9.99 and up games at Gamecrazy!!!

you got to be joking right? Man i got to go back and get island for 10 bucks.... Called up my local stores its 19.99 here MAN i want it for 9.99

[quote name='shipwreck']Looks like a stop by GameCrazy is in order. I'll bite on Amazing Island for $10.[/quote]

Damn, shipwreck you been gone for a while.

[quote name='TomCloud9'][quote name='shipwreck']Looks like a stop by GameCrazy is in order. I'll bite on Amazing Island for $10.[/quote]

Damn, shipwreck you been gone for a while.[/quote]

My work had this site blocked for awhile, but it has now become unblocked by some miracle. I can now participate in full CAG glory again. :D

My Gamecrazy says that Viewtiful JOe is 19.99. But they did say that Shinobi (9.99) is part of the sale as is Thief (14.99) for Xbox.

They said that Amazing Island is 19.99.

I used the store locater and called one but they're being assholes and they just told me some bs. If someone can pick me up a copy of Amazing Island at cost, PM me.

this is why i dont like gamecrazy to buy. They had THUG2 Listed at 19.99 on the wall and sticker on the price on the game. They also had Shining soul for 9.99 but said it rung up at 29.99.... ALL i can figure is the prices havent gone out to all the stores yet... The dude on the phone acted like he had no clue what a flyer was .... I said they are in the flyer and he was like ummmm Flyer :)

post it like that.

I have the same ad and mine says $9.99 and up on it with pics of a few games including VJoe. I called my store and they told me that $9.99 is for a used copy but a new one is $14.99. That sounds about right to me since I have yet to see VJoe for $10 new.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']what's amazing island? i searched for it on ebgames and gamstop's website but found nothing.[/quote]

I've never heard of it buy why is everyone so excited its $10? Is it any good?

Well, the right hand side is cut off, but I can see enough of it to guess that it reads "$9.99 and up", meaning that as long as they have one new game for $9.99, the rest can be priced as high as they want.

the ad says $9.99 and up, so VJ, Amazing Island are prob not $9.99 but $19.99, while a selected few are $9.99. I really wanted VJ for $9.99, but my GC said it was $19.99.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']what's amazing island? i searched for it on ebgames and gamstop's website but found nothing.[/quote]

I've never heard of it buy why is everyone so excited its $10? Is it any good?[/quote]

its kind of like marig pengel where you can create your monster, nintendo power showed some of their creations, (optimus prime samus and a couple others). Its has decent game play and its worth 10

[quote name='tenzor']the ad says $9.99 and up, so VJ, Amazing Island are prob not $9.99 but $19.99, while a selected few are $9.99. I really wanted VJ for $9.99, but my GC said it was $19.99.[/quote]

Yeah, that always happens when they have a section in the ad saying $9.99 and up, those games are usually more than $10 than what they say in the ad.

[quote name='slidecage']this is why i dont like gamecrazy to buy. They had THUG2 Listed at 19.99 on the wall and sticker on the price on the game. They also had Shining soul for 9.99 but said it rung up at 29.99.... ALL i can figure is the prices havent gone out to all the stores yet... The dude on the phone acted like he had no clue what a flyer was .... I said they are in the flyer and he was like ummmm Flyer :)[/quote]Yeah, I've seen both Game Crazy's in Fort Wayne price games wrong a few times, and I've only been there a few times.

I might have to check them out, when I come on friday.

[quote name='dedgeu2']I have the same ad and mine says $9.99 and up on it with pics of a few games including VJoe. I called my store and they told me that $9.99 is for a used copy but a new one is $14.99. That sounds about right to me since I have yet to see VJoe for $10 new.[/quote]

10 for a Used copy of Viewtiful Joe? Thats an awesome deal.

And Samurai T, that is an awesome avatar. Where is it from?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']My Gamecrazy says that Viewtiful JOe is 19.99. But they did say that Shinobi (9.99) is part of the sale as is Thief (14.99) for Xbox.
[/quote]

Are these prices nationwide? Anyone else confirm shinobi?

I managed to go to my local Gamecrazy today. I picked up Mafia, Shinobi, and Fallout so those prices I can confirm and give a guarantee (unless these are YMMV to your area of course) and I thought it would be helpful if we started to compile a list of the games that are part of this sale. Maybe a mod or the OP will add this to original post.

La Pucelle Tactics (PS2)-19.99 (Great deal if you didn't get in on this at the Target deal or one of the others)
Amazing island (GCN)-19.99
Viewtiful Joe (PS2)- 19.99
Shinobi (Ps2)-9.99
Mafia (Xbox)- 9.99
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (PS2) 9.99
Nightshade (PS2)- 12.99
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PS2) - 9.99
Magic the Gathering: Battleground (Xbox) - 14.99
Thief: Deadly Shadows (Xbox) - 12.99/14.99 (I couldn't remember which it was so I put either. Still it's only a two dollar difference but as long as it gives you a range for how much it should cost, I think it is worth it.)

These are all that I can remember but I know that Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GCN), 1080 Avalanche (GCN), Metroid Prime (GCN), Rygar (PS2), and others were apart of the sale. I just cannot remember there prices. I think that FF: CC was 19.99 and 1080 Avalanche and Metroid Prime were both 14.99 if I'm not mistaken but don't qoute me on that one.

be aware that GameCrazy has a 'try before you buy' policy. this is good in the sense that you can try games before you buy, but bad when they re-shrink wrap it, and sell it off as new.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']be aware that GameCrazy has a 'try before you buy' policy. this is good in the sense that you can try games before you buy, but bad when they re-shrink wrap it, and sell it off as new.[/quote]

Very true but their shrink wrapping jobs are kind of obvious.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']what's amazing island? i searched for it on ebgames and gamstop's website but found nothing.[/quote]

it's discontinued, which is why it's not on either site.

can anyone check if Metal Gear Solid Substance for PS2 is $9.99, I remember seeing a gamecrazy post a few weeks ago that listed it at that price. I think I am going to pick up Nightshade for $12.99, and Mafia for $9.99 thanks guys

[quote name='tenzor']can anyone check if Metal Gear Solid Substance for PS2 is $9.99, I remember seeing a gamecrazy post a few weeks ago that listed it at that price. I think I am going to pick up Nightshade for $12.99, and Mafia for $9.99 thanks guys[/quote]

MGS2S has always been 9.99.

[quote name='lain21us']I think these prices are YMMV. At the very least, Thief is still 29.99 around here.[/quote]

I've been to two Gamecrazies so I don't think it is a YMMV type of a deal, but it might be. Most of the time Gamecrazies tend to be universal in price drops/sales.

too bad none of my gamecrazies carry MGS2S in my area either new or used :( I so wanted that game, but I can never find a copy or it is always scratched up.

[quote name='tenzor']can anyone check if Metal Gear Solid Substance for PS2 is $9.99, I remember seeing a gamecrazy post a few weeks ago that listed it at that price. I think I am going to pick up Nightshade for $12.99, and Mafia for $9.99 thanks guys[/quote]

I can confirm that the used version of Substance is $9.99.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']what's amazing island? i searched for it on ebgames and gamstop's website but found nothing.[/quote]

it's discontinued, which is why it's not on either site.[/quote]

thanks rsa. i'll look it up through some review sites :)

I totally forgot my list when I went to GameCrazy last night. I tried to get Thief and Midway Arcade Treasures 2, both for the Xbox, but they were full price. And the ads in store said nothing about those $9.99 and up games. I must wrassle a phone since there's a ton of GameCrazies in my city.

bread's done
Back