Photo
- - - - -

SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

• Please log in to reply
1418 replies to this topic

#1321 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:59 PM

I'm close to getting Family Hits. I'm near the top of the queue for it on Goozex, so I'm just waiting on getting matched.

Not a bad idea, but I can't imagine it being traded that frequently. Unfortunately, the closest Gamestop with a copy is over 20 miles away and it isn't available online.

#1322 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

Maybe, but I don't have much faith in the Singstar team. They could have passed on the US market because of the stiffer competition here from Guitar Hero and Rock Band....obviously the EU has a much bigger Singstar fanbase.

It also doesn't make a whole lot of sense for them to delay the release past this holiday season, unless they had unforseen issues. After all, music game genre is arguably past its peak.

Still, did the US store ever get the Guitar addons?

I did some checking and Singstar Guitar isn't coming here. We should get Guitar addons for the store in the next few weeks though.

#1323 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

i'm so sad about SS Disney but yeah I've been eyeing family hits as a replacement. What's the word on Motown? any chance of that coming over?

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1324 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:30 PM

i'm so sad about SS Disney but yeah I've been eyeing family hits as a replacement. What's the word on Motown? any chance of that coming over?

I don't think Motown will ever come out here (still doesn't make any sense, Motown is a US thing!). Game has been out in the U.K. for a year now, and Sony has been mum about it's release here. I think importing is the only option, or eBay if you're lucky... :/

#1325 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

you know what occurs to me. As much as we like to say we want these music games to be a platform supported by DLC that pretty much never happens. Either you get constant iterations like Guitar Hero and Rock Band or you die out like Lips.

The games always start out like DefJam Rapstar but it never lasts. Singstar somehow manages to give us the mix of the worst of both worlds. Iterative discs and low levels of DLC.

====
So I have a question about UK accounts. When I download UK DLC it shows up like any other DLC that's fine. When I'm online can I upload UK tracks now and see UK songs?

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1326 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:52 AM

Can anyone with ss dance comment if you can just sing only? If so, I'll buy it just for the tracks...

#1327 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:07 AM

Can anyone with ss dance comment if you can just sing only? If so, I'll buy it just for the tracks...

Yes, you can. They're effectively all the same game now, just with different tracks on disc. At least, that's the conclusion I've come to after using SS, SS Dance, and Singstar viewer.

I never realized you could use a PSP to manage a playlist during gameplay. Tried it out the other day and its a pretty brilliant idea.
Posted Image

#1328 evergoo

evergoo

Proud to be Frugal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

November 17th UK Update

Alexandra Burke Hallelujah
Amy Diamond Stay My Baby
Arsenium Rumadai
Cheryl Cole Parachute
David Bowie Ziggy Stardust
Ellie Goulding Guns & Horses
Le Kid Mercy Mercy
Lemar Dance (With U)
Maroon 5 She Will Be Loved
Miike Snow Silvia
Morrissey Irish Blood, English Heart
Mudhoney Good Enough
N-Dubz Ouch
Samantha Fox Touch Me (I Want Your Body)
The Feeling Fill My Little World
The Script Talk You Down
The Shangri Las Leader Of The Pack

In German
Die Moulinettes Herr Rossi Sucht Das Glück
Killerpilze Ich Kann Auch Ohne Dich
Eisblume Eisblumen

In Finish
Eppu Normaali Baarikärpänen

Dance Add On
Bananarama Venus
Billy Ray Cyrus Achy Breaky Heart
Britney Spears Baby One More Time
Cheryl Cole Fight For This Love
Dead or Alive You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
Europe Final Countdown
Gloria Estefan Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
New Kids On The Block Step By Step
Rednex Cotton Eye Joe
The Weather Girls It's Raining Men
Tiffany I Think We're Alone Now
Whitney Houston I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Guitar Add On
Placebo Nancy Boy
Texas Say What You Want

The dance and guitar gameplay which you’ll be able to grab for free from the Extras section, will be available at the same time as the Store Update on 17th November :)

They're pushing me to buy new songs! Genius move on their part.

goo.gif evergoo.png

Recent Game Purchases: X-COM Collection, StreetPass Games Bundle, Fire Emblem: Awakening
Currently Playing: StreetPass Games, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time

My Latest Karaoke Video: Lady Gaga's Just Dance

#1329 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:23 PM

Sadly you can't buy add-ons for the disc songs. But at least you can get guitar/dance without the disc. That's why I love Singstar. 1 single engine.

#1330 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:11 PM

10 new songs for us this week :-

Alexandra Burke - Hallelujah
Arsenium - Rumadai
David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
Lemar - Dance (With U)
Le Kid - Mercy Mercy
Milke Snow - Silvia
Mudhoney - Good Enough
Samantha Fox - Touch Me (I Want Your Body)
The Script - Talk You Down
The Shangri Las - Leader Of The Pack

None of the new songs are dance or guitar capable, but some of the songs already available have been dance/guitar enabled.

