Photo
- - - - -

CAGplay Forecast #1: That's a Terrible Name

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 kiddvid

kiddvid

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:06 AM

I am getting more of a pasta vibe from you Wombat.

#92 blackmilk

blackmilk

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:18 AM

Fusilli Wombat!

#93 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:30 AM

Shipwreck is spaghetti since he has a yellowish white color and has a red head (sauuuuce) and wombat is good but too much can give you a brain freeze

case closed...so whens cagforecast #2 coming?

1xz7eo.gif

#94 zengonzo

zengonzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:55 PM

I would not.

You prefer to have him plain, don't want to spoil the flavor - I understand.

#95 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:45 PM

As much as I love the slightly awkward chemistry between Ship and Wombat, I'm wondering when we're going to have a real CAG Foreplay. And a CAGcast for that matter. Is Cheapy going to be ready to record this weekend? Does Wombat have any hard feelings for his co-host? Will the Shipwrecks continue the podcast draught? Find out next time on.... Cheap! Ass! Gamer!!!!! :lol:

11317.png

#96 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:36 PM

the three click golfing you said was new is in fact not new.. it was introduced in '08.. the new things in this are the new rating systems, new coaching, different challenge setup and more courses.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mario kart Wii Code - 4597-0827-2394

#97 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:11 PM

Not a bad show, guys. You two have good chemistry, but are probably are a bit too much on the same wavelength. You need a Cheapy or Mrs Ship as a foil. And they're the ones normally keeping the show on track. I don't remember anyone ever saying "Moving on..." in this podcast.

Ship, I can't believe you put so much time into Too Human, and have yet to dive into Soul Calibur 4 and Unreal Tourney 3... games which you kept going on and on about how big a fan of the series you are. You've now missed the "hot new release" window and will HAVE to wait for a price drop to pick them up. No one pays full price for a month old game. At least not anyone allowed on these forums.

I was also surprised at your surprise that Target wouldn't sell you Mercenaries early. From what I've been told, Target kept getting in trouble for breaking street dates and has been punished by having their own street dates often pushed back a day. That's why you'll see Wednesday release dates in their ads when other stores advertise Tuesdays. I think they implimented the register lock-out to prevent future instances and hopefully get back in the good graces of game companies. Besides, all stores get street date merchendise early. Sometimes even a couple weeks early. You'd have to be pretty angry at a store to trust FedEx to ship your game to arrive at the exact date.

I miss normal CAG Foreplay. And CAGcast. Anything. Please?

#98 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:05 PM

finally caught up with the show. ah, i love when Wombat and Shippy team up. but i'm not really sure about the whole fantasy football discussion.

Castle Crashers is awesome and you guys should get it now~

btw, i think Wombat is like caramel and Shippy is peppermint.

Edited by LiK, 04 September 2008 - 03:26 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#99 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

btw, i think Wombat is like caramel and Shippy is peppermint.

I think it's more like Wombat is the peppermint, Shipwreck is the vanilla ice cream, and CheapyD is the chocolate syrup oozing seductively over the both of them...

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#100 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:57 PM

I miss normal CAG Foreplay. And CAGcast. Anything. Please?

We'll have a new CAG Foreplay out late tonight/early tomorrow.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#101 Panther1484

Panther1484

Hail to Pitt!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:16 AM

We'll have a new CAG Foreplay out late tonight/early tomorrow.

Awesome news Ship.

And nice to see the Reds avoided the irrelevent sweep y the Pirates today.

BTW, in Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball, the ninjas win all the time. Just like in real life... ;)

#102 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

OMG I practically crash my car when Wombat talks about comics with Cheapy around, it's so horrible. Now the Fantasy Football? Imagine, if you don't watch football and don't participate in Fantasy Football how horrible it must be to listen to? I think you guys would have had to leap out of my ipod and fellate me in order to make up for the Fantasy Football and Comic chatter coming out of this podcast. I couldn't recover, I turned off this podcast halfway through. A videogame podcast should include only the topics to include: toileting, nude Americans getting jailed in Japan, pizza, not having sex with your wife, attempting to have sex with your wife, and video games. See, fantasy football and comic books not included.

I really like hearing Ship and Wombat in their native podcasts, but together it's like sidekick suicide. Cheapy keeps the show moving, without him I feel like things just sputter. I sentence you each to a few weeks of Stern shows to get the feel for what a well paced radio show should sound like- one where the host realizes he has an audience. Clearly Cheapy takes Stern to heart.

I love how Wombat went from mildly distracted single guy (my wife and I consider anyone without kids to be single) to accusing Shipwreck of having more time than Jesus. A classic new parent sentiment. "I don't even have time to take a shower." The little f'ers keep you busy, huh? Busy wiping ass!

#103 PawnTakesKing

PawnTakesKing

The Analytical Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:44 PM

Shipwreck is awesome and Wombat relishes the "Guy You Love to Hate" role but I have to say the following rule should apply when Cheapy is gone: No Cheapy should = No Podcast. You two had about as much chemistry as President Bush's senior year in college. I like spaghetti, I like ice cream, I don't like spaghetti ice cream. Your own podcast shows are where you belong. Only Cheapy can bring forth the magic and unite the two clans. Until that day shall the airwaves remain silent.

Remember.

No.
Posted Image