20% off coupon for DeepDiscount.com - 06/06/08 to 06/22/08, Extended to 06/29/08

Great, although they raised their shipping prices to Canada so it's not as hot for us as it has been.

Still probably going to make a $100+ order

Hey CheapyD, does that referral link in the "Shop" button at the top of each CAG page work correctly? It still says Deep Discount DVD, so I don't know if it's been updated ever since they changed their name to Deep Discount. Just trying to make sure you get the referral monies, CheapyD.

It usually works with everything on the site with the exception of pre-orders. Sometimes they jack up the prices on certain movies / box sets though prior to the sale.

Sale doesn't start until June 6th.

[quote name='tysontomko']i just tried the code and it said "1. The coupon DDAF has expired"[/quote]

Yup same results here. Wanted to pick up a few dvd's that Im missing.

Aww, I don't get to make the thread this time. Ah well, at least Cheapy got it. Though by the looks of it, you may want to put the date of the sale in the topic.

Tagged for next week. Hopefully I don't spend too much...

I've been apart of this sale for the last two years. I can't wait to build up my blu ray library. The rambo collection is looking pretty good.

I don't think I'll be dropping hundreds of dollars on this sale this time around like I have in the past. Just not as much that I want. I'm sure I'll find one or two things, though. Thanks for the heads up, Cheapy.

Not going to be spending that much this year on this sale, but I'll pick up a few Criterions, and maybe some boxsets I've been eyeing for awhile. Hopefully they don't cancel my order behind my back without telling me or give me other issues. Be sure to watch prices, last year I remember they jacked up prices quite a bit on certain items that actually took away from the deal. Also, Cheapy, please put the date in the title.

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']Thanks Cheapy. And I just bought Das Boot for $40. :bomb: Yeah, I know - it's not the Cheapy way, but I saw it and wanted it.[/quote]

Das Boot has been on sale for $10 (the DC to boot) at BB in the past.

Hmm, well it looks like my anime series I buy while they come out will have to wait a week so as to get the discount (Kanon+ Simoun). Will be a nice little anime bundle most likely with lucky star and strawberry panic 2 added in

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Das Boot has been on sale for $10 (the DC to boot) at BB in the past.[/QUOTE]

:oops: I actually bought two copies of Das Boot: a used copy of the director's cut with commentary for $8, and the newer version with two more hours of footage for $40. I actually have to take the used copy back because it freezes during play.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Not going to be spending that much this year on this sale, but I'll pick up a few Criterions, and maybe some boxsets I've been eyeing for awhile. Hopefully they don't cancel my order behind my back without telling me or give me other issues. Be sure to watch prices, last year I remember they jacked up prices quite a bit on certain items that actually took away from the deal. Also, Cheapy, please put the date in the title.[/QUOTE]

This is good advice. I always wait a few days to see if anyone will match the 20% off. DVD Planet usually does and they end up way cheaper, at least for Criterions.

I guess this is good for DVDs. Even with the discount WHV and Amazon are better for BD titles.
Amazon is running its summer BD thing during this time. I bet you they will lose some customers that buy HD exclusively now(DD not Amazon).

[quote name='Bezerker']Aww, I don't get to make the thread this time. Ah well, at least Cheapy got it. Though by the looks of it, you may want to put the date of the sale in the topic.[/quote]Done into the title.

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']:oops: I actually bought two copies of Das Boot: a used copy of the director's cut with commentary for $8, and the newer version with two more hours of footage for $40. I actually have to take the used copy back because it freezes during play.[/quote]

The one that usually goes for $40/the one with even more footage to it was the one on sale.

Looking at a few HD DVDs & some TV sets, but I'm not gonna go crazy, since their prices aren't as great as they used to be.

[quote name='munch']This is good advice. I always wait a few days to see if anyone will match the 20% off. DVD Planet usually does and they end up way cheaper, at least for Criterions.[/quote]

All true.

Any recommendations this time around munch? I'm thinking about Spirit of the Beehive and maybe something else. Do you still have your dvds on dvdafficianado (sp)?

Will probably just buy Planet Earth - The Complete BBC Series (my first BR) since I've been looking for something worthwhile to buy and show off. It'll also be a great b-day gift for my gf, who is enamored with nature and animals.

Nevertheless, most of the BRs are still too expensive and the ones that are cheap are either crappy movies (IMO) or lack features compared to their dvd counterparts.

[quote name='CheapyD']Just got this email...[/QUOTE]
I can't get the page to load with Firefox. It sits at "Loading...". Could be the browser blocking some javascript.

I tried it in IE, but then it just redirects to deepdiscount.com, without the referral ID in the URL. Is that correct?

I mean, if folks are going to be dropping $100, I just want to make sure you get the credits.

I guess the third option is that "DDAF" is the CAG code and you always get credit when we use that code. Maybe that's it?

Crap...there are several Blu-rays I want that come out on June 3rd, but DeepDiscount will probably jack up the price by then, minimizing the total discount. I don't want to risk it, so I'll play it safe and stick with my pre-order through Amazon. During the sale period, there are only 2 new Blu-ray releases on my wish list...bummer. I may pick up some catalog titles, as well, but I really would have gotten much more use out of this sale if it was in May or July. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but still...

Even with 20% off Blu-rays are still cheaper when BB/Amazon/etc. do sales like 2/$30. There was a time when the DD sale was cause for great celebration and spending. Not anymore.

Awesome. I will be using this on the second Devil May Cry DVD, which, until moments ago, I had no idea had been released already.

If anyone knows, could someone tell me if there's a difference between this DVD and this one? They're both "Level-2", but the cases are different. Is this just a collectors thing? Or is there an actual difference in the DVDs?

I REAAAAALLY wish Salo was released during the sale window. Their 18 dollar price tag (off of the 40 dollar retail price) would've really hit the spot.

[quote name='o2012o']I REAAAAALLY wish Salo was released during the sale window. Their 18 dollar price tag (off of the 40 dollar retail price) would've really hit the spot.[/quote]

Same here. I thought Salo was supposed to have come out in June, but I guess I was wrong, or Criterion pushed it back. I have been wanting to see it forever.

bread's done
Back