Dance :-

Banarama - Venus
Britney Spears - Baby One More Time
Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round (Like A Record)
Europe - Final Countdown
Gloria Estefan - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
New Kids On The Block - Step By Step
Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe
The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men
Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Guitar :-

David Bowie - Jean Genie
The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved
Stereophonics - The Bartender And The Thief
The Stone Roses - She Bangs The Drums
The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition
Wings - Band On The Run
Posted Image

#1331 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:46 AM

I never realized you could use a PSP to manage a playlist during gameplay. Tried it out the other day and its a pretty brilliant idea.

it's great I'm sure. but I wish there was a way to set up a playlist without one. oh well. if that was the worst of my complaints I wouldn't even bring it up.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1332 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:44 PM

The best part of the PSP playlist is changing game modes. So you can pick a song, and then pick HOW to sing it, so you can change from duet to solo easily. It even gives time estimates until when that song will play.

#1333 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:14 PM

At work, I sometimes can get games. I got a copy of Singstar Guitar (PAL). Has this game been localized at all?

Nope, no release here or ever. But it will work just fine.

#1334 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

The best part of the PSP playlist is changing game modes. So you can pick a song, and then pick HOW to sing it, so you can change from duet to solo easily. It even gives time estimates until when that song will play.

are you kidding me? that's awesome. man this sucks. I really want that. I'm gonna head to craigslist and see if I can find a really cheap PSP-1000. It'll work with a 1000 right long as the firmware is current?

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1335 Kanik

Kanik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:27 PM

I enjoy how the lag on the PS-Eye's recording gives the illusion in videos that I'm dancing fluidly. :D

#1336 jonlubbe

jonlubbe

...For Great Justice!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

Good news everyone.

http://blog.us.plays...gs-coming-1215/

Edited by jonlubbe, 13 December 2010 - 06:36 PM.
why was it not a link? oh well, now it is

#1337 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:11 PM

Good news everyone.

http://blog.us.plays...gs-coming-1215/

ZOMG. I will drop $50 easy this week on this. You finally win Singstar...

Spoiler

#1338 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:14 PM

Great timing. I was down to one last song on my UK PSN account.

#1339 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

Finally!!!

#1340 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:59 PM

Wow, this totally made my day... Does this mean that SingStar is no longer dead in the water, at least here in the U.S.? Here's hoping they will make good on that promise for a great 2011! :D

#1341 addone

addone

Ni! Ni! Ni!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

Should mean we have some good times now, with UMG's available tracks...but you know what happens when we assume :(

#1342 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

Wow, this totally made my day... Does this mean that SingStar is no longer dead in the water, at least here in the U.S.? Here's hoping they will make good on that promise for a great 2011! :D

Let's hope, because after the past week's update of 4 obscure songs, I was giving up hope.

#1343 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:09 PM

Should mean we have some good times now, with UMG's available tracks...but you know what happens when we assume :(

The main reason why we didn't get many songs Europe had as because UMG owned some rights. Now that is has been lifted, we can finally get them. Expect MUCH better SingStar updates from now on.

Like I told everyone before, UMG was holding back the U.S.
Posted Image

#1344 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:28 PM

I'm just glad there will be some Dance tracks.

Also, haven't really checked but is there a way to filter by game mode? My wife keeps complaining that she'd just like to see the Dance songs instead of all of them (we have quite a few).

#1345 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

I'm just glad there will be some Dance tracks.

Also, haven't really checked but is there a way to filter by game mode? My wife keeps complaining that she'd just like to see the Dance songs instead of all of them (we have quite a few).

Yeah, in the SingStore, go to 'Song Types' (or something like that), and you can choose whether to see Dance, Guitar, Rap, or Duet songs. :)

#1346 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:50 PM

Yeah, in the SingStore, go to 'Song Types' (or something like that), and you can choose whether to see Dance, Guitar, Rap, or Duet songs. :)

The dance songs are becoming excellent quickly IMO.
Posted Image

#1347 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:06 AM

Oops, I mean't in the actual game. When SingStar Dance is popped in and she's searching thru the songs for one to play she also has to flip thru the non-Dance tracks which can be a pain.

#1348 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:43 AM

One step in the right direction a little too late...

#1349 bendeco45

bendeco45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:16 AM

i haven't played Singstar in months, but a whole bunch of new songs might be enough to suck me back in. thanks for sharing the good news!

#1350 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:30 AM

Lady Gaga, yay!

Rei_no_Otaku.png