Photo
- - - - -

SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

• Please log in to reply
1418 replies to this topic

#1291 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:18 AM

I thought that was part of some other update. It was like that for me when I played it over the weekend. They changed the scoring system a little bit. Renamed some of them such as tone deaf is now sing starter.

#1292 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:34 PM

I thought that was part of some other update. It was like that for me when I played it over the weekend. They changed the scoring system a little bit. Renamed some of them such as tone deaf is now sing starter.

Is the hip hop sections any better on registering?

#1293 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:54 PM

yeah that was all part of the 5.00 update a while back. based on my Tone Loc attempts rap songs still blow chunks. After playing DefJam Rapstar it's really hard to go back to even look at rap songs on SingStar.

Maybe I'll try again and put it up for my Thursday trophy hunting upload.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1294 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:58 PM

Don't know how long it's been in, but you can hit circle at any time to toggle the video feed and the camera feed.

Still no Move support, not even for navigating menus.
Calibration options now allowed for video calibration and manually turning on or off the gray guide that is just ahead of where your pitch appears.

#1295 addone

addone

Ni! Ni! Ni!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

Don't know how long it's been in, but you can hit circle at any time to toggle the video feed and the camera feed.

Thats awesome, now we can have the best of either world at the touch of a button!!!

#1296 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:24 PM

Thats awesome, now we can have the best of either world at the touch of a button!!!

Yeah! Either the blurry original video, or the blurry camera video. I can't wait! ;)

#1297 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:27 AM

I know it wasn't in before E3, because they told me that feature was going in later.

Of course, there was no wireless mic date. But I just manned up and imported them.

#1298 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:57 AM

totally found that by accident as well

hey what happened to voice control? I still see the 'extra' in my list but I can't figure out how to use voice navigation.

and is there a post about doing a UK account. I think I'm going to man up and create a UK account but I need to know how it works and what all. :extreme lazy:

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1299 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

So like, SingStar Dance is imminent and no new blog postings or media lately? No updates? It'd be nice to at least know which songs are geting dance updates etc ...
Posted Image

#1300 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:32 PM

So like, SingStar Dance is imminent and no new blog postings or media lately? No updates? It'd be nice to at least know which songs are geting dance updates etc ...

Well, there are two reviews out.
http://kotaku.com/56...-singstar-dance
http://www.psu.com/S...-a010011-p0.php
Posted Image

#1301 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

so yet again new firmware it says it's prepping for Dance and Guitar? or something like that but far as I'm concerned the big innovation is the return of voice control. thanks very much Studio London?

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1302 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:42 AM

So let me get this straight.

It's released today, but somehow amazon (prime) hasn't shipped my copy out yet.

There's no official blog post saying 'looky here SS Dance has released'.

A quick check of the singstore reveals not only no dance dlc, but no new songs period.

Sad thing is I've heard generally positive things from peeps who've already got their hands on it. :(
Posted Image

#1303 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:05 AM

So let me get this straight.

It's released today, but somehow amazon (prime) hasn't shipped my copy out yet.

There's no official blog post saying 'looky here SS Dance has released'.

A quick check of the singstore reveals not only no dance dlc, but no new songs period.

Sad thing is I've heard generally positive things from peeps who've already got their hands on it. :(

Par for the course I'm afraid. After the uk getting yet another great update last week, and the us getting FOUR songs, I have little hope for ss dance...

#1304 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:58 AM

I'm passing on Singstar Dance for now...I imagine it will be <$20 pretty soon. I guess Singstar Guitar isn't coming here, which is pretty unfortunate because it had decent tracks.

Edited by caedeskhan, 10 November 2010 - 12:35 PM.

#1305 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:31 AM

I'm pretty sure it has to come out at some point, since they added guitar specific trophies after the latest patch was released.

#1306 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:43 PM

Crazy. Amazon has SingStar Dance as 'Usually ships in 5 to 7 weeks'. Should I have have just bought in store?!
Posted Image

#1307 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

I'm pretty sure it has to come out at some point, since they added guitar specific trophies after the latest patch was released.

Maybe, but I don't have much faith in the Singstar team. They could have passed on the US market because of the stiffer competition here from Guitar Hero and Rock Band....obviously the EU has a much bigger Singstar fanbase.

It also doesn't make a whole lot of sense for them to delay the release past this holiday season, unless they had unforseen issues. After all, music game genre is arguably past its peak.

Still, did the US store ever get the Guitar addons?

#1308 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

i'm sure i've seen them.. but maybe it /was/ just the trophies..

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1309 addone

addone

Ni! Ni! Ni!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:03 PM

Crazy. Amazon has SingStar Dance as 'Usually ships in 5 to 7 weeks'. Should I have have just bought in store?!

