UTAH CAGs Official Thread

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#31 negid

negid

Say what?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

Well there is always plenty of good ski places to go ski or snowboard. There is also Anetelope Island which is an island out in the Great Salt Lake that you can get to from Antelope Drive in the Layton area. It is actually a state park and they have buffalo heards. You can also check out the Clark Planetarium and the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake City. The Gateway is one of those fancy new outdoors type malls. If you head south past Salt Lake and toward Orem there is Thanksgiving point which has an Imax theater and one of the coolest dinousaur museums ever. Also if you are into game shopping check out FatFin.com and look up some locations to go check out some Graywhale Media stores which are pretty cool for new and retro games. Speaking of retrogames if you have time you absolutely must go to Logan (about an hour north of Ogden) where you need to go to the Cache Valley Mall and check out Fun Unlimited which is without a doubt the coolest video game store and arcade in Utah. A huge store with wall to wall games from EVERY system ever released. A little pricey but they got everything there.

Thanks for the info, I might have to look up that Fun Unlimited and make a run up there.

Posted Image

#32 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:09 PM

Alright, which one of you retrobates bought all 8 (6 bundles, 2 game only) copies of Singstar Vol 2 from the Toys R Us in Midvale?

I was behind you by ten minutes.

#33 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:50 AM

I'm in Eagle Mountain. See if we can get this thread moving again. :)

Shafnitz.png

#34 jaysapathy

jaysapathy

Drama Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

Eagle Mountain? My condolances. 20 miles away from any kind of real civilization.. That hurts. No wonder you're a gamer, there's nothing else out there to do.
When your signature is bigger than the message you just posted, it's time to reevaluate things, people.

The wife and I have a running blog on our gaming finds: http://curse.arrogantloudmouth.com/

#35 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

Eagle Mountain? My condolances. 20 miles away from any kind of real civilization.. That hurts. No wonder you're a gamer, there's nothing else out there to do.

Not quite. We're in The Ranches, which is actually nowhere near EM proper. We're only 10 miles from Lehi.

Shafnitz.png

#36 Faithful

Faithful

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:36 AM

My brother lives in the Ranches. Nice little area, and not that far from civilization now that Wal-Mart is just down the hill.

Anyhow, spotted a Rock Revolution for PS3 at the Kmart on 90th and 1500 W Today, tagged as clearance at $17. I would have picked it up if it was for Xbox. They did not have much else I was interested in. They were out of the DDR Universe 3 kit that I was looking for, and also out of Blue Dragon which I was hoping to score.

Also hit up Sears at Fashion Place but didn't see much there. Anyone ever check them out for their clearance stuff? That place looked way to nice and neat to find any good clearance deals.

#37 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:39 AM

My brother lives in the Ranches. Nice little area, and not that far from civilization now that Wal-Mart is just down the hill.

Anyhow, spotted a Rock Revolution for PS3 at the Kmart on 90th and 1500 W Today, tagged as clearance at $17. I would have picked it up if it was for Xbox. They did not have much else I was interested in. They were out of the DDR Universe 3 kit that I was looking for, and also out of Blue Dragon which I was hoping to score.

Also hit up Sears at Fashion Place but didn't see much there. Anyone ever check them out for their clearance stuff? That place looked way to nice and neat to find any good clearance deals.

I picked up the last copy of Heavenly Sword and Buzz! Quiz TV in mid-May. Last time I was there was to attempt a price match on the Singstar Vol 2 bundle with TRU, but they wouldn't call TRU and insisted that the online price was what they could match.

Still, they had a load of copies of Spiderman Web of Shadows, Oblivion GOTY (rang up $24.99), and four or five each of the Guitar Hero III and Aerosmith bundles.

#38 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:48 AM

How much is Buzz? My Kmart has a few copies of it.

#39 Faithful

Faithful

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:09 AM

I checked Oblivion GOTY and it scanned at whatever the tagged price was (think it was $29 or $39), since I've been looking for it and was hoping to get lucky on it. They were out of all their clearance GH bundles except for the PS2. I already have 2 guitars but would have picked it up had I found it.

Any other thoughts on good places to pick up some games? I was hoping to get some games through the Blockbuster sale starting tomorrow but the 2 stores I went to had terrible stock on Xbox games.

