Gamedealdaily.com Daily Deal 9/25 - Halo 3 Limited Edition (XBox 360) - $29.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfrielgood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (88%)
www.gamedealdaily.com

I've been selling video games online for about 4 years now and recently opened up my own website, gamedealdaily.com

A new deal will be posted every day, seven days a week, at noon ET.

The site also features a store area that will expand over time.

I've been a member of CAG for about 5 years, so its exciting to be able to offer some good deals of my own. I PM'd CheapyD and he approved my posting of the deals on this board. Following his advice, I will update this thread daily with the new deal for the day.

LINK: www.gamedealdaily.com

Today's Deal: Halo 3 Limited Edition (XBox 360) - $29.95

Today's deal is for Halo 3 Limited Edition for the Microsoft XBox 360. These games are in like-new condition and come complete with the original tin case, game case, artwork, manual, and game disc. Each game is guaranteed to work perfectly.

2wdvnso.jpg

If you're looking for a cheap XBox 360 system, check this one out for $79.95 + shipping:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/product.php?product=1026

THIS XBOX 360 CONSOLE DOES NOT FUNCTION PERFECTLY. PLEASE READ: The first problem occurs when you enter a disc into the system. When you close the door to the system it re-opens. You have to play this game for 3 or 4 tries, and then the disc will stay inside the system. It has never completely refused to accept a disc. The second problem is that the system will not play a few certain games. By not play, I mean that the games will freeze shortly after gameplay begins. I've played about 60 total XBox 360 games on this system and the only ones I've found this problem with are Madden NFL 09, Assassin's Creed, and Perfect Dark Zero. 95% of games work with no problems.

Here is what is included with the system: XBox 360 Core Console (no hard drive), Component HD AV Cable, power cable, ethernet cable, and manuals. Nothing else is included, no power brick, no controller, no headset.

NEW: SELL US YOUR GAMES!

Please visit our buy-back page at:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/wanted.php

I've added nearly 600 titles to our database, so be sure to check it out. You may email us for trade-in quotes for items that you do not find on the list. Directions can be found at the top of the page in case you have any questions about the process. Well over half of the titles on the list trade in for more than $10!Thank you for checking out the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the shipping,

All orders of one pound or less are charged the base shipping price. However, one customer yesterday ordered Forza 2 and a Jabra headset and was charged only the base shipping charge, because the two items weighed less than a pound. I apologize, but my shipping algorithm only allows me to split up the shipping levels in pounds, not ounces. Thanks everyone for your orders and I will mail these out tomorrow along with the Jabra headsets!

Matt
gamedealdaily.com

Bookmarked. I bit on the Crossbow Training. Never did like the shell, but wanted to play the game with the Nyko gun. Good Luck with the site.

Count me in for Link's Crossbow Training for my kid brothers. My mom bought the them the standalone zapper for Christmas, not knowing that you need to buy games for it too. Score!

OK so is this JUST the game disc NOT the case, cover art, etc. If it is just the disc than its not worth it for me. Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.

[quote name='NJMane']OK so is this JUST the game disc NOT the case, cover, art etc. If it is just the disc than its not worth it. Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.[/QUOTE]

Check out the first post. Comes with the cardboard sleeve and manual, everything that originally came with it. Thanks for your interest!

man shipping kills it

Sony PSP 2000 Composite AV Cable 4.99 used nice but 5 bucks shipping = 10 bucks for used cables ....... can get sealed locally for 12 o well

will keep looking

also you might want to update those cables they both say the same thing but different cables

I like the idea of the website, but there is no way that shipping is calculated on weight, especially if you're shipping things out usps. Media mail costs next to nothing on discs.

[quote name='urge26']I like the idea of the website, but there is no way that shipping is calculated on weight, especially if you're shipping things out usps. Media mail costs next to nothing on discs.[/quote]

Shipping kills it for me too and does not appear to be USPS based on weight.
actually most games are less than 6 oz. in a bubble mailer with all original packaging.
First Class (LESS than Media Mail) for under 13oz. (2 Games) would be about $2.25 with DC (1 game/6 oz)
Good Luck though...
and not too thrilled you asked CAGs to promote you on SD and FW...just me?

