[OOS] Mortal Kombat: Deception Premium Pack $9 Shipped PO at ebgames.com

First off it says 12.99 on there. Did you mean 9 dollars AC or something.

Second, is this a type? I'd expect it to be worth more than that,

Just as a heads up you will more than likely get just the Premiunm Disc and not MK:D. I saw it marked at the same price in store.

I'm waiting for eb to do the same with DBZ Budokai 3 Collecor's edition.

heres my take on the deal:

i am almost sure its an error. that being said, they only had like 5 in stock, so i dont know if eb will make a big fuss over 5 games.
so we could be in luck and get our games shipped. either way, no harm in trying

Whoa .. got mine before they removed it. This better be the real thing and not just the bonus disk. If it is the bonus I can return it right?

It had better not just be the bonus disc.. The description was exactly the same as the description of the new copy that you can still check out on the site.

[quote name='rockhero']It had better not just be the bonus disc.. The description was exactly the same as the description of the new copy that you can still check out on the site.[/quote]

exactly, if it is the bonus disc im sure heads will roll.

Well the thing is if it was the bonus disk then why did they have price for new copy 60 dollars. Besides, it said in description that it includes deception plus all bonuses. If I receive a bonus disk they're gonna get a phone call from me.

[quote name='Vicious']If I receive a bonus disk they're gonna get a phone call from me.[/quote]

OOOOOOOOOH........scary. I'm sure the man in the suit worth more than your life will care.

[quote name='Vicious']Well the thing is if it was the bonus disk then why did they have price for new copy 60 dollars. Besides, it said in description that it includes deception plus all bonuses. If I receive a bonus disk they're gonna get a phone call from me.[/quote]

Correct... I'm keeping my finger's crossed..

It wasn't on this morning. I checked low prices on all systems and didn't see it. I guess it just popped up. Glad I got my order in .. even though I didn't have time to use my edge card number, still 15 percent off and free shipping is not bad.

[quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='Vicious']If I receive a bonus disk they're gonna get a phone call from me.[/quote]

OOOOOOOOOH........scary. I'm sure the man in the suit worth more than your life will care.[/quote]

Did you miss this or something? You seem pretty pissed off. Either way, you don't see me tell off other members on the board with no reason whatsoever.

What I was trying to say, that on the page they had both prices for new and used. New being 59.99 .. and in the detailed description it clearly said that it includes mortal kombat deception plus a bunch of listed bonuses. So if they send me a bonus disk.. that's pretty much misrepresantation of a product and I have the right to return it.

[quote name='Vicious'][quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='Vicious']If I receive a bonus disk they're gonna get a phone call from me.[/quote]

OOOOOOOOOH........scary. I'm sure the man in the suit worth more than your life will care.[/quote]

Did you miss this or something? You seem pretty pissed off. Either way, you don't see me tell off other members on the board with no reason whatsoever.

What I was trying to say, that on the page they had both prices for new and used. New being 59.99 .. and in the detailed description it clearly said that it includes mortal kombat deception plus a bunch of listed bonuses. So if they send me a bonus disk.. that's pretty much misrepresantation of a product and I have the right to return it.[/quote]

Nobody's questioning your right to return it, I just wouldn't get upset with them over it when it clearly isn't the correct price for that product. But I do hope everyone gets the complete game. I have no problem with them making mistakes and people capitalizing off of it, just try not to be angry about it, which is what I think some people are interpreting your original post as.

I don't understand how it could be just the bonus disc. It says "Premium Pack" which isn't just the bonus disc.

[quote name='Trakan']I don't understand how it could be just the bonus disc. It says "Premium Pack" which isn't just the bonus disc.[/quote]
I don't understand how you don't understand. The game costs $60. The bonus disc costs $9. The game used without the bonus disc costs $45. Do you honestly think you'll get a $50 game for $12?

The "premium pack" IS the bonus disc without the game. On the new premium pack version, it states that it includes the standard MK Deception, the used version doesn't say that.

[quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='Trakan']I don't understand how it could be just the bonus disc. It says "Premium Pack" which isn't just the bonus disc.[/quote]
I don't understand how you don't understand. The game costs $60. The bonus disc costs $9. The game used without the bonus disc costs $45. Do you honestly think you'll get a $50 game for $12?

The "premium pack" IS the bonus disc without the game. On the new premium pack version, it states that it includes the standard MK Deception, the used version doesn't say that.[/quote]

I honestly thought that is was a pricing error. I didn't get to look at the description myself, but someone else did say the description was exactly the same as the new Premium Pack. I have never seen the "Premium Pack" new with just the bonus disc before and no Deception, as you're saying that's actually what it is. The Premium Pack is both Deception and the bonus disc together. I've read the back of the box the two games come in. It says "Premium Pack includes an additional disc with..." The Premium Pack is not just the bonus disc, it's both of the discs together.