Doesn't that usually mean orders have greatly exceeded their expectations/stock? :)

#1310 Crinkled

Crinkled

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:02 AM

Hi Guys, I've just bought some Wireless SingStar Microphones and Disney Sing It: Family Hits for my little sister for Christmas. However, I've never bought a SingStar game before. Seeing that I've recently purchased two Move controllers I was thinking that SingStar Dance could be my first entry in to the franchise. But, who here has played it? I have read mixed reviews about the game! E.g the dancing isn't very accurate etc. If you have played it could you let me know if it is decent or not please! Thanks.

#1311 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:06 AM

Hi Guys, I've just bought some Wireless SingStar Microphones and Disney Sing It: Family Hits for my little sister for Christmas. However, I've never bought a SingStar game before. Seeing that I've recently purchased two Move controllers I was thinking that SingStar Dance could be my first entry in to the franchise. But, who here has played it? I have read mixed reviews about the game! E.g the dancing isn't very accurate etc. If you have played it could you let me know if it is decent or not please! Thanks.

Here's a post from the Red Faction Thread with impressions: http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=5038

#1312 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:26 AM

Here's a post from the Red Faction Thread with impressions: http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=5038

Hey, that's me! :applause:
Posted Image

#1313 Crinkled

Crinkled

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

Thanks for pointing to that post, bornrunnin! And thank you, mkernan, for creating it! I read your whole impression, and pretty sure I'll pick it up at some point. Cheers!

EDIT: Just ordered the game for £12.99, after using £5 of my GAME reward points :)

Edited by Crinkled, 11 November 2010 - 08:00 PM.

#1314 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

So I canceled my Amazon order and picked up locally.

Game is pretty much as advertised. Only complaints so far are that i need more room. Both my wife and i are pretty tall and it seemed we were using most of the living room. Also, the lack of any 'dance' songs in the store is inexcusable.
Posted Image

#1315 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

So I canceled my Amazon order and picked up locally.

Game is pretty much as advertised. Only complaints so far are that i need more room. Both my wife and i are pretty tall and it seemed we were using most of the living room. Also, the lack of any 'dance' songs in the store is inexcusable.

So is it all modern pop crap, or what? I'm guessing you won't see many US updates for dance tracks honestly.

Is anyone else finding it sad that both Sony and Microsoft are shitting all over us with a lack of DLC for these games, but Konami and Harmonix are hitting it out of the park week after week with both Def Jam Rapstar and Rock Band?

Def Jam rapstar has had updates week after week since release of some really solid tunes. I know it won't go on forever, but damn. Lips on the other hand is now down to 2 songs per week. Microsoft killed their forum as well during the new site update, so you can't even see what is upcoming for the following month. It just amazes me that all these companies can't support the games properly anymore after release. There are literally THOUSANDS of songs that could be put out and yet, they just sit on them.

#1316 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:12 PM

So is it all modern pop crap, or what? I'm guessing you won't see many US updates for dance tracks honestly.

Are you referring to the Dance tracklist? It was posted a while back and can be found online pretty easily http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1256

#1317 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

Are you referring to the Dance tracklist? It was posted a while back and can be found online pretty easily http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1256

Yeah. I saw that a few months ago. I still imagine that we won't see many true dance tracks that aren't played on the radio however.

#1318 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:32 PM

Is anyone else finding it sad that both Sony and Microsoft are shitting all over us with a lack of DLC for these games, but Konami and Harmonix are hitting it out of the park week after week with both Def Jam Rapstar and Rock Band?

Def Jam rapstar has had updates week after week since release of some really solid tunes. I know it won't go on forever, but damn. Lips on the other hand is now down to 2 songs per week. Microsoft killed their forum as well during the new site update, so you can't even see what is upcoming for the following month. It just amazes me that all these companies can't support the games properly anymore after release. There are literally THOUSANDS of songs that could be put out and yet, they just sit on them.

Yeah, it's pretty sad how Rapstar is showing better support for their game then the support Sony is giving to SingStar here in the US, though for how long Konami will support Rapstar remains to be seen (they're doing a damn good job at it though!).
If the people responsible for SingStar had really put a real effort in trying to get new songs for the game, even if we had to pay a premium for particular songs in the SingStore, I'm pretty sure it would have been a soaring success... With that said, I have low expectations in regards to how well supported SingStar Dance would be. :-?

#1319 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

Did anyone pick up the Disney Sing It: Family Hits game? I know there were a lot of complaints about Singstar Disney never making it over here. This might be a decent replacement.

#1320 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

Did anyone pick up the Disney Sing It: Family Hits game? I know there were a lot of complaints about Singstar Disney never making it over here. This might be a decent replacement.

I'm close to getting Family Hits. I'm near the top of the queue for it on Goozex, so I'm just waiting on getting matched.