[quote name='donut']Shipping kills it for me too and does not appear to be USPS based on weight.
actually most games are less than 6 oz. in a bubble mailer with all original packaging.
First Class (LESS than Media Mail) for under 13oz. (2 Games) would be about $2.25 with DC (1 game/6 oz)
Good Luck though...
and not too thrilled you asked CAGs to promote you on SD and FW...just me?[/quote]

Per USPS
oz cost
1 $1.13
2 1.30
3 1.47
4 1.64
5 1.81
6 1.98
7 2.15
8 2.32
9 2.49
10 2.66
11 2.83
12 3.00
13 3.17

DC is another $.75 (or $.18 if done electronically)
Through in the mailer and $5 is too excessive

(2 games/ 13oz = $3.18 min. + mailer)

Now, if he is shipping parcel post, the cost is $3.42-$3.96 for the first lb (plus DC and packaging)

[quote name='donut']Shipping kills it for me too and does not appear to be USPS based on weight.
Good Luck though...
and not too thrilled you asked CAGs to promote you on SD and FW...just me?[/quote]

yeah, its just you.

Good Luck though...

Yeah, just you. He stated why. If you don't want to help him out, then don't do it. Simple as that.

Good luck on your site!!! :applause:

Good Luck though...

nope it's not just you (thanks to the others for speaking out for everyone). To come here, charge sleaze Ebay like shipping profit, ask for others to go spam on your behalf, doesn't makes us thrilled either.

On shipping costs:

I guess part of me should be surprised that it took this long to start getting flamed on shipping costs. However, they are what they are. No, my rates are not exact USPS shipping rates. I use a simple scale that doesn't fluctuate down to the ounce. However, I feel that my prices are good deals with or without the shipping costs. Yes, I do factor some site costs, Paypal/Google Checkout fees, packaging costs, as well as my time and gas, into the postage. I offer these items at the best prices that I can. To be honest, I haven't made a cent profit off of the site yet. This is the last that I will address the shipping costs in this thread. If you'd like to address any concerns you can PM me or email me from the link on the site.

On SlickDeals/FatWallet:

I understand that the mindset that CAGs don't want their deals ruined by FWers/SDers. I remember the Circuit City clearance sale of summer 2004 where we had to fight off the hoarders from grabbing every last copy of the $5 games. However, I have plenty of my items to go around. Gamedealdaily is a brand new site, and I need all the exposure I can get. I am giving CAGs first priority on the internet by maintaining this thread. I'm appreciative for all the deals this site has exposed to me over the last 5 years and want to repay the members of it. If any CAGs would be generous enough to post my deals on other sites, I can sell more of each item, allowing me to offer better deals in the future. Don't worry about quantities, I have plenty of everything to go around.

Thanks,

Matt
gamedealdaily.com

[quote name='urge26']nope it's not just you (thanks to the others for speaking out for everyone). To come here, charge sleaze Ebay like shipping profit, ask for others to go spam on your behalf, doesn't makes us thrilled either.[/quote]

He clearly stated that he got permission to post here, if you had read the very first post. Second, of all some of the prices on his site are good so even with the shipping, it still makes for some good deals as others have pointed out. Nobody is making you purchase things from his website nor is he forcing you to "go spam" on his behalf. Lastly, I'm not sure if you're posting for more than one person since you made mention that it "doesn't make us thrilled either." So far, you and only one other person have disagreed with the FW request, and that hardly qualifies as "us" so speak for yourself next time.

Good luck on your site drfrielgood. I'll be looking to make a few purchases in the near future. :)

[quote name='drfrielgood']On shipping costs:

I guess part of me should be surprised that it took this long to start getting flamed on shipping costs. However, they are what they are. No, my rates are not exact USPS shipping rates. I use a simple scale that doesn't fluctuate down to the ounce. However, I feel that my prices are good deals with or without the shipping costs. Yes, I do factor some site costs, Paypal/Google Checkout fees, packaging costs, as well as my time and gas, into the postage. I offer these items at the best prices that I can. To be honest, I haven't made a cent profit off of the site yet. This is the last that I will address the shipping costs in this thread. If you'd like to address any concerns you can PM me or email me from the link on the site.