#40 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:34 AM

I've had much less luck here in the Salt Lake Valley than I did in Logan. jaysapathy knows all the good haunts though!

#41 Faithful

Faithful

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:23 AM

Checked the Blockbuster on 70th and Redwood tonight and they had hardly anything. They did have a 007 QoS but was priced at $19.99 (think I saw it $14.99 at the 6200 Store).

Hit the Target right there and they were completely out of L4D (including the GOTY edition). Nothing too exciting in the clearance section - just the usual stuff.

Picked up the last Viva Pinata Party Animals at Sears. My wife seemed to get a kick out of it.

I'm off for a few days for the holiday later this week, I need to check out some stores that aren't on my way home from work and get a feeling of how they are stocked. Hoping to bump into a cheap copy of Eternal Sonata or Blue Dragon.

#42 Faithful

Faithful

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:08 PM

Well had some good luck today, picked up DDR Universe 3 for Xbox at Kmart today for $12. They had 2 at the 5400 S. and Redwood store. The woman that rang it up sounded surprised at the price. I left 1 so hopefully one of you guys can score it. Spotted another Rock Revolution kit for PS3 as well there. No luck on any other decent clearance games.

Hit up a few more stores as well. Sears did not have any July tagged clearance items yet and didn't notice any price changes. I did pick up GH3 for Xbox for $2.97 at the Fashion Place store (not sure how I missed that a few days ago). Checked TRU at Valley Fair and their clearance was pretty bad. Also checked the Ft. Union Target and again no Lips or L4D, so pretty sure that's all the Targets in the SL valley I've checked.

#43 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:33 AM

Well had some good luck today, picked up DDR Universe 3 for Xbox at Kmart today for $12. They had 2 at the 5400 S. and Redwood store. The woman that rang it up sounded surprised at the price. I left 1 so hopefully one of you guys can score it. Spotted another Rock Revolution kit for PS3 as well there. No luck on any other decent clearance games.

Hit up a few more stores as well. Sears did not have any July tagged clearance items yet and didn't notice any price changes. I did pick up GH3 for Xbox for $2.97 at the Fashion Place store (not sure how I missed that a few days ago). Checked TRU at Valley Fair and their clearance was pretty bad. Also checked the Ft. Union Target and again no Lips or L4D, so pretty sure that's all the Targets in the SL valley I've checked.

Nothing over at the Jordan Landing Sears either. My wife stopped in earlier today.

#44 Faithful

Faithful

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

Any good finds this week? Work's been kickin my butt so haven't been out to take a look, hopefully can get out tomorrow and check at least Target.

#45 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

The Gamestop sale is pretty solid. Haven't had any luck with drops at Target yet, though.

Shafnitz.png

#46 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:26 AM

Any good finds this week? Work's been kickin my butt so haven't been out to take a look, hopefully can get out tomorrow and check at least Target.

I stopped in at the Fort Union Target today. They had one copy of :360: Afro Samurai ($14.97) and a lot of :360: Ninja Blade ($19.97). There were also a few copies of :ps3: Guitar Hero World Tour ($14.97) and a load of DS Imagination games.

If you haven't been there recently, the electronics section is completely remodeled. The games clearance is now right near the entrance, about three shelfs in on the back. If you go to the wall of kids dvds and turn around you'll see them.

#47 Faithful

Faithful

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:23 AM

Anyone check out any local Hollywood Videos for the $4.99 deal going on? Find anything?

#48 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:11 AM

Anyone check out any local Hollywood Videos for the $4.99 deal going on? Find anything?

Was waiting until payday. I'm gonna check the one in American Fork tomorrow.

Shafnitz.png

#49 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

Turns out the American Fork Hollywood has a Game Crazy, so no sale there. Obviously I don't visit HWV very often, because I had no idea. So I hit up the Pleasant Grove and Orem locations. I was only looking at 360 games, so this all pertains to that console. Not much at all in PG. Honestly, I think they maybe had 10 games total. Orem had quite a bit more, but nothing too spectacular. Some old Maddens, NBA Street Homecourt. One co-worker picked up Splinter Cell:DA. Another was going to get Far Cry 2, but the disc was missing from the case and it was the last copy they had.
My score had nothing to do with the sale. Behind the glass they had a single, new Assassin's Creed Limited Edition for $30. I couldn't resist. No idea why this was still floating around.