I don't want the game, so it's not like I'm mad I didn't get "in" on it.

As others have stated this is bonus disc only since thats the price they sell it for in store. Just cancel your order if it hasnt shipped though or return it in store when it comes in(be glad this wasnt a gamestop.com order)

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='Trakan']I don't understand how it could be just the bonus disc. It says "Premium Pack" which isn't just the bonus disc.[/quote]

The "premium pack" IS the bonus disc without the game. On the new premium pack version, it states that it includes the standard MK Deception, the used version doesn't say that.[/quote]

I honestly thought that is was a pricing error. I didn't get to look at the description myself, but someone else did say the description was exactly the same as the new Premium Pack. I have never seen the "Premium Pack" new with just the bonus disc before and no Deception, as you're saying that's actually what it is. The Premium Pack is both Deception and the bonus disc together. I've read the back of the box the two games come in. It says "Premium Pack includes an additional disc with..." The Premium Pack is not just the bonus disc, it's both of the discs together.

I don't want the game, so it's not like I'm mad I didn't get "in" on it.[/quote]
As long as you're not angry, some people will get mad when a store doesn't pay them to shop there. I know somebody in this thread will get the bonus disc with no game and get pissed at EB though.

[quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='Trakan']I don't understand how it could be just the bonus disc. It says "Premium Pack" which isn't just the bonus disc.[/quote]

I don't want the game, so it's not like I'm mad I didn't get "in" on it.[/quote]
As long as you're not angry, some people will get mad when a store doesn't pay them to shop there. I know somebody in this thread will get the bonus disc with no game and get pissed at EB though.[/quote]

Yeah, I know and figured that some people would consider what I said as me being angry I didn't get in on it. Yeah, somebody will get pissed, but like somebody said, just return it in store or cancel your order now. dafoomie, I'm sorry if I came off sounding rude.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='Trakan']I don't understand how it could be just the bonus disc. It says "Premium Pack" which isn't just the bonus disc.[/quote]

As long as you're not angry, some people will get mad when a store doesn't pay them to shop there. I know somebody in this thread will get the bonus disc with no game and get pissed at EB though.[/quote]

Yeah, I know and figured that some people would consider what I said as me being angry I didn't get in on it. Yeah, somebody will get pissed, but like somebody said, just return it in store or cancel your order now. dafoomie, I'm sorry if I came off sounding rude.[/quote]
I'm sorry, I was rude.

But, they can still buy the game for $33.74, match it up with the bonus disc for $9, and have a premium pack for $43. Still not a terrible deal.

heres the thing:

the website said it was the game and bonus disc.
it had the exact same description as the full new version.

if they cancel my order on a price mistake, thats fine, they have every right to, but if they charge me and ship my order, it better be the full version, because thats what i bought.

[quote name='Slimeyface']so yeah what the heck is on the bonus disk anyway? :p[/quote]

Arcade perfect MK1.

ok let me get a couple of things clear here. First things first, I am not angry about the deal. I am angry about the fact that some people think they can just come in, quote me, and talk smack without me even looking their way.

- Another thing to dafoomie. You mentioned something about the description not saying that Mk:DD is included. I read the description twice before ordering.... needless to say it was exactly the same as this one:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244840.asp

I quote:

Includes the standard Mortal Kombat: Deception, plus these bonus features:
Special Edition Packaging
An “arcade perfect” version of Mortal Kombat 1
Comprehensive “The History of Mortal Kombat” from inception through MK: Deception
Additional 15 character video bios (25 total)
Serialized Limited Edition Sub-Zero metal trading card

End quote

- Also .. the item had both new and used price. It was 60 dollars new and 12.99 used. So obviously they are the same.

Finally, and this should remove all doubt, I called up customer service and spent 20 minutes talking to them. These will be honored and I am getting a fully copy of the game.

End of story

Another little update from when talking to them.

They said that this is just the preplayed version from the game and not the bonus disk only. They said that EB online is pretty much a separate company from EB stores and prices can be different. So the fact that the bonus disk sells at the stores for 12.99 has nothing to do with it. They also said that some copies are on backorder and are gonna be in line for fullfillment. However, my copy is scheduled for shipment tomorrow.

So if you got it on it .. remove all doubt. You are getting the full version of the game :D

[quote name='Vicious']
So if you got it on it .. remove all doubt. You are getting the full version of the game :D[/quote]

Hey, are you interested in a bridge I have for sale?

bread's done
Back