On SlickDeals/FatWallet:

I understand that the mindset that CAGs don't want their deals ruined by FWers/SDers. I remember the Circuit City clearance sale of summer 2004 where we had to fight off the hoarders from grabbing every last copy of the $5 games. However, I have plenty of my items to go around. Gamedealdaily is a brand new site, and I need all the exposure I can get. I am giving CAGs first priority on the internet by maintaining this thread. I'm appreciative for all the deals this site has exposed to me over the last 5 years and want to repay the members of it. If any CAGs would be generous enough to post my deals on other sites, I can sell more of each item, allowing me to offer better deals in the future. Don't worry about quantities, I have plenty of everything to go around.

Thanks,

Matt
gamedealdaily.com[/QUOTE]

those PSP av cables say used.... how used are they.. are they just opened or have they been used like crazy and show wear... still tempting to buy at 10.... found out those new ones at 12 are 3rd party... sony brand is 20

[quote name='slidecage']those PSP av cables say used.... how used are they.. are they just opened or have they been used like crazy and show wear... still tempting to buy at 10.... found out those new ones at 12 are 3rd party... sony brand is 20[/QUOTE]

The cables are in excellent shape. I've got about 80 sets of each cable, and you can't even tell most of them have been used. I'll make sure you get cables that don't have any signs of wear on them.

[quote name='mrhappi79']He clearly stated that he got permission to post here, if you had read the very first post. Second, of all some of the prices on his site are good so even with the shipping, it still makes for some good deals as others have pointed out. Nobody is making you purchase things from his website nor is he forcing you to "go spam" on his behalf. Lastly, I'm not sure if you're posting for more than one person since you made mention that it "doesn't make us thrilled either." So far, you and only one other person have disagreed with the FW request, and that hardly qualifies as "us" so speak for yourself next time.

Good luck on your site drfrielgood. I'll be looking to make a few purchases in the near future. :)[/quote]

the words were "not so thrilled", relax. People are allowed to disagree, and you were the one saying "Yeah, just you". I also know he is not forcing people, but if you make that request you should expect some to feel that is spamming. I like the idea this guy has with his website, I also like vendors to price items what they actually cost, it's the reason I don't purchase off Ebay if I don't have to. To be honest with you, I would've purchased forza if he priced it 15 with media mail shipping costs. I also read one of his comments that stated shipping costs are based on actual weight, which it's clearly not. That being said, it's clearly not for you to decide that the whole community agrees with you.

Just an general observation to the OP but on your site you may want to elaborate on the condition if it is used. i.e. for games what it comes with (case, cover, manual, etc.) or condition exactly of the product if it an actual product. Personally I will not buy any game that does not include the case, original cover art and manual. The prices are good but more info is needed on the site.

[quote name='drfrielgood']I guess part of me should be surprised that it took this long to start getting flamed on shipping costs. However, they are what they are.[/quote]

Definately not trying to flame you on your shipping. I know nothing about retail, and understand that you need to do what's best for your business. As a consumer when you take a game that is 10 bucks, then are surprised that shipping is going to run 50% of that, it may turn some people away like myself. I'll definately keep an eye on your site.

[quote name='urge26']the words were "not so thrilled", relax. People are allowed to disagree, and you were the one saying "Yeah, just you". I also know he is not forcing people, but if you make that request you should expect some to feel that is spamming. I like the idea this guy has with his website, I also like vendors to price items what they actually cost, it's the reason I don't purchase off Ebay if I don't have to. To be honest with you, I would've purchased forza if he priced it 15 with media mail shipping costs. I also read one of his comments that stated shipping costs are based on actual weight, which it's clearly not. That being said, it's clearly not for you to decide that the whole community agrees with you.[/quote]

I was fine about your post up until I read the last part where you said us, as though you were speaking for the CAG community as a whole. It's funny cuz you accuse me of the same thing even though I never made mention of we or us. I never said the whole community agreed with me. It was you that made it seem as though you spoke for CAG in first post.

