Photo
- - - - -

SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

• Please log in to reply
1418 replies to this topic

#391 djbooba

djbooba

Superficial Hitman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:08 AM

When we get to export the PS2 discs to PS3, the library will have about another 200 tracks or so. I know personally that about 100 of those are must haves for me.

#392 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:46 AM

When we get to export the PS2 discs to PS3, the library will have about another 200 tracks or so. I know personally that about 100 of those are must haves for me.

Umm, I'm pretty sure you won't be ripping the PS2 songs to the PS3 hard drive. It just lets you swap disks, which doesn't seem like much more than backwards compatibility to me.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#393 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:39 PM

Umm, I'm pretty sure you won't be ripping the PS2 songs to the PS3 hard drive. It just lets you swap disks, which doesn't seem like much more than backwards compatibility to me.

That correct. The patch will allow SingStar PS2 discs to be swapped as well as the PS3 discs. Nothing goes on your HD. It just means that if you had the SingStar PS2 games you can now enjoy those as well without having to quit and start a new game.
Posted Image

#394 djbooba

djbooba

Superficial Hitman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:50 PM

Same difference to me. I have all the PS2 discs except Pop Vol. 2 right now.

#395 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

Yo, check the fresh flava

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:24 PM

Same difference to me. I have all the PS2 discs except Pop Vol. 2 right now.

Same diff to you, but a last generation approach to others.
Posted Image

#396 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

I wish the new games due out would be on BOTH PS2 and PS3. I do not understand why this is not done - patch or no patch.

And I assume since there is a Disney version of "Sing It" due out that we will see no Disney version of Sing Star (for the kids... ya the kids).

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#397 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:48 AM

Same diff to you, but a last generation approach to others.

Very true... Rock Band 2 does everything right. Why can't Singstar, man? And yeah, they shouldn't be putting out PS2-only discs now, backwards-compatible or not.

-Paul Acevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#398 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:29 PM

Very true... Rock Band 2 does everything right. Why can't Singstar, man? And yeah, they shouldn't be putting out PS2-only discs now, backwards-compatible or not.

PS2 install base is too large to ignore.

#399 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:03 PM

PS2 install base is too large to ignore.

They don't have to ignore them, but of course they could either make PS3 discs for the same products or do the smart thing and sell those PS2 songs on the Sing Store.

-Paul Acevedo

#400 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:36 AM

http://kotaku.com/50...pal-territories

Is there any chance this will come to the USA? DLC??

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#401 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:20 PM

http://kotaku.com/50...pal-territories

Is there any chance this will come to the USA? DLC??

I want this!!! :bomb:

#402 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

Sadly, NA will get left in the cold on that one.

But at least we get SingStar ABBA! /sarcasm

#403 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

How much are songs on PSN?

#404 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

How much are songs on PSN?

$1.49 each.
Posted Image

#405 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:27 PM

I just picked up a ps3 yesterday and singstar. I am very impressed. I like how they have tons of modes. It is nice because you can just play practice and regular karaoke which is what my girlfriend will like. I hope they release more songs soon. I don't really want to buy v2, i hope it is just download content.

#406 icechai

icechai

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:46 AM

I just picked up a ps3 yesterday and singstar. I am very impressed. I like how they have tons of modes. It is nice because you can just play practice and regular karaoke which is what my girlfriend will like. I hope they release more songs soon. I don't really want to buy v2, i hope it is just download content.

hope you're not in the US bc we get screwed with Singstar support (3 wks no update, constant missing updates on the 2 wk standard updates Europe gets, and a lot worse DLC song choice)

#407 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:48 AM

Yeah I am in the US :( is there any way to get other contries DLC? or is it like the 360 where they actually check your location?

#408 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:59 PM

Not sure if this has been posted, but the songs that will appear for the U.S. has been updated:
http://www.singstarg...ore/?filter=NEW

I'm betting the update won't go live until Volume 2 comes out tomorrow.

Unfortunately Morrissey didn't make its way over.

To let everyone know, don't ever expect a UMG song in the store (they want a bit too much and harder to convince music + video in the store, so they can only come to disc releases).
Posted Image

#409 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:24 PM

Sorta blaw, will have to buy v.2 i guess. I really wanted them to make them all downloadable so I can pick and choose.

#410 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:50 PM

And yet another horrible lineup of songs. This has gone beyond no being able to find many songs that I like, this is into not being able to find songs that I've even heard of territory.

*Sigh*

I wish I could possess your positive attitude Mana. Maybe Sony will meet my expectations down the road.
Posted Image

#411 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

If that's it, that's terrible. Sony is starting to piss me off with this SingStar BS. Hell, Rock Band usually releases about 5 songs a week and I want at least half of them. Sony can't even get one right after waiting 3 weeks.

#412 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

Another week of misfortune. Each update or lack thereof makes me want LIPS so much more.

#413 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:32 PM

i would probably pick up like 3 or 4 of them. but i might as well just pick up v.2 at this point.

#414 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:33 PM

Another week of misfortune. Each update or lack thereof makes me want LIPS so much more.

I will be picking up lips as well when it releases. It seems like sony supported the ps2 version pretty good of singstar, hopefully they will pick it up with more songs, because I will buy tons of them.

#415 jonlubbe

jonlubbe

...For Great Justice!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:34 PM

What (beyond another 30 songs) will v2 have over the original game?

#416 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:37 PM

http://ps3.ign.com/a...9/919662p1.html
Review of v.2...pretty much no difference, just new songs. But most of them you can't download so you pretty much have to buy disc. The song list is pretty decent.

#417 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:19 AM

Unfortunately Morrissey didn't make its way over.

BOOOOO

#418 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:10 AM

I count about 11 songs off the vol. 2 disc that I would buy off the SingStore if they were available. So instead of getting about $15 from me through the store, Sony will get nothing since I will *not* buy the disc. I don't want all those songs and I don't want the hassle of switching discs.

And let's not forget that the online social networking content is available for our European friends through a normal web browser while for the U.S. it is only accessible through the game itself. How can I show my non-PS3-owning frineds how much fun I'm having!?
Posted Image

#419 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:40 AM

I'll get vol.2 at some point, because there are at the VERY least 15 songs I want. I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever other songs they have anyway.

#420 weevles

weevles

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:57 AM

I'll pick up vol. 2 at some point when there's a price drop.

I wish the DLC was better, but it's probably easier for Sony to sell artists on being part of the disc as IIRC, they don't make as much money on individual song downloads. Unless they start doing full album downloads of catalog or pushing new albums, I don't see the DLC being much more than really oldie moldie or indie stuff.