Shafnitz.png

#50 jaysapathy

jaysapathy

Drama Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

Orem? Oh, now you're treading on my turf. My Spidey Sense was tingling!

But yes, they've actually got 4 of those behind the counter. I bought one last week, brand new compass and all.
When your signature is bigger than the message you just posted, it's time to reevaluate things, people.

The wife and I have a running blog on our gaming finds: http://curse.arrogantloudmouth.com/

#51 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:51 PM

Orem? Oh, now you're treading on my turf. My Spidey Sense was tingling!

I don't typically go to Orem very often for anything. This was mostly because me and my co-workers were so disappointed in the 10 games they had in Pleasant Grove. So I shouldn't be stepping on your toes too much. :) Since it's your area, though, what's up with the Orem Target's clearance section. It seems to have disappeared.

But yes, they've actually got 4 of those behind the counter. I bought one last week, brand new compass and all.

Are you saying they have 4 more Assassin's Creeds behind the counter? I'll have to tell my buddy that lives in Orem. He'll be stoked that I didn't get the last one.

Shafnitz.png

#52 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

P.S. I hit the AF Target once or twice a week. If you want me to keep my eyes open for any clearance games to hit a certain price, PM me and I'll help you out.

Shafnitz.png

#53 jaysapathy

jaysapathy

Drama Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

P.S. I hit the AF Target once or twice a week. If you want me to keep my eyes open for any clearance games to hit a certain price, PM me and I'll help you out.

I'm more interested in why Lindsay the Hollywood Video Manager would be telling me you bought ~$100+ in games during your 3-4 trips there..

#54 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

I'm more interested in why Lindsay the Hollywood Video Manager would be telling me you bought ~$100+ in games during your 3-4 trips there..

That's not me. The only thing I bought at the Orem store was the AC: Limited Edition. I don't have that kind of money to buy video games. My wife would kill me. On top of that, I've only been to that store once in my life. I realize everyone's touchy about hoarding, but you've got the wrong guy.

Shafnitz.png

#55 jaysapathy

jaysapathy

Drama Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

That's not me. The only thing I bought at the Orem store was the AC: Limited Edition. I don't have that kind of money to buy video games. My wife would kill me. On top of that, I've only been to that store once in my life. I realize everyone's touchy about hoarding, but you've got the wrong guy.

You don't sound like an Asian, either. Apparently, someone from the CAG boards hit every HV in Utah, from north to south, and spent close to a thousand dollars. Insane.

#56 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:21 PM

You don't sound like an Asian, either. Apparently, someone from the CAG boards hit every HV in Utah, from north to south, and spent close to a thousand dollars. Insane.

Yeah, not only do I not have the money for that, I don't have the time. Orem is about as "out of the way" I as go, and I work in AF.

Shafnitz.png

#57 Faithful

Faithful

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

Wow thats insane. Guess I'm kinda glad I didn't even bother checking out this sale. Disappointing really, means that there is some crazy hoader in the area who has the money to really mess up my game hunting.

#58 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

So I totally thought someone cleaned out the Pleasant Grove HWV. Just went there to see if they had restocked and the 360 shelf was empty except for 3 or 4 $34.99 games. Turns out they had moved everything to the table near the entrance and it was the same stuff I saw on Friday.
While I was out I checked the A.F. Target for any clearance drops. Picked up :360: 50 Cent: BotS for $14.98. Nothing else for the 360 has dropped in almost 2 months. I was tempted to get in on the B1G1 50% off sale, but couldn't really justify it.

Shafnitz.png

#59 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:06 PM

Has anyone made a run through the various Big Lots for the DVD boxsets and anime? I checked the West Jordan and Midvale locations about two weeks ago and didn't see anything.

#60 Kent K25

Kent K25

MTB Mamba

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:11 AM

If it's something you want bad enough PM me a list of what you're looking for and I can check the Big Lots here in St. George. Just pay me back plus shipping.

Posted Image