So I agree with you 100% to disagree and post on it, I just speak for myself when I say that. :)

Nice deal. I have been looking for this without the Zapper, and your cheap 360 accessories (needed a battery/charge cable) made the shipping pretty reasonable. Thanks!

[quote name='NJMane']Just an general observation to the OP but on your site you may want to elaborate on the condition if it is used. i.e. for games what it comes with (case, cover, manual, etc.) or condition exactly of the product if it an actual product. Personally I will not buy any game that does not include the case, original cover art and manual. The prices are good but more info is needed on the site.[/QUOTE]

Excellent observation, thank you! I thought I had addressed this in the FAQ, but I looked back and saw that I had not. All used games on the site come complete with the original case, artwork, manual, and game disc, unless otherwise noted in the item description. I will be sure to have my designer add this to the FAQ once returns from his vacation in a couple weeks. Thanks for pointing that out!

[quote name='drfrielgood']Excellent observation, thank you! I thought I had addressed this in the FAQ, but I looked back and saw that I had not. All used games on the site come complete with the original case, artwork, manual, and game disc, unless otherwise noted in the item description. I will be sure to have my designer add this to the FAQ once returns from his vacation in a couple weeks. Thanks for pointing that out![/quote]

No problem. Glad I could help. I got you bookmarked in my favorites and will check daily.

[quote name='mrhappi79']I was fine about your post up until I read the last part where you said us, as though you were speaking for the CAG community as a whole. It's funny cuz you accuse me of the same thing even though I never made mention of we or us. I never said the whole community agreed with me. It was you that made it seem as though you spoke for CAG in first post.

So I agree with you 100% to disagree and post on it, I just speak for myself when I say that. :)[/quote]

us can mean me and who I quoted directly, donut.

Suggestion:

Not sure if this was mentioned, but when you add something to the cart, can you put an easy access link to continue shopping? I was puzzled for a sec, until i found the link for the store in the upper header.

BTW, GL with the site. I'll be keeping an eye on it.
-Patwrik

I'm surprised that the shipping costs took that long to get noticed too. I have to say that I miss the days of free shipping from just about everyone online and I was spoiled big time by it as well. But I think CAGs have a penchant for picking on deals that aren't absolutely mind blowing cheap.

There is nothing wrong with the base shipping cost. I was called out on something similar recently and I had demonstrated there was less than a dollar between what I was asking for shipping and what it actually cost me (the way I wanted to do it). There are several really good deals on the site and that is one way to 'neutralize' the shipping cost if that bothers you.

As far as I'm concerned the price is right and I had an instant response to a question. Value and customer service are the two things you strive for in business and I like what I've seen so far.

You may want to add a "Cancel Order" button for those that may need to cancel. I ordered LCT yesterday and didn't realize that you had the Jabra headsets for the PS3. I wanted to cancel my order for LCT and then reorder LCT and the headset to pay $5 shipping for both instead of a 5ver for each order. I emailed you using the link on your site but you never got back to me. It's been like 24 hrs or so since I emailed you. You may just want to get back to people that email you so that you can be praised for having good customer service as well as good prices.

[quote name='cheapbrass']does Link game also include the crossbow shell thingy? or just disk+manuals?[/quote]

What I wanted to know.

^ Its implied in the description that it is the game only.

"Here's a deal for the Legend of Zelda game that came packaged with the Wii Zapper. I know there's a number of people out there that prefer the Nyko gun, which unfortunately doesn't include this game. For you completists, the original cardboard sleeve is included, along with the manual."

[quote name='cheapbrass']does Link game also include the crossbow shell thingy? or just disk+manuals?[/QUOTE]

Game+ sleeve and manual, no shell.

[quote name='QiG']I'm surprised that the shipping costs took that long to get noticed too. I have to say that I miss the days of free shipping from just about everyone online and I was spoiled big time by it as well. But I think CAGs have a penchant for picking on deals that aren't absolutely mind blowing cheap.

There is nothing wrong with the base shipping cost. I was called out on something similar recently and I had demonstrated there was less than a dollar between what I was asking for shipping and what it actually cost me (the way I wanted to do it). There are several really good deals on the site and that is one way to 'neutralize' the shipping cost if that bothers you.

As far as I'm concerned the price is right and I had an instant response to a question. Value and customer service are the two things you strive for in business and I like what I've seen so far.[/quote]

Agree 100%.

[quote name='StarKnightX']You wouldn't happen to have any BLUE wireless 360 controllers would you?[/quote]

Guess we'll take that as a no. How bout pink?

:D

Before my post the Op (a new business owner) replied to shipping cost questions/concerns that his shipping fee was based on "weight" I then offered info based on weight. (the HOT FIRST CLASS SHIPPING thread posted in Other Deals has saved me quite a bit and the CAG shipping wiki guidelines provided excellent advice) and by using the cag link, no gas and limited time is spent when shipping (just print a label, attach it to the package and place it out for your mail carrier to pick-up)
Single game bubble mailers (size 0) are available for 100/$4.xx (less than $.25 each with tax) At the most, I pay $2.75 for bubble mailer/FC shipping with DC. (Thanks to CAG!)
So, I have no issue if a business owner represents a $5 shipping & handling cost upfront instead of it being based on weight.
(PP and Google fees should be budgeted as a percentage of sales and added to your COGs (separate line item) or the banking fees of your P&L, not shipping)

Good Luck on your biz

The shipping thing has been hashed out in the Liongames thread already and I feel this new store at least has some justification for the shipping rates since most of his products are not eligible for media mail rates which bump him into parcel post or priority unless the item is under 13 ounces.

Maybe you could consider a discount on your shipping for game only orders.

I almost bit on the controllers and I still might but I can get a new one for right around $30 shipped and wonder how long these used ones will hold up. For those that order you can toss in a rechargeable battery for $5 and it ships for free since the combined weight is low enough to stay at the lower freight.

Question for the OP..are all the accessory official xbox ones or do you stock Nyko and other brands ie charge cables, batteries etc

[quote name='the_punisher']Guess we'll take that as a no. How bout pink?

:D[/QUOTE]

Already got one , along with a black and a white one.;)
I needed a blue one to complete the set.:)

[quote name='StarKnightX']Already got one , along with a black and a white one.;)
I needed a blue one to complete the set.:)[/QUOTE]

Sorry guys, no blue or pink controllers currently, only black and white!

[quote name='kklems']
Question for the OP..are all the accessory official xbox ones or do you stock Nyko and other brands ie charge cables, batteries etc[/QUOTE]

All the accessories on my site are the official Microsoft brand. I try to stay away from the third-party stuff unless it is a superior product to the first-party offerings.

I haven't bought anything yet, but I must say that I'm impressed with the prices on your site and I wish you good luck. I expect to be making an order one of these days...

[quote name='abilyk']I haven't bought anything yet, but I must say that I'm impressed with the prices on your site and I wish you good luck. I expect to be making an order one of these days...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words and hopefully you can find something you like in the coming days!

My understanding is that they are from the console bundle that had Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2 as pack-in games. I believe it only had one case for the two games. Since he is also selling the headsets from Warhawk and the game from the Wii shooter?, my guess is he buys these bundles at a discount and breaks them up for sale.

As far as some of the complaining about him saying the shipping is based on weight, it seems that it IS based on weight but with a built in minimum to cover a few other transactional costs. i.e. $5 for the first pound and an addition $X for each additional pound. I don't see how him simply saying shipping is based on weight would lead some automatically to assume he is just using the posted USPS rates. The shipping was clearly stated at checkout so I'm not sure how anything was misleading.

Personally, on the first day I passed when the cart told me that to ship my $10 forza would be $5. However, I purchased on the second day when I could purchase Forza for $10, the headset for $10, and the shipping was still $5 (because it was still less than a pound).

The site seems like a good idea. Whether I purchase again depends on how this order goes, how the OP deals with any issues that might arise, and what products/prices actually show up as the new site moves forward. From my experience it is common for deal of the day type sites to start strong to attract attention, but then to fade. The fading usually is based on deal prices. Too low and the site doesn't make enough money (as many start-ups underestimate what theie operating costs are). Too high and people stop checking the site because they never have good enough deals for the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back