Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #150: Shipwreck Hates PS3, Killzone 2, and You!

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#331 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:35 AM

Love the show! As a mailman walking around all day everyday stepping in dog poop, I was really hoping for more poop talk this week. The farts will do, but I need more poop!

Edited by Kezmer, 25 February 2009 - 12:38 AM.

#332 bigtymer

bigtymer

High End Space Cop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

So I started watching the show "Burn Notice" on the recommendation of Wombat. I am about halfway through the first season, it is a good show, but I hate how Mike the main character calls the girl "Fi" for Fiona, it sounds so contrived as a play for familiarity. But other than that it's good, it's like the inverse of Chuck, a spy is helping amateurs instead of an amateur helping spies.

#333 sinewav

sinewav

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

To Wombat.
I believe the actor you spoke with was Mark Sheppard, I knew it just by the number of episodes of Firefly and Battlestar Galactica he acted in. I'm actually a little disappointed that you didn't recognise him, I am a massive Firefly fan.

CheapyD I remember you said you have been watching a bit of Battlestar, he portrayed the lawyer who defended Baltar.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Mark_Sheppard

As a huge Battlestar Galactica fan (just look at my avatar) I must say Wombat I am also disappointed that you did not recognize this actor, especially since among BSG and Firefly he's also appeared in your show, Burn Notice:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0791968/

He's also in other new shows like Leverage and his TV credits list is not short. While his attitude was douchy considering you met him at a COMIC-CON it can be considered surprising that you didn't recognize him. Also his douchy behavior does not justify you talking about him like a douche.

#334 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

As a huge Battlestar Galactica fan (just look at my avatar) I must say Wombat I am also disappointed that you did not recognize this actor, especially since among BSG and Firefly he's also appeared in your show, Burn Notice:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0791968/

He's also in other new shows like Leverage and his TV credits list is not short. While his attitude was douchy considering you met him at a COMIC-CON it can be considered surprising that you didn't recognize him. Also his douchy behavior does not justify you talking about him like a douche.

He appeared on Burn Notice the week after the Comic Con, other wise I would have recognized him. And if doesn't like the way I talked about him, he is more then welcome to come on the CAGcast and insult me for as long as he'd like

#335 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

Wombat you should of met Claudio from Coheed :/

Wombat ever planned to go to San Diego Comic Con?

1xz7eo.gif

#336 KingCrow02

KingCrow02

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

Watch out now!! Cheapy D, Wombat and... Shipwreck all in one show. Great show and keep it up.
P.S. Can't we all get along... let a Playstation 3 into your heart.\\:D/
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

#337 Hbomb5

Hbomb5

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

He appeared on Burn Notice the week after the Comic Con, other wise I would have recognized him. And if doesn't like the way I talked about him, he is more then welcome to come on the CAGcast and insult me for as long as he'd like

He was also on Friday's "Dollhouse".
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Cheapy's chops, and hating on Jack White. (Blue Orchid sucks!)

Hblog- http://hbombgames.com
The Internet's newest home for gaming news, reviews, commentary, and community.

I am NOT on the glue!

#338 DreadMech

DreadMech

is the infamous Takamofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:32 PM

Cheapy if you want a good TV show watch Lost.
XBL Gamertag: Takamofo / PSN: DaftGT

#339 Jonman

Jonman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:47 PM

Hey Cheapy,
Here's an idea for the 2009 Cheapy awards. Get SuperProgrammerJohn to randomize the order that the options are presented to the user for voting. Why? I believe that there's a statistical bias for the reader to vote on things near the top of the list than the bottom. Could be wrong, but there you go.
Now, tell Wombat to send me that copy of Nuts'n'Bolts.

#340 sinewav

sinewav

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

I'm not wishing the wrath of God on you or anything close I just wish things didn't end up the way they did between you and Mark Sheppard. Given your situation (and the crappy timing with Burn Notice) I can see you not liking the guy. I guess I wish I were in your shoes if only for that moment as I would have been totally stoked to meet him in person.

#341 Jonman

Jonman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:19 AM

I'll tell you who the target audience for Edge is. People who want to read mature commentary on videogames, instead of puerile rubbish, like
"Graphics are really good. If you like games like this, you'll like this."

Honestly, you had trouble making sense of the review because it used big words? That doesn't reflect well on you, does it?

And Edge has for a long time held a very different scoring system to other outlets, where 5/10 is average. So a 7/10 is a game that's good, but unremarkable. It's not some kind of a mortal insult.

#342 clockworkbob

clockworkbob

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:29 AM

I like the three person format, you three mesh really well together. The CAGcast lost me for a little bit, but it's again on the must immediately listen to list

#343 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:11 AM

Always enjoy the Shipwreck shows, though I am sad panda because you answered a CAGbag question about magical electric toilets, and it wasn't mine. :cry:

Loved the bit about Shipwreck pretty much getting every other adult gamer on Earth off the hook because of the sheer magnitude of his collection.

#344 Dougerus

Dougerus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:29 PM

If you were to choose between Flower or Braid which we you get? Or maybe you would suggest a free RACNAB? But seriously if you are only going to get one Braid or Flower?

RACNAB was suppose to mean Rachet and Clank Nuts and Bolts!