86 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

Updated the first post with today's deal for the XBox 360 Wireless Controllers.

#87 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:16 PM

Game+ sleeve and manual, no shell.

#88 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:21 PM

You wouldn't happen to have any BLUE wireless 360 controllers would you?

#89 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:38 PM

I'm surprised that the shipping costs took that long to get noticed too. I have to say that I miss the days of free shipping from just about everyone online and I was spoiled big time by it as well. But I think CAGs have a penchant for picking on deals that aren't absolutely mind blowing cheap.

There is nothing wrong with the base shipping cost. I was called out on something similar recently and I had demonstrated there was less than a dollar between what I was asking for shipping and what it actually cost me (the way I wanted to do it). There are several really good deals on the site and that is one way to 'neutralize' the shipping cost if that bothers you.

As far as I'm concerned the price is right and I had an instant response to a question. Value and customer service are the two things you strive for in business and I like what I've seen so far.

Agree 100%.

#90 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:58 PM

You wouldn't happen to have any BLUE wireless 360 controllers would you?

Guess we'll take that as a no. How bout pink?

